G5 wishlist.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: G5 wishlist.
Apprentice
Member # 10908
Profile #200
How about some better graphics?
Warrior
Member # 8036
Profile #201
quote:
Originally written by Taliesin:

What I meant was that the old guardian is pretty simple compared to the newer guardian and the warrior.
I like the Warrior avatar, but the Guardian avatar seems to just piss me off... I don't know what it is, it just looks annoying...

--------------------
Put your heart into all you do, even when it seems your are diving head first to your demise, for your heart knows the right path to a true victory!
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #202
Spiderweab games aren't about graphicks and they are not its better side so its not likely to happen.

I would like a compromise betwen warrior and guardian look.

--------------------
Whats the point of signature?
Warrior
Member # 8036
Profile #203
The Guardian Looks like a man wearing a blue tunic, and his helmet looks a little retard.

The Warrior looks more as if he is wearing armor and not a oversized tunic from his Grandmother on the other side of Terrestria, and although he is wearing the same style of helmet, it is done up better, the Guardian looks like he is wearing a a ladies leather thong over his head. :eek:

--------------------
Put your heart into all you do, even when it seems your are diving head first to your demise, for your heart knows the right path to a true victory!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #204
The graphic change Dikiyoba would most like to see (though it's not a big deal at all) is unique PC graphics that aren't also NPC graphics. To Dikiyoba, lifecrafters and mages having the same graphic is a bit odd.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Warrior
Member # 8036
Profile #205
geneforges graphics are ok... Just do something a little better for the guardians I say...

[ Thursday, October 18, 2007 23:46: Message edited by: The Crimson Coyote ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #206
Ladies Thong, huh? :rolleyes: Honestly i think the guardians are cool and looked better.

Now what would really be cool but isn't going to happen is that if the PC from the previous game came back as the final boss (with random stats and a class) you would see them throughout the game taunting you and at the end you would battle them as a highly warped canister freak. (i am implying that the rebel ending will happen because at that point everyone is at equal power) That is if you were shaper now if you were rebel you would get to take on the counsel of shapers with one or 2 creations or friendly generals (if you didn't shape). And then at the end, one possible ending is for you and the other PCs from the other games all to chain-link a shaping spell and make the Ultimate creation and dominate all of Illaya, Morras, Burwood, Etc etc........ The final battle would be held on sucia island over the first and most powerful geneforge.

And personally i want a spell that shapes a orink in people :P

[ Friday, October 19, 2007 03:14: Message edited by: SlaughteringSevile ]

--------------------
Vivan los Drayks! Viva Khyryk! Vivan los Serviles! Vivan los Travokites!
Tastes like Bambi, delicious
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons! this is what you send to blizzard if they cancel Starcraft 2.
Warrior
Member # 8036
Profile #207
quote:
Originally written by SlaughteringSevile:

Ladies Thong, huh? :rolleyes: Honestly i think the guardians are cool and looked better.

Yes... a Ladies thong...
They do look better than from the first games, but They do need a better graphic!
ah... nvm...

Im sure at least some of you want to see this idea I just came up with:

Half way though the game, the Wanderer (Shaper/Lifecrafter) gets put into a really bad situation... if he has used enough of the canisters and gets defeated in a particular special encounter He is saved by a few rebel scouts after being seriously wounded (thinking having his/her legs and one arm completely ripped off and eaten) and is taken to a Rebel fort.
once there a Rebel Canister maker reforges our hero from a human into a Drakon. truly improved!

Now I am going to Try and write a fanfic of this scene and make it a random post here! And While I am at it, I am going to draw a few hundred concepts for this new breed of warrior! Even though its likely never even been though up, let alone, ever be implemented! :D

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #208
He could be turned to dracon withot having his legs(or arm) eaten.But its not so good, why would anyone want to be powerfull giant-lizard when he could be powerfull glowing human. Its better to glow then to become a giant arogant lizard.He could instead make himself stronger to resist desiases, to stop felling cold or heat(it would be cool if you can't get fire or ice damage)or even stop death!To live for centuries!

Or if he gets his legs(or arm) eaten he could use a special canister or pod to grow it again.Or he could shape his legs again improving them, he could make them run very fast or if his arm gets eaten gives them super strenght or making them imposible to get eaten again or something like that.

It would make much more sense then having himself completley altered.He could alter himself completley anytime without having his legs(or arm)eaten.

Those two ideas are good but when combined they result in not so good mix.They could be used in G5 seperatly.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #209
I think using Shaping on people should be legal under very specific circumstances, like making people immune to diseases or growing back limbs as mentioned above. Hey, the knowledge exists whether the Shapers like it or not, and it's a shame to waste power that could be used wisely. I do admire the Shapers' self-control in this area, but it's like trying to destroy nuclear weapon technology: If you make them totally illegal under all circumstances, only your enemies will have them. And they will use them, too.

Edit: Fixed wording mistake.

[ Sunday, October 21, 2007 14:19: Message edited by: Taliesin ]

--------------------
Love is the movement.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #210
Healing people is already permissible. Repairing someone is a lot different than creating or altering someone.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #211
Oops. I meant altering people to be immune to diseases. And I doubt that growing back limbs would fall under the category of "legal" Shaping.

--------------------
Love is the movement.
Warrior
Member # 8036
Profile #212
I am now wondering... what extent dose the Healing go to In the GF universe?

Well... Thinking about the Reshaping limbs thing, I would...
-Shape a baton like creation into my arms. (+2 Baton attacks/Missle weapon skills)
-Shape my legs to be more like an animal's back legs, so I can run particularly fast. (+3-5 action points in Combat)
-Shape a set of Bat like wings with a light weight carapace over them to prevent damage to them... (+45% armoring, Different choices on some Special Encounters)
-Shape a Tail with a Mace and a Baton like end on it. (+1 melee attack, +1 Baton attack)

You have to admit such a lifecrafter would look cool!

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #213
Originally by Taliesin:

quote:
Oops. I meant altering people to be immune to diseases. And I doubt that growing back limbs would fall under the category of "legal" Shaping.
Let's see... the first zone of G2 gives us:

quote:
This is an operating room, where wounded humans and serviles are brought to be cured. A trained Shaper can use magic and raw essence to alter a damaged person or even rebuild damaged body parts.
To me, "rebuild damaged body parts" sounds like limb replacement is an option. I don't know how easy it would be to do, what it would look like, or how functional the resulting limb would be, but it sounds like it's possible.

But I do agree that disease immunity is probably currently illegal, since the Shapers technique is still essentially random. However, it's worth noting that the Takers in G2 were able to develop a cure for a servile disease by doing some sort of work on the disease itself. And in G4, the Shapers were able to read the Unbound specifications without much trouble. So who knows what the future will bring?

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #214
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Let's see... the first zone of G2 gives us:

quote:
This is an operating room, where wounded humans and serviles are brought to be cured. A trained Shaper can use magic and raw essence to alter a damaged person or even rebuild damaged body parts.
To me, "rebuild damaged body parts" sounds like limb replacement is an option. I don't know how easy it would be to do, what it would look like, or how functional the resulting limb would be, but it sounds like it's possible.

Dikiyoba.

I stand corrected. That makes me feel a bit better about that part of Shaper law. Although I still think they would do well to keep some of that DNA research from Sucia. However, that knowledge is very easy to abuse, so I don't know. It's all part of the dilemma that makes the Geneforge world so interesting.

--------------------
Love is the movement.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #215
But if everyone had that power and somebody abuses it rest of them could defeat him, afterall they will use the same powers.

And human shaping would be very cool.I wonder will rebellion use it in G5.Hope so!

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 8036
Profile #216
Ok... This is what 'I' Had in mind for a Modified human.
IMAGE(http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/3647/reshapingcg6.jpg)

Do you guys like?

[ Monday, October 22, 2007 18:27: Message edited by: The Crimson Coyote ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #217
It looks way too crepy.

I would like super limbs but not to look like a...a...a monster.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 8036
Profile #218
He looks Creepy! HE IS A LIFE CRAFTER AND YOU WILL TREAT HIM WITH RESPECT! :P

lol

You should see THE Character from the story I am making: Colicdus.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #219
It is blond. It must die.

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #220
I like the wrist-as-thorn-baton idea, but overall it looks like an unholy combination of Star Wars and Diablo bad guys. Which is freaky but kind of cool. :eek:

quote:
Originally by Nalyd:
It is blond. It must die.
Excuse me? *raises (blond) eyebrow*

[ Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:52: Message edited by: Taliesin ]

--------------------
Love is the movement.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #221
Nalyd has an irrational hatred of blond hair. At least, the almost-white bleached look in that picture.

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #222
Okay, good. I'm not that blond. Haha. :P

--------------------
Love is the movement.
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #223
That thing reminds me of a digimon. Does anyone else think that? (Wiki digimon if you forgot what they look like)

--------------------
Ornk Meat and Guacamole --------- $6.00
Gazer Tentacle Stew -------------- $10.00
=:T:=
Warrior
Member # 8036
Profile #224
Dose it mater that its blond?
Im trying to go for a way out look... I mean The guy has been altered!

Maybe I should have gone with red and blue streaks of hedgehog hair/spikes?

[ Thursday, October 25, 2007 00:13: Message edited by: The Crimson Coyote ]

--------------------

Pages