G5 wishlist.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: G5 wishlist.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #150
You want to crush an Artilla :P
Riding on a wingbolt would be interesting.

--------------------
Don't judge a sentence until you know all the words.

Not in your shed -We are sort of done. Helpful criticism is welcome.
Everyone, just call me Iffy. Please.

Be grateful you have your unsellabe trowels -Goldenking

My scenario: Muffins n' Hell
Apprentice
Member # 8542
Profile #151
It's very easy to have your own fortress/house/domain in any geneforge. I have done it ever since geneforge 1, and here's how you do it:

- explore the map, and find a nice place you like, preferably a small town
- if you just want a house, choose one in that town and claim it for yourself (hopefully no one inside that house will mind to be thrown out)
-if you want an entire town, go into battle mode and strip it clean of all life

if this has been made correctly, you now have a functional house/shelter/town/city/fortress to call your own :)

PS: Killing everything in some cities, especially in G1 and G2 will make you an enemy of that city's faction forever so make sure you hate that faction enough before proceeding with the slaughter :P
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #152
I always liked using the entry to the lair of the Bound One in G2 as my cache and trophy room.

One problem is that you can only rest in a friendly town. So a town whose inhabitants you have massacred, or a lair you have cleared of monsters, won't work to restore you. That means that however homey you may make it, to pump yourself up after a tough fight you still have to visit some darn town full of annoying strangers. Grrr.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #153
You can claim a town with essence and healing poll.That would work.

--------------------
Whats the point of signature?
Apprentice
Member # 5457
Profile #154
Oh hell, it's Colicedus. Just don't suggest that he add chainsaws.

Now then, I'd like to see more change in towns. If a Shaper camp occupies a town, they'd logically add fortifications, defense it up. If a berserk rogue is trampling through an area, it seems to follow that things would get broken. We already know areas can change, we just need more of it.
Warrior
Member # 8036
Profile #155
You should know I have hung up my chainsaw for now...

I think that there should be a world clock system, hunger, and sleep, and other day to day things in life as a non shaper in GF5, then towards the middle of the beginning after doing something like using a Geneforge, you become a hero and don't require sleep and other crap.

I also think, that here should be destructible buildings.
(Who had fun in Avernum with the Move mountains spell?)
For instance you could blow apart doors rather than pick the lock!
Or you just blow a hole in the side of that bastards house who just ripped you off!

I also think there should be a special opportunity fire attack. for those of you who have not played Horror squadron, opportunity fire is done if you have X amount of Action points at the end of your turn to allow yourself to fire at some one as they enter your line of sight in combat, letting you use range weaponry/spells to attack him on his turn.

I also think, there should be... no, no thats enough...

[ Thursday, October 11, 2007 01:43: Message edited by: Colicedus: the Chainsaw Master ]

--------------------
Put your heart into all you do, even when it seems your are diving head first to your demise, for your heart knows the right path to a true victory!
Apprentice
Member # 5457
Profile #156
Wanton destruction is appropriate only in moderation. Move Mountains and Shatter took advantage of pre-existing damage and amplified it. There's more than enough of that in the Geneforge world, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem to apply tactically. Or better yet, a disaster unique to this world: the genemodded plants, all to willing to usurp any building or clearing left alone for long enough. How about a new spell, Overgrow? Used on a section of forest, it would perhaps cause (young, breakable) trees to sprout up, barring your enemies path or even trapping them where they stand.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #157
quote:
Originally written by Paladin95:

I'm no computer programmer, so, please, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like a fairly easy idea to program if you keep the functions simple. All you would really need is the ability to generate NPC Serviles that will roam a specified area, similar to the NPC's that already exist. You can talk to them, and when you tell them to complete x task it will take z time to complete based on the number y of Serviles that are working on it. After that time is up, the item shows up on the map in the place you designated. It's not a whole lot different than how the school in G3 gets cleaned up as you progress through the game, except the prompts for the change to occur are caused by a talk node with a Servile instead of a plot element.

This is a good idea and is also rather unlikely to happen. I do see that you might be able to do it within the scripting system though - the only thing required on the engine's part is to remember the addition of NPCs and the change of terrains.
quote:
Originally written by Ijuuin Enzan:

Or better yet, a disaster unique to this world: the genemodded plants, all to willing to usurp any building or clearing left alone for long enough. How about a new spell, Overgrow? Used on a section of forest, it would perhaps cause (young, breakable) trees to sprout up, barring your enemies path or even trapping them where they stand.
But this would also block your way which could cause problems of not being able to get somewhere you need to get to.
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #158
quote:
But this would also block your way which could cause problems of not being able to get somewhere you need to get to.
They did specify "breakable" trees. So you could just burn them up or hack them down when they had served your purpose.

--------------------
Love is the movement.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #159
Or clean the entire forest that already exists or dig tunnels trought ground.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #160
quote:
Originally written by Taliesin:

quote:
They did specify "breakable" trees. So you could just burn them up or hack them down when they had served your purpose.

... Since when can you burn / hack down trees in Geneforge?
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #161
You can't.Its only a wish to be able to burn trees in G5.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #162
There's absolutely no reason why you couldn't. Only JV probably wouldn't.

--------------------
Death, chaos, destruction, my work here is just begining...
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #163
What if in G5 you would be able to use geneforge two or more times?

I mean when you do quests for rebells they decide to give you more power and not just a little(like using another canister)more like using geneforge again which bosts many of your stats and abilitis by more than one point.

But not to use it to often only 2-3 times othervise you would become to powerfull to trully enjoy the game.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5457
Profile #164
quote:
Originally written by LakiRa@:

What if in G5 you would be able to use geneforge two or more times?
That's pretty much contrary to the point of the Geneforge. You did play 4 and read all the first-personal intricacies of having used it even once, yes?
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #165
Yes, I even tried to using it second time both in southforge an northforge citadel and it killed me both times.

Point of geneforge(in G4) is to be much more powerful canister.

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #166
The Geneforges in G4 were Lite versions. Great taste, but less filling. So maybe there could be a super-duper Geneforge in G5, even better than the original, which would allow you to totally blast everything to blazes. Yeah, that would be good.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #167
One thing that Nalyd wants is the uncontrolled Shaping waves that were used on the natives of Sucia in pre-G1 times.

By the way, it is Nalyd's impression that Shapers Shape by creating the zygote of a base creature, bombarding it with different types of radiation, and accelerating the growth process.

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
Warrior
Member # 8036
Profile #168
I had a thought... Shaper Surgery?
If you take one lead of the story or do something wrong (or right depending on how you look at it) at a particular part your body gets really badly damaged, your legs even get ripped off and eaten!

But thanks to Illegal shaping, your able to get new limbs attached to you, and you gain some new powers!
Your armor also increases, and... maybe you get a chainsaw?

What about playing as Multiple shapers at one time, each with there owen inventories, some what similar to Avernum?

Particularly in G3 i think Al and Greta should have had some sort of inventory system.

--------------------
Put your heart into all you do, even when it seems your are diving head first to your demise, for your heart knows the right path to a true victory!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #169
G1's Geneforge turned you into a demi-god. All your stats were increased by 10 and you could take on anything with realitve ease. It was _hard_ to die after you used it, even if you walked through a minefield or the like.

--------------------
Death, chaos, destruction, my work here is just begining...
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #170
That's cool!Hope Jeff brings it back in G5.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4278
Profile Homepage #171
quote:

By the way, it is Nalyd's impression that Shapers Shape by creating the zygote of a base creature, bombarding it with different types of radiation, and accelerating the growth process.[/QB]
The second part of that theory makes sense to me, but how do they create the zygote? Where do they get the Gametes from? From their own reproductive organs?

--------------------
Pathological Jerk
Jerking at Spiderweb since 1999
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #172
They don't need gametes. Think of it as taking a cell and injecting the new DNA into it. Voila, a zygote (provided the DNA codes for some multicellular creature).
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #173
That's what the base materials are for. Like sulfur for a fyora, or a scorpion for a clawbug. Nalyd remembers reading something to this effect in one of the Geneforges.

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #174
GF3 and GF4 both have posters during loading that sometimes show creations and small trivia facts about them. Some of them indicate that certain creations came from a base of some other critter. The base of a Clawbug is a scorpion, the base of a Wingbolt from an Artila, etc.

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.

Pages