G5 wishlist.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: G5 wishlist.
Warrior
Member # 7099
Profile #75
i think it would be cool if there were randomized mutations youd get from using canisters, based on what creatures and spells you use the most. or just dramatic physical changes or something. And he wouldnt have to put a ton of effort, just small changes would be kinda cool. Oh, and i am waiting for a character to pull a Jesus and be brought back from the dead. Evil character or not, either way matters not. Oh...And little green Martians.... Ya know what would be friggin awesome. If Mr Vogal (hope i spelled his name right?) put in some sub plots, that are at different points in the geneforge world. one character here, the other there...Then they meet up here. or something. I dont know if he has the capacity to do that with his software though....

--------------------
I like everyone...I just like some people more than others!
Apprentice
Member # 7802
Profile #76
I think that in reward for going to the effort to find the Ornk canister you should get to use it as a pack animal. Just to keep that from making anything too much like a free give away it should be a pack animal with an extreme lack of any sense of self preservation. So you can get to use it to carry stuff instead of just taking an action point hit for having a heavy backpack...but you can't keep anything too valuable on them because they'll likely get themselves killed the first time something stronger than themselves comes around and drop all your goodies on the ground. I could be a great way to help prevent the boredom of scouring and rescouring an area because you can't pick it all up to sell it in one trip. Just make a suicidal pack animal after clearing the zone and way fewer trips. It seems like the most logical thing to do with the traditional Ornk canisters. I'm not exactly sure how to integrate that with the entire "give 2 of intelligence and get to control it in battle" perhaps there's a joke each time to try to give them intelligence about cow's being soo stupid that granting them intellectual enlightenment threatens to drain all your essence in the attempt.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #77
quote:
Originally written by Corrupted One:

In regards to the last comment, no idea whether or not you were trying to be funny but the idea sounds interesting to say the least.
So I take it you haven't played Planescape: Torment either. Kids these days.

[ Wednesday, August 01, 2007 21:59: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #78
Corrupted One:

My plot was tongue in cheek. As Thuryl pointed out, it's the plot from Planescape: Torment. I suggest you drop everything you are doing and hire the game out, and give it a whirl. It's one of the best RPG's in existence.

quote:

Also, in what way is KoToR similiar to my idea? Do you start out as a Sith lord ( minus the memories and force powers) and join the Jedi?

Pretty much.

I was going to explain the plot, but I've decided not to. Spoilers and all. One day you might want to play the game.

[ Wednesday, August 01, 2007 22:44: Message edited by: Suspicious Vlish ]

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #79
quote:
Originally written by CrouchingOwl:

I think that in reward for going to the effort to find the Ornk canister you should get to use it as a pack animal.
We should assemble an angry mob to force Jeff to do this..

Also..to make it more fun..all Ornk Couriers have really low HP and stays that way..to stop possible abuses..and only one Ornk Courier can be created at a time..that be fun!

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Apprentice
Member # 6525
Profile #80
Actually using it as a pack animal rather than a battle creation is a great idea and as CrouchingOwl said it saves the boredom of making three trips through an area find and sell everything, especially when you raid some mines and find 500lbs of crystal to sell but end up with 1AP if you carry them.

The angry mob starts behind me

[ Thursday, August 02, 2007 09:40: Message edited by: bigbri2k5 ]

--------------------
Sigs Are For Weirdos ^_^
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #81
Or we could just use G4's encumbrance system and not have to worry about our inventory weight at all. An ornk could still be useful if it provided additional inventory slots, but then, adding additional inventory space that can only be used for charms would be useful too.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #82
You didn't like having a third of the inventory slots filled in with charms? Then another a half a dozen with swappable items for dealing with traps and doors.
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #83
And drop everything I am doing and play it I shall. :D If I could find it. I looked it up on both google and a few other search engines but all that turned up were a few fan sites and a wikipedia definition of it. Any suggestions? :confused:

Edit: My brother actually came up with this idea and insisted I post it. When I told him about the whole rebel shaper concept he wasn't really paying attention, and so he asked if the rebels were a new nation with their own, seperate, and completely different, version of shaping. The nation then, for no reason, rebelled against the shapers. Of course that plot makes almost no sense, but I think it is pretty interesting with the whole seperate version of shaping different nation thing. But that would proubaly raise more questions and most likely isn't the best way the end the series.

[ Thursday, August 02, 2007 18:28: Message edited by: Corrupted One ]

--------------------
Are you sure it was a book? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #84
quote:
Originally written by Corrupted One:

And drop everything I am doing and play it I shall. :D If I could find it. I looked it up on both google and a few other search engines but all that turned up were a few fan sites and a wikipedia definition of it. Any suggestions? :confused:
Shesh. Did you ever think of looking on the company website? The company who just happens to also be the one who's boards we're on?

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #85
Thank you for the response. I apologize for my laziness. Obviously it was stupid of me to not look for the company,I was not thinking clearly, haven't had a good not sleep in a while. But that is besides the point, there is no excuse for being lathergic and forcing others to pick up the slack that is built up by your inactivity.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #86
Relax, everyone ends up making some stupid mistake they wouldn't usually make when it's late. It's happened to you, it's happened to me, and it's happened to everyone else.

--------------------
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #87
Well, I guess its time we start steering this thread back in the right direction. If you had a choice which would you pick, a post-apocalyptic world or a stalemate-one-soldier-makes-all-the-difference-world?

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #88
Really, I'd rather have neither. Realistically, it's going to end up a stalemate with you making all the difference.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #89
I would like the shaper ending. How it would go is the rebels and shapers found a lot of new land(not sholi) which both are in a race to colonize the new lands. The lands are crucial for 2 reasons. One the shapers can use the lands as a stageing point to attack the Ashen isles since they are closer and the water between the ashen islands and the new lands aren't as rough. You start off shaper who was in school but was pulled out to help with the war effort. If you choose to join the rebels you move slowly up through the ranks till you push the shapers out of the new lands. Once you do that you do that head to the ashen islands were you are tested and eventually give the rank of general with an army to match. You then launch a campaign on the shapers which destroys the high council and in the ends crushes the shapers. If you choose to remain loyal to the shapers it pretty much remains the same execpt you sever the shapers. You move through the ranks till you successfully gain the lands the shaper needs. Then you head to the high counsel you are tested and given the rank of general and you then launch an assault to retake the ashen islands. the only thing is th is world would be much larger then any
other Geneforge world.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #90
I wasn't asking which one you liked more, those two concepts are pretty played out, just curious as to which one people hate less. Too many people have made games centered around those concepts, too few have done it right, it leaves a sour taste in your mouth when it comes to those kinds of games. Assuming that Jeff would do it right, which would you prefer to ( be forced to)play? It's a lesser-of-two-evils kind of thing.

[ Saturday, August 04, 2007 19:02: Message edited by: Corrupted One ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #91
I like a stalemate thing. with a twist. Something has been discovered the first one to utilize it to its full degree wins. Your character somehow manage to get in on it.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #92
Or your character is it....

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5550
Profile Homepage #93
in short words u want to make it like obivion in open endness style

--------------------
Q: What is the sound of one hand clapping?
A: The sound of someone getting smacked upside the head.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Don't worry Alorael, custom titles are overrated.
Apprentice
Member # 9664
Profile #94
How 'bout characters responding more to your outside actions, I remember the first time I played geneforge someone said "we can't get by them, we're just too tired" or something along those lines, so I healed them, blessed them, not a bit of difference was made. Not to mention no matter how powerful you are, some people still treat you the same way.

I also wouldn't mind an option to play the game without turn-based limitations.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #95
quote:
Originally written by trogdor458:

I also wouldn't mind an option to play the game without turn-based limitations.
Tacking on optional real-time combat to a system not designed for it doesn't tend to turn out well. Look at Arcanum.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 9664
Profile #96
I was afraid of that...but still, it's not like it's impossible, move things simultaneously and replace actionpoints with actual time.

Unfortunately, spiderweb seems to be all into the turn-based bit.

[ Wednesday, August 08, 2007 22:57: Message edited by: trogdor458 ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #97
Um, Thuryl, are you talking about the Arcanum where you start out in a crashed zeppelin? I only played the ridiculously short demo version, but I didn't notice anything optional or really turn-based about combat.

It seemed more like a Diablo-esque real-time thing (where different weapons had different delays between attacks), except the automation spared you the clicking frenzy.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #98
quote:
Originally written by root:

Um, Thuryl, are you talking about the Arcanum where you start out in a crashed zeppelin? I only played the ridiculously short demo version, but I didn't notice anything optional or really turn-based about combat.

It seemed more like a Diablo-esque real-time thing (where different weapons had different delays between attacks), except the automation spared you the clicking frenzy.

That is what real-time combat in Arcanum is like. There is an option for turn-based combat. You will enjoy the game a great deal more if you turn it on.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #99
Whoops. It's easy to miss things if you try to learn about an interface just by intuition.

I far prefer turn-based combat anyway. Thanks for that hint.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.

Pages