G5 wishlist.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: G5 wishlist.
Apprentice
Member # 12720
Profile #275
i'm just curios if any of the above ideas will catch the devs attentions, or if he even reads these posts...
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #276
Jeff Vogel doesn't view the boards often, but most of his attention is directed towards the tech support and Avernum 5 forums as of currently.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #277
Jeff does read these once in a while on the off chance that something useful is posted, but don't count on it.
Apprentice
Member # 12720
Profile #278
well, maybe some "heavy" forum members could inform him about the most popular or interesting requests.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #279
I think the administrators take care of that.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Apprentice
Member # 11797
Profile #280
Wouldn't one of the other two people read these boards?
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #281
I would like to see at the end of the game that all sides and people like greta, alwan and ghaldring( shapers, rebels/drakons, and trakovites) meet in one level to decide and reason the war. then depending on what you say and what side your on, a huge battle of hundreds of shapers and drakons and rebels all clash and a huge battle will decide the end. Instead of the tiny battles in certain levels. Then it will truly test your strength.

--------------------
UR-DRAKONS RULE. Ur-Drakons are the god of geneforge 4. They cant be beat. Ur-Drakons shall rule forever. Those who disagree should be destroyed. (I am Seriously Serious about the Seriousness of me being Serious.
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #282
The battle concept sounds interesting (I think there is a large battle in an Avernum game), but the "All sides decide to stop fighting for several months while a group of representatives from every single cult gather to have a peace talk that ends in a large battle between the shapers and rebels (no one else)" Is unlikely to happened. Also I think a large battle would be hard to survive and portray in turn based battles, not to mention it would just be too much thinking for some older computers.

[ Thursday, January 24, 2008 19:09: Message edited by: The Ratt ]

--------------------
Ornk Meat and Guacamole --------- $6.00
Gazer Tentacle Stew -------------- $10.00
=:T:=
Apprentice
Member # 12720
Profile #283
i don't believe that the game consumes so much power as to prevent computers running it smoothly, and a huge battle would be fun, though it may last for hours and your character may not have a very important part in such a battle.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #284
quote:
Originally written by Mythrael:

i don't believe that the game consumes so much power as to prevent computers running it smoothly, and a huge battle would be fun, though it may last for hours and your character may not have a very important part in such a battle.
This won't in G5 Jeff said we get to decided how it ends.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #285
It may seem like that, but for every single participant in the battle the computer needs to calculate which enemy is weakest or attacked last, and what to do, and if you stick in fifty fighters for each side, that is a lot of decision making. Then it also needs to do all the graphics for the creatures moving both before and during the battle. While it wouldn't bog down newer computers, older computers may be pushed towards their limits.

--------------------
Ornk Meat and Guacamole --------- $6.00
Gazer Tentacle Stew -------------- $10.00
=:T:=
Apprentice
Member # 12516
Profile #286
The only thing I really SERIOUSLY want in this game is 1 (okay maybe 2) thing(s).

First have the same general features as the previous games (dont screw up a good system).

And make sure that us poor Windows Vista players can actually play it. Don't leave me all alone in this pit of despair! :D

--------------------
Man #1- "Now you gotta take this with a grain a' salt."
Man #2- "Okay, who are we taking said item from and why are we assaulting his grain?"

"why would some one in their right mind pee/poop on the geneforge?"- Safey
Apprentice
Member # 7180
Profile Homepage #287
Vista users can play geneforge. The only games we can't play are the old nethergate and exile games.

--------------------
Better to reign in Hell then to serve in Heavan.
-Sean Howard
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #288
Actually, Vista users can play the original Nethergate and Exile games.

--------------------
Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 7180
Profile Homepage #289
Well then, Vista user can can play the old nethergate and exile games.

How though, it says "pre-vista" in the Windows box?

EDIT: typo

[ Friday, February 01, 2008 09:31: Message edited by: Grimm ]

--------------------
Better to reign in Hell then to serve in Heavan.
-Sean Howard
Apprentice
Member # 12720
Profile #290
considering that geneforge 5 will be the last geneforge game, it would be cool to have a secret unlockable character..., lets say a shaper with no penalty to melee or magic..., and this character could be playable once the game is finished with the regular characters.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #291
quote:
Originally written by Grimm:

How though, it say "pre-vista" in the Windows box?
Just install it and play. It only says pre-vista because the games are not supported for vista.

--------------------
Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 12720
Profile #292
What about some magic creations that focus on disabling or healing effects(imaging a vlish that only dazes, without doing any damage!!!)
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #293
quote:

How though, it says "pre-vista" in the Windows box?

Some Vista info here:

Windows Vista 32 and 64 capability with Spiderweb Products
http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000958

As for Geneforge 5:

1. I'd like to see a character editor in it as I understand is in Avernum 5. (Which I'm going slightly bonkers waiting for a Windows version. Exact ETA anyone?)

2. I'd like to see the ability to fly or float for the player character. This shouldn't be out of the general feel of the series as both magic and genetic engineering could easily accommodate such a feature.

The advantage? Reduced levels of damage when flying over hot things. Fly over rivers, you could cross without a bridge and hover in the middle of it and pick off foes that can't fly or swim. This would limit getting "swarmed" to other flying, floating critters. Also, it would be balanced by your other creations. Land bound ones couldn't follow you directly.

Make it an equippable item like a ring or belt. Or even an item that you could put in 1 of the 4 quick equip buttons. Like a wand or baton that doubles as a weapon.

Maybe make it so you could choose your PC as one with flight ability.

Or just make it a reward for a quest or an item you could buy from an NPC.
Microphage

--------------------
Aide: (tugging at General's pant leg from ground..) "Sir! Please get down!"
General: "What!?! They couldn't hit a Drakon from that dist..."
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #294
quote:

What about some magic creations that focus on disabling or healing effects(imaging a vlish that only dazes, without doing any damage!!!)
I like it.

--------------------
"Write a wise saying and your name will live forever." - Anonymous
Apprentice
Member # 12720
Profile #295
it would need some tinkering but this thing would look like a perfect ultimate battle creation(or magic if some sort of magic effects would be added in the game), and it would be cool to have a creation like this in the game.

The pic is taken from deviantart.com

IMAGE(http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs28/f/2008/046/9/7/TEH_SIX_ARMED_PWNZ0RZZ_by_KALiZU.jpg)

[ Sunday, February 17, 2008 01:42: Message edited by: Mythrael ]
Apprentice
Member # 13870
Profile #296
It would be cool if there woyld be more effects that you can do to an opponate's mind.....

--------------------
" When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here cease, I want they bury me upsidedown, so my critics can kiss my *** "
- Bob Knight

Welcome to Spiderweb, newcomer. Leave your sanity at the door.
-Taliesin
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #297
quote:

it would need some tinkering but this thing would look like a perfect ultimate battle creation(or magic if some sort of magic effects would be added in the game), and it would be cool to have a creation like this in the game.

The pic is taken from deviantart.com

IMAGE(http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs28/f/2008/046/9/7/TEH_SIX_ARMED_PWNZ0RZZ_by_KALiZU.jpg)

Nah..

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #298
Ew, just plain ew.

--------------------
Vivan los Drayks! Viva Khyryk! Vivan los Serviles! Vivan los Travokites!
Tastes like Bambi, delicious
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons! this is what you send to blizzard if they cancel Starcraft 2.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #299
I think Jeff should have some talking inanimate object that makes a reference to the Avernum series. Just because I was loser enough to carry a talking skull around.

Maybe a whole set of Xian like items could do as well.

--------------------

Pages