G5 wishlist.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: G5 wishlist.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #300
A snarky portable servant mind ... hmmm, maybe better would just be a chatty servant mind sitting near a good shop. Someplace you come back to a lot, but not your backpack.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #301
How about an annoying-ass fairy, like in Zelda? "Hey! Hey! Listen! Link! Look out! Hey! What's that? Tee-hee-hee!"

I want grenades. Of course they'd have to be Shaped rather than manufactured - like portable versions of mines. You chuck it a short distance at a spot on the ground, and the next turn, it severely damages everything nearby. Simple/ignorant creations don't know to run away from it. I guess it would do physical/fire damage.

IMAGE(http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6996/grenadebv1.gif)

Is it me, or do I have a habit of going way too far to illustrate an idea?

--------------------
"Write a wise saying and your name will live forever." - Anonymous
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #302
I want the shaping opening screen back, when I got g1 All I did was shape all of them, after 2 hours of doing so I got a little message at the bottom: "You know, there is the acual Geneforge game! -Jeff Vogel" That was amusing.

--------------------
Vivan los Drayks! Viva Khyryk! Vivan los Serviles! Vivan los Travokites!
Tastes like Bambi, delicious
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons! this is what you send to blizzard if they cancel Starcraft 2.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #303
quote:
Originally written by Nick Ringer:

How about an annoying-ass fairy, like in Zelda? "Hey! Hey! Listen! Link! Look out! Hey! What's that? Tee-hee-hee!"

I want grenades. Of course they'd have to be Shaped rather than manufactured - like portable versions of mines. You chuck it a short distance at a spot on the ground, and the next turn, it severely damages everything nearby. Simple/ignorant creations don't know to run away from it. I guess it would do physical/fire damage.

IMAGE(http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6996/grenadebv1.gif)

Is it me, or do I have a habit of going way too far to illustrate an idea?

Fairy. We've got one of them. It's called the tutorial pop-ups. "This is a dagger. It's for killing your enemies. Eventually, you'll be able to get weapons that can kill even bigger enemies. For now though, you can use this dagger."

Grenades = Throwing Crystals.

Xel'Raga: All of the screens are interactive. The little energy things in G4 move when you click, you have a Shaping platform in G3, acid drops come off the pointer in G2, and everyone knows about G1. The return of the messages, or just better interactivity, would be nice though.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #304
quote:
Originally written by Goldenking:

Grenades = Throwing Crystals.
Uh . . . [Nick realizes he has stated the obvious, and attempts to cover for it] That proves what a good idea it is! Great minds think alike, right? [Nick dies a little on the inside.]

You could at least admit the animation is cool, or I just wasted like an hour and a half. It's all, like, whoosh! whippp! chomp, yank, ker-flinnggg! and then a pause, and then BLOOOSHH!

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5302
Profile #305
If there were some crystals that would land on the ground and take a round to explode though, that would be cool. You could force enemies out of an area or keep them from entering somewhere.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #306
It's a very cool animation, and it might well be worthwhile to further expand the Geneforge arsenal of missile weapons. For instance, the battle discipline mechanics of Avernum 5 are too good not to be ported, in some form, to Geneforge 5. But taking them straight over as battle disciplines that you acquire with increased combat skills might not be the best way. Geneforge lacks bows and pole arms, so the skill point system might be too hard to balance properly.

And it's just not the Geneforge way, to have special abilities come by natural training, when they could come by mutant magic instead. So an Adrenaline Pod or Fury Pod, that could not be used too often, would make more sense than the disciplines. But the disciplines that weaken or stun opponents, these might work nicely as specially shaped thorns or grenades.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #307
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

But the disciplines that weaken or stun opponents, these might work nicely as specially shaped thorns or grenades.
We already have submission thorns for stunning. And wands of stunning. And stun crystals. And weapon enhancements that inflict wrack or slow on a hit (although the runed onyx just stops having an effect on late-game monsters).

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #308
I want pack animals and to be able to make serviles. Of course making serviles would anger the rebels...

Pack animals would be good though.

--------------------
Hi. Why is the universe so BIG? Why am I human? How come hot dogs come in packages of 10 and buns 8? This will all be solved in time young padawan. Your quest for the ultimate Aztec manuer is coming to a climax. May the force be with you!!!
······························································
This is where I want you to click! Rate me! Ha Ha
Check out some cool Mac OS X Apps that were made by me here!
You can take my iMac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the wireless mouse!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #309
Yeah. I've wanted Baggage Ornks since GF1.

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #310
The difference with the stunning battle discipline is that it actually works. The wands and batons and crystals just add a couple of points of 'stun', which all the respectable enemies shrug off easily; but a successful hit with a Stunning Blow takes away the target's next turn completely.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #311
Perhaps what we need is a revised stunning system now that the AP system has been changed.

Also, battle disciplines would certainly help solve the weakness (and uncoolness) of battle creations. Thahds would know just the first two or three, maybe, and war tralls would know them all.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #312
I agree that stunning is quite useful, but I believe tat it is so low in G4 is that otherwise, glaaks, some vlish, and most battle creations would just stun you into oblivion.

I have not taken the time to try out A5 and therefore do not know much about the battle disiplines (see I can't even spell it right), but adding them to battle creations sounds like good compensation for the cost of essence; though it could cause balance problems if all battle creations get them, and some people may be confused on how to use them or the likes.

[ Monday, February 25, 2008 14:44: Message edited by: The Ratt ]

--------------------
Ornk Meat and Guacamole --------- $6.00
Gazer Tentacle Stew -------------- $10.00
=:T:=
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #313
B A G G A G E O R N K S !

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #314
quote:

Maybe before G4, but now that there's such a convenient weight system, there is absolutely no need. Anything more right now would defeat the purpose of a limited inventory entirely.

By the way, that animation was actually pretty annoying.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #315
quote:

I H A V E A H A R D T I M E R E A D I N G S T U F F L I K E T H I S S O P L E A S E D O N ' T D O I T A N Y M O R E ! ! ! !

For those that have a hard time reading that: I have a hard time reading stuff like this so please don't do it anymore!!!!

Capitals and exclaimations generally work fine. And past G4 the only reason baggage ornks would be useful is so you can carry more items, which, though useful, is quite unrealistic.

"Oh no, a wingbolt! I think I have some icy crystals from two chapters ago that are good against these, let me just rummage through the three packs of random items on my ornk."

Also what happens if the ornk gets killed?

--------------------
Ornk Meat and Guacamole --------- $6.00
Gazer Tentacle Stew -------------- $10.00
=:T:=
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #316
Yes -- there's really no need for the extra inventory space anymore, but now I just want to run with the idea.

Implementation rules seem obvious to me. If the Ornk is killed, the items it's carrying hit the ground and stay there (like when the player dies). You can gather them up once it's safe. Of course you presumably can't carry them yourself; since you had an Ornk in the first place, your hands are probably already full. So you're forced to leave stuff behind, unless you have the essence to make another Ornk.

And you suggest that rummaging through the Ornk's pack during battle would be unrealistic. Who said you could? It's an easy limitation to lay down as well.

It'd be fun to implement your pack Ornk in a quest, say to smuggle something. Perhaps you could fill its pack with gunpowder and send it at the enemy (a Trojan horse).

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #317
Explosive Trojan Horse: Explosive Roamers XD

Kinggolden: thanks for showing me that, never realized it.

I would like the ability to do telekinesis fighting, using telekinesis to command the way a sword would move, commanding up to 4 swords at a time!

Remember: Freelancer Rules!

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #318
quote:
Originally written by Xel'Raga:

Explosive Trojan Horse: Explosive Roamers XD
Well, you can't SHAPE Explosive Roamers yourself, can you? Make it happen!

..or did I just never find that canister?

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 12720
Profile #319
you can shape exploding roamers if you have 3 levels in roamer creation.

The only thing i would like in the new geneforge is more interaction with non playing characters as well as a base of operation for the player himself in which he could use shaping vats and some sort of creature anvil(make the drayk's breath damage two or more creatures, give mental attacks to vlish, etc).
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #320
one thing I like to be able to do is to shape a creation and then release it.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #321
Creature anvil. Heh, heh. I imagine there'd be some preliminary design flaw, such as the creature getting pissed off when you hit it with a hammer.

It'd totally be worth welding a pair of reaper batons to your Roamer's back, or giving a Fyora night-vision goggles.

IMAGE(http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/8484/anvilcu0.png)

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 12720
Profile #322
i used "anvil" because it's the closest thing in the game for what i have in mind...of course you wouldn't kick your fiora with a hammer(you'd o it with essence ;) )
Warrior
Member # 5161
Profile #323
quote:

Creature anvil. Heh, heh. I imagine there'd be some preliminary design flaw, such as the creature getting pissed off when you hit it with a hammer.

It'd totally be worth welding a pair of reaper batons to your Roamer's back, or giving a Fyora night-vision goggles.

LOL!

--------------------
Blah blah blah I can't hear you!
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #324
quote:
IMAGE(http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-aaa.gif)
IMAGE(http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-wtc.gif)
That describes my response to that .

--------------------

Pages