G5 wishlist.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: G5 wishlist.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #125
Adding romance would be a hit to the child factor, as parents are less likely to buy something like what you speak of. Which would be a major blow to the Honourable Spiderweb Software Company's funds.

My only wish is for continued quality in gameplay, hopefully increased plot quality, and the completion of the trilogy.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #126
quote:
and the completion of the trilogy.

Actually this is a trilogy and 2/3.
And Avernum in two trilogies!

Hmm, more canisters that increase stats would be nice. Or mean. Or inbetween. Hey that rhymed! Ok, bad spam.

--------------------
Don't judge a sentence until you know all the words.

Not in your shed -We are sort of done. Helpful criticism is welcome.
Everyone, just call me Iffy. Please.

Be grateful you have your unsellabe trowels -Goldenking

My scenario: Muffins n' Hell
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #127
quote:
Originally written by Iffy will bring you warm fuzziness.:

quote:
and the completion of the trilogy.

Actually this is a trilogy and 2/3.
And Avernum in two trilogies!

Hmm, more canisters that increase stats would be nice. Or mean. Or inbetween. Hey that rhymed! Ok, bad spam.

If you use the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, you will see that there is in fact five to a trilogy.

--------------------
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Warrior
Member # 8036
Profile #128
quote:
Originally written by Turtleking:

Adding romance would be a hit to the child factor, as parents are less likely to buy something like what you speak of. Which would be a major blow to the Honourable Spiderweb Software Company's funds.
Company funds? Rating? Personally I admired Jeff because of his method of story telling is so well done, not his ability to lead a company. I believe that Geneforge should be classed as literature in its owen right.

Thats what Jeff has taken me to believe.
Anyway, What Is Romance to you? What is the Crime in loving something? or is everyone think of the perverted sense of the word?

[ Tuesday, October 02, 2007 10:14: Message edited by: Colicedus ]

--------------------
Put your heart into all you do, even when it seems your are diving head first to your demise, for your heart knows the right path to a true victory!
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #129
Seriously, romance doesn't have to be bad. ;)

War is a difficult situation for love, though. But it would be kind of intriguing. Remember the little room in Khyryk's Tower in G3 where you find out something rather romantic about his previous life? I want to know more on that.

[ Tuesday, October 02, 2007 11:30: Message edited by: Taliesin ]

--------------------
Love is the movement.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #130
quote:
If you use the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, you will see that there is in fact five to a trilogy.

It must be wrong because it is a [i]tri[/i]logy.
But I guess that it doesn't matter.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 10908
Profile #131
I don't know what others have said, but I personally have many things I have wished for in my years as a player.
First, I really want some sort of multi player feature. I don't care all that much about it, but it would be fun if we could duel without loosing it all, trade, and talk.
Also, There should be training grounds where you can face monsters of a chosen difficulty. You should be able to get potentially limitless(or near that) exp. Also, alternative means of getting money(that don't run out)
I haven't played every game, so if any of these things is or was available, please excuse my ignorance.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #132
quote:
First, I really want some sort of multi player feature. I don't care all that much about it, but it would be fun if we could duel without loosing it all, trade, and talk.
If you are talking about an MMORPG, forget it.

The closest it will probably get to multiplayer is if you and your sister were playing it (on the same computer) and you controled the shaper and sister would do the creations. Or something like that.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #133
quote:
Originally written by Iffy tied in a battle with Nalyd.:
The closest it will probably get to multiplayer is if you and your sister were playing it (on the same computer) and you controled the shaper and sister would do the creations. Or something like that.[/QB]
How will that be fun?

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #134
Did he say "fun"? He just said it was "possible"
and I agree. The "best" we can hope for in MP is about that unless some SW fanatic suddenly decides to hand Jeff a million dollars.

--------------------
Death, chaos, destruction, my work here is just begining...
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #135
Do you think that Jeff would keep making games if he had a million dollars?

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #136
He probably would, if only as a hobby. That, and supporting his family (daughter).

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #137
Heck, if I was a millionaire game coder I would keep going. It's fun! Even though I'm a total beginner. :P

--------------------
Love is the movement.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #138
quote:
unless some SW fanatic suddenly decides to hand Jeff a million dollars.
If I was rich, I would give him a million dollars.
I would also go to his house to say hi.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #139
I don't know. Giving Jeff a million bucks is pretty low on my list of things to do if I get rich. Pay to get through college, start a business, invest in the US and Microsoft, buy a nice house somewhere... Eventually I would pay a fair amount, a hundred thousand dollars, to Jeff for all current games and all future games. Hmmm...

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 10977
Profile #140
quote:
I also think that A Shaper dose eventually want a home.
Why not the ability to make bases? You know, Essence pools, Thorn bushes, your alchemy supplies? Things that you want safe? or Maybe you got so much Wiry moss, and you want to make a batch of Healing slaves? maybe you can throw in some home security Shaper style? Or you have a powerful creation but you want to make a different one for the Puzzle up ahead, You can put him into storage.[/QB]
I've been contemplating making an account here for a while now, and this is an idea for the Geneforge series that I really feel needs to be developed further. I've played and loved all four of the previous Geneforge games (most to every possible ending) and have missed having your work actually recognized beyond just a gifted item here or there. Really, even though you could kill the people you're working for, you never actually have any real power. This kind of idea could be developed to suit both the solitude Shapers tend to enjoy and the raw power that comes with their status.

Envision this, if you will: at some point in the game the PC becomes a truly powerful individual, and they are able to create Serviles in a designated area the will build for them. This could be an abandoned fort that you clear out and then claim as your own, a forest that you decide on, or any other area in the game that isn't already inhabited.

You can then create Serviles as you would any other creation; however, these serviles cannot leave this area or do anything other than build. You can direct your Serviles to build a wall, tunnel, small bridge, shaping platform, or furniture, even. Each task would take the Serviles a certain amount of time to complete, and this amount of time would be the same if you sat around and watched or went off to do something and came back. As you grew stronger, were able to create more Serviles, etc. you would eventually create your own fortress, which parties you have angered can launch occasional assaults on. These assaults would damage the building and whatnot, leading you to need to reconstruct it. It is your home, more or less. Other ideas for what Serviles could construct would be alchemy vats, shaping vats, and a throne for you to sit on while you command your creations to repel attackers from afar. You could shape turrets, pylons, spinecores, and other stationary creations are permanent sentinels to fight while you're away, and have a Servile messenger who comes to tell you when you're fortress is under attack. It's not a center focus of the game, but it would add an extra and dinamic dimension to it that makes it much more interesting.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #141
That would definitely be fun, but I'm afraid that it wouln't happen. It would take far to much extra work on Jeff's side.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #142
Hahaha..it'll be fun if your Shaper's/Rebel's crib got some random stuff happening in it..like when you treat your serviles badly..they revolt..or some loose creation starts to take shelter in your house..but..it'll be A3-ish..

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Warrior
Member # 8036
Profile #143
I think you should Have to buy Enchanted Anvils, cauldrons and Furniture.

maybe you are required to shape the serviles, and get them to cut wood and get them to make the house. or alternatively you can stock up n Planks of wood you find just laying around.

Also, I think you should be able to write down recipes and sell them to locals. Your home simply serves as an alchemy factory and such is what I had the ida of...

Another thing, one thing I found odd about Shapers is that they don't seem to require Food or Drink... They can eat it but they don't need it... We need a rations system like in Exile!

--------------------
Put your heart into all you do, even when it seems your are diving head first to your demise, for your heart knows the right path to a true victory!
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #144
No, please. The rations system was one of my least favorite features from Exile. Besides, would this affect the creations too? I'd imagine eight party members would hork down a lot of food. Not to mention that Lifecrafters can use their pools to heal themselves.

--------------------
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #145
They do eat, and sleep.
They just don't mention it.
Why would they?

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #146
It would be cool if you could ride the cratures not only walk.Imagine you create dracon and then sit on his back and get speed increase(or even fly).It would save a lot of time and look cool to.

--------------------
Whats the point of signature?
Apprentice
Member # 10977
Profile #147
I'm no computer programmer, so, please, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like a fairly easy idea to program if you keep the functions simple. All you would really need is the ability to generate NPC Serviles that will roam a specified area, similar to the NPC's that already exist. You can talk to them, and when you tell them to complete x task it will take z time to complete based on the number y of Serviles that are working on it. After that time is up, the item shows up on the map in the place you designated. It's not a whole lot different than how the school in G3 gets cleaned up as you progress through the game, except the prompts for the change to occur are caused by a talk node with a Servile instead of a plot element.

EDIT: And being able to ride Drakons would be sweet, but I don't see a Drakon consenting to that, whether you control them or not. Maybe being able to shape some sort of horse-like creation to act as a ride and/or a pack animal?

[ Sunday, October 07, 2007 09:51: Message edited by: Paladin95 ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #148
I only put dracons as example.I thought about riding all creations(that could support your weight)you shape like kyshakks, drayks or even clawbugs.Or you could be carried by thads or battle alphas.Depending of your riding skill.

--------------------
Whats the point of signature?
BANNED
Member # 10021
Profile #149
I wanna ride a Artilla.

--------------------
When I close my eyes at night I see David Bowie.

PLAY AVERNUM 1!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages