G5 wishlist.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: G5 wishlist.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #250
quote:
Originally written by Txgangsta:

Who cares about the graphics if the game itself is better?
Go look at some other game boards and you'll find that they want graphics.
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #251
I second randomizer's point. Most people just drool over graphics, which may be partially why spiderweb isn't excessively mainstream.

I'm amazed at how this topic got revived.

--------------------
Ornk Meat and Guacamole --------- $6.00
Gazer Tentacle Stew -------------- $10.00
=:T:=
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #252
quote:
Originally written by The Ratt:

I'm amazed at how this topic got revived.
Why? Not used to necromancy?
IMAGE(http://www.battle.net/images/battle/diablo2exp/images/classes/necromancerfull.jpg)

--------------------
Love is the movement.
Apprentice
Member # 12720
Profile #253
quote:
I second randomizer's point. Most people just drool over graphics, which may be partially why spiderweb isn't excessively mainstream.
most people i know aren't craving for graphics but for good gameplay and story. The second one is perfect in the geneforge and avernum series, but gameplay is limping.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #254
SW people go for the meat..not the juicy appearance..

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Apprentice
Member # 12668
Profile #255
Graphics are only a perk to a game. Period.

--------------------
Don't mess with Texas.
Apprentice
Member # 10192
Profile #256
Right until you see a screenshot you dont like.

Graphics are necessary. Any claim to the contrary is just someone trying to think a little too highly of himself.
Apprentice
Member # 12941
Profile #257
This would seem a stupid suggestion but eh.

I would like a new creation called a Charhaga.
It could be a medium size spiked lizard.
It could have an extremely powerfull magic attack.
But its melee attack is weak.
Its spines could offer as protection and could poison opponents
if they meleed it.

PS: I would also like to create worms and crawlers.
:)
PPS:Sadly, most people only play games with good graphics.
e.g. my friend had a PS2 and when he saw Guildwars he threw his game console in the trash. LITERALLY!

[ Tuesday, January 01, 2008 16:51: Message edited by: vlishous ]

--------------------
Feel the power!
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #258
Replace the War Tralls with a new battle creation: the Thorn Beast. A beast with a large regenerating thorn baton shaped onto it. It'd do more damage than the trall, and would have greater AP, netting it 2 attacks per turn normally (and three when hasted).

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #259
Replace the Drakon with Charizard, truly the ultimate master of fire and all that is toasty.

IMAGE(http://www.scs.uiuc.edu/suslick/pokemon/charizard.jpg)

See, look how powerful it is! I single-handedly defeated the Elite Four and knocked my rival on his ass with this thing!

[ Tuesday, January 01, 2008 19:17: Message edited by: Enraged Slith ]

--------------------
Enraged Slith's Blades of Avernum Website

Kill Them Dead - Rate it now at CSR!
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #260
Dude... digimon all the way...

IMAGE(http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/b/b4/WarGreymonX.gif)

But still I like how you owned the Elite Four with a card. I guess you can throw it pretty hard.

I also would like to see the Trall replaced, only with a true battle creation that follows the trends and attacks with melee. Only you'd actually want to use him.

[ Tuesday, January 01, 2008 19:45: Message edited by: The Ratt ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #261
quote:
Originally written by The Ratt:

I also would like to see the Trall replaced,
Nah...Just change its attack to mele one and improve it slightly(actually a lot)and you get a nice fifth tier battle creation. :D

--------------------
Whats the point of signature?
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #262
War Tralls throw rocks. We got Geneforges, we got Gazers with spooky death stares, we got Glaahks, we got Drakons. And the top tier battle creation chucks rocks.

They've gotta be seriously overhauled for G5. They need to be better, but even more, they need to be cooler. I see two options, both staying within the established Battle Creation style.

1) Show that the Clawbug is not just a freak intrusion from the Magic line, by replacing the Trall with some kind of super killer spider thing. Yes.

2) Keep the Trall, but let it wear armor and use weapons, both melee and thrown. This would be cool, and might make the Trall truly fearsome; but it has serious complications. It seems pretty clear from the previous 4 games that you can't make a full suit of made-to-measure steel plate armor by 'crackle-POOF!' out of thin air and personal essence. So any Tralls made by the PC would be naked at first. This means that either the engine would have to be substantially upgraded to allow creations to equip stuff; or the Trall would have to be an NPC-only creation; or there would have to be scripted opportunities to upgrade your Tralls with gear, sort of like the upgrades to Alwan and Greta in G3.

My vote would be to go with the spider-thing as the new top battle creation for PCs, but put armored axe-wielding War Tralls in the game as Shaper NPC creations.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #263
Actually the thing I would want to replace the war trall would be something I call an assault alpha.

It is a biped, maybe seven to eight feet tall, has brownish patterned fur all over its body except its chest abdominal area, palms of hands, and soles of feet, which are covered in extremely tough hide. Its limbs look lanky, but are extremely muscled, it's hands are humanish, but with large sharp claws, like a velociraptor's, and it's feet are like a mix between human and wolf and have claws like the hands. It's head has a human cranium, with a mix between a goat and wolf muzzle, that has vicious fangs. instead of a nose and mouth. The ears are horse-like on top of the head. It can roar loudly, move very quickly, and rip apart plate armor with its claws and teeth. It has keen hearing, smell, and sight, but is intelligent and obedient, kinda like a dog. It can't speak human tongues.

What do you think? How would you like to fight those instead of War Tralls? Or make them instead of war tralls? Drakons and gazers would be toast.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #264
Eh... appearance aside, it's still a pretty generic battle creation, just one with bonus AP and stronger attacks. Even the name is generic.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #265
Well at least you would consider using it, compared to war tralls which most people just leave out. Also the idea of the two hits in one round is quite attactive, especially with enough quick action. Also don't you think the war trall is quite generic too? Large strong humaniods that look like trolls? Even then name is similar.

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #266
Yeah, thinking again, maybe even axe-wielding armored War Tralls are kind of a wrong step for the Geneforge world. Compare them to Rotghroths and Rotdhizons, by answering quickly: if you have to face a creepy tall acid-dripping ghoul, what other thing do you most not want it to be? Really fast, right? So Rotghroths have a Yikes! factor that really lets you know you're not in Kansas anymore. They always scare the bejeebers out of me.

They were still kind of outclassed by Gazers, so maybe they're better off in the fourth tier with Wingbolts and Kyshakks. But maybe it's just wrong to try to fill their shoes with plain big goons that chuck rocks. If there's something past Rotghroth, it should be seriously disturbing. So again I vote for the spiders from hell.

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #267
I vote for an overhaul of the War Trall's stats, because based on past experience, that's the only thing that's likely to happen. We know the creation models take a long time to make, and the model itself is fine -- not awe-some or awe-full, but fine -- so let's keep using it.

In order to differentiate it from the other two shaping categories, it really needs to be melee oriented. None of this missile throwing business! Take away its ranged attack, but make its melee attack gigantesque. Don't give it quick action or extra AP or funky special abilities. Just give it an attack so strong that it does more damage than a Gazer or Drakon of comparable level. It ought to, given the disadvantages melee (and the entire battle creation set) have even against equally powered missile attacks.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #268
I think Slarty has it right, although the revised War Trall would however then be just a "Battle Delta" and not a new creation type at all. But I suppose, the same could be said about fyora vs drayk.

--------------------
Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #269
quote:
Originally written by Micawber:

Espresso — haemoglobin 2.0
FYS

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 12639
Profile #270
How bout replacing war tralls with golems? At least, beefed up golems (not the wimpy ones with only 200 HP). You could give it ranged protection due to its !ROCK! hide, and the same goes for its attack: who wants a fist of living, moving rock to fall on their heads (or chest, or whatever) Give it huge HP,(500-800 range) and youll actually have a battle creation thats worth something! (Although thahads are really useful in the early game...)

--------------------
Why only have World War 3 when you can have SO MUCH MORE!! MUAHAHAHAHA!It's so easy when your EVIL!
Apprentice
Member # 12753
Profile #271
Actually, war trall already seems to be sort of golem-like.
The issue with golems is that AIUI they're not exactly just shaped creations.

With the disturbing Rotgroth, keep in mind it seems to be one of creations of possibly rebel design. Barzites or Takers, most likely. As the banned Gazer, weird and disturbing. Shapers are much more restrained in their creations, so replaced for themselves the Gazer with simpler Wingbolt, the Drayks with dumb Kyshakks, and of course Rothgroth wasn't followed as well.
Shaper creations are designed to last and coexist with humans, which acidic ghouls certainly can't. And the new three creatures are the Shapers' response.

Maybe in a sixth tier, if it's added, some worse horror could be in place, but really the problem is that new creatures can't be stronger than Drakons.
Apprentice
Member # 12720
Profile #272
actually, it would be great if creations would be stronger than drakons....they're already old creations...maybe some rebellious shapers and drakons would join forces to create some uber tachyon throwing lizard(humanoid, spider, alien, etc.)

Seriously now, the only thing that would make the war tralls better is increased damage...as for the esthetic's of creatures, well shapers never were very imaginative when it came for battle creations, they wanted them stupid, obedient, massive, intimidating(by size and not smell). And in all four games they were treated mostly as meat shields by the player, while magic(for me) and fire creatures did the finishing job.

EDIT: Apart from improving creations i would like different genders for each character type(isn't it strange that we meet both female and male shapers, but we never meet male infiltrators or female guardians?)

[ Friday, January 11, 2008 11:30: Message edited by: Mythrael ]
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #273
That's a good point, that the banal Tralls are perfectly in character as Shaper battle creations. The really creepy Rotghroths and Gazers are rebel and Barzite. But the Shapers also did Clawbugs, Vlish, and Glaahks. And they're getting a little edgier these days. So although I buy that the Shapers have made War Tralls, I think they could also do a nightmare spider thing. And while Tralls may be acceptable for the Shapers, for the game experience I think they're inadequately cool.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #274
Originally by Mythrael:

quote:
EDIT: Apart from improving creations i would like different genders for each character type(isn't it strange that we meet both female and male shapers, but we never meet male infiltrators or female guardians?)
There has been at least one female Guardian. In G2, there is Nora in the Drypeak Warrens. Of course, she is a pretty obscure character.

Dikiyoba doesn't mind the lack of them too much, but Dikiyoba likes the idea. Dikiyoba would also like PC sprites that are unique. The lifecrafter and one of the mages share graphics, for instance. It's not critical but would be a nice touch.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded

Pages