The Sands of Time

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Sands of Time
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #75
Okay, since Chicken Little is unwilling to RP as a character who is not capable of killing everything that lives and much that doesn't with a wave of a hand, I'm not going to pay any attention to him.

Scrioth awoke in a dim, dark section of cave, being prodded by green-skinned beings. He shrieked and drew his sword.

Scrioth: What ARE you?

Slithzerikai: *incomprehensible hissing*

Scrioth: Err.... err...

*A mage steps out of the Sliths. He gestures, and the sliths fall silent.*

Slith Archmage: *beats his chest* Sss-Thoss.

*Scrioth does the same.* Scrioth.

Sss-Thoss: I am a mage.

Scrioth: How do you speak my tongue?

Sss-Thoss: Magic translation.

Scrioth: Ah. I am a mage also. But I am a mage of fire.

Sss-Thoss: I communicate with alien beings. Demons. Limber ones. Have not seen your kind before. What are you?

Scrioth: Human. Of the Empire.

Sss-Thoss: We are Slithzerikai, of my banner. There are many banners of Slithzerikai; few follow me. Many were exiled from our home; few wish to follow me.

Scrioth: I wish to return to my camp and kill who separated me. It calls itself --

Sss-Thoss: Claymore. If you help me unite the Slithzerikai, Claymore will pay in blood.

Scrioth: Excellent. I shall help you.

Sss-Thoss: Good. The band in the next bend over is one of priests. They are cowards. A mage of fire can scare them into submission without a real fight.

Scrioth: Very well...

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #76
OOC: All in favor of saving this RP from being consigned to perdition? Good. Lets start by ignoring FB until he stops acting like a [edited for people like Linda] and bringing in massive NPC armies to control the alleged plot.

Basically, lets try for some actual roleplaying. Lets also try not to make everything too overpowered. I would prefer not to have to make an assload of my futuristic weapons fall through holes in the fabric of space-time just to keep up with the rest of the RP.

IC: After fashioning a crude sling from materials in his pocket, Sodium Cyanide heads off to gather dried-up giant mushrooms for fuel and hunt giant lizards for food.

EDIT: OOC: Lone Flame, Ryan was a great character. Why don't you just say he suddenly falls through another time-warp? It happens in sci-fi stories all the time (well, not qutie, but I'm sure you get the idea).

[ Sunday, May 18, 2003 20:44: Message edited by: Contains Hydrogenated Coconut Oil ]

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #77
I'm pretty sure you're referring to Zephyr when you refer to FB, but for clarification, who is FB? I don't see anyone with those initials... :

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #78
Zephyr's original name was Flaming Blade.

And FB, a general rule of RPs (this goes for TM too) - don't summon dragons or super-powerful beings. At all. It becomes no fun.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #79
Sir David watched as Motrax interrogated the alien. So far he had gathered that Motrax was extremely multilingual, that the alien was of a race called the Vanahtai, and that this particular one was very adament in not saying anything useful.
"42," it said.
"You don't live in 42," Motrax replied.
"Where do you live?" it replied.
"42. What's your name?"
"Afdghlkjfhdsg," it replied.
Sir David sighed, watching this exchange. Realizing that a gryphon-sized dragon was not very intimidating, Sir David went over to help.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #80
Drakey- Blackhorn isn't a superpowerful being, but you won't defeat him the first time you meet him. It's the nature of the Beast.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #81
I won't, although I still might bring them in for a scource of information, but not fighting.

And I still have no idea for a plot at the moment.

I promise I won't bring in Blang, Silvermin armies, or Silverback to help me fight.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #82
IC:

Claymore walks over to Esper and Motrax.

Motrax: What is it, Claymore?
Claymore: Esper, can you track down temporal rifts?
Esper: I guess... ...why?
Claymore: Here, I want to show you something. The walk will take a while, though.
Esper: Very well.
Motrax: I will go along too.

Esper, Motrax and Claymore begin walking a long ways through Exile. No more than ten miles in any one direction, though, until they hit a cave.

Claymore: It's in here.

They enter the cave, and are barely able to see. Small wisps of purple light dance around the cave without any rhyme or reason, and Motrax can barely fit through the crevace as a younger dragon, much less a full-grown one.

Claymore: We're almost there.
Esper: What are these purple lights?
Motrax: Let's just follow Claymore for now. There's probably a reason he brought us.
Claymore: Actually, I only wanted to bring along Esper, because I didn't know if you'd fit or not.
Motrax: Well, it is a squeeze, but--
Claymore: There.

Claymore turns a sharp corner, followed by Esper and Motrax, the latter of which only barely makes the turn without peeling his scales off. What is inside is a larger cavern with a thin, translucent beam of purple energy in the center, with purple streaks of lightning gliding down its sides.

Claymore: This is where I arrived.
Motrax: What a light show! I've never seen anything like it.
Esper: This... Is incredible.
Claymore: Esper, I was wondering if you could figure out if there are any more of these. Maybe I could find my other swords or my notes!
Esper: Very well. Wait a second.

Esper begins glowing brightly. After two or three minutes, Esper stops glowing as brightly.

Esper: Your goal lies to the south, in the Honeycomb. I will scry for better details once we are in the area.
Claymore: Thank you. Let's head back to the group, our next destination is to the south.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #83
It awakens.
Temporal magics have disturbed the rest of the being entombed in the stone beneath the lake of magma. It doesn't know the specifics, only that something has invaded the bailiwick(sp?) of Time.
Freedom!
The entity thrashes its body against walls of its tomb. It clutches the object of power which has sustained its life, and draws energy through it. Claws that are nearly two feet long lash out, tearing through stone as if it were the flesh of the innocent. With a hiss, lava drips down and strikes the beasts back. Roaring from all three heads in pain and outrage, the creature draws strength once again through the artifact. Turning the object up at the ceiling of the tomb, it draws in the energy, and freezes the magma into stone. With the rush of power flowing into it, the beast rips into the ceiling with all eight of its limbs, and begins to tunnel through the stone up into the open air of the caverns. Free of the confinement of the enchanted tomb, it steps outside of time, and crosses the lake of lava unharmed. The creature shifts back into the flow of Time again. Drained from the magic in a way that the Jewel of Entropy cannot help it restore, the beast begins to hunt the thoughts of those who have stepped outside of Time.

OOC: Too many super powerful characters means you must have a super-being enemy who is capable of ripping several of them to shreds at once. Otherwise, you have no reason to hurry. Have fun as a Time Elemental, bearing an artifact made by the god of death, and given the form of the most powerful being ever conceived in the most demented dreams of an elder god, hunts for the party. I figure that if TM can have an atomic weapon, then I can make a monster that has a better than even chance of survival against his character.

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #84
Weaker characters and weaker opponents make things more interesting, normally.

But since I'm watching this RP just to see how ludicrous things get, I'm all for things continuing to go the way they currently are :P

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #85
I don't have an atomic bomb. It's an atomic sword that kills the user instantly (or at least drains far more life force than any of the characters have) when it's activated.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 2956
Profile #86
only!?

Sorry i just had to speak out, you all have god cherecters fighting creations that defy most laws of time and physics, but then again this isn't a fantacy RP for nothing...

If i can think of a more powerful, undistractuble, super god like cherecter, i just might join. any other way i'll be killed in secounds.

edit: I was planing on being a worrior that can create large amounts of cheese out of thin air, and has a sword that can cut through anything (you know the usual...)!

[ Monday, May 19, 2003 13:05: Message edited by: FireDrakeofIce and Necromancy ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #87
enter the unanimated golem (UG). I have the amazing ability to drop into a fight out of nowhere and have no bearing on the outcome. usually :P

IC: Some people take rp's WAY too seriously.
UG falls several meters away from a fight in an alley, shattering a crate of vegetables and sending the contents flying speedily towards the perpetraitors (sic) who flee in confusion. UG just sits there...

edit: FDoIaN did you edit that to put gramatical errors IN?!?!?!?

[ Monday, May 19, 2003 13:16: Message edited by: Nomencambiatator ]

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #13 Stand clear the closing door.

That's treason.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP productions co, inc)
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #88
OOC: Ryan wasn't a godlike character. Hell, Mars isn't even a godlike character. The origonal LF was, but he lost most of that power and eventually died and went to a semi-better place. Anyway, I found a good use for Ryan in the NSI, since the Time Portals don't always bring people in from the exact time, which makes things make sense, somewhat. Also if the godlike characters don't stop coming, I'm going to bring in one of my dust covered power characters and pull a ToM and do the powerful weapons falling from the sky, since LF was the only one to have a jacket with never ending pocket space.

IC:
Mars: Well, I'd better practice with my daggers and magic if I am to be of any use to anyone. After all if it weren't for the portal, I would have died.

*Mars runs off to practice with his daggers.

[ Monday, May 19, 2003 13:30: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Warrior
Member # 2956
Profile #89
OOC: (because I do not have one yet) ok, no gods, then here comes the cheese man:

Out of nowhere enters a strange skinny (so skinny, you can see most of his bones) man just under 6 ft tall and wearing an ancient robe of many pieces, all colored in different colors. With him is a sword that seems too heavy for this pathetic creature to lift, but is being swung by this, near skeleton of a man, with too much ease. On the sword are curved many runes of power as well as a title: The Cheese Man. He seems to have an aura around him of green taint, but under closer inspection, it is obvious that it is not an aura but the thickly nauseating smell of great cheese. As he walks all the ground where he stepped turns into a yellow solid that is slowly becoming real {probably Swiss} cheese.

IC: “Greetings I am BOB, The Cheese Master. With me is a sword that will cut through any thing in this reality (it can’t cut through space and/or time, etc.), and the all powerful ability to summon cheese out of thin air in any mass, shape, or form. Also all those who walk with me will never go hungery as long as I’m still BOB, The Cheese Master.”

edit: his “aura”, smell also acts as a shield against all melee attackers that have noses, and are alive, (undead or golems and such do not have useable noses)… (Only affects enemies, usually)

[ Monday, May 19, 2003 14:41: Message edited by: FireDrakeofIce and Necromancy ]

--------------------
click: Necromanser
Title: Necromancer
^ is for Roh Zee Kat
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #90
Rojhiniok isn't god-like, and I'm not summoning god-like characters unless just to talk, BUT NOT FIGHT!!!!!! Could I be allowed back in this rp now?

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #91
OOC: No, FB, you can't return til you come up with a character as normal as LF was just before death(insanity is an optional)

IC:
(No In Character)
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #92
Rojhiniok's stats:

10% physical resistence
100% missle weapon resistence
no magic resistence
Polished plate mail(after being worn by many Silvermins, it becomes polished.)
Steel Broadsword
boots+gloves
cloak(hooded)
helmet of Silverback
can morph shape to fit needs
War rage(when in a large battle, he can't help but fight, which makes him much easier to hit.)

Doesn't sound much stronger than your character, LF.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #93
OOC:
i hate it when people assume my characters for godlike, when they are not even close.

As i said before, Shadow Wolf is like Wise Man in NSI, with the exception of slightly greater speed and that he wields a slender Chinese-style longsword (more about it as the RP moves along).

yes, SW is much closer to a ninja/assassin than a powerful knight. he is also quite intelligent and perpetually calm, and would never charge straight into a battle.

FB - the fact that your character can't be hurt by a missile of ANY KIND is a sign that he is overpowered. this means anything from razor-sharp shurikens and arrows to magical spells can't do anything to him!

[ Monday, May 19, 2003 16:59: Message edited by: Metaphysical Wise Man ]

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #94
I wouldn't interpret complete missile immunity to be entirely heinous. The only spells he might avoid would be Flame Arrows, Poison Arrows, and Death Arrows.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #95
OOC: Hmmm, I'll just have to test the missle thing. Let's see here made of metal...

IC:
*To test his new crystal throwing daggers, Mars throws a bottle of acid in the air and throws a dagger at it, thus shattering it, unfortunately it shatters above Rojhiniok. After burning Rojhiniok with acid, Mars cleanses it and tries to appoligize for his mistake, however Rojhiniok gets stuck in one of those oddball rages and tries to kill Mars.

Mars: Okay, I can't stand this crap anymore. Now I think I'll take a lesson from a former comrad in arms, Cyan.

*Mars encases Rojhiniok in a very cold block of ice.

Mars: All hail the new master of the DeepFreeze spell.
SW: How bout, no.

OOC:
LF wasn't immune to any attacks unless he cast Avatar first. As we all know Avatar was a spell in the Exile games, and thus isn't just something I made up to make myself stronger.

Also, if it doesn't have a hood, it's not a cloak. Without a hood it would be a cape.

Btw, Being able to transform into various objects is something that is unrealistic and too cheap for us to have to deal with. Make a new character. And drop the percentage BS.

[ Monday, May 19, 2003 17:37: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #96
OOC: if FB's character is illegitimate, then i shall finish him off.

IC:

Shadow Wolf sighed. "He hasn't outlived his usefulness yet, you dolt."

Shadow Wolf thrust his sword at the frozen Rojinok, and a shockwave in the air shattered the ice. Problem was, Rojinok was frozen enough to be shattered as well.

The blademaster shrugged. "Ah, oh well..."

OOC: Shadow Wolf has many powers, but most of them require the sword he wields to work. On any other weapon, it will shatter from his energy, and there will be no effect. That is his weakness - his abilities aren't of much use without his blade.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #97
OOC: Actually, I was going to have the beastie wipe out every silvermin, except for FB, and then it would proceed to kill Silverback, just to make sure there weren't any more armies summoned. It would have lost most of its body after killing Silverback though, and would just spent the rest of the time sucking energy from any source of magic around it. Since FB's silvermin character has been destroyed, the point is moot. While I do applaud FB for his dogged determination to take part in an RP, I have two things to say. First, you should have paid more attention to the advice I gave you in PM. Second, from now on, stick to the following races: human (either fighter or magic user, not both), Slith (same limitations as human), or Nephil (see slith for limitations).

IC With a flash of light, and a cuncussion of power, the Time Beast implodes violently, leaving only a humanoid shape in the center of a circle of shattered stone. Standing up and covering his face with his hands, Nicodemus groans. He has a splitting headache as the result of a really bad wild surge in the spell he had been attempting to cast. He remembers feeling like he was ripped apart, and then suddenly finding himself in a dark, cold room. He tries to think of a simple light spell, but it eludes him, his mind incapable of holding the spell-shape until it recovers from what ammounts to magical whiplash.

EDIT: Typos must die!

[ Monday, May 19, 2003 21:03: Message edited by: Ragnarok Hellcaller ]

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #98
IC: While out lizard hunting, Sodium Cyanide accidentally walks through another portal. It transports him to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe, thus removing him from this sucky RP before it has rightfully begun and providing a night's entertainment at the same time.

Goodbye everyone. I may return at a later time if things get a little less lame.

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #99
quote:
The man groaned, and stood up. "At least the Great Demon is defeated..."
Oookay, we all whack Great Demons for a living, oh yes.

And concerning ZTTM, even if arrows can't hurt him, why do you think they call those flaming little arrows FLAMING arrows? Fire does hurt him, poison, well, maybe not, but death arrow acts like a freaking antimatter torpedo, and would whack him dead. Not to mention that fact that YOU ARE NOT LIMITED TO EXILE SPELL LISTS! Make up some of your own god damnit!

And it is too painful to even go on, maybe another time.

--------------------
KhothMk2: (I have agreed not to molest Arctic, so I can just cuddle him and that sort of thing)
Storykeepperi: And what about me?
KhothMk2: Would you like to be molested?

Pages