The Sands of Time

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Sands of Time
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #275
Firedrake: It's not safe here. We should keep moving.

And the group moves on from the cave they are in.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #276
Oh man! I just got a great idea for a mutant character, now I won't be able to use him. Oh well, you guys might consider him to be too powerful.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #277
OOC: Actually, I was thinking that your character would eventually return to his original size, but only after a long period of time. Whoever said that the orb was the reason why you were shrunk? Take your time restoring your character's height, or the condition might become more permanent. I don't trust you enough yet to take the chance of letting you actually take part in any sort of combat.

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #278
Uhh, wth. It seems to me that BOB is being just as godlike or even more godlike than FB would like to be. Anyway... I'm hoping to join the rest of you after finding either an ally/allies or some information that would help. Just letting you know.

IC: The crystal responded weakly: "I cannot tell you my name. I am imprisoned here, as you have probably figured out by now if you have made it this far."
Sir David stared at it. He had been broght up thinking of these crystals as almost the source of all evil, since they were often commanders in the many Empire - Vanahtai Wars... yet he felt something akin to pity for this one.
"What will it take to get you out?" he asked.
"You cannot release me, you are nowhere near powerful enough," it replied. "But I know of some who can... and they may help you. I assume you were directed here by a warrior not of your own race?"
Sir David got up silently. "I am being watched," he said. "Yes, I was directed. Why? I may have only seconds."
"Rejoin the other adventurers down here, and then rub this and wait." A small bauble dropped to the floor out of nothingness. Sir David stared at the bauble, then the crystal, in disbelief.
"How did you know -" he began. At that second, and high-pitched screech ripped through the air and a tall lithe figure sailed through the air towards him and the crystal...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Apprentice
Member # 3015
Profile #279
BOB is not god like, he is very weak physicaly and has only one ability, turn things or make things from cheese. He also has a magic sword that he does not know how to use, no sword training. Also he was once an avatar and gave it up. He does not like power, but doesn't like death even more. If he could he would go back to his own time in and spend the rest of his time with his family. One more thing, he hates eating cheese, hates it with a passion. Becouse of his dislike of cheese he uses his power only when nesecery. Also he can not age while in this time, so he has lived for a while and has great knolege in some fields, like alchamy and how to make good wine.

The party enters a great big room in the cave. The walls are full of runes and writen incantations.

--------------------
there is no spoon.-The MATRIX has you...
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #280
Shadow Wolf studied the runes. "Hmm... These are like magical autocannons, except more painful. If you're not careful you'll get roasted by homing bolts of magical energy."

"Then how will we get across?" Firedrake asked.

"These runes take a while to recharge after being triggered, luckily for us," Gynia answered. "I'll just run a water elemental through, but we'll have to follow it closely."

Gynia summoned a water elemental large enough to trigger all the runes. As it triggered all the runes, the party followed close behind. By the time they made it through, the water elemental had dissipated from the barrages of energy bolts.

After they left the cave and neared the exit of the lair, Shadow Wolf heard distant whisperings. "Ambush up ahead," he said. "It's definitely the Vahnatai. Gynia, you know what to do."

The sorceress summoned another water elemental and ordered it to move towards the exit...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Apprentice
Member # 3015
Profile #281
...Yet for some reason the water elemental does not move but stands there. Gynia orders the creature to move but the elemental is unresponding...

[ Sunday, June 08, 2003 17:21: Message edited by: Amon-Ra ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #282
The once liquid elemental becomes a solid block of ice. Then a razordisk bounces off a nearby stalagmite into the creature. The block of ice shatters from the blow. Unfortunately for the vahnatai, Shadow Wolf was able to determine the source of the projectile. He jumped through the air and stabbed downward at the lone warrior. His blow was swift and killed the vahnatai instantly. However, now they had him exactly where they wanted him.
Instantly Seven other warriors proceed to come out of their separate places. Each with a razordisk in hand waiting to send it straight into separate targets of the party. The blademaster had his waveblade to Shadow Wolf's neck. Then Vaitar-ka came out from hiding. He spoke in his quiet vahnatai voice. "It seems that our plan has worked blademaster. Rentar would be proud."

"Prepare the restraints quickly. From what I have heard this one is quite the skilled fighter. I don't want to risk him getting loose."
The blademaster then begins removing Shadow Wolf's possessions. Among them he finds a boomerang, something completely unfamiliar to a vahnatai. "What is this device?"

Shadow Wolf answered the question calmly, "It is rather simple, you throw it and it comes back. I could give you a demonstration if you like."

"That is quite unnecessary, I'm sure I can handle it myself." The blademaster throws the device into the cave. After a few moments it comes flying back out of the entrance; however, something is following it.

"You idiot," Vaitar shouts, "You have set off the runes!" Several bolts of energy fly toward the unsuspecting group.

[ Sunday, June 08, 2003 18:56: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #283
OOC: :P

IC:
Seeing a golden oppurtunity for escape, Shadow Wolf sent the Vahnatai blademaster to the ground with a karate chop to the neck, then gathered his equipment and retreated to the party, parrying razordisks and energy bolts at the same time. "Fools," Shadow Wolf laughed...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #284
How could you think a 20 year old man was only 4inches tall?! Ugh....

IC:
Outcast:I miss my orb. This cheese-prison is starting to smell rancid. *Grows 2 inches taller.*

[ Monday, June 09, 2003 07:52: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Windwarrior ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #285
Firedrake221 casts a weak Firebolt at the vahnatai bladesmen, causing them to scatter, he then charges foward, ready for a fight...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #286
Sir David removes Zephyr from the cheese prison and puts him back in the orb, and he shrinks again :rolleyes:

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #287
*Shrinks 6 inches.*
Outcast: Well, I'm only 4 inches tall, but it's better than being trapped in a rotting cheese-prison. *Zooms and catches up with the group, watching for a chance to try to steal treasure.

OOC: Man! I wish that I could use the mutant I thought up of...
Go ahead and ask about him if you want to.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #288
Shadow Wolf cloaked himself, then snuck up behind a blademan and killed him. Gynia then fired off an Ice Bolt that narrowly missed another. Five of the Vahnatai surrounded SW and eventually cornered him. All five struck at once...

To find all their waveblades somehow stuck inside SW's right arm (OOC: SW is left-handed). Thank goodness I wore my enameled bracers today, he said to himself. The Vahnatai looked at each other, puzzled, before being roasted by Motrax's dragon fire.

Shadow Wolf thanked the dragon, before noticing the blades were still stuck to his bracer...

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #289
Outcast: Hey! One of those vahnatai had coins! *Rushes over to one of the bodies.* They're still intact.*Attempts to take them.* Shoot, I can't steal treasure in this orb...

*A part of the cave wall rumbles, then collapses.*
Outcast: Whoa....
*Everyone is astonished at the new archway that was perfectly formed into the cave wall.*
Outcast:...It's as is something wants us to go this way.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Apprentice
Member # 3015
Profile #290
BOB:"wow, I think we should go on through the archway and follow the yellow brick road that have apeared on the ground."

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #291
OOC: Uh, before I waste my time reading through twelve pages of this RP, I'd like to know something.
Is it too late for me to join in? I hope not.

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #292
OOC: Naw, it's not to late to join.

Outcast: What are we waiting for? Let's go! There might be treasure!

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #293
"First things first," Shadow Wolf answered. "Half the Vahnatai are still alive, and I still have five waveblades stuck to my arm."

"You coulda asked," Gynia laughed, as she blasted the waveblades off with a water spell.

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #294
Outcast: What's that? *Slams orb on the ground.*
I found a gold coin! IT'S MINE, ALL MINE!!!!!*Refuses to move.*

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #295
Flicking his fingers, Nicodemus sends Outcast's orb bouncing and rolling into a wall. Nicos picks up the coin and rubs some dust off of it. Nodding to himself, he flips the coin up into the air. While the coin is still spinning, Nicos releases a spell and the coin suddenly stops in mid-air. The coin stretches and thins, until it becomes a large gold-colored mirror. Nicos' eyes burn ellow as he stares into the mirror, which is definately not showing his reflection.

Nicos reaches into his belt pouch and takes ahold of something. With a few firm tugs, nearly two feet of gnarled oak is in Nicos' hands. He keeps pulling until he has a six foot long staff. He gestures with the staff, and the mirror clouds and then clears again.

After scrying the area for several minutes, Nicos points to the new archway and announces, "Stay away from that path over there. It leads to an ambush." He gestures toward the caves that they had been following, "That way is an ambush as well, but much less dangerous." With a hissing noise, the golden mirror disintegrates as Nicos' eyes return to their usual grey.

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #296
Outcast: Awwwww....what'd you do that for?

*The ground shakes, then rumbles, then a crack appears and extends in the direction the group is going.*
Outcast: Do you think the ambushers did that?

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #297
"A small crack in the ground won't stop us, kid," Shadow Wolf replied. "Let's move, quickly."

The party followed the lead of SW and Nicodemus through the path. They stopped close to the exit, knowing an ambush is just outside. SW readied a handful of shurikens...

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #298
*Outcast sits on the ground, hoping to hide from the ambushers.*
Outcast: Did you feel that?
SW:Feel what?
Outcast: Guess it was nothing.
*The ground underneath the group suddenly shakes like crazy, and everyone falls into a pit, and the opening closes.*
Outcast: WHOA! *Orb starts glowing.*
Nico: That could attract something, Outcast.
*Several glowing eyes stare at the group.*
Outcast: I think this is the ambush....WAIT! There's an opening over there!*Points at a group of 8 eyes.* We'd have to defeat these ambushers first.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #299
Ummm well I guess that wasn't too bad...

IC: Sir David quickly put up his blade and dodged the warrior. Then he stared, amazed, as the warrior hit his shoulder, rolled, and stood up all within the time it took him to blink. The warrior laughed.

"I am a nathalai warrior, human. Rentar created me for one purpose - to kill. I will demonstrate."

The warrior lunged at Sir David once more, but this time twisted several times in the air so that he ended up on the other side in less than a secon. Quickly parrying the blow, Sir David realized that he had no chance whatsoever against this warrior. He grabbed the bauble on the run, hoping that the crystal could defend itself, and attemtped to escape out the door he had entered through. He encountered several warriors in the passage, cleanly running them through; then he felt the cold touch of steel on his throat, and heard the nathalai warrior's voice behind him.

"Thought you could escape me so easily, did you?" breathed the warrior. "You were sadly mistaken."

At that moment the ground rumbled and the floor shook, and Sir David took the oppurtunity to roll the warrior onto his back, stand up, and take off.

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Pages