The Sands of Time

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Sands of Time
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #250
Sir David hit a hard floor, rolled to his feet, and took off. He yelled in pain as a fireball struck his back, but kept going. Knowing that he was no match in speed for the tall, agile warriors chasing close behind him, he ducked behind a corner and drew his blade. The first to turn the corner was impaled, the second decapitated. Stealing a quick glance behind him, Sir David saw another door; he turned back in time to parry a crushing blow, and then backed through the door.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Apprentice
Member # 3015
Profile #251
BOB, realising that his party needs help, does something he has not tried in many years. He focuses(sp?) all his energy through Gynia's staff. The effect was as desired, the mixture that came out of the staff not only imobilaised the drake lord, but actualy blew the head off.

ooc: The folowing only makes sense if the drake lord is raptilian.

The pure power that gave the drake lord his strength allowed the body to live on storming the place with every known spell and ability. After some hours of dogueing(sp?) the spells the cave lay bare of all living things, that is all but our party of heroes. Aperently in his rage, the drake lord, not haveing eyes with which to aim, killed most of his minions and missed, mostly, the target of intrest, us. The rest of the drakes and other creatures have ran away. The party all lay on the ground with nobody having the strength to move. At that point the three worriors sent to bring them to Vaitar-ka (I think)...

[ Wednesday, June 04, 2003 16:58: Message edited by: Amon-Ra ]

--------------------
there is no spoon.-The MATRIX has you...
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #252
What about Outcast? He'll start out in an orb that only allows him to move around, he'll be stuck in there until everyone here agrees to free him.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #253
Nicodemus steps free from the bark and roots that had been his legs and feet during most of the battle. Luckily, he had been hit by a magic dispelling spell, and his legs and feet returned to normal, only encased in wood. Nicos turns around and disintegrates the stump that had bound him. Seeing the warriors heading towards the party, Nicodemus pulls out a rope and casts a spell on it. As the rope stretches ten feet straight up into the air, he casts another spell, causing a small stone wall to spring up between the vahnatai and the party.

"Up the rope! Quickly now." after everyone has climbed the rope into the extra-dimensional bubble, Nicodemus follows after them and pulls the rope up with him.

"Won't they be able to see us?" asks Shadow Wolf.

"That's the beauty of the Rope Trick, we can see out, but they can't even see where it was we climbed up to. This place is invisible to them.
"I don't know about anyone else, but I'm tired, so now would be a good time for a nap. This place is completely safe, and will last for a few hours. Try to get some rest, and wake me after three turns of the glass." So saying, Nicodemus pulls out a small hourglass, and places it on the "ground" next to him.

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #254
Just give me a straight answer, CAN OUTCAST COME IN WHILE IN AN ORB THAT HE WILL BE STUCK IN UNTIL EVERYONE HERE AGRESS TO FREE HIM!?

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Apprentice
Member # 3015
Profile #255
OOC:Until we, the other memmbers of this RP, agree to it, you can stay in your orb. But dont exit it for no reason what so ever. You will be freed at some point, maybe.

After some time the worriors got frastrated and left.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #256
So I'm in?

And I KNOW I will be freed of this orb in, around....10 days. I'm very sure of it.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #257
OOC: Oh really? Out in ten days huh? I'll start counting.

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #258
*Sigh* It's too reliable on willpower for me to get exactly with my *ability* to see the future.

So, am I in?

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #259
YES YOU ARE IN AND YOU ARE ALSO IN YOUR ORB UNTIL WE SAY YOU CAN LEAVE IT. WE ALSO HAVE THE POWER TO DECLARE YOU "SHUNNED".

IC: Sir David found himself facing another crystal. Alternating between fending off the blows of the incoming warriors and stealing glances at the crystal, Sir David decided that this crystal, soul or not, was not hostile. Making up his mind, Sir David lunged at the nearest warrior, knocking him back into the one behind him and effectively clogging the doorway. Sir David began dealing blows like a madman until all that was left of the persuing warriors was a pile of waveblades, cloaks, and crystals. Sir David quickly went next to the crystal, knelt down, and focused all of his concentration on it. He felt nothing. Standing up, he jumped. He had felt a flicker of life within it. Kneeling down quickly once more, he asked the crystal, "Who are you?"

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #260
((Zephyr, Turumbar would be mighty pissed if he knew you were breaking into his stash.))
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #261
Who's Turumbar?
Ahem......
IC:
Judge: For your crimes against the empire, Outcast, you are sentenced to death by arcane blow.
*Several wizards surround Outcast, and then fire arcane blow on him.*
Outcast: YYYAAAGGGHHH!!!!!!1*Falls to the floor, and dies.**Wakes up in court room.*
Judge: For your crimes against the empire, Outcast, you shall be cast into the newly found caves, trapped in an orb to fend for yourself, you will have all of your valuable equipment taken from you.
*Several guards Surround Outcast, then they take his items.*
Outcast: NNNNNOOOO!!!!!!!!!*Is suddenly trapped in an orb, then falls through the ground.*
*A portal appears above the group of adventurers, and then Bob catches an orb, then drops it because it was extremely unexpected.*
Orb: Whoa, that was some ride. *Everyone notices a little person inside the orb.* Uhhh....hi, I'm called Outcast.....

[ Thursday, June 05, 2003 17:35: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Windwarrior ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #262
WORST.
RP.
EVAIRE.

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #263
Oh, you don't like this rp with me in it? That sure is stubborn.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #264
OOC: FB, at least READ the posts so you know where we are, before posting the joining post. we're technically not in the cave right now, more like some extradimensional haven.

oh, and FD, it's time to train your character with mine. :P

Alec: the RP itself isn't that bad, just that FB's interference makes it seem so.

IC:
Shadow Wolf was trying to catch some much needed sleep when he saw Firedrake practising with his sword. "I see you wish to be a blademaster," he called.

"How could you tell?" he inquired as he approached.

"Because you're trying to imitate the physical skills of a real blademaster," Gynia answered before Shadow Wolf could.

With a small jump, Shadow Wolf got up and drew his sword. The slender blade made very little sound as it was removed from the scabbard. "Ah, the stealth of the Silentstriker. But that is not the point of why I called you. Strike at me, Firedrake."

FD thrust his sword at SW, but the blademaster parried the weapon with ease. "A good try and strong strike. Keep trying till you hit me."

FD then attacked SW with his sword many times but never managed to touch him, always barely missing, or had his blow parried or dodged. Then, when FD thought he had SW out of balance, he swung at him for a finishing blow. SW dodged it, and knocked FD's weapon off with a kick to the wrist. SW sheathed his sword, then picked up FD's and returned it to him.

"Now, what have you learned here?" asked Shadow Wolf.
"You're good."
"With almost two decades of experience and skill, it's only natural. I must tell you now, a good blademaster does not strike with brute force, but rather he relies on speed, control and precision. Just swinging at the enemy with all your might can work sometimes, but not if your enemy has at least some form of physical fighting skill. An attack with brute force often slows down your attack so that it can be parried easily. However, swift strikes often deal less damage on their own, but you will be able to strike multiple times before your enemy can react. Remember this principle; it is the basis of the physical skills of blademastery."

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Apprentice
Member # 3015
Profile #265
BOB, not liking orbs with ppl in them turns the orb into cheese. the cheese breaks and out comes a impish looking, foul smelling, and overall unappealing thing.

Thing: "Hi, I'm Outcast."

BOB: "Bye, what-ever-your-name-is."

BOB, with great dislike of this new arivel from thin air, outs the chreature into a cheese prison in side the cave.

BOB: "If the woriors ever come back we'll get a warning from that thing down there, when we move we'll take it with us, might be useful."

BOB, seeing that the 2 great swordmen practise asks if he could get some pointers on how to properly handle his sword.

His sword is big, looks heavy but is as light as a feather to the user. Also it has the enchanted ability to cut through anything, as well as being unbreakable. Only problem is that it's 3/4 of BOB's hight, making it realy big.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #266
*Instead of turning the orb into cheese, a bolt of energy shoots at Bob once the "cheese-ray" hits it.*

Outcast: That wadn't very nice.*Grins.*

OOC: Besides, everyone has to agree to free me, so I had to do that.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Apprentice
Member # 3015
Profile #267
quote:
Originally posted by Zephyr Tempest, The Windwarrior:
*Instead of turning the orb into cheese, a bolt of energy shoots at Bob once the "cheese-ray" hits it.*

Outcast: That wadn't very nice.*Grins.*

OOC: Besides, everyone has to agree to free me, so I had to do that.

stop trying to put your self in a better position.

You, or your cherecter is curently down in the cave in a prison of hard cheese, I repeat only cheese. I give you this option so that you can chew your way out ang join this RP properly. If you go into your GOD symdrom then ppl will ignore your posts.

For now I think it best if you, FB, are free, or almost. If all must vote, I put my vote for freadom for the Outcast. I think that outcast would be both helpful to the quest and FB will stop posting, "can I join in" posts.

BOB:"I feel sorry for that animal, I acted before thinking should I release him?"

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #268
Fine, without the orb, though, he'll soon return to noral size. Hopefully he'll get out of his cheese-prison.

Outcast: Seems the only way out of here is to eat this cheese. YUK! I hate chedder cheese.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #269
As the three vahnatai manage to reassert themselves, Vaitar-ka casts a stealth spell in order to hide himself. The three warriors then proceed to distract the group of adventurers. They are easily handled by the sword skills of SW and FD. Luckily, this allows Vaitar to make his escape out of the cave to the rest of the small vahnatai militia.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #270
*Meanwhile, in Outcasts cheese-prison.*

Outcast: I gotta get out before...*Grows 4 inches taller.*...I start returning to normal size. Maybe I can use my dagger...

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #271
Firedrake watches as the last vahnatai runs away. He begins to chase him, but stops.

Firedrake: Should we go after him?

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Apprentice
Member # 3015
Profile #272
BOB, turns the running worrior into cheese.

BOB:"not any more."

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #273
OOC: FB, I would suggest that your character stay small for now, as it will prevent you from having him join combat, and allow him to move through areas that aren't accessible to other members of the party. For example, small windows and cells won't be able to stop your character, and the fact that you are the size of a large rat means that you can hide easily in shadows. I should also remind you that you have no weapons, and can't even lift any normal sized weapons at the moment.

IC: Quietly muttering a spell, Nicos gains the ability to see heat. Scanning around, he sees the trail of the lone vahnatai mage who fled the area. "This way!" He strides off and immediately trips over a stalagtite. Muttering, he stands back up and makes his way carefully, keeping track of the fading trail left by the creature.

--------------------
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #274
Ugh....Outcast wasn't originally 8 in tall. The orb shrunk him. What happens to something when it loses it's only scource of energy? It's destroyed. So if Outcast is out of his orb, he grows.

Unless anyone here is willing to break him out of his cheese-prison, and then put him back in the orb, you're welcome to.

-Oh, Outcast wasn't aware all he had is a cloak, a sling(His big rubber band.), pants, boots, and other things that can be found on anyone, until now.

[ Saturday, June 07, 2003 16:50: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Windwarrior ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers

Pages