The Sands of Time

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Sands of Time
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #300
*Several frightening, warped nephilim baring wicked claws jump out of the darkness, the tallest one, obviously the leader, steps forward to speak.*
Nephil leader: We created by Rentar, we kill you for purpose. We must you kill. *Obviously none of these nephils can speak properly.* Surrender and you spared, but go Rentar to.
Outcast: Stick it in your pointy ear; WE'RE GETTING THROUGH!
Nephil Leader: You stupid are! You wierd talk! You me kill match! Time now for death!
Outcast: I can take you on! *The Nephil Leader slashes through the orb, but the orb regenerates.*
Ow! *Whams himself into the Nephil leader.*
N-L: Stupid you!
Outcast: Look who's talking. *The battle goes on, Outcast only distracts "N-L", making him an easier target.*

[ Wednesday, June 11, 2003 18:39: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Windwarrior ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #301
Vaitar-ka, having barely escaped from the failed ambushed sits amused watching the creatures play around with the adventureres as he tends to his own wounds. Then the familiar booming voice enters his mind.

'If you had done what I asked of you my creations would not need to be so needlessly slaugthered.'

'Rentar, I am not the one to blame. It was that foolish blade--'

'I DON'T CARE WHO IS TO BLAME! JUST FIX IT NOW!'
With that the voice left his mind. Filled with terror the young vahnatai mage began thinking of ways in which he could slow the adventurers down. He once more looked down at the battle. Sure enough, the strange nephilim beasts were not going to be the winners. Already half of their number had been felled.

However, he had also noticed that though they were being defeated, the creatures were still quite skilled warriors. Enough of them could cause the party to flee. Thus he decided to create a few more. Vaitar-ka concentrated on the image of the beasts and created several illusions of the creatures. They charged into battle. He then returned to tending his wounds.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #302
"This is too easy," Shadow Wolf said. "Far too easy."

Several more of the beasts appeared. SW threw a shuriken at one, but it disappeared when the shuriken touched it. "Illusions, huh? Gynia, we need to dispel the magic in the area!"

"No duh." Gynia shot a ball of magical energy. SW, channeling soul energy into his hand, grabbed it and slammed it into the ground. There was a large flash of light, and only the real Nephilim were left. There was also smoke coming out of SW's gloves.

"Damn, that smarts. We gotta better way to dispel magic."

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #303
Outcast: You dispelled the magic here? Well, you made a hole in my orb by doing that, and I got a gold coin now, heheheh. *Orb regenerates.*
N-L: I defeat now you!
Outcast: NOT EVEN IN MY DREAMS!!*Whams orb into N-L.* WOOHOO! *Continues to distract N-L.*
N-L: Support are have to be here!*Some of the "nephilites(That's what I decided to call them.)" ran off, then came back with some sort of wooden structure.* We ain't not win will!
*The structure creaks, then a boulder smashes into the middle of the battle.*
N-L: Shmash tem!*Everyone notices he's drooling, probably because he thinks he's gonna win.*

[ Thursday, June 12, 2003 16:22: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Windwarrior ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Apprentice
Member # 3015
Profile #304
quote:
Originally posted by Zephyr Tempest, The Windwarrior:
Outcast: NOT EVEN IN MY DREAMS!!*Whams orb into N-L.* WOOHOO! *Continues to distract N-L.*
My, shouldn't it be your dreams? ok whatever.

BOB, not liking the look of these monters, creates a ladder to clime out of the whole.

A nephilim shaters the ladder with a single swift motion. Bob, falls strait down and lands untop of the N-L killing him as Bob's sword goes through the head of nephilim. However the victory for BOB is small becouse he is knocked uncontius<sp?> from his fall.

--------------------
there is no spoon.-The MATRIX has you...
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #305
I SAID that the pit's opening had closed.
FYI, that structure is a giant catapult, not very accurate, but really painful.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #306
Disturbed by this recent turn of events, Vaitar prepares to make his escape. He inscribes several runes on a nearby cavewall. As the script is completed the wall glows with an odd green aura. However, as he draws closer the runes suddenly become dead and fade away, the effect of a dispel magic casting.

Drained, the young mage had nothing else he could do. He sat atop the cliff and continued thinking of ways in which to stall the travellers. He had magic spells, but aside from a minor summoning there wasn't much he could do to stall them. He then remembered a small box given to him along with the tome.

As he pulled out the crystal cube he noticed something inscribed on the surface: Use only in an emergency. This situation seemed to call for such a use so he took out the small jewel inside. It was a rare Phoenix Egg. Knowing that there was nothing else he could do Vaitar-ka threw the red gem down into the battle.

When it struck the ground it shattered and released the fiery inferno from within. The flames quickly began to spread through the caves. They even climbed upward towards the cliff which held the vahnatai. He sat and awaited his death. There was nothing more he could do.

OOC: Can't seem to slow you down, but this should hasten you along your way. :P

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #307
*The catapult burned and collasped as it's last boulder nearly hit Outcast.*
N-L: AAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! HEAT STAND CAN'T!!!!!!! MY FUR IS TOO THICK!!!!!!!!!!!! *N-L burns and is finished off by the flames.*
Outcast: WE GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE!!!! I'M PROTECTED BUT YOU GUYS MIGHT NOT BE!!!!

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #308
Losing his patience with the nuisance that is Outcast, Shadow Wolf picked it up and threw it towards the exit. He looked back, to see Gynia trapped. "Y'all can run, I need to save Gynia!"

Firedrake tried to stop him, saying that he might lose his own life, but he failed. SW took out one end of a fireproof cord. "Tie this tightly to your arm, FD, and run as fast as you can." FD did as SW told...

Shadow Wolf dashed through the flames, moving quickly so he would not catch fire. He reached Gynia just in time, her ice shields barely holding out. "Hold my hand!" he yelled to her.

She quickly did so, and Shadow Wolf pulled her back to (relative) safety. Just as the two were about to run, SW spotted a lone vahnatai mage over the ambush site, starting to lose consciousness from the smoke. "Give me a boost, Gynia," he requested.

"But there's no time to waste!"

"He may be the enemy, but he is just a soldier, and deserves to live. This may take a little time, so run."

As Gynia ran for the exit, Shadow Wolf pulled the mage down with a coil of energy. He then started running himself, with the mage on his back. Reaching down, he took out a grappling gun, from which the cord extended. He pulled the trigger, and went flying towards the exit, grabbing Gynia along the way...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #309
Outcast: AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! A JAYARIS!!!!
*Stands before a giant humanoid(Imagine a human head, now get rid of the hair, the part between the nose and chin bulges out. Their skin is red, give them yellow eyes with big black pupils, and a row of spikes running down the sides if the head and the back, the spikes are small and black, now give them a body to match.).*
Jayaris: Yes, Outcast, I AM a Jayaris, I am from your nightmares! WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! *Several other creatures stand beside them, each on e a creature from the group's nightmares.* You must battle me, or I will kill you!
Outcast: How am I going to battle him....

OOC: This is interesting, you have to face your most frightening nightmare. Not bad, huh?

[ Friday, June 13, 2003 08:06: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Windwarrior ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Apprentice
Member # 3015
Profile #310
BOB, being forgot in the cave burns to a sinder.

--------------------
there is no spoon.-The MATRIX has you...

Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #311
OOC: Actually, that's spelled cinder, not sinder.

IC: Nicodemus doesn't like that fire that is chasing them. He searches his mind for a spell to destroy the flames. As he runs he carefully mutters a spell and creates a spectral hand. The hand moves with Nicos as he runs. He puts on a brief spurt of speed, and then turns around and looks back at the oncoming flames. Casting another spell, he sends the spectral hand at the flames. As soon as the hand touches the quickfire, something happens. The flames immediately stop, as if they had been frozen in place. As Alamir's Fundamental Breakdown spreads throughout the magical flames, the quickfire stops dead, a flame frozen into solidity. With a shudder, the flames begin to crack. Exploding with the noise of a wrecking ball going through a warehouse full of aquariums, the quickfire shatters like glass. Back in the pit, where the phoenix egg had been opened, lay the things used to make a container for quickfire, along with the components of quickfire itself.

Unfortunately for Nicodemus, when the frozen flames had exploded, he had been caught in the blast, and was torn to peices by the freezing shards of fire. When Vaitar-ka looked back, all he saw was a bloody form that looked vaguely like it had been humanoid at one point. Offering up a silent blessing for a safe journey beyond, the vahnatai respected the willingness to face the impossible to save others. He was in awe of the power that the human must have possessed to destroy unleashed quickfire while running from it, after he had already been in several battles where his only weapon was magic.

OOC: Yes, I killed off my character. I got tired of him, and I haven't really done much to add to the RP besides annoy FB. Have fun running through caverns, getting lost and then having the plot change from your planned ending as someone else *cough*flaming blade*cough* takes the story, runs with it, and completely ruins your plan to bring the quest to a conclusion. :D

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #312
OOC: Actually, that's spelled cinder, not sinder.

IC: Nicodemus doesn't like that fire that is chasing them. He searches his mind for a spell to destroy the flames. As he runs he carefully mutters a spell and creates a spectral hand. The hand moves with Nicos as he runs. He puts on a brief spurt of speed, and then turns around and looks back at the oncoming flames. Casting another spell, he sends the spectral hand at the flames. As soon as the hand touches the quickfire, something happens. The flames immediately stop, as if they had been frozen in place. As Alamir's Fundamental Breakdown spreads throughout the magical flames, the quickfire stops dead, a flame frozen into solidity. With a shudder, the flames begin to crack. Exploding with the noise of a wrecking ball going through a warehouse full of aquariums, the quickfire shatters like glass. Back in the pit, where the phoenix egg had been opened, lay the things used to make a container for quickfire, along with the components of quickfire itself.

Unfortunately for Nicodemus, when the frozen flames had exploded, he had been caught in the blast, and was torn to peices by the freezing shards of fire. When Vaitar-ka looked back, all he saw was a bloody form that looked vaguely like it had been humanoid at one point. Offering up a silent blessing for a safe journey beyond, the vahnatai respected the willingness to face the impossible to save others. He was in awe of the power that the human must have possessed to destroy unleashed quickfire while running from it, after he had already been in several battles where his only weapon was magic.

OOC: Yes, I killed off my character. I got tired of him, and I haven't really done much to add to the RP besides annoy FB. Have fun running through caverns, getting lost and then having the plot change from your planned ending as someone else *cough*flaming blade*cough* takes the story, runs with it, and completely ruins your plan to bring the quest to a conclusion. :D

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #313
Umm, wouldn't that also kill everyone else in the area? Maybe not...

BTW Zephyr, I would say nice idea with the nephilite if it weren't such a blatant mimickry of my nathalai... BTW Nephilite is the name of my nephil character in A2 and A3...

IC: Sir David found himself running right back the way he had come. The rumbling was getting louder, and Sir David heard cries of alarm echoing in the hall. He ran through a door blindly, and found himself right where he had been deposited in front of the first crystal. However, all of the warriors were gone, along with the mage; many of them had probably been cut down by his blade already. Sir David braced himself, yet no pain came into his head from the crystal. This was strange, since Sir David could literally see the rage surrounding the crystal like an aura. He shrugged, and took off in no particular direction, searching for an exit. Suddenly a portal opened before him, and before he could stop himself, Sir David had launched himself into the portal. He came out on the other side, stumbled... and crashed into Motrax.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #314
OOC: Don't worry, RH, i'll pull it off (or try to).

IC:
FD was considerate enough to lock the cord to a large boulder outside the cave and running well clear of it. Shadow Wolf, with Vaitar-Ka and Gynia holding on tightly, zoomed towards the exit - and into the boulder. Gynia's body glanced off the side, only suffering light injury, SW reacted quick enough to dodge the boulder, and Vaitar-Ka was protected from shock as he was on SW's back. The three laid on the ground for a while, out of breath, then stood back up.

"Why ... did you save me?" Vaitar-Ka inquired.

"Even if you are my enemy," SW replied, "you are still a living being, and you deserve to live. You were weak, and incapable of escape, and therefore I saved you."

"You are aware that I was responsible for this."

"Of course. But that is not the matter now. It is too late for revenge."

"I did not expect such quality in someone like you, but you are honourable. I shall..."

OOC: Sullust, decide whether your character will join or not.

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #315
BTW, the nightmares I brought in are right outside of the pit area, so once you get there, be ready to fight your scariest nightmare.

Outcast: Oh man! Oh man!
Jayaris: AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!*Slashes the orb with his claws, and slashing Outcast while he was at it.*
Outcast: YEEEOUCH!!!*Orb regenerates.*

OOC: I'm getting tired of Outcast, could he die in this battle so I can bring in another?

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #316
Nope.

IC: Sir David looked at Motrax, astonished. He heard a little ping, and looked down at the ground; he had dropped the bauble. In a stupor, he picked it up and rubbed it...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #317
OOC: SW and Gynia wouldn't be scared of that Jayaris thing. SW is incapable of feeling fear, and the two have been through worse anyway. In other words, they aren't pussies, regardless of gender.

IC:
Shadow Wolf noticed some weird creature chomping on Outcast in orb form. Seeing the critical points quickly, SW dispatched the creature with a well aimed wave of shurikens. He, Gynia and Vaitar-Ka then approached Motrax, FD and David, who weren't very far away...

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #318
Shoot, I had the perfect charater in mind, Blight! He's a human with the ability to morph into a scorpion! He was magicaly augmented! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Unless someone saves Outcast from the Jayaris, he'll die anyway. In or out of his orb, he's no match for a Jayaris.

Oh, did I mention a Jayaris has thick, leathery skin? Unless shurikens are sharp, the Jayaris will be fine.

I really want to use Blight, could Outcast at least be mutated into Blight?

[ Friday, June 13, 2003 17:08: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Windwarrior ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #319
OOC: shurikens are razor sharp. and we're talking about shurikens aimed at the weak, critical spots, not right at the tough parts of the hide.

[ Friday, June 13, 2003 17:38: Message edited by: Infamous Wise Man ]

--------------------
--------------------
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #320
Magically augmented?? No, you're going to stay Outcast.

IC: Suddenly, a high-pitched screech pierced the air. Sir David dropped the bauble and covered his ears, but that did not keep out the sound. Everyone there could feel that the screech had some magical power to it, and that feeling was confirmed when warriors began appearing in the distance, running as fast as their long thin legs could carry them, swords held out in gestures of peace, and not only that... loyalty, alliance, and some were even pledging servitude.

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #321
Vaitar, knowing that he could not return to his own people, agreed to travel with the adventurers. He felt that he had owed this Shadow Wolf a great debt for saving his life. The young vahnatai knew that he could not leave this man until he repayed the deed. Suddenly the nearby dragon bellowed, "So tell us, what is the fastest way to reach Rentar-Ihrno."

"I wish I could help you; however, I am also walking through these caves blindly. I awoke from my resting at the fort back there only moments before you attacked."

"Your language is quite strong for a vahnatai."

"I know several languages. When one lives for a few centuries you have time to stop and learn the complex things."

"Shall we continue?" Inquired SW.

"Yes, but let us be cautious. I do not know how many other groups my master--I mean Rentar has sent for you."

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #322
Could Outcast at least get a dagger or sword that can poison enemies?

IC:
Outcast: Hey, I found something on the ground, it's a note! *Floats down to read it.* Hmmmmm....I still remember a lot about vahnatai....just enough to translate it.
(Smudged name1),
These Jayari and nephilites are powerful, we must create an army of Nephilites to guard our fortresses, and an army of Jayari to conquer! Return to hall after your task is done to help create more of these powerful creatures.
-(Smudged name2)
SW: That doesn't sound good.
Outcast: We gotta find that hall and stop them! Jayari can breathe poison, they're extremely deadly in large numbers!! I know because they created them from my nightmares, they must have done something with my brain waves.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #323
OOC: How about not FB, I'm just gonna ignore your post. How could you possibly know the Vahnatai tongue? You came from the surface a short while ago, remember? An army of your crappy monsters isn't very intimidating. And who is trying to take over what? The only people here are the Vahnatai. This is during the First Expedition to Exile.

IC: The group moves through several caverns.

FD: Where are we going?
SW: I don't know, hopefully, to the exit.
Outcast: Are we there yet? I'm hungry... and tired... and I HATE THIS ORB (Continues to whine)
FD: Hopefully we'll get out soon.

The group, with FD in front, enters a particularly large cavern. FD walks foward and slams into something big. Looking foward, he doesn't see anything.

FD: What the...?

Suddenly, the "air" in front of FD begins to move and an almost invicible tentacle knocks FD backwards...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #324
Look, before Outcast was hit by the time wave made by Rentar-Ihrno, he knew a lot about vahnatai. He was an Avernite once. He still remembers some stuff about vahnatai, GET IT?
Yes, Outcast IS extremely tired of his orb.

IC:
Outcast: Aren't we going to try and stop the Jayari? (Note: If your character is strong enough to defeat a Jayari by themself, then they're an uber-character.) THEY CAN BREATHE POISON!!!!!! The empire could easily lose against those Jayari!!

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers

Pages