The Sands of Time

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Sands of Time
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #50
Also OOC, since I don't have a C to be I:
They presumably do these things by a combination of forgetting about it and using their ludicrously overpowered magic to deal with it.

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #51
They have torches. And Silverbacks make a good meal.

TM, try to make this enjoyable for everyone else, too. And Scrioth was established in E1 and E2 as a member of the exploration party. At least he has reason to be here.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #52
*As one of the Silvermins lie on the ground, dying, he starts speaking.*

Silvermin: You are willing to attack your own, Imperial soldiers? We were Imperials, but a portal accident teleported us right into a sulfer pit, mutating us. Didn't you notice the crowns on our backs?*Drains into the ground.*

And their Silvermins, Drakfyre. And they're poisonous. And Silverback is immune to acid, he's a Titan. But he reatreated.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #53
Umm, I thought that they were related to Vahnatai, not the Empire.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #54
No, I said the Empire THOUGHT they mutated from Vahnatai.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #55
The sphere slowly rises back to its previous brightness. The vahnatai which they had been heading toward, has run of into the distance.

Claymore speaks with excitement, "let us go find my swords."

It will be quite impossible for us to attempt to kill Rentar. That will not fix our problems at all.

"What do you mean?"

This is the past; if you kill Rentar here she will not exist in our future. If she does not exist then, she will not create the rift which sent us here in the first place. Thus we will have never killed here at all.

"Then what stops her from simply doing this over again as soon as we return!"

Before we return to 'normal time' I shall teach the others of this realm a binding spell. When they return, they need to cast it on Rentar and she will no longer have this massive power.

"I still wish to acquire my swords."

So be it. I cannot fight Rentar in any method, nor do I have the capability to defend myself from her. I do not trust you to do this for me as I am unable to read your thoughts for some reason. Therefore I entrust myself to this dragon. Where he goes I will follow.

"As you wish." Claymore ends the conversation.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #56
(The bolt that Ablis shot at Silverback wasn't acid, it was just colored acid-green. Also, the Imperials had run away due to Claymore's actions.)

Ablis sits up from the stone he had been leaning against and opens his eyes.

"This is quite a hostile place... perhaps we should not have driven that other group off. They looked better-equipped than us to deal with this kind of a place."

With that, he glares at Claymore.

"We'll need several things in order to survive down here long enough to deal with Rentar. Food and firewood would both help, but I don't see any way we're going to get the latter. Unless you guys have any better ideas, we should probably go out hunting for... whatever lives down here, and hope that it's not poisonous."
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #57
I should have killed Claymore instead of cloaking myself when he appeared, Shadow Wolf thought.

"If we can't burn firewood, then I'm afraid we'll have to improvise," He said, with an evil-looking glare at Claymore.

"You dare to try to kill me, scrawny excuse for a warrior?" Claymore laughed.

"Did I say explicitly to do so? No, and if I had to, I could. Anyways, I'm sure there can always be something we can use. Perhaps we can burn the skin of the creatures we kill..."

[ Sunday, May 18, 2003 07:04: Message edited by: Metaphysical Wise Man ]

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #58
*Everyone heres a loud click , someone stepped on a button.*

*Several Bolt of fire spells fly everywhere, singing everyone!*

Voice: Leave this area at once, you are in Silvermin territory.
*More Bolt of fire spells come out, and this time they're faster, and stronger.*
Voice: Leave now!
*An extremely large amount of Bolt of fire spells come out, they're extrmely fast and strong.*
Voice: You have shosen not to leave, you will soon perish.
*The Bolt of fire spells stop, then Arcane Blow spells fly everywhere!*

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #59
Angrily, Ablis makes a gesture in the air, causing green clouds to billow out from his hands and surround the party, ceasing the barrage of spells.

"We could waste our time and energy trashing these fools, but then we'd still be where we started... unless you think they have edible food in there that's worth risking our lives to get. Anyone else have an opinion on this?"

(OOC : Isn't Antimagic Cloud a wonderful spell?)

[ Sunday, May 18, 2003 07:40: Message edited by: Imban ]
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #60
Voice: I am now summoning Blang to rid of you.
*A gigantic, black, seemingly invincible dragon appears, it's over 40 feet tall!*

Blang: RRRROOOOAAAARRRR!!!!!*Breathes a heavy barrage of fire onto everyone.* RRRROOOOAAAARRRR!!!!!
Voice: Leave now or face the consequences!
*Silverback's army appears, including him.*
Silverback: HAHAHAHAHA!!! You cannot defeat us AND Blang!
Voice: I will now summon the entire Silvermn army.
*Everyone hears a rumble, then sees an army on the horizen(sp), the Vahnatai flees once he sees this army.*

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #61
Claymore sighs.

Claymore: Hey Shadow Wolf, you're a good warrior, right? I'm almost all out of juice, so I guess I'm back to your level.
Shadow Wolf: Just shut the hell up, alread--
Claymore: You take on Blang. Ablis, you help me flank the Titans from the left. Sir David and NaCN, you flank the Titans from the right. Oh, and by the way, Shadow Wolf? Psychics can detect you, even with your cloak on. Think about that, next time.

Claymore leaps into the fray. Ablis follows along shortly behind, casting antimatic cloud on the Titans, then himself. Shadow Wolf leaps straight at Blang, and shoves his blade through the dragon's jaw.

Motrax: Amazing...
Esper: Agreed.
Motrax: So tell me, are you from Final Fantasy 5 or 6?
Esper: What are you talking about?
Motrax: I played the games. Just tell me.
Esper: ...Final Fantasy 5.
Motrax: Cool!

Motrax grabs Esper with one claw (as best he can), and casts a spell with Esper in his clutches. Suddenly, a bright white light appears, and...
(Insert whatever Esper you want Esper to be, Sullust.)

After the summoned beast disappears, the Titans seem devastated. Sir David and NaCN charge the rest, while Shadow Wolf stands triumphant over the bleeding corpse of Blang in an entirely too self-indulgent pose doing a little victory dance, while muttering ego-inflating mantras. Claymore stands in awe, and Ablis blinks audibly. The Titans retreat,

Esper: How did you do that?
Motrax: I'm telling you, I played Final Fantasy 5. I know what I'm doing.

OOC: One of the many advantages of carrying around an Esper. :P

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #62
I'm ignoring that post(the results, anyway.), Red Scare, you can't just defeat a GIGANTIC army of titans, and the dragon is in the center.Red Scare, don't make your self invinsible or ruin other peoples's plots.

IC:

*Suddenly, the fighting stops, and the army marches away, except for Rojhiniok, who lies on the ground too dazed to move.*
Rojh: Did I experience war rage?

[ Sunday, May 18, 2003 10:10: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Mindwarrior ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #63
(Actually, he had our group defeat the army. Also, please do not attempt to screw up the timeline like this. Being as how I can't figure out what is going on after that last post...)

Time reverses itself two minutes. A voice calls out...

"I am now summoning Blang to rid of you!"

A huge black dragon appears, flanked by the Silvermin army. It goes to breathe fire, but the antimagic cloud stops it. Ablis looks at the dragon and army and sighs.

"...okay, now to get out of here."

The adventurers rush backwards, chased by the Silvermins and the dragon Blang, as Ablis gestures in midair, forming a spell. Upon its completion, the adventurers vanish in a cloud of green smoke.

Rohj, Silverback, Blang, and the rest of the Silvermins look confused, seeing none of the adventurers nearby.

The adventurers touch down outside Motrax's Cave in Exile, where the adventure started, a note from Ablis drifting to the ground.

---
I still need an explanation of what's going on, but I'm going to seek out the Imperials to help me deal with the Silvermins.
---

Meanwhile, elsewhere in Exile, far from both the adventurers and the Silvermins Ablis walks through the darkness, searching out the Imperial encampment...

(OOC : Since apparently people have been appearing mostly in the Imperial encampment and Motrax's cave, and the thread isn't too long yet, feel free to join. Please? :P )
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #64
OOC: The esper my character represents is not the same as that from the Final Fantasy series. I was having a lacking moment in creativity. At the moment the only purpose the glowing orb of light serves is to close the rift and to teach the other adventurers how to stop Rentar from casting the spell again. However, I do appreciate your creativity TM.

At the moment Zephyr, you are the one dealing serious damage to the plot.

[ Sunday, May 18, 2003 12:36: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #65
Chicken Little, play Exile 1 and do not come back until you have done so.

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #66
*Then suddenly, the fiery rage from the Silvermin's eyes disappears.*

*Everyone but Rojhiniok goes home.*

Rojh: What happened? I think I just experienced War Rage. Where's Motrax and the rest of the gang?
*Explores the caves.* Maybe...*Rushes back to where he first met Motrax.*There you are. Will we see Silverback or not?
Motrax: You just fought alongside him.
Rojh: No I didn't, I've never seen him before.
Motrax: What do you remember?
Rojh: Well, we were traveling and then I saw Imperial soldiers, and the rest is blank.

OOC: El Presidente, stop calling me Chicken Little, and I have played Avernum1. Rojhiniok's cave city was behind a secret passage that Motrax never found in his cave.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #67
OOC: I go off with some friends to play with explosives for the day and all sorts of oddball stuff happens and I miss it, thus making me confused. Even with the 4 posts before this one trick, I'm too confused to post something good.
IC:
*Ryan stops practicing with his broadsword and notices that everyone has left him.

Ryan: That freaking figures. I get stuck in some strange land on some messed up quest, and everyone leaves me.

*Ryan wonders off to find the others. After some walking, he sees some strange figures in the distance. Thinking that they were his fellow adventurers Ryan approaches them. As soon as Ryan gets near the beings, he notices that they aren't from his group, and aren't even human.

Krisoth: Greetingsss Ssstrange one. What bringsss you to Slith territory?
Ryan: Hi, I'm an explorer. Well, at least I think I'm an explorer. No one actually bothered to tell me exactly what it is that me and my group were supposed to do down here.
Krisoth: Interessting. And where are the other membersss of thisss group?
Ryan: I don't know. They left me. I was just on my way to look for them.
Krisoth: Good luck ssstrange one.
Ryan: Thank you. In the future I hope that relations between our 2 people can be this peaceful.
Krisoth: Asss do I.

*Ryan leaves the Sliths and after much traveling finds a small cave(within cave, wierd) After entering, Ryan is met by several large spiders.

Spider: Hello.
Ryan: Hey.
Spider: You're cute.
Spider: No, he isn't. He's neat.
Spider: No, he's cute.
Spider: No, he's neat.
(2 minutes later)
Ryan: Bye.

*Ryan runs away from the 2 spiders, who have begun to chase him for his opinion on who is right. After much moving around, Ryan comes across this cave with some very strange people in it, but decides that sneaking to see who it is may be a good idea.

[ Sunday, May 18, 2003 15:33: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #68
Sir David, still shaking his head at the thought of the massive amounts of power he had just observed, lay down in Motrax's cave. He wasn't sure about his new group, but he supposed that anything was better than being the underling in a camp full of inexperienced underlings. After a little rest, he decided to get up and explore. He walked to the entrance to the cave, turned the corner, and walked right into an alien. Both drew their blades and attempted to pin each other to the wall, but they were equally matched. Sir David backed up, saw the alien reach for several razor-sharp objects, and quickly closed once more. He brought his shield up just in time to save his neck, literally, and quickly drew his blade against the other's neck.
"Drop your sword," Sir David said. The alien could not understand the words themselves, but he understood the meaning and complied. Sir David quickly ripped a strip from his tunic and bound the alien's hands, then dragged it into the cave with him.
"Sir Dragon!" he yelled.
Motrax turned, and jumped at the sight of the creature. How had it gotten to the cave without his noticing? Sir David turned the alien over to Motrax, then moved off to the side, unnoticed, to observe.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #69
OOC: Lone Flame? Ryan is dead, sorry. I was under the impression that he was not your main character, not being from another world and all. Just have another future or other-wordly character wander up and join the party instead.

--------------------

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #70
The group settled down to have a rest.

While cleaning his sword, Shadow Wolf noticed a piece of cloth in some closeby corner of the cavern. He went to take a look.

He reconized it the moment he began to approach it. "Gynia..." He muttered to himself. The cloth, a blue scarf with a distinct spiralling silver pattern, had originally belonged to him. He had given it to Gynia as a token of his love... She had worn it all the time ever since.

Shadow Wolf put the scarf on, and returned to the group. I shall never remove this scarf until she is found alive.

[ Sunday, May 18, 2003 16:13: Message edited by: Metaphysical Wise Man ]

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #71
*Rojhiniok, bored because of having to wait in Motrax's cave(after experiencing War Rage, a condition in which he can't help but fight, which all Silvermins go through during a big battle.), watches the happenings.*

Rojh: Will we ever get to see Silverback(without experiencing War Rage.)?

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #72
SCENE: Rentar's Chambers

Rentar-Ihrno is minding her own business, sustaining her hygene, and preparing herself for rest. Suddenly, in the midst of washing her face, she turns around with a powerful spell aimed at her percieved stalker. She is confused at seeing nobody there, until a guttural noise is emitted from a plated armadillo-like creature with horns standing a whole two feet tall directly in front of her.

Retnar: What the hell are you?
? ? ?: I am an informant, I am a negotiator.
Rentar: You speak telepathically.
? ? ?: I have no mouth, how else am I to communicate? Enough chit-chat. A group of other-worlders and people from the future are after you.
Rentar: So?
? ? ?: There is Motrax who I believe you already dealt with, there is a mote of energy that is following him, there is a stealthy warrior from another world, a rogue from the future, another warrior from the future, a cloaked man, and someone from my world who I am keeping a close eye on.
Rentar: Are any of these people powerful enough to destroy me?
? ? ?: Alone, no. Combined, no--
Rentar: Then why waste my--
? ? ?: Silence, you bulimic hag! One of them is developing a weapon that none of them can use without dying, but could easilly kill you in one blow. As you know, heroes will be heroes, and will sacrifice themselves for the greater good of all mankind et cetera.
Rentar: Why should I believe a rat huddled uner a crumpled up heap of scrap metal like yourse--
? ? ?: You will rue the day you do not heed my words! But here, take this.

The black plates of the odd creature rise and lower in a waving movement, until he makes another digusting noise, and a blue gem covered in ichor comes out from his intestinal area.

Rentar: What the hell is--
? ? ?: Just shut up and look into it! My god...

Rentar picks it up, and it flashes back to when Claymore used his sword magics against the Imperials. After Scrioth and the others retreat, it flashes to where Claymore was describing his nuclear sword to Ablis.

Rentar: Fine. I won't underestimate these adventurers.
? ? ?: Very well. Then I demand use of your laboratory, five purified rubies, fifty pounds of mithral, and a forge.
Rentar: Damn you, you filthy sewer scum. You may have all of what you wish, but you will not take my laboratory. I will give you one of my assistants' laboratories.
? ? ?: Very well, but make sure it has necesarry requirements for long-range scrying, teleportation, and other necesarry magical feats.
Rentar: Very well. And what, may I ask, is your name?
? ? ?: The mere sound of my name would either not register in your brain or shatter it outright. You may call me Black Horn.
Rentar: Go now to the third floor. All of what you need is there, and my assistant will be cleared out within six hours.
Black Horn: Thank you for your business. This deal is something you will not regret.
Rentar: It will be so, or the regret will belong to you.

----

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #73
By "rogue from the future" do you mean Rojhiniok?

I've no ideas for the plot yet, I just wanted to ask this question.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #74
OOC: Well, that sucks. I was planning on making Ryan a decent character. Oh well. His place shall now be the NSI. Anyway. Time to bring back Mars to save myself the trouble of creating a new one.

IC:
*The warrior swings his sword at Mars. As soon as the blade reaches Mars's neck, Mars disappears. Mars soon appears in a strange cave with an odd group of people and a really small dragon.

Mars: Where am I?
Shadow Wolf: It would appear that yet another person has fallen victum to Rentar's magic.
Mars: Rentar-Ihrno?
SW: How do you know her name?
Mars: There isn't a person in the Empire who hasn't heard of that phsycotic scumbag.
Rojhiniok: Empire! You will die!
Mars: Christ air, will it ever end? Before you attack me, strange zealot dude, I've got to know why you wish harm on me?
Rojhiniok: The Empire is evil and it must be destroyed.
Mars: So what else is new. I've never like the Empire, but the Vahnatai are worse. On a more important note, I still want to know where I am. And what's going on.
SW: It's very simple. Rentar-Ihrno, who you seem to already know about, cast some spell that screwed up Space and Time and the Dimenions.
Mars: Why am I not suprised. Oh well. Anyone wanna help me kill her?
SW: We're working on that as we speak.
Mars: Cool.

Pages