The Sands of Time

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Sands of Time
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #325
OOC: just because someone can defeat a slightly large being with tough hide by him/herself it doesn't mean they're god characters. SW is anti-mage, and anti-armour to a limited extent.

IC:
Shadow Wolf threw a shuriken at the moving air. Sure enough, it went through at a slightly slower speed, but caused no damage at all. Instantly he knew what it was. "Materialize and fight with valour, slime," SW taunted it. He threw Outcast at it for added effect.

The being, enraged at the insult, knocked SW back with a powerful tentacle strike and morphed into a powerful looking, visible form. Gynia felt that something was not right. "Why would a Spirit of Storm be inside a cavern?" She wondered...

OOC:
Remember the wind fiend in FF4? a Spirit of Storm looks similar to that.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #326
*Outcast bounces back.*
Outcast: That was fun!

OOC: Jayari can be up to 10 feet tall! There skin ALL OVER THEIR body is so thick, only razor sharp weapons and strong mental attacks can kill one. They can breathe poison gas, and have razor sharp claws. They are immune to charming and confusing, and they can see through just about everything, so it's almost impossible to hide from them. Yes, they are the creatures of my worst nightmares, an army of them are almost unstoppable. Better pack a lot of shurikens.
Outcast: What's that thing forimng up there? Hmmmm.... HEY! YOU!!!! YOU COULDN'T KICK BUTT EVEN IF IT SLAMMED ITSELF ON YOUR FOOT!!!!
*The Spirit of Storm gets really, really mad.*

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #327
(I'm not really in this RP, but those sound like things that any character I play would have no trouble defeating in a duel. Even Varius.)
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #328
OOC: agreed. FB's overblowing things that would be in a regular FF encounter to wayward proportions.

FB: a duo that defeated the lord of demon lords would have no trouble against your creations. and that involves no godly powers at all, just incredible synergy. :P

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #329
They are also extremely alert, and can jump 85 feet high!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: So they're really, really hard to hit. And even if you hit them, your weapon has to be EXTREMELY SHARP. About 10 times as sharp as Albert E's wits. They're immune to fire, cold, magic, and even acid! And 95% resistent to mental attacks, excluding charming and confusion.They're even immune....to....NUKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Saturday, June 14, 2003 18:21: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Windwarrior ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #330
How about this: One thing they aren't immune to and very vulnerable to is antimatter. It'll make em disappear in an instant.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #331
OOC: FB, you're an insane, overexcited child on a large load of stimulants. Jayaries are officially off the storyline.

[ Saturday, June 14, 2003 18:42: Message edited by: Infamous Wise Man ]

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #332
The plural form is Jayari. I don't know HOW it ended up in my dream. *Sigh* I really want to use Blight now. Usually I'm in bed by now, but I can't sleep well on MY mattress. Sleeping on the ground isn't much different!

[ Saturday, June 14, 2003 18:56: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Windwarrior ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #333
Vaitar-ka stands amazed at the strange creature they have stumbled upon. Even in the various experiments attempted by Rentar he has never seen such a beast. Noticing SW in trouble the vahnatai instinctively began casting a spell. As the flames of the massive fireball surged forward it was caught in an invisible barrier of wind. The flaming sphere was spun around several times and then flung back at the mage.

Though Vaitar managed to dodge the returning missle, it was clear that such spells would be useless in attacking the wind beast. Instead of focusing his energies on attacking, he concentrated them on supporting his allies. As the tentacles reached out again he used carefully placed ice spells to cause them to draw back. However, he could only keep it up for so long.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #334
(OOC: I'm not in the RP, but the Jayari are too senseless for me not to comment on.)

You still haven't explained why I should fear a Jayara more than I should fear a Rakshasa. I mean for one, Jayari can't leap +85 feet when they're in a fricking cave (unless the plotline took another kooky twist I missed). Secondly, strong skin won't protect you much from a punch to the gut (or any other kind of blunt strike thereof). Much of the brute force of otherwise edged attacks would still be deadly in a strike. And for that matter, there is no confusing in Exile (unless you are a heathenistic Avernum player). And when you get right down to it, anything that can't cast spells is screwed in the end anyway.

An army of Rakshasi versus an army of Jayari would be a massive, one-sided victory for the former. If you're going to try to invent a horde of lame monsters, you can at least make them not suck.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #335
[sarcasm on] How about an army of Frieza's? [/sarcasm off]

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Babelicious
Member # 3092
Profile #336

IMAGE(http://www.desperance.net/features/saveboemen/img/fre.gif)
FRAIZA WOULD WIEN!!!!1 FREZA IS STRONG oh yes

--------------------
(( take my hand and join us ))
Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #337
OOC: And crazy go the RP :P

Now, back to find a plot twist...

--------------------
You go in, You go out, Repeat if necessary. - The Official Moron Guide For Sex

Be disgusted! (Not really)
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #338
OOC: ORDER! ORDER!

alright, back to the RP.

IC:
Shadow Wolf attacked the Spirit of Storm with a series of blade beams, but to no effect. Gynia's water magics didn't do much either.

The Spirit eventually tired of the party's ineffectual attempts, and sent the party flying back into a cave wall... except for Shadow Wolf. Firedrake was not blown back very far either, with his physical strength.

"It is foolish to waste your energy on a wind attack against one who harnesses the wind," SW said, indirectly taunting the Spirit again...

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #339
Look, Jayari are 10 feet tall, but their innards only take up 4 feet of that 10 feet. And they are big around and have broad chests, so there skin can be up to 2 feet thick in some pla es. The hide is the toughest spot, though. And there skin is VERY hardy. They can breathe poiaon clouds. And they can cast mindduel and smite. And the only things the ONLY things that can kill them are there own creators, if they know banishing spells, razor sharp weapons, and strong mental attacks, like an attack that can make the enemy brain explode or something like that. Their claws are so razor sharp, they can cut through concrete if their claws are well taken care of. And they can cling to walls and ceilings. If they were on the surface, they could jump 85 feet high.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #340
quote:
Originally posted by Zephyr Tempest, The Windwarrior:
And the only things the ONLY things that can kill them are there own creators, if they know banishing spells, razor sharp weapons, and strong mental attacks, like an attack that can make the enemy brain explode or something like that.
I dont want to kill them too :P

*cast Mass charm*
*get some popcorn*
*sit and watch the carnage*

OOC: You only said : "Only strong mental attack by their creators can KILL them". Nothing has been said about "Only strong mental attack by their creators can harm/charm/whatever wou want them" :D

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #341
They're immune to charming and confusing. I said that already.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #342
Whatever, remember these (futuristic) rules:

quote:
1) Railguns can shoot throught ANYTHING but walls.
2) Walls does NOT move.
And guess what: Jayari are NOT walls AND i got a railgun with me! *shoot some well-placed slugs at them and watch beautiful lines of monsters going down :cool: *

EDIT: Slugs are considered as "antimatter" too

[ Sunday, June 15, 2003 07:49: Message edited by: Dacovind ]

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #343
Railgun? What's that?

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #344
A very powerful gun that fire slugs with EXTREMELY high speed, causing it to go throught anything but walls. For more informations, get "guns 101" or better, "Quake 101" :rolleyes:

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #345
A Jayaris's skin is MUCH tougher than a wall. Who says YOU are in the rp? And are slugs razor-sharp? NO!!!!! The vahnatai created Jayari out of Outcast's brain waves from remembering a nightmare about Jayari. Nuclear radiation is similiar to antimatter, ad Jayari are immune to that. It eould take a lot of antimatter to stop a Jayari, since it's on their claws. They PRODUCE antimatter, wouldn't they be immune to it, then?
Wise Man said they aren't in the storyline, anyway.
BTW- Who's had nightmares about Jayari since you guys know about them now?
And replace all the IC stuff that have Jayari with Nephilites instead. Jayari are god-characters.

[ Sunday, June 15, 2003 10:02: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Windwarrior ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #346
quote:
Originally posted by Zephyr Tempest, The Windwarrior:
A Jayaris's skin is MUCH tougher than a wall.
You misunderstood what this gentleman was trying to tell you. If a railgun can't penetrate it, it has no business moving.

Who says YOU are in the rp? And are slugs razor-sharp? NO!!!!!

Oh, and the fact that they're moving at a sizeable fraction of the speed of light doesn't mean anything either.

The vahnatai created Jayari out of Outcast's brain waves from remembering a nightmare about Jayari.

Uh... huh. Somehow I doubt anyone save one of TM's characters would have the power to bother with this.

Nuclear radiation is similiar to antimatter, ad Jayari are immune to that.

Yeah, like matter is similar to energy. Wait, no, it's a more distant relationship. But still!!!

It eould take a lot of antimatter to stop a Jayari, since it's on their claws.

Then they apparently explode catastrophically at birth. Contact between antimatter and matter causes both to be negated and huge amounts of energy to be released. It requires magnetic containment fields on an order of magnitude humanity is still incapable of producing now to prevent it from reacting in such a way to AIR, much less the kind of thick-packed and clustered matter that most solids consist of.

They PRODUCE antimatter, wouldn't they be immune to it, then?

I find this comment pretty amusing in and of itself.

Wise Man said they aren't in the storyline, anyway.

Which is why you need to shut up about them now.

BTW- Who's had nightmares about Jayari since you guys know about them now?

Oh yeah. Fictional creatures with no coherent physical description which gain new and impossibly powerful abilities whenever someone claims to their 11-year-old inventor that any man of woman born could possibly do any harm to one of them in any way. Gives me chills.

And replace all the IC stuff that have Jayari with Nephilites instead. Jayari are god-characters.

There is a reason most RPs forbid god-characters. You should put some effort into learning what that reason is.

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #347
Jayari aren't made of matter, or anti-matter. They are something in-between. Perhaps they are creatures made of pure energy that have found a way to become solid enough to harm things. Like the Drej from the movie A.E(Something like that.).

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #348
Oh dear. :rolleyes:

Anyway, antimatter is something that should only enter into Sci-Fi, where most people have a remote grasp on the physics involved.

Andt ze Jaiyarie wooudl wien aghaiensd oal thinks; id iss iieven zstronker thann Freeza!! :P

[ Sunday, June 15, 2003 11:00: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #349
The result would still be catastrophically damaging for an energy being.
Come on, Chicken Little. Don't get so ludicrous that even the laws of physics DOG, HERE IS MY FIST you.

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous

Pages