The Sands of Time

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Sands of Time
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #200
quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Sullust:
OOC: I'm still in this, I just don't have time to post as often as the rest. Now onto other things. It wouldn't make sense for BOB to turn a complete stranger into cheese. However, I must also point out, that there are no Avernite soldiers as of yet.
He would've eventually get banished to Avernum, exiled to Exile.

As a trainee he's a kid training to be a dervish for the empire.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Apprentice
Member # 3015
Profile #201
IC: BOB, fearless, and overconfident (left in him from being a demi-god) thoughtlesly tries to cheezify the bears, which in his aroganse he called tedies. However, his spell partly fizzels and the rest hit the darkness. A large part of cheese falls from the darkness leaving the tedies unharmed. Upon closer inspection by the party they realise that the darkness is millions of tiny creatures that act as a protective shield for the tedies.

[ Tuesday, May 27, 2003 07:28: Message edited by: Amon-Ra ]

--------------------
there is no spoon.-The MATRIX has you...
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #202
I believe I am the comrade in trouble... I'm sort of captured by hostile vanahtai warriors and tied up in some unknown location... which pretty much summarized my IC so never mind...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #203
Vaitar-ka manages to navigate through the maze of tunnels to a secluded vahnatai outpost. He meets with the blademaster there and discusses plans for thwarting the expedition of the adventurers.

"It is imperative that we give Rentar enough time to find a permanent solution. In order to do this we must slow the progress of these trouble-makers."

"Indeed. I have already been contacted by our master and I have prepared various plans. Choose whichever meets your desire."

The blademaster pulls out various scrolls and hands them all to the young mage. After briefly examining them all he proceeds to further discuss the chosen plan.

"I believe this plan will work well. However, I am a bit confused as to how we will cause the necessary tunnels to collapse."

"Rentar has given her assistance on this task. She has sent an envoy with a spell book. I was specifically instructed to give it to you if you should require it."

"Then I will begin studying the tome. Prepare your soldiers, we will set out shortly."

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #204
OOC: Firedrake is more of a fighter type character who knows some lesser spells (mostly fire). He's training to become a Bladesmaster (and pick up some spells along the way to augment his weapon skills.)

Firedrake: I'll deal with these.

Focusing some magical energy into his blade, he charges at one of the bear creatures. The creature looks up and braces for the attack. Firedrake swings at the bear creature, hitting it with a Flame Swing, causing the bear to hurt. The bear in return roars and jumps at Firedrake. Firedrake blocks with his shield but notices he left his shield somewhere in the fort. The bear jumps into him, pinning Firedrake to the ground, unable to fight back. The other bear moves in to attack too.

Firedrake: Ouch

Firedrake:

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #205
A precise Ice Bolt ripped through the head of the bear on top of FD, killing it. The warrior looked back, and saw Gynia with her staff pointing in the general direction of the bears.

"I'll handle the other bear," Shadow Wolf said, before throwing four shurikens at the bear (OOC: if you're skilled enough, you CAN throw four shurikens with one hand), two of which hit their marks. He then leaped into the air and stabbed the bear in the back of the head, then pulled the blade out before he could lose his grip on it. "An unexpected stroke of luck," Shadow Wolf muttered before sheathing his sword. "Literally."

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Apprentice
Member # 3015
Profile #206
BOB, seeing FD in trouble, picks up his blade and charges the tedies. First swing he hits the bear's arm cutting it right off. As he tries for a secound swing the bear knocks BOB off his feet and flings him several feet away.

BOB is too hurt to get up, but he manages to turn the armless tedy into cheese as well as most of the surounding 'darkness'.

BOB goes into a deep dreamless sleep, lost countiacness<sp>.

EDIT: OOC: some one revive him and have him do something, I dont have time today for his heroics...

[ Tuesday, May 27, 2003 15:37: Message edited by: Amon-Ra ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #207
Couldn't I just bring in my character(...How about the name..........uhh..........Z.T.), he's a child training to be a dervish, his first assignment to prove himself worthy was to explore the new caves. But his troupe and himself got lost, and were ambushed. Z.T was forced to flee into unknown territory. Well? WWEELLLL??

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #208
OOC: Empire Dervishes weren't trained, they were appointed (for lack of a better word). And kids don't lead armies.

IC:
(i'll do it later)

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #209
No, no, no! He WAS appointed for his unusually high swordskill. His first mission to prove himself to become an OFFICIAL dervish was, you know.

And he was NOT a leader of a troupe, more like a scout.

-OH-NO! DON'T LET THE TOPIC DIE!

[ Thursday, May 29, 2003 11:02: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Mindwarrior ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Apprentice
Member # 3015
Profile #210
TOPIC...

CANN'T...

DIE...

NOT...

YET...

NOOOOOOOOOOO...

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #211
A large pile of rubble stands in front of the small vahnatai scouting party. Vaitar-ka was extremely drained after casting so many spells.

"Very good," the blademaster spoke, "that was the last of the tunnels. Now we'll have them right where we want them."

Vaitar responded to these words, "I'm not sure if I have enough energy to assist you in the battle. I'll do my best, but I can make no guarantees. These rituals are very taxing."

"Do not worry. Because of our diversion they must past through the hydra tunnels first. The drake lord there doesn't like visitors very much. By the time we encounter them they will be too weak to put up much of a struggle."

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #212
OOC: screw the details of blowing the fort open.

IC:
After what seemed like an eternity, the party rescued Sir David, and made it through the Vahnatai fort. They came into two cave entrances, one large, the other small. They tried the large one, but somehow it was collapsed. So they went through the small entrance, with Motrax barely able to fit inside...

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #213
Couldn't I bring in the character I'm making a backround for? His name is Zephyr(His nickname, anyway...), the Emporer/ess saw him swordfighting in the courtyard for fun, he was to good at parrying and had some blademaster skill(But not much.). S/he said:"Hmmm......that child may become an invaluable dervish...", his/her advisor said:"But your honor, he is a mere child."

So, the emporer/ess gave him a mission to see if he was worthy to become a dervish, which was to help a group to explore the new-found caves.

He was to slay 25 monsters, explore 18 sub-caves, and sail or swim in/on 5 underground lakes. Once he did this, he could return with proof, then once he was old enough, he would become a dervish.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #214
OOC: why the hell did JV HAVE to call that the 'Blademaster' skill... we're in for plenty of confusion as soon as FB stops caring and shoves his new demigod character in.

IC:
(i = braindead. i'll do it later)

--------------------
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #215
OOC: To put it quite simply FB, this is the time of the first expedition. No children would have been sent down. Also, how would the ruler of a nation know how well someone fights unless someone else tells them or they themselves were a warrior at one point. So, having the ruler decide to arbitrarily send a child down to Avernum, on their own counsel and nobody else's, would be a quick way to piss off the populace. Meanwhile, the weapons-master's career is ruined as he is blamed for training such a child so young, when he himself has had to chase the boy out to keep him from stealing swords to play with.

To put it bluntly, NO!

IC: Nicodemus casts a spell to seek out the vahnatai troops, and instead detects several large reptiles. Informing everyone of this fact, Nico prepares some of his defensive spells.

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #216
Ok, then. How about a kid hoping to become a dervish, and then sneaks down into Avernum/Exile to train, unknown. He's good with swords, he's, obviously, sneaky. His nickname is Zephyr.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Apprentice
Member # 3015
Profile #217
Even though I'm new and my opinion doesn't carry much respect, I still say NO. You try to hard, them forget about some limit you put on your self and declare yourself god.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #218
This one won't be able to cast spells.

WHY NOT!!!!????

-Look, we can strike a deal if I can bring this charater in.

Someone just start a Geneforge rp.....

[ Sunday, June 01, 2003 13:07: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Mindwarrior ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #219
Go ahead, it will probably be locked though because I find that no one here is very forgiving. If I had any power I would say ok and help you with it, but I don't have power and I don't have any ideas so I can't help you with it.

BTW, my character was not in the fort. He's in some other cave. Sorry for not explaining that.

IC: Sir David slew dragon after dragon, the flame simply reflecting off his beautiful plate mail, as he rescued the beautiful princess who whispered into his ear, "Get up, you slimy roach."

Sir David woke from his dream to find himself surrounded by well-armed vanahtai warriors and a mage, the one who had spoken. His eyes sparkled as the ropes magically fell from his body, then gasped in pain as the mage struck him on the head. "Don't even think about it," said that mage, who then paralyzed all but his mouth. Several warriors grabbed him roughly and carried him out into a hall as he babbled on, asking who they were, why he was there, etc. He was ignored. Then they turned a corner and brought him before a towering blue crystal. Sir David gasped in awe at the beautiful stone before him - then shrieked in pain. His brain felt as if it were on fire. Then he heard the voice - Who are you? asked the crystal.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #220
OOC: FB, in both RP's I've been in, you've tried to bring in your all-powerful, invincible characters. Stop, just stop. If you want to join an RP so badly, go make your own. I feel that you keep ruining my RP experiance with your 10-15 posts a day and invincible, annoying characters.

Firedrake pauses for a minute. One sec. Invoking magical energy, Firedrake casts one of the few spells he knows, and prepares to banish FB from this RP forever! Firedrake casts Vortex of Banishment on the troublesome kid and he is gone!

OOC:(This has nothing to do with the plot of this RP)

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #221
I made 2 rps, both were closed.

Ok, if I can't bring in Zephyr, could I bring in MYSELF?

[ Sunday, June 01, 2003 17:20: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Mindwarrior ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #222
OOC: and now, we shall have plot forwardation.

IC:
The party was surprisingly not attacked by the hydras and other cave reptiles as they moved through the cave. Eventually they reached a huge dome-shaped cavern, with a drake lord in the middle.

"I have detected you long ago, warriors. Do you want your deaths fast or slow? Or do you want to fight before you die?"

--------------------
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #223
Firedrake: And just who might you be? You should watch how you talk to me or you might just find yourself dead.

OOC: Who is the person threatening us? I'd add more but I don't know who it is.

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #224
OOC: it's the Drake Lord. i was tired to the point of braindeath when i posted that, which is why it wasn't specified.

IC:
"If you want to duel with us, drake, then so be it." Shadow Wolf gripped his sword by the handle (if there's a special term, i don't know it), half-drawn. The drake lord actually seemed mildly interested in his weapon. The blademaster noticed the fact. "In case you're curious, I wield the Silentstriker," he informed.

Even if this drake lord is nowhere near as powerful as the Great Demon, this can get ugly, Shadow Wolf thought. But at least Gynia is here.

The drake lord laughed. "Even with a special weapon, do you actually think that you, a ragtag band of oddities, can defeat me? You'd stand a chance if old Motrax weren't shrunken. Just try to make this interesting."

"To me, you are just large game," Shadow Wolf insulted. The drake lord replied with an outraged roar and a powerful breath of fire, which was neutralized by a wave of water from Gynia...

OOC: that's right, now we fight the drake lord.

[ Monday, June 02, 2003 12:53: Message edited by: Infamous Wise Man ]

--------------------
--------------------

Pages