I've made a script / story

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: I've made a script / story
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #350
quote:
Kelandon: That's a nice little bit of scripting, Niemand. Nikki, hurry up. We don't have much time.

Nikki: I'm almost done.

quote:

Nikki: Okay. I'm finished. I'm just worried that it's not good enough.

Kelandon: It'll be fine. Let's go before it's too late.

...Brilliant.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #351
quote:
Originally written by Slartucker:

What, as opposed to all the other deaths, all of which had big fat points :P

Big fat points are not as effective as slender ones.

--------------------
I am a mater of time and how .

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #352
By Shuan Wuan:
quote:
By Dintiradan:
quote:
By Dikiyoba:
quote:
Third, if you haven't seen yourself appear and would like to, either post in this forum or PM me so that I know. If you don't, you may die as a lurker.
Don't. My Legions of Terror are small enough as is, I can't afford them to get any smaller.
Fool this isn't about whether your army is small or not,it's about the survival of Jeff and what happens to the General Forum.
When was the last time you meet an altruistic Evil Overlord?

--------------------
Nested quotes are fun!
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #353
This is a very good script, but I rarely say 'woohoo!'. And I also see that I haven't appeared as often as I'd like.

I can't wait to read more!

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #354
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

quote:
By Shuan Wuan:
quote:
By Dintiradan:
quote:
By Dikiyoba:
Third, if you haven't seen yourself appear and would like to, either post in this forum or PM me so that I know. If you don't, you may die as a lurker.
Don't. My Legions of Terror are small enough as is, I can't afford them to get any smaller.
Fool this isn't about whether your army is small or not,it's about the survival of Jeff and what happens to the General Forum.
When was the last time you meet an altruistic Evil Overlord?

--------------------
Nested quotes are fun!

FYQuote Tags

[ Tuesday, March 21, 2006 09:08: Message edited by: Infernal666hate ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #355
That FYT was completely unnecessary... quote pyramids are bad.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #356
Well I have to get my post count up somehow

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Shock Trooper
Member # 125
Profile #357
Spammers will sell you herbal supplements to increase your post count. Have you tried any of those?

Oh, you might want to watch the side effects on those, though. May cause canning, nerve damage, or death, followed by zombiefication. Then you become one of the spammers too, mindlessly posting in a futile attempt to find some brains for sustenance. It's hopeless, so you wither away after several long years of pain and anguish (yes, even as a spam zombie). You begin to "die" again, pathetically unnoticed and alone in a foul corner of the forums, and as your mostly decomposed body rots off your bones you mindlessly think to yourself, "...brains... if only.. I.. hadn't.. cared..about.. post count..... braaains.... brai... br... b... b......" Your mindless capacity for thought degenerates, but you are kept in a cruel state of unlife for many months until the second end finally comes. Even then, you receive no rest, as the innumerable shards of your identity are flung to the winds, and you are condemned for eternity to wait and watch, selfless, mindless and hopeless.

We wouldn't want that to happen, would we?

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #358
Crokle sure seems down on post enhancers. We all know that there is scientific evidence proving that they have NO side effects. Besides, they are all natural. What easier way to gain a little well earned respect from the neighborhood?

Nice script Dikiyoba, but it seems that each forum goes down a little quicker than the last. I hope that the grand finale in General is as big a bang as it deserves.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #359
I hope that it goes out with a BIG bang. Basically I'm hoping that the big finale in the General Forum ends the life of the Ur-Noob. What's more, in the end it would be cool if the spirits of all the dead Spiderwebbers, like Alorael, attack the noob army. It would be a good way to have all us dead guys get our revenge. Oh and also, maybe someone could ressurect us without being undead or whatever.

--------------------
Constitutional monarchies are the in monarchies.
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #360
I'm just happy I'm not dead yet.

And for your information, I did not go around punching things whilst playing G3 as a pacifist. I dazed them and ran like hell.

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #361
Didn't you say you punched two worms in the school basement, though?

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #362
That was a) in my original game as a Guardian that I abandoned and b) necessary because the little buggers surrounded me.

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #363
Originally by Wise Man:

quote:
It looks like almost every oldbie/active member is dead...
There is irony in this statement due to the fact that Wise Man has not died yet.

--------------

There is no new scene today. I've been thinking about Act 7, Scene 5 some. I came to the realization that I didn't like it and it didn't make sense. So I changed the last 6 or 7 lines of Scene 4 and rewrote most of Scene 5.(Sorry. Now you have to reread it. I apologize.) But besides the fact that I didn't like it, there's also another reason that it had to be rewritten:

quote:
Dikiyoba is alone in a small room, sitting at a desk, looking thoughtful.

Dikiyoba: Dikiyoba wonders what Dikiyoba will do today.

The ur-noob enters.

Dikiyoba: Oh no! What are you doing here? This isn't even part of the script.

Ur-noob: ACT SEVEN SCENE FIVE WAS SO LAME! IT WAS LOGICALLY FLAWED! THE PLOT SUCKED! THE WHOLE THING WAS STUPID AND IT WASN'T EVEN FUNNY!

Dikiyoba: So?

Ur-noob: SO IF YOU DON'T CHANGE IT, I WILL KILL YOU!

Dikiyoba: But Dikiyoba knows that you will kill me anyway. Why does it matter?

Ur-noob: IF YOU DON'T CHANGE IT, I WILL KILL YOU NOW!

Dikiyoba: Good point. Dikiyoba will change it.

Ur-noob: GOOD!

The ur-noob exits.

Dikiyoba: Well, Dikiyoba knows what to do today. Dikiyoba will rewrite Act 7, Scene 5.

Dikiyoba immediately grabs a pen and starts writing.
------------

Dikiyoba.

[ Tuesday, March 21, 2006 16:44: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #364
About realism, you do have a poetic lisense. Who says that in a universe where people live on a message board banning isn't as permanent as death is in our world? Your world doesn't even have the same laws of physics as ours. (As far as I know, living stick figures aren't very realistic either. :) ) Drakey banning himself was a pretty good scene and went well with the spirit of your script. I am not saying to switch it back, but for future reference, you don't have to change your script just because somebody thinks it's unrealistic.

EDIT: Says the person who edits every post he makes. :) (Although in 90% of cases it's just typos.)

[ Tuesday, March 21, 2006 17:21: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #365
The possibilities are endless now. As long as one mod remains alive, we can engage in guerrilla warfare, get banned just as we are about to die, and get un-banned in a safe place.

Dikiyoba, this abandoned mining town I've gone to: is it filled with supernatural fog, complete with wraiths that materialize out of it, hungry for your eternal soul? Everywhere I look, I see more and more parallels to my scenario.

--------------------
When on the highway of life, remember to stop and smell the roses. While you're doing that, I'll just be here looking through your stuff.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #366
Your probably just paranoid. THe first town in GF2 is a mining town in the mountains, but Jeff isn't stealing your idead, or is he? Oh and, thanks for the scenario idea.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #367
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

Nor am I.

—Arancaytar, who in lieu of Alorael (who is apparently dead) will mention that permabans are no harder to lift than temporary bans. Artistic licence might apply, but still.

I cough pointedly at thee!

—Alorael, who does not suffer his fictional counterpardpgnk
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #368
quote:
Originally written by AlO RLY?:

—Alorael, who does not suffer his fictional counterpardpgnk
Who, pray tell, is your fictional counterpardpgnk?

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #369
quote:
Originally written by AlO RLY?:

counterpardpgnk
Priceless.

Drakefyre coming back isn't as...dramatic as the old script. Anyway, will Zephyr Tempest return? :P

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #370
Originally by Alorael:

quote:
counterpardpgnk
That is clearly the sound of Alorael's head hitting the keyboard as he loses consciousness. His last act was to hit the "Add reply" button in hopes that we would save him. Alas, poor Alorael.

Dikiyoba.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #371
I was quite surprised to see that I and Wanderer were not fighting alongside with Dintiradan.

Oh well. Maybe I'll get to live after all. :P
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #372
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Originally by Alorael:

quote:
counterpardpgnk
That is clearly the sound of Alorael's head hitting the keyboard as he loses consciousness. His last act was to hit the "Add reply" button in hopes that we would save him. Alas, poor Alorael.

Dikiyoba.

I had simply guessed that it was random interference from someone/something else in the room. Or just a horrendous typo brought on by a near-death experience.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #373
Dikiyoba got up the next scene.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #374
Originally by RedwallKing:

quote:
Dikiyoba got up the next scene.
Hey! That's Dikiyoba's job! *Dikiyoba grumbles about Dikiyoba's lousy Internet connection while waiting for it to return long enough to post this reply.*

-----------

Anyway, Act 8, Scene 1 is up.

-----------

I also made a few edits to Act 1 to include more members. The additions are below in bold.

Act 1, Scene 1:

quote:

The forum is very quiet. Alorael is stitching his next moniker into a quilt square. Thuryl is secretly posting and deleting, to make up for the days he missed last month. Saunders is eating a sandwich. Kelandon is instant messenging Marlenny. Drakefyre is deciding which detail of Geneforge 4 to release, and also is deciding whether to check it for accuracy or not. Schrodinger is busy adding to the Avernum 4 walkthrough. Imban is busy being eveyone everywhere, though it looks suspiciously like meditating. Suddenly, Delicious Vlish runs in.
Act 1, Scene 2:

quote:
Kelandon: Next! Well, you look fine. No blemishes on your account. Of course, you haven't ever posted. And you look fine too. Just came here for technical help? Sorry about all this. Shaper Lord, what do you have to say for yourself?

Shaper Lord: This forum is stupid. I don't see why anyone would waste their time attacking it, let alone defending it.

Kelandon: Well, you don't have to. But you won't get any more chances to insult it, either.

Shaper Lord disappears in a cloud of smoke.
Drakefyre enters.
-----------

Edit: Oh yeah. I also changed Eddie's name to Commander Eddie. That's all. For now.

[ Wednesday, March 22, 2006 19:14: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]

Pages