Runescape anyone?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Runescape anyone?
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #25
The problem is Avernum and Geneforge have no multiplayer function, and don't have new features added all the time, so they have less replay value. Now if Jeff were to make a Geneforge: Online or something like that, It'd be totally cool.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #26
Ok. So I had heard of Runescape before and never played it nor it appealed to me. However, I decided to give it a try (it's free afterall) today. Now here I am, a combat lvl 3, total lvl 32 with some cool items, and even a cooler outfit thanks to my friend Alex.
Feel free to add me: Marlenny.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #27
Marlenny, can I give you some self-made items? I can't make anything better then iron at the moment, but do you want a nice cape? (It are the small things that attract me, not so much the slaying and killing, but the baking of a cake, the wearing of a cape...). I'd be delighted to make things for somebody. That's the one thing that I really enjoy.

BTW, Marlenny, in which world are you ussually?

[ Thursday, October 20, 2005 00:13: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #28
Now, how sweet is this? I think someone has a lil' crush on our Marlenny. But someone is also clearly just a really nice and generous fellow. Nice to see. Very nice.

And that's all I have to say about that.

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #29
A crush? no, sorry, no. I just like to give friends some self made stuff. To start them off, you know? I only give free items to people I know, though. Not to strangers. Strangers I ussualy charge gold, but if that don't have gold, I make them to give something that's twice as valuable as what I give them. But seriously, marlenny, if you want anything, please just ask, okay?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #30
IMAGE(http://www.userfriendly.org/cartoons/archives/05aug/uf008219.gif)

Illiad has a new fan. :P

[ Thursday, October 20, 2005 00:41: Message edited by: Atrus ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Warrior
Member # 6368
Profile Homepage #31
good on ya :D heres the rules i think you follow them already practicly

EDIT: Let's not randomly post RuneScape's CoC here.

[ Thursday, October 20, 2005 20:40: Message edited by: Imban ]

--------------------
MMORPG developed by jagex ltd. Join RuneScape.com today!

hawk kings editor edited by me for geneforge 2
http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=000906#00 0000
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #32
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

Marlenny, can I give you some self-made items? I can't make anything better then iron at the moment, but do you want a nice cape? (It are the small things that attract me, not so much the slaying and killing, but the baking of a cake, the wearing of a cape...). I'd be delighted to make things for somebody. That's the one thing that I really enjoy.

BTW, Marlenny, in which world are you ussually?

Sure I'd love to. I've only played once (last night), and not for long since I had school this morning (meaning waking up at 4:30am). Therefore, I only got to finished the tutorial. The only world I've played is 85 I think, and I'll see if I can get online to play it tonight if my lil brother doesn't bug me a lot about using the pc. However, I'll def add you to my friend list.

Ps. To Synergy: Um, have you ever heard about that little thing called "being nice" or that other one called "wanting to help out"????. Not everything involves flirting or crushes. My God.

Edit: Right now the time in here is 12:25pm. I'll be online in about 8 to 9 hours.

[ Thursday, October 20, 2005 07:24: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #33
I'll see you there then. What time will I meet you? I'm in holland, and there the time is at the moment 18:25 (pacific time is listed above the post). What time can I expect you? I'll be in world 67 by the way at around 19:30 (european time). Before I can give you anything, I need to know what you already have, so first time we meet, I still wouldn't have anything for you.

EDIT: Looks like times wouldn't match. When you'll be logged in, I would most probably be fast asleep.

[ Thursday, October 20, 2005 08:21: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #34
quote:
Originally written by Marlenny:

Um, have you ever heard about that little thing called "being nice" or that other one called "wanting to help out"????. Not everything involves flirting or crushes.

It doesn't? What fun is that?

quote:
I'll be in world 67
Good choice!

[ Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:47: Message edited by: Synergy67 ]

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #35
Edit: Trust me, you def didn't want to see that post.

[ Thursday, October 20, 2005 12:01: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #36
So, where should I go to meet any Spiderwebber whatsoever? 37? 81? 85? 67? I wouldn't want to switch back and forth all the time to see who's online.

Also, I'm level 10 and still not fed up with it. Scary. It's a low-quality game with at best an unrealistic and repetitive gameplay (try killing chickens while chatting to their owner, or slaughtering random townsfolk and then burying the bones to get a shiny karma). The constant "FREE STUF PLZZZZZZZ!!!111" messages from my fellow players do not help either. And yet I continue to play. I suppose it's the standard mmorpg syndrome.

--------------------
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #37
If you actually start doing quests (especially if you have some one of similar level doing them with you) the game can actually move up to the realm of mild fun.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #38
This game is very addictive for the same reason as many even simpler games: "just one more level to do thing X". At the start, when level advancement is frequent, the game is fun and addictive. Later, when it takes hours and then days to get to the next level, people realize that the gameplay is incredibly repetitive and quit. As for player base, it's a free game with a very simple gameplay, where you get to "kill stuff to get phat loot" and show off how 1337 you are, so what sorts of players did you expect?

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Apprentice
Member # 5555
Profile #39
If someone tells me to "follow me for free stuff", should I ignore him, follow him, or trust my instinct and tell him in no uncertain terms to cut the bull and quit trying to scam me?
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #40
The third one. Then report them for scamming

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #41
I doubt I actually will see one of you. I'm logged in around 9:30 AM pacific time (isn't that about 12:30 PM for the ones living at the east coast of the US?). Maybe we could try to meet now and then, and I'll be ALWAYS in world 67. That's were I see ussually most of the friends I already have.

About the gameplay: I'm level 22, and already I start to feel I have to do morew then I'm doing now, or else I'll die of boredom. slaying farmers and goblins is really boring eventually. I should explore other parts of the map, actually.

Atrus, if we could meet, I could give you all kinds of nice stuff, like I'll give Marlenny. We'll just have to see when we can meet.

About following people for free stuff: WATCH OUT. I once followed somebody who said "his friend" had an adamantite plate mail for me. When he entered the wilderness I stopped following him and went back. He definetely wanted to kill me.

[ Thursday, October 20, 2005 22:50: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 5555
Profile #42
quote:

About following people for free stuff: WATCH OUT. I once followed somebody who said "his friend" had an adamantite plate mail for me. When he entered the wilderness I stopped following him and went back. He definetely wanted to kill me.
That is sort of what I thought as well.

So you can fight other PCs in the wilderness? Because you apparently can't in the area I've been in so far. Which means trying to sucker newbies to follow you into the wilderness must be a very popular way of scamming.

And call me uncaring, but the guys who keep shouting "FREE STUF PLZZZZZZZ!!!111" deserve no better. It's like with the Nigeria connection - most people who fall for it are stupid or greedy or both.

[ Thursday, October 20, 2005 23:08: Message edited by: lightningmaster2016 ]
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #43
What was your username again? maybe we could meet. It seems that you post at the same times as I, so maybe we'll be logged in at Runescape at the same time.

I wouldn't call you uncaring at all, beacsue I feel the same as you. i hate it when people come up to me for free stuff, or some idiots that keep following you around because they want to knwo where you got your armor. No, I hate these people that ask free stuff. Free stuff I ONLY give to people I know, and even then I sometimes charge them.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 577
Profile Homepage #44
I'm actually a player moderator on RuneScape!

(someone really should make a BoE/BoA version of RuneScape)

--------------------
Please visit my website: http://geocities.com/dchia1010

my forums: http://freechat.tk
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #45
If you meant me, my username is Arancaytar. I'll try to be on some time from 16:00 GMT-20:00 GMT tonight, on world 67, or the same time tomorrow.

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #46
quote:
Originally written by Atrus:

IMAGE(http://www.userfriendly.org/cartoons/archives/05aug/uf008219.gif)

Illiad has a new fan. :P

Illiad still sucks.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #47
No he does not.

---

You weren't expecting an actual rebuttal to a non-existant argument, I trust?

--------------------
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #48
To Thralni: I'm online right now, just saw you online as well. Feel like playing Runescape?

Edit: sure, I'll come tomorrow and hour earlier. That would be at 1:10pm

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 09:29: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #49
I don't knwo if Í can at the moment, but I'll try. Maybe tomorrow, you can come online an hour or half an hour earlier? It would make it much easier for me to meet you, and believe me, I'm dying to meet you, or any other fellow Spiderwebber.

For everybody:

Time your likely to see me: 18:30 GMT
Username: Benthol
Were: Around Varrock, Lumbride or Draynor village
world: most probably 67

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 22:15: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!

Pages