Runescape anyone?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Runescape anyone?
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #150
Yea, giving out free iron to friends doesn't mean much anyway, since it doesn't cost much to buy from the shop and all. Not to mention, you can make iron plate at level 30 smithing :)

On a related note, apparently I need 770 coals and half that in iron to get to my new goal of 50 smithing. Oh joy... :(

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #151
That's nothing, I could mine that much coal in a day at the miner's guild, and I already have 1000 iron.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #152
Don't forget that i'm still at level 34, so to make full iron armor for somebody, I do find quite an achievement.

Pity that I couldn't slay the vampire. I'm going to make myself a steel sword. Maybe that will help a bit.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #153
An bring loads of food with you. I had probably my inv full of fish when going against the vampire, and I was probably around the same level. Of course, my equipment may not have been the very best, but still.. managed :)

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #154
Make sure you have garlic. If you don't it's like impossible to beat him.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #155
Don't forget the stake and the hammer.

Oh, and scimitars > longswords.

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #156
Scimitars are faster than longswords, but not stronger. And personally, I think they look worse than longswords.

--------------------

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #157
Well, longswords seem to give about 10-20% more power, but they also have the same attack speed as a battle axe. Which is much slower than that of a scimitar. But, well, it's my personal preference, so whatever.

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #158
Actually, longswords are faster than a battle axe. Probably 20% faster. In the end, it all comes down to personal preference.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #159
the two handed swords do more damage but i think are one of the slowest

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #160
The 2-hander is the slowest of all weapons.

EDIT: nevermind, I sold the shield.

[ Wednesday, November 02, 2005 20:40: Message edited by: Wise Man ]

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #161
Eagle, I found it very nice to meet you. Can we meet again today at the same time? Sorry if yesterday I seemed to be reacting very slowly, but that was because while talking to you, I had my mother behind me who wished to know everything about the game. As a result I talked to two people simulteaniously. Also, thankls for offering to send me the samples you were talking about. Some day I'll send you an audio file (yes, an audio file. Printmusic 2006 can save audiofiles!) of what I made of it. Would you want that?

EDIT: I almost forgot to say I also liked to meet you guys, Wise man and Alex! I'll see if we can meet again. Now I know around which time you guys are logged in. Its around 14:30 GMT, I think.

[ Wednesday, November 02, 2005 23:13: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #162
Haha, that is right; I am much nicer in live conversation! :)

Regarding your request:
We will see about that. You see, I live in a boardering school and Thursday is the cleaning day, so I may be much too busy. Also, the computer is shared so I must negotiate with the other for it. I probably can get to play for some hour or two. By the way, I also have friends who are like, um, socially addicted to me, I may choose to leave to socialize with them, or, ehum, her (you get it, her ;) ).

However, I will have lots of time for it on Saturday and perhaps, if my home travelling allows, on Friday. However, I will probably be tired then and naturally prefering to go to bed instead of playing online games. It takes over four hours of busses and train travels to get back to my original home, Tjorn.

Well, if I get the chance later, I would be happy to get to know where I can find a fishing spot for shrimps and where I can sell my tin ores which I fild my pockets over the edge with. (which I also, to train my mining ability, littered around everywhere I went in search of a store to sell them at.).

P.S. I found the trading conduct of the community very strange. They just traded something without negotiation. I gained poison, feathers, bronze daggers and lumber for 8 bolts and 10 gold. I am not sure who ripped who. :rolleyes:
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #163
Friday I'm busy: orchestra rehearsal, so i won't have time on any Friday. On Saturday I mau have time, but at the moment I'm not so sure. I think I probably will have, at least in the evening.

About the trading: Um... you CAN buy that, but why? Its all very useless actually. I think that those bolts are with the ten coins more worth, so you were probably pipped off. Bronze daggers I think you should try to sell at a sword shop, because nobody else who know the game will buy it from you. Feathers and poison? I don't know what to do with it, but certainly feathers you can just pick up everywhere at a chicken farm.

Fishing spots you can find at the river, flowing near Draynor village (the village were you got lossed). Tin ore. I didn't have the time to tell you about an other place. tin ore by itself is almost useless and you won't get much money for it. I recommend dumping half of what you have in your bank account, and go to the other mining place near Varrock. To be more precise: go back to the mining place I showed you. Then walk to the road and the city gate closest to you. You'll pass the "champions guild" on your way. Now go along the walls, passing the hill with the strange stone-henge like stones on it. The hill also has some dark wizards running around on it. Don't get close to them, as they will certainly blast you away if you are under their level. Now walk on. Eventually you'll get to a mining place with copper and tin. Now fill up your inventory with copper. Now you've got copper and tin. now go to the furnace in Lumbridge, and smelt the two together. You'll get e bar of bronze. Now go back to Varrock and find an anvil, were you can make something out of the bronze bars you just made. I we can meet, I'll show you everything you need to do.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #164
Ah, yes, I see. I downloaded the world map and checked the areas. It is that mining spot at the southeast corner of Varrock, eh? I get it. Yeah, I checked out every document and thingy on the website (except the pointless side histories of RuneScape.). Unless I decide to visit Sanna, I should be able to play around 7-9, I'll negotiate with Martin as it is usually he who need the computer in the evening.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #165
Okay. I how to see you then around 7:30. Earlier then that I won't be able too (trombone lessons). I will be logged on probably between 7:30 and 8:15. I hope to see you, but if not, we'll meet another time.

EDIT: Many times people do negotiate. You probably just found some noob who thinks he has the best items and wants everything people are prepared to give him, or it was somebody clever who saw a newbie and thought he could easily rip him off. Be careful.

[ Thursday, November 03, 2005 04:44: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #166
quote:
Now fill up your inventory with copper. Now you've got copper and tin. now go to the furnace in Lumbridge,
Never use the furnace in Lumbridge for smelting. It's innefficient. Go to Falador to semlt, they have 2 banks, a furnace and a huge mine with every ore but silver and rune. Plus they have the crafting guild not too far away if you have 40 crafting.

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #167
Are there differences between furnaces? I use Lumbridge becasue its close. Does Falador have really everything, or does it only have a furnace and mining place? Is their an anvil there? And then one last question: Is the mining place their really big?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #168
No city has everything close together - that ruins the fun in running around so much. Usually mines and furnaces are very far apart, and so are furnaces and anvils. Mines and anvils, funnily enough, are often quite close.

So instead of doing everything at once, you first mine huge amounts of ore and bank it, then you go to a foundry close to a bank and smelt it all, then you go to a smithy close to a bank and smith it.

These are the mining places I use for iron:

- Southwest of Varrock
- Southeast of Varrock
- Dwarven Mine

In order of preference; if one of them is flooded by players, I go to the next.

The banks are relatively close except for the last one (which is in Falador).

The furnace that's closest to a bank I know is the one in Falador.

The smithy that's closest to a bank I know is in Varrock.

[ Thursday, November 03, 2005 05:52: Message edited by: NaNoWriMo ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #169
It's the largest one in the game if I recall correctly. And the distance to Falador is around the same distance to Lumbridge (from Varrock). Actually the best place to smelt is in Al-Kharid, because the bank is really close to the furnace. However, they don't have an anvil anywhere nearby, where Falador has anvils in the mine.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #170
It's extremely inefficient to try to process the ore as you mine it. Even in Al-Kharid, the mine and furnace are not so close that it isn't quicker to mine in Varrock and smelt in Falador, and bank in the meantime.

Depending on how much you make at once, of course. I often mine several hundred pieces of ore, and you could theoretically make far more - the bank has no limit on amounts of the same item, as I recall.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #171
Then everybody will able to find me in Falador as of tonight. Thanks for the tip, Eldibs.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #172
No problem, Thralni.

Personally, I like to work with around enough ore to make 1000 bars at a time, because at lvl 52 smithing, I takes forever to level.

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #173
I decided I'd stik with Lumbridge and Varrock. Its simply more choice closer to each other. In Falador the selection of ores was actually quite small, and the rocks were quite strange. I saw that there was only iron. for Coal I would still have to walk quite far. So as od tonight, people can still find me in Varrock or Lumbridge. Unless there is a place where one can find coal, iron, a furnace and a bank in one town, I'll go there. otherwise its not really worth it. Thanks anyway, Eldibs. By the way, is there any chance we can meet?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #174
Edgeville. You just have to stomach the Skeletons and Hobgoblins unless you're level 56 and up :)

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.

Pages