Runescape anyone?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Runescape anyone?
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #350
It was an approximation, Spring.

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #351
quote:
Originally written by Spring:

The life expectancy in Germany is 78?

EDIT: Wikipedia doesn't seem to provide an answer, and searching 'Life expectancy in Germany' has gay rights in Germany as its first search result.

I said "much more". Are you sure you're going to get to 80?

[ Tuesday, December 20, 2005 04:29: Message edited by: An array cat ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #352
Right now Runescape seems to be having lots of problems.Last i checked about 25 servers were down.

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Warrior
Member # 5802
Profile #353
Tell me. Since the Chrismas update, It's logged me out a few times and it kicked me from my account for a day!

Oh, Feel free to add me on dragonsca838

[ Wednesday, December 21, 2005 12:10: Message edited by: Archmage Mycroft ]

--------------------
If Skribbane dosn't kill me, canisters will.

"You suck." - TM
Apprentice
Member # 6606
Profile #354
My username is Zezima.

I have no life
Warrior
Member # 6368
Profile Homepage #355
your not zezima because i asked him if he knew about spiderweb software...

--------------------
MMORPG developed by jagex ltd. Join RuneScape.com today!

hawk kings editor edited by me for geneforge 2
http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=000906#00 0000
Apprentice
Member # 6606
Profile #356
No, I'm not. But I still have no life.

EDIT: spelling

[ Sunday, December 25, 2005 08:54: Message edited by: Lorendus ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #357
Why did you say you were Zezima then? :P

And can someone tell me what it is with these "baubles" that you get by shaking the imps? I've heard about some kind of tree, but have no clue where it is.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #358
It's in Varrock. But you need to paint them and put them into crates first, which has to be done in Draynor. Talk to the toy store owner, he'll send you on a quest to help his pixies with toy making.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #359
quote:
Originally by lightningmaster2016: I won't use IE even if I'm paid for it
I use IE and am quite happy with it. Ah, the results of being forced to use AOL...

Dikiyoba who hates AOL but is too lazy to change the e-mail.

Edit: Adding stuff

quote:
Originally by OMGwtfshediedkthnxbai: ...And Kingdom of Loathing beats all others!
I play that game too. I almost totally agree with you. The only problem is that its over the Internet, so a slow connection really kills you.

[ Sunday, December 25, 2005 22:22: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #360
quote:
Originally written by Infernal666hate:

It's in Varrock. But you need to paint them and put them into crates first, which has to be done in Draynor. Talk to the toy store owner, he'll send you on a quest to help his pixies with toy making.
No, apparently the ones you get off the imps are painted. Since they still need to be crated however, the shop in Draynor needs a visit anyway.

[ Monday, December 26, 2005 00:10: Message edited by: Gandalf the Green ]

--------------------
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #361
I figured it was easier and faster to make all the baubles over in Draynor, instead of bugging the imps. At least, I only got random useless stuff from them. And don't forget to do the marionets, either.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #362
The problem is that I'm already low on bank space, and now I need a place to stow away those heaps of hats and scarves. :rolleyes:

I fought for some coal today. You can't call that kind of thing mining when eight players share four rocks... I got off lucky in the end. An adamant pickaxe is worth its price.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6368
Profile Homepage #363
so is a rune one :D

--------------------
MMORPG developed by jagex ltd. Join RuneScape.com today!

hawk kings editor edited by me for geneforge 2
http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=000906#00 0000
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #364
What's even more useful would be the guild although I'm still 6 lvls away and have no idea as to how long it'll take me to make into there. For some reason, I honestly can't stand mining at all.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #365
There's good skill counters over at Runetips, which tell you how many points you need until new level, and how many of *something* you need to mine to get there. Say, from level 50 to 55 you'd need about 166,665 experience more (approx.), and say you're mining iron for training purposes, so you'd have to mine 1862 ores. Coal is perhaps better for that, though, but it's a lot easier over at member's.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #366
Argh. For some reason my adamant pickaxes keep breaking. Not just breaking, but actually the heads keep flying off the handle.

I can never find the heads... do they get dropped somewhere, or are they gone? Laws of physics would dictate that when a pickaxe flies off the handle, the head would land somewhere.

Anyway, it's the second time the pickaxe broke and now it'll take hours of playing before I can afford one again. :rolleyes: Don't think I should bother either. The profit from smithing doesn't begin to cover the constant cost of buying new pickaxes.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6565
Profile #367
I'm a bit late here but no matter...

I'm playing Runescape it's a while... I actually enjoy it very much, the way the skills get expanded and complicated. It plays with my greed to reach new abilities and expand my character. And the way I have to calculate what to buy and what to fetch to train a skill to a desired level etc. And I like the team, they're so hardworking and talented and are well in contact with players (recently talked to their musician in forums :) ). And I like the world and its stories, did all but two quests so far.
Fashion is of course another way to occupy yourself with but that's sometimes ridiculously costly and pointless, and marks you as a target for beggars anyways. Playerkilling is also fun for those who do it, but if you don't behave you're likely to get hacked sooner or later. And, say, the way your heart beats when searching for a treasure alone in wilderness... I like the impression it's part of the fun.

A few times early in the game I was harrassed so much that was going to quit. It was the first time I had met so many rude little brats at the same place lol (I love the way Jagex humour on them by the way). The community is young, but once you learn how to deal with bullies and disappoint jerks you'll be allright. For example don't ask questions from strangers, ask friends or search yourself, and know the prices before you trade stuff those who're hawking in bank are mostly overpriced sellers or underpriced buyers. When you're a bit advanced in lvl they'll automatically leave you alone anyways. Now I'm playing peacefully most of the time and am learning that decent people are not rare, they just mind their own business. edit: removed rs id to avoid search engine bots.

[ Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:42: Message edited by: gnoll ]
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #368
Aran... it just flies some distance off. You know the little map in the top right corner? You know how items show up as red dots on it? -_-; You should've just looked at the map and it would've shown you were the damn part landed.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #369
Gah. Now I know why that guy was so keen on getting my pickaxe handle. He'd picked up the head himself before I noticed where it'd gone.

And now I can't buy a new one either. Argh.

--------------------
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #370
Oh, Aran. :\ I'm sort of inclined to think of you as... newb. Tsk tsk.

Want a new one? I could afford two runes currently. A hint though, willow logs sell pretty well, and it doesn't take exactly ages to get high enough level for those. Around Rimmington is a pretty good place. The shop's always full, but you'll still get 12 coins per log, if I remember correctly. It's one way to get more gold, at least.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #371
Given that I've played for about two weeks if you only count the days I've actually played, you could probably call me that.

And I've just smelted a ton of iron that should buy me a new pickaxe once I'm done smithing. :)

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5651
Profile #372
It is clear sacrilege to discuss this game in these forums. IMHO it is so utterly devoid of any sort of point I cannot possibly imagine what it would take to make a sentient creature play it.

In my case... only a promise that the servers would be shut down and the game itself removed from the face of the planet... it would be worth the personal sacrifice.

People calling it an RPG is hilarious. It only has the statistics, the beautiful numbers labeled Combat Levels that a multitude of people find it interesting to worship. Where is the ROLE-PLAYING? Sheesh...

That term has completely lost its meaning, would't you agree? Still, not here...

I hope. Or hoped.

P.S. If my karma should rapidly drop after posting this, you will have amused me to no end.

[ Friday, December 30, 2005 04:10: Message edited by: ShadeOfWar ]

--------------------
In D&D there are lots of gods. Some of them are Jesus Christ and Lucifer, and they have equal power. Players can choose either to worship one of them, and as most of them find it funny, they choose to worship Lucifer. It is one of the ways how pure souls are taken by the devil...
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #373
Good use of invective, but not imaginitive enough. The karma reference at the end detracts from the purpose of the rant and gives the post a newbie-ish air. The fervent style is convincing, however.

The subject itself - the poor quality of Runescape by RPG standards - is unfortunately chosen as to be so obvious and self-evident that you are in fact preaching to the converted or in other words, trolling in an empty lake.

7 out of 10, nonetheless. :)

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #374
quote:
Originally written by ShadeOfWar:

It is clear sacrilege to discuss this game in these forums. IMHO it is so utterly devoid of any sort of point I cannot possibly imagine what it would take to make a sentient creature play it.
(applause)

I still believe this thread has contributed to our recent influx of typing-inept newbies...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.

Pages