Runescape anyone?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Runescape anyone?
Apprentice
Member # 6565
Profile #375
Thanks. Currently around 120000 non-sentinents are online playing this game, I do it everyday that I have time. I wouldn't, say, trade RS stuff on this forum but to vent one's anger like this... bleh.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #376
Well, sometimes the sanity just won't stop returning, and then it's like, whatever it takes to rot the old brain a little. It's easier on the liver than alcohol, too. :P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #377
To voice my opinion(but no one really cares) runescape is the biggest waste of time and bandwith ever.Period. The gameplay is terrible and the psudo-3d "graphics" are hidious. Also, many of the people whom I met while "playing" were incredibly rude and harrassed me.
I can't believe they charge a monthy fee and rarely update it.
However, whoever said Kingdom of Loathing is good is awesome! It is totally the best internet game every created! (I'm wearing one of the shirts now). The game is halarious, the people are generally friendly (until you beg for meat) and new stuff is added constantly. Best of all, it's totally free, but you can pay 10$ for a special item.
I've been there for 6 months and love it.
And to whoever said it was slow, they just upgraded to new servers and everything is faster.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #378
Kingdom of Loathing is great, full of the wackiness and hidden references which I crave. Unfortunately, the forums aren't nearly as good. The obsession with hiding "spoilers" makes posts almost impossible to follow and destroys the chance for any serious discussion. Thank goodness the SW forum isn't like that. But really, anyone who like KoL can't complain about Runescapes's graphics. KoL's graphics are black and white stick figures.

Dikiyoba.

Edit: Dikiyoba changed Dikiyoba's mind. Any stick figure graphics that don't depict pointless violence, puddles of blood, mutilation, or death are fine art.

[ Saturday, December 31, 2005 22:33: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #379
I love the skick figures. The whole game is a parody of the massproduced, comercial games. why spend thousands? producing okay "3d" graphics when stick figures do just fine.
I like the forums there. It's a little less insane, but you can't go wrong with a topic that's 974 pages.
Also, they have chat rooms that require you to pass a literacy test to enter. All forums/games/chat rooms need that feature.
Oh yea, they also have yearly conventions that rock! I can't wait till next year! Acctually, now it's later this year.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #380
quote:
...and rarely update it.
What? How often do they update Kingdom of Loathing? RuneScape is one of the most frequently updated MMORPG's I've seen.

quote:
Also, many of the people whom I met while "playing" were incredibly rude and harrassed me.
Most of the RuneScape players are 13-year-olds, probably with psychological revenge obsessions. Those combined causes them to be rude to anyone who isn't is good as them in-game. If you were to meet many of the rude high-level players in real life, you would probably find that they have no life other than playing videogames and trying to be |_||33|2 1337. Note that this isn't true with all of them, but is a generalization.

quote:
and the psudo-3d "graphics" are hidious.
Pseudo-3D? The game is full 3D. And while you may compare them to standalone games and find them hideous, I compare them to other Java games, and find them quite nice.

quote:
Also, they have chat rooms that require you to pass a literacy test to enter. All forums/games/chat rooms need that feature.
That is a brilliant idea.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #381
The test is much too easy, and as you can see, it doesn't prevent the ... idiots from bothering every honest player. Thankfully, I never have to do anything with the forums or chat. No sosialising for me, thank you.

Anyway. "Until you ask for meat"? That is to say, everyone does so eventually? Please try not to insult people like that. Most prefer to do fine with what they can do themselves.

EDIT: You stop hinting I don't understand that! I hate it when people correct me for no reason. Assume I always have a valid point, if it bothers you. That goes for everyone.

[ Tuesday, January 03, 2006 20:46: Message edited by: OMGwtfshediedkthnxbai ]

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #382
I don't think Andraste was trying to hint that everyone asks for meat but rather, asking for meat is one of the few things to set people off.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #383
quote:
Assume I always have a valid point
:D

(Sorry.)

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #384
quote:
Originally written by OMGwtfshediedkthnxbai:

EDIT: You stop hinting I don't understand that! I hate it when people correct me for no reason. Assume I always have a valid point, if it bothers you. That goes for everyone.
*taps nose knowingly*

Oh, but you do.

[ Friday, January 06, 2006 02:50: Message edited by: Mr. Meanor ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #385
Originally by OMGwtfshediedkthnxbai:

quote:
I seem to have found another thing that sets people off...

Sorry.

Dikiyoba senses a case of communication break-down, touchiness, and plastic sporks. Not sure where the plastic sporks came from, but I sense they are around...
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #386
New question:

When someone in the game keeps standing at the Varrock market square (north of the shop, where the tree stood over christmas), and keeps saying "Need gf" to anyone passing by, he doesn't actually mean what it seems like he means, right? o_O

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #387
What is disturbing is how people use a game to try getting a girlfriend/boyfriend and a 99% chance you will never meet that person!!
So why do must they do it..

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #388
quote:
Originally written by Capt. Obvious:

What is disturbing is how people use a game to try getting a girlfriend/boyfriend and a 99% chance you will never meet that person!!
So why do must they do it..

You're missing a few nines after the decimal point.

Also, there is a non-negligible chance that their contact will be a) butt-ugly or b) not of the gender they claim or c) ten-fifteen years off their claimed age in either direction. Or, given this is Runescape we're talking about, d) dumb as a rock.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #389
They're aren't looking for a real-life boyfriend/girlfriend, they're usually just looking for a stronger person to protect them and give them things. Sorta like the people going around saying "want to be friends?"

quote:
That, and most Runescapers are so young that they wouldn't know what to do with a boyfriend/girlfriend if you gave them an instruction booklet on the subject.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #390
And then again, there are some who probably can't read.

EDIT: Aran: Not really. A lot of the time they just find a 'female', go off to an isolated spot and have cyber sex. I walked past a couple doing that once, and I scored some free things for not 'telling'.

[ Friday, January 06, 2006 23:11: Message edited by: Mr. Meanor ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #391
Ew.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #392
I think it's more of a lol than an ew, every word that can be used in cs is cencored, that must be closer to a misspelling contest then cs.

[ Saturday, January 07, 2006 07:48: Message edited by: Infernal666hate ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #393
I have gone against my principles today and given a newbie 14 coals for free, and then leading the same newbie to the mind temple. In my defense, she (or he, you can never tell, after all) didn't make a single spelling mistake and also never said 'lol'. I feel immediate kinship with people who do not rape the English language.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #394
I feel this page must be linked to.

If aliens were smart enough to come here, they wouldn't be stupid enough to come here.

--------------------

Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #395
IMAGE(http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a181/Alexsticks/intelligentlife.gif)

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #396
Suddenly and inexplicably, all the stick figures started getting along...

Dikiyoba
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #397
quote:
Originally written by Segrin Bilal:

I have gone against my principles today and given a newbie 14 coals for free, and then leading the same newbie to the mind temple. In my defense, she (or he, you can never tell, after all) didn't make a single spelling mistake and also never said 'lol'. I feel immediate kinship with people who do not rape the English language.
lol u funny

[ Sunday, January 08, 2006 01:43: Message edited by: Mr. Meanor ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #398
quote:
Originally written by Mr. Meanor:

quote:
Originally written by Segrin Bilal:

lol u funny

dieplzkthxbye

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #399
Are you sure about that aran? I mean, I also hate people using... lol... *shudders* , and after a months of playing Runescape I came to the conclusion finding somebody who wouldn't say that is a sbig as that an elephant will sit on my mouse at this present moment. *looks at his broken, rather flat mouse and mumbles* Okay, maybe there is a slight chance.

And I can't believe this topic is still posted on! When again did I start this topic?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!

Pages