Runescape anyone?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Runescape anyone?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #275
quote:
Originally written by Lord Nicodemus:

Top 10 reasons not to play runescape:
1) You could be doing better things.

I have to agree with this.

quote:

2) They jokes are really cheesy and entirely fail to make you laugh.

If you don't play for the jokes, this doesn't matter for you.

quote:

3). To get rich you have to sell about 1000000 swords that you made, which means that going at half a sword per minute for steel swords (15 in a 30min mining/smithing venture) it wil take you about 3.8051751 years to get rich (assuming you are going nonstop).

Two things:

1) What do you see as rich? 50k? 100k? 1000k? 50k I could earn with only smithing in about two weeks. 100k and 1000k are after this statement easy enough to calculate yourself.

2) Not everybody plays to be rich. i, for example, tend not to play for the money, but for the things I can;t do inAvernum: crafting, mining and smithing, which I enjoy to do. Also trading with people I like.

quote:

4) To avoid beggars, you have to sign up for members, which is 5$ per month. This means that, assuming you are rich in runescape, you have paid 228.31$ to get virtual money.

Why would you be a member? if your answer is "to avoid beggars," my answer is "That's one of the stupidest reasons I heard." I would become a member for the extra terrain to explore, the new features and things to smith/craft. You can easily avoid beggars by simply shutting down your emotions, and when you are approached by a beggar simply telling "it" off or just report it if it is being extremely irritating.

quote:

5) Half the things on Runescape are cliché.

Name a few things, because just with this I wouldn't really know what you are talking about. And even if it is cliche, so what? I don't want to be entertained all the time. i just want to have a nice game that can offer me what i want. If its cliche or not doesn't matter to me.

quote:

6) The runescape hand to melèe combat is not very good; you cannot move.

With this I have to agree. Its indeed very bad, but if you don't fight that much, it doesn't really bother you.

quote:

7) The armor system is stupid; it only has a chance of preventing damage. It does not reduce damage.

That's one thing I hate about Runescape: You can't see the amount of damage or protection weapons or armor gives. What you said here I don't know: There is no real way of seeing the damage or protection weapons or armor gives.

quote:

8) You can (if you are bad enough) be killed by a chicken.

I quite like this. Its kind of pathetic, but I'm a great chicken-fan, so what? It doesn't bother me at all.

quote:

9) You cannot swim.

So what? Can you swim in Avernum? No, you can't. As a matter of fact, i don't know that many games where one can swim anyway.

quote:

10) The magic system is the worst system of any game I have ever seen (except FF8).
This is as bad as melee, so this you actually already said.

One thing I don't like about Runescape, is the community and not so much the game. However, I do like to tell people off when they irritate me, or fool them in a way. Like one guy that wanted to buy my helmet. I said that was okay. So he asked for how much. For 10k, was my answer. That got rid off him. It was quite amusing actually. About these jokes my main answer is: What jokes? I didn't really notice any jokes.

Now its your turn again and try to convince me with better reasons why not to play Runescape.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #276
quote:
So what? Can you swim in Avernum? No, you can't. As a matter of fact, i don't know that many games where one can swim anyway.

ADOM. The best RPG ever conceived.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shock Trooper
Member # 565
Profile #277
a bit off topic here but is anyone else a member?
i really really really need blurite ore but am not strong enough to get it. can someone trade with me please. if you want to look for me in the game i'm dreamqueen99

--------------------
If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and turn the damm thing on yourself!

people often tell me i've lost my mind, but i tell them i have to have one to lose it!

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #278
I just paid them money. Am now member. :\

On the plus side, the pickpocketing skill is actually kinda fun. I'm a-gonna go try fletching now.

Oh. You know, when I first played this game and finished the tutorial, and ended up in Lumbridge.. I stood there, exactly there where I landed doing nothing. I didn't know what to do. I could think of anything to do! I almost felt the same when I went over the member side of the world. I left all my equipment in bank, too, just in case. It's not so bad, actually.
Some people were typing rather well. No beggers at my heels, but then again there's people that are over 100 levels, so.. I'm still just 40.

But I only gave them enough money for a month. :\

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #279
Riibu, you have fallen. Fallen, I say. :eek:

You realize you'll never finish Nano now. :P

--------------------
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #280
I'm only 8000 words behind! I CAN catch up! I can! :(

No, really, I honestly can. I just need to go to my own computer and suffer. For days, and weeks, until I've caught up again...

By the way, fletching? Fun. :P Pickpocketing stalls? Cant wait. ^^

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #281
quote:
i really really really need blurite ore but am not strong enough to get it. can someone trade with me please.
You can't trade Blurite ore. Otherwise, it might be worth around 500 gp each.

If you're at least like level 10 and have the proper mining level (I can't remember what level you have to be), then you can run past all them monsters carrying only a bronze pick, mine the blurite, then run out. Then, if you get killed, you'll respawn with the pick and the Blurite in Lumbridge.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #282
Yay! A fellow member at last! I've been doing some stuff with Wiseman and a little with Thralni, but once you've become a member there's just no going back to free. I have been frustrated to no end at not being able to use my member items, which, at this point, are about 3/4 of everything I have.

Add archmagealex to your list (if you haven't) and tell me when you are usually on. Even if you don't want some nifty member stuff or help with quests I can tell you everything you want to know about member's world.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #283
I'm so extremely excited! This plan of mining 800 coal I had (I already mined about 600-700, I think) Is finnaly getting me somewhere! I now manage to increase my mining level every day with 1, and its going rather fast, so i'm so excited! I'm now level 53, soon 54, then its mithril time, and then finnaly the mining guild!

I would really want to be a member, but my mother is in the way. She would NEVER allow me. It was a wonder she let me buy BoA!

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #284
Indeed, being member is just way too much fun. I really need to read the tip.it site, especially on those new skills. I tried farming today.. ugh. Boring, and I only got 5 potatoes. Perhaps if I'd paid more attention, things could've gone easier (I didn't have any compost to use, and same goes for the gardener chick), but still. Got till 2 on that. 10 in thieving (I keep getting stunned by the ladies :P ), 7 in agility, and the rest are still 1.

I kind of wish I hadn't done this right now, because.. well, I *should* be looking for an actual job, or.. you know, write the NaNovel, or .. well, that's it. Just those two.

On second thought, I can take it! Bring it on, ya all!

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"

Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #285
At first I thought Farming was amazingly boring too, but you just need to do it right. That way it's actually a little better than mining. I have tons of low level seeds and i'm only lvl 21 farming so the next time I'm on we can farm together and I can show you how it's done. :D

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #286
Finally I can wield my rune pick. Now I can get 28 coal! :) And 20 in stealing, whee. I also got a clue scroll! Am not sure what to do with it, yet.

Also, I'll probably be on today some more. I'm in Ardougne, if I remember correctly. East side. Err. Count 3, 4 hours from here and around then I think I'll be on. I was thinking of doing some quests, or maybe just, you know, do some mining.

EDIT: I already checked out the treasure trails page on rune.tips, straight after getting it. I meant I'm unsure about what to do with it, as in when should I start going about it.
If I remember correctly, I'm supposed to go to this NPC named Lowe in Varrock, who deals with fletchery...

[ Thursday, November 17, 2005 08:58: Message edited by: OMGwtfshediedkthnxbai ]

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"

Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #287
Read the clue scroll. It should give you directions of some sort. Then go to the treasure trails section on www.runehq.com, where they already have all the clues deciphered.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #288
decpihered? all of it? How boring. It would be much more nicer if you yourself would have to think about it.

Anyway, I'm already level 54 in mining, so it goes fast. just yestreday I was only 53. Soon I'll be able to mine mithril and at 60, the mining guild! I hope the mining guild is alot quieter, without all these fools and beggars.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #289
The fun of treasure trails isn't solving them, it's getting the sometimes very valuable rewards. You can solve them yourself, but it slows down the process of getting your reward, which can sometimes be valuable trimmed armor.

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #290
When I do such a quest, i don't really do it for the reward (of course its important), but I ussually do it for the xp, the fun of finding things yourself, etc. I don't give a damn about armor. I want to make my own armor, and if I don't make it myself, i store it in the bank or just sell it if its something I can eventually make myself.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #291
Oh, indeed, the armor looked very nice. I hadn't looked at that page about treasure trails before, and I though the only way to get trimmed armor was through castle wars, which didn't really appeal to me. I'm into that kind of games, and I doubt I'd be particularly good at it anyway.

But the treasure trail seems like fun, I'll probably look into it soon. I need to catch up on some NaNo first though. I'm getting near 21k now, actually. Have to desperately, because I'm about 10k short on word count. Tomorrow I should have.. 30006 words. I keep a list. Whew! :\

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #292
Eldibs, tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday, i will be able to log on at 18:30 GMT. Maybe we could meet, or at least talk.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #293
I'll try to be there. Next weekend however, I won't be available (I thought I'd let you know ahead of time). Thanksgiving vacation. I'll be enjoying 3 Thanksgiving dinners, all complete with turkey and cheesecake.

</leetness>

[ Friday, November 18, 2005 07:15: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #294
quote:
Originally written by OMGwtfshediedkthnxbai:

Oh, indeed, the armor looked very nice. I hadn't looked at that page about treasure trails before, and I though the only way to get trimmed armor was through castle wars, which didn't really appeal to me. I'm into that kind of games, and I doubt I'd be particularly good at it anyway.

But the treasure trail seems like fun, I'll probably look into it soon. I need to catch up on some NaNo first though. I'm getting near 21k now, actually. Have to desperately, because I'm about 10k short on word count. Tomorrow I should have.. 30006 words. I keep a list. Whew! :\

Wow! I'm presently at 20219 or some such. So we're about tied? But I'll hit the keyboard right now. ;)

--------------------
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #295
I hope we'd be tied at 30k, because you know.. then we wouldn't be late. I haven't written anything today, yet, and I'm really feeling exhausted, because I didn't sleep at all last night (blamings go to Alex! :P ), but...! I will be giong for some words, maybe a couple of hundred. Just something, anything. I could try getting to 22k, then going to sleep. :\

Tomorrow! Maybe some runescaping.

Also, thralni, still haven't checked it out. Unfortunately I have to push the listening behind NaNo and sleeping.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #296
Doesn't matter, Riibu. I'm at the moment also quite busy, so there's no hurry. I did get replies from several other people regarding this music, saying it was good (Thanks Nicodemus!). I hope you will think the same.

EDIT: I forgot to say: okay, eldibs. then we'll hopefully meet again. I'm always in the Dwarven mines, probably on less-bussiest world (this changes all the time, so we'll see what happens). Pity about next weekend. i think I also have things then, so I wouldn't have time either. Turkey... Sounds nice... *wipes away the dribble of his face*

[ Saturday, November 19, 2005 00:05: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #297
The turkey is nice, but it's the cheesecake I really want.

Thanksgiving, a holiday all about eating.

</leetness>

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #298
Ack, I gave in, and joined. Spring350 is the name. I'll find a good world that I like, and let you know.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #299
quote:
Originally written by Spring:

Ack, I gave in, and joined. Spring350 is the name. I'll find a good world that I like, and let you know.
I saw you online earlier, messaged you, waited a few minutes and then had to leave again. I figure that with almost 5000 words today, I can indulge in some timewasting.

You didn't answer though. :P

--------------------

Pages