Runescape anyone?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Runescape anyone?
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #225
Maybe it's just too easy, and too competitive so it attracts all the dickheads (I'll keep using that as long as I can! Mwahaha!), unlike other FIORPGs which can have players actually.. roleplaying.

... And Kingdom of Loathing beats all others! *then cries because she kinda misses Equinox*

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #226
Very few MMORPGs have any roleplaying at all.

Anyway, a community not made up of illiterate prepubescent player killers would do Runescape a big favor. So would being able to communicate, since I'm convinced that they just censored the entire dictionary. Heck, dictionary itself is probably censored since it has "dic" in it.

Furthermore, it's missing the cooperative side that MMORPGs can benefit from. Other players are very rarely allies, typically acting as annoyances or outright enemies. In essence, RuneScape is a free singleplayer RPG without a storyline or direction that happens to require an internet connection, beg for money, and subject you to all of the sundry jerks the internet has to offer.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #227
It was easier for me to bypass the filter with a real swearword than it was to get a harmless word past it. Go figure. :P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #228
quote:
Originally written by Imban:

Other players are very rarely allies, typically acting as annoyances or outright enemies.
You don't want to hear of the amount of players I teamed up with, because I gave them armor or a sword. I have several fans now. It can get annoying, yes, but sometimes its nice to be able to talk to people.

Eldibs, I'm sorry I didn't show up last night. I was happily composing some music, until I looked at the clock and saw it was already 19:00 (gmt). Then I logged in, but you already went. Until next sunday I suppose we can't meet again.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #229
Or next Saturday.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #230
I also have the name Kragens.
does anybody esle notice that you can spend more energy sidestepping back and forth before and during running than is spent the entirety of the actual running.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #231
You don't have to spam-click while you run, you know :P

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #232
I don't though, some tree gets in my way, and my character can't seem to figure out how to get around it.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #233
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

Or next Saturday.
No, not saturday, that's why i said sunday. I give a concert with some old-peoples orchestra in some end-of-the-world town. The music we play (Dvoraks 8th symphony) is fun, though. The concert will start at 15:30 GMT and by the time I will come back, i won't have the energy nor the time to play Runescape.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #234
Sunday it is then.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #235
Y'know, people, there are such things as "IM programs" for a reason.. :P
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #236
Yeah, but they take up system resources, and you have to log in to them. Here, I auto-login.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #237
... that's not the best argument I've ever heard, against them.

You can set them up to remember you, so all you have to do, is click a single button to be logged in. Even less time-consuming than browsing to this forum.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #238
Once opened, all I have to do is click a single button in my browser to get to this forum.

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #239
I hate IM things. to me its all like MSN, which I hate. all chatting things, which I hate (Although chatting in Runescape is just the same, but, that's different).

I just came across a method mining huge amounts of experience in a short time. When you have about mining level 46-47, go get an adamantite pickaxe (if you don't have one already) and start mining iron. It will go fast, instead of coal whih goes slowly. I'm now level 49, and in 1 hour I'm almost level 50.

[ Tuesday, November 08, 2005 03:17: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #240
quote:
Originally written by Infernal666hate:

I don't though, some tree gets in my way, and my character can't seem to figure out how to get around it.
Always happens when I'm following someone. I remember it was a good source of comic relief in our little party (AA, Wise and me).

Choice quote: "Aran running around like chicken with no head!"

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #241
While an IM is convenient, we would be obligated to be online all of us on the same time, same day and same IM-software in order to make these appointments. Using a Bulleting Board is better and easier in this case.

By the way, thanks for posting that tipit-link before, it really helped! Next time I play RS I am going to make clay pots. :)
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #242
quote:
Originally written by Exiled Eagle - odd twig me sits on.:

While an IM is convenient, we would be obligated to be online all of us on the same time, same day and same IM-software in order to make these appointments. Using a Bulleting Board is better and easier in this case.
Trillian.

Point taken? :)

Also, the point of an IM is you run it all the time, and when somebody else is online, you can message them. Believe me, even with the time shift the online times randomly overlap far more often than actually necessary. And that is when you *don't* arrange anything. You can always ask someone to be online around a certain time beforehand.

And if you absolutely can't reach someone, you can send them something called a Private Message. The wonders of modern technology... nifty, huh? :)

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #243
And again they are updating. I wonder what it exactly is that they update so often lately. its getting a bit annoying, don't you think?

About the IM and such: Now we know what times we can expact each other, so there is no real need for it anyway. and by the way, this ming iron bussines is working so good that I can't believe it actually wotks! I'm already level 50, and I started today with level 48!

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #244
quote:
Originally written by NaNoWriMo:

Trillian.

Point taken? :)

A very good software, indeed. I am going to have lots of use of it. Like e-messenger only not web-based and therefore a lot better.

Thanks!

EDIT: Fixed quote-bold.

[ Tuesday, November 08, 2005 04:36: Message edited by: Exiled Eagle - odd twig me sits on. ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #245
quote:
I just came across a method mining huge amounts of experience in a short time. When you have about mining level 46-47, go get an adamantite pickaxe (if you don't have one already) and start mining iron. It will go fast, instead of coal whih goes slowly. I'm now level 49, and in 1 hour I'm almost level 50.
My method is somewhat different. You need at least 40 crafting and mining, a brown apron, and probably a rune pick. Go to the least crowded world, and go to the crafting guild (south of Falador). You need to wear the brown apron, or they won't let you in. Go in there, and if it's empty, mine all the gold rocks (like 10 of them, I think), then drop the gold, and mine them again. Gold gives more XP than coal, and by the time you finish mining the rocks, they will have respawned.

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #246
yes, but that means to first get level 40 (was it level 40?) in crafting and then you'll be able to get in. Mining iron you can do always, that is, if you have level 20 mining. I'm almost ready with smelting all the stuff i mined, and it got me 2 levels up in smithing! another 4 levels and I'll be the same level as my friend who was arrogant and said it will take me a loooong time until i can do something with mithril (he himself is level 42, now I'm 38).

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #247
Just remember that level 50 is at about 110k exp. ;)

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #248
wel, yeah, but... it goes quite fast now. I have about 8000 xp to smith (I smelted about steel 300 bars and I still have to do smelt some iron, silver and gold I will do at 40).

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #249
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

And again they are updating. I wonder what it exactly is that they update so often lately. its getting a bit annoying, don't you think?
They tell you what the update is on the main page. And the updates aren't annoying when you get to benefit from them. :P

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.

Pages