Runescape anyone?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Runescape anyone?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #250
They updated today already three times! THREE TIMES! Do they put in that watebirth thing gradually, world by world or something!?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #251
I think they update World by World.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Warrior
Member # 5886
Profile #252
Actually, the details of many updates are not reflected on the mainpage. Most likely, instead of adding new stuff to the game, they are adjusting some of the parameters, like drop rates.

What has been the case for most all rare item drop updates is that they will keep the drop rates at a higher level at first, to get people motivated. Then they decrease the drop rates to keep the price of the items dropping too rapidly.

In the case of the Waterbirth update, dragon hatchets, seercull bows, mud battlestaffs (gives earth and water runes), and three rings were added to the game.

Of course, they could have been doing other things. Perhaps there were some bugs that needed to be squashed. Or they could have changed the behavior of certain monsters.

I am Gabrho on runescape. That is the name of a company that exports pineapples from Ghana. Not that that was the reason I chose the name......Not that that is a bad reason to adopt such a name.

I know you guys were just dying to know that.
:D

--------------------
We don't make the white chalky excrement that splats down and ruins your car's paint job. We make it stronger.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #253
soory about last night, Thralni, after I tried switching worlds the closest i came to playing was a blank gray screen.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #254
You need to activate Java when playing RuneScape. When I played without having activated it, I gained a blank gray screen, as well.

If you had Java activated and it still did not work, then... binary cyberspectrum glitch?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #255
That's alright, infernal666hate. Something similair happens to me sometimes.

With me java activates automatically. The only problem I sometimes have, is that upon changing worlds and then trying to load the game, I can't connect to the fileserver. That means that I need to shut down the hole program and start it up again. Only then it will work.

Alex, I'm not sure about the gloves. on one side I like them. I also like the feeling of owning a members item while that's not really what should have happened. On the other side, I feel a bit cheated, because I traded it for steel armour (not that that is such a problem, after all, I made it myself so i don't lose on it).

At the moment I'm looking for a black wizards hat. I was wondering where i could easily get. Eagle already offered to buy me one when he sees one, and I'm very thankful for that, but I was wondering if somebody just has one that i could just... have. For a price of course.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #256
Actually, I found one of those hats just after you left. It was just lying there, waiting for someone to pick it up. Remember when I told you the witches south of Varrock drops them? People does not unusually fight them so I just had to run pass all the darn magic casters and pick the leftovers of someone else's kill.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #257
Ah very good! Could we meet today perhaps? I'll be probably on before 18:30 GMT, but, to be sure, if we can meet, can you try to be on at 18:30 GMT? If not, just post and let me know. But thanks! You just helped me alot.

An other thing I wanted to know, is where you can choose of large variaties of capes to buy. I currently have yellow, black, red and purple, but blue, green and other colour are also welcome. So where do i buy them, and how much do they cost?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #258
You only need a black cape, you can dye them when you got crafting level 2.

If you need to know how to do this, just look it up in the crafting guide on tip.it (You find the guide in "skill guides").

By the way, I can not come tonight. I have homeworks and music to do/make. Oh, and I got to cook dinner, fold my laundry, dish, go to the shop... *Babbles on about chores; the life in an appartment gives you a lot to do.*
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #259
Okay. :(

But thanks for telling me about the capes! then I can make my own. i got two black capes.

EDIT: Just wanted to say that I bought a black wizards hat. I also got a complete blue wizards suit. if anybody wants a spare blue wizards hat and skirt, come to me.

[ Wednesday, November 09, 2005 03:42: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #260
For the gloves, full steel might actually have been a fair price. They only cost about 200gp on member's worlds when bought from the store, but they are completely unavailable on free worlds unless bought from a member. Due to the rarity of them in the circumstances in which you bought them, you might actually have underpaid.

If you, or anyone else, want other gloves of that green-blue color, a maroon-like color, a sort of mustard yellow, or dark pink (I think) I'll sell them to you for store price.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #261
I want red boots... :\

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #262
I had green boots when I was a member. I was able to buy them for 650gp.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #263
Ooh! Ooh! I want green everything! I love green! ^^

But I can't come online today, I think. Or tomorrow.. I'm trying to get ahead on my NaNovel, because I won't be able to write at all on weekend. I only need 1000 more words to reach today's goal, ut I was also planning to watch a couple of movies. So.

But I still want green everything! Green is the best color ever. :P

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #264
That's why I'm working towards full Guthix Armor.

Gr33n ru13$!! it pwn$ j00 l1k3 w007!!1!11!1one!

[ Wednesday, November 09, 2005 08:49: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #265
Red is cooler.

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #266
I like blue, or black.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #267
I found this muddy key after killing a Chaos Dwarf in the Wilderness. Anybody know what it's for?

EDIT: nevermind.

[ Wednesday, November 09, 2005 17:24: Message edited by: Wise Man ]

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #268
Tip.it reveals: The muddy key is used on the muddy chest in the lava maze. Every key will get you the same thing.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #269
Yep. Alex and I went there to check out the chest. It's guarded by 2 lesser demons (lvl 82) and gives you a mithril bar, mithril dagger, anchovy pizza and an uncut ruby. It's a good thing he was there - he took PKer arrows for me :D

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Apprentice
Member # 6465
Profile #270
i did all the quests.... i killed alot.... i was able to mine, and smith full addy....... i got bored..... lol

--------------------
.........Their Death is Inevitable...... and i'm their killer.......
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #271
What did I say! Kishoshin is a Runescape member! I was right apparently, although I don't quite understand how I managed...

Anyway, Eldibs, today we might meet, although I just heard we have visitors tonight. I hope to be on, but I promise nothing.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 6268
Profile #272
Top 10 reasons not to play runescape:
1) You could be doing better things.
2) They jokes are really cheesy and entirely fail to make you laugh.
3). To get rich you have to sell about 1000000 swords that you made, which means that going at half a sword per minute for steel swords (15 in a 30min mining/smithing venture) it wil take you about 3.8051751 years to get rich (assuming you are going nonstop).
4) To avoid beggars, you have to sign up for members, which is 5$ per month. This means that, assuming you are rich in runescape, you have paid 228.31$ to get virtual money.
5) Half the things on Runescape are cliché.
6) The runescape hand to melèe combat is not very good; you cannot move.
7) The armor system is stupid; it only has a chance of preventing damage. It does not reduce damage.
8) You can (if you are bad enough) be killed by a chicken.
9) You cannot swim.
10) The magic system is the worst system of any game I have ever seen (except FF8).

--------------------
Un ronron ronchonne, un ronfleur ronfle.
Un rongeur ronge, un roi règne, une orange roule.
Ça c'est la réalité.
Mais si le ronchon ronge, le ronfleur ronchonne,
Le roi roule, le rongeur règne
Et l'orange ronfle,
Ça c'est une autre histoire.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #273
Sorry I couldn't get on, I woke up later than I expected.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #274
quote:
Originally written by Lord Nicodemus:

Top 10 reasons not to play runescape:
8) You can (if you are bad enough) be killed by a chicken.

That is because there is a level-120 evil chicken in the game. Guess what! It is another cheesy random event.

Oh, and yeah, I could be spending my time on something better, like work. It is just that work tends to be tedious...

Pages