Runescape anyone?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Runescape anyone?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #300
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

Doesn't matter, Riibu. I'm at the moment also quite busy, so there's no hurry. I did get replies from several other people regarding this music, saying it was good (Thanks Nicodemus!). I hope you will think the same.

What music, specifically?

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #301
Can someone please help me? Runescape won't log me on. It freezes at the loading screen. I'll try it without any other windows up (I only had SW) and see if it helps.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #302
Okay, Spring, here's what t do: dowload the program with which you can start Runescape without having to first open the browser. You can find it under "extra files," if I remember correctly, on the main screen (home page). Now open it, and whenever the loading freezes (this happens to me a lot when changing worlds), you'll probably have to close down the whole program restart it. This, at least, works with me.

Aran, the music I was talking about, is a piece of music I composed myself. Its called "First symphony." The peice is actually only the first of four movements I'll eventually have write, but at least the first movement is finished. I sent it to some people, including Riibu, to see what they think of it. If you also want to listen to it, just ask and I'll send it to you. You'll need a notation program (Printmusic) to play it, though.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #303
Ok, Thralni, I'll try that sometime, but I can't now, I'm too tired. *thumbs up*

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #304
Don't worry, it works when I don't have any other programs up.

EDIT: Aran, I didn't see any message.

[ Tuesday, November 22, 2005 17:23: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #305
That can happen when you're busy or surrounded by a lot of chatterboxes.

In your defense, I was only online for two minutes and didn't have time to message you again.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #306
Personally, I set the game to split private chat. That way, I can keep from getting private messages and regular chat mixed up.

Boycott Angelfire!
</leetness>

[ Wednesday, November 23, 2005 07:14: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #307
I played runescape a time or two when I was younger, and it was relatively fun at lower levels. I liked all of the non-combat skills, and the ability to create almost everything you need. I liked watching my character advance, as lower levels take very little xp to level up. At higher levels it get a bit tedious, as it has 100,000+ xp between levels.

One issue is relatively poor security; more and more people were getting their accounts hacked, and ended up losing everything. The general age of players is 10-15, with the exception of a few people in their 20s and 30s (very few).

It's pretty easy to become very strong and make a ton of money, but it comes nowhere near SW quality of games (especially in plot). I think it's alright for what it is.

[ Wednesday, November 23, 2005 15:30: Message edited by: Sunset ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6268
Profile #308
My post was exaggerated but it conveys the point.

--------------------
Un ronron ronchonne, un ronfleur ronfle.
Un rongeur ronge, un roi règne, une orange roule.
Ça c'est la réalité.
Mais si le ronchon ronge, le ronfleur ronchonne,
Le roi roule, le rongeur règne
Et l'orange ronfle,
Ça c'est une autre histoire.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #309
By the way, can I ask what your signature means? I get that it is a pun on the relations of actions and those who perform the actions in French, but I can't actually understand it all...
quote:
Ça c'est la réalité.
Et l'orange ronfle,

[ Wednesday, November 23, 2005 16:05: Message edited by: NaNoWriMo ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6268
Profile #310
quote:
By the way, can I ask what your signature means? I get that it is a pun on the relations of actions and those who perform the actions in French, but I can't actually understand it all...

Rough translation:
A purr grumbles (purrs), a snorer snores.
A gnawer gnaws, a king rules, an orange rolls..
This is the reality.
But if a grumbler gnaws, a snorer grumbles (purrs),
the king rolls, the gnawer rules
and the orange snores,
That's another story.

It's not nearly so fun translated... Also some of the words are ambiguous.

--------------------
Ça c'est la réalité.
Et l'orange ronfle,
Apprentice
Member # 4866
Profile Homepage #311
Wow I never knew anyone from here played RS, I've been playing for like 2 years now. I'm level 96 now(Pk_Ranger006 - 92 ranged, 86 hp, no really noteworthy tradeskills)

If anyone needs any gear I'd be glad to help out. I've got around 80 mil(managed to snag a party hat from a lvl 120 who died a few months ago) so giving away mith, addy even a bit of rune isn't much to me. Just add me, I'm usually on around 5pm est.

--------------------
Worship the monkey
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #312
a) i could not bear to see this left behind with all the old, dead topics nobody cares about.
b) they're doing it again, SYSTEM UPDATES, I didn't see anything on the website saying as to why, but it's happening.
c) do all of you not care about the game or just the thread?

EDIT: the update yet again has nothing to do with f2p but f2p worlds are being updated anyway

[ Monday, December 05, 2005 05:32: Message edited by: Infernal666hate ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #313
These are the Spiderweb Software forums, not the Runescape forums. Do not expect to find a perpetual discussion about Runescape here.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #314
quote:
EDIT: the update yet again has nothing to do with f2p but f2p worlds are being updated anyway
That's because the f2p worlds have all the same code as the p2p worlds. They have to update f2p with p2p to keep them compatible.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

Apprentice
Member # 6523
Profile #315
Wow... I never realized how many people here played :P . Well, my name's Izzannor. I'm level 67 (or so-haven't played in a while...) Feel free to add, I'm usually on world 43 or 45, although I don't play as much as I used to.

--------------------
^ ^ Izzannor lives again!
Say hello to my little friend!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #316
I must say the game is getting more boring with every level I gain. I'm playing it also less and less.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #317
It's really fun if you're a member, but it loses its novelty about like any other game when you're not.

[ Tuesday, December 06, 2005 06:47: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #318
well that happens when you only train 2 skills to high scores range, try diversifying (i think that's a word). Also, if you're looking for excitement try your hand at running through the wildy and picking up the random spawns there while dodging pkers ... loads of fun ...

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #319
I have mainly been mining and smithing, but I also tried fighting (I don't really like fighting), magic (Which is kinda fun, but it also gets tiering), I tried about everything, but it just bores me a little. Trading can be fun, but if nobody wants your stuff, that also gets irritating after a while. What's left to do? You have no real goal. I see now what the problem is with a game without a goal.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #320
I had a friend that made a lv. 3 character, and ran him up to the high lv. wilderness to offer protection to high-level players.

--------------------

Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #321
The game is tons better as a member. Especially now that I'm starting to break into higher levels. I need a quick 5k? No problem. Give 5 mins of thieving. I need 100k? No problem. An hour of runecrafting gives me 500 nature runes I can sell for up to 300 each. Soon it will be law runes which I can use to rapidly increase my own magic level or sell for up to 1k individually or about 5-800 each when selling in bulk.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #322
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex:

The game is tons better as a member. Especially now that I'm starting to break into higher levels. I need a quick 5k? No problem. Give 5 mins of thieving. I need 100k? No problem. An hour of runecrafting gives me 500 nature runes I can sell for up to 300 each. Soon it will be law runes which I can use to rapidly increase my own magic level or sell for up to 1k individually or about 5-800 each when selling in bulk.
And there's another good example of what I dont like. At high levels it gets easier all the time to make money. No real challenge anymore. The only thing that would attract me is the equipment, but that all the good stuff is members-only. And no, I wont become a member. Too expensive. i can buy another good game which I pay once a bulk of money for but can use for as long as I want, instead of $5 every month, not enabling me to play it for eternity without it being an enormous expense. Compare this:

I buy Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 for $40 dolars to play it for as long as I want,

I buy a membership of $5 dollars a month, for which i pay $60 dollars a year and I can't even play it for eternity! That's a difference of $20 dollars, and about 70 years less (that's until i die) that i can play it.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #323
That might be off-topic, but if you are going to play computer games in 50 years, I'll be surprised. More surprised if you manage to find a machine that will play the same games you're playing now - computers don't live notoriously long.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #324
Yeah, but if you decide that you don't like RuneScape after a month, you're only out $5. If you buy, say F.E.A.R., and decide you don't like it, you're out $40.

--------------------

Pages