Runescape anyone?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Runescape anyone?
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #175
The mine in Falador has coal and iron, and the town has 2 banks and a furnace.

To answer your question, I finish classes today in about 2 hours. Can you get on then?

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #176
quote:
Originally written by NaNoWriMo:

It's extremely inefficient to try to process the ore as you mine it. Even in Al-Kharid, the mine and furnace are not so close that it isn't quicker to mine in Varrock and smelt in Falador, and bank in the meantime.
The Al-Kharid is actually closer to a furnace. :\ It's definitely a shorter way between the mine and the furnace, I could swear by it. But then again, there's the scorpions. You just gotta try not to face them, or anything..

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #177
So where is the mining place you were talking about? Is it to the south? I didn't find coal there. To answer your second question, no. I'll be in bed, snorring, in two hours. The time I write this post is the time I do some last things and I shut down the computer, so later then this time I can't log in. In about 12 hours I get up, and then add another 8 hours before I can log in.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #178
How about this weekend then?

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #179
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

The mine in Falador has coal and iron, and the town has 2 banks and a furnace.

To answer your question, I finish classes today in about 2 hours. Can you get on then?

There is a mine in Falador? Are you sure you don't mean the Dwarven mine, which is way northeast of there?

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #180
Perhaps he thought about the entrance to the mining guild, which is in Falador. (and the guild which is in Dwarven mines)

[ Friday, November 04, 2005 00:31: Message edited by: Pien' Kiusanhenki ]

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #181
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

How about this weekend then?
On saturday and sunday I can be there certainly at 18:30 GMT, but maybe also earlier.

So this mine in Falador. I was at a mine in Falador to the south of the city. was this the mine you were talking about Eldibs? If so, I didn't find coal.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #182
Yesterday, when Thralni had left. A beginner followed me, looking for a sword. I helped him, taught him stuff and made him a dagger. He was not very clever, a bit strange and rather insecure with himself. Now, like I had in Graal Online, I got an admirer. Funny guy, he seem to be a complete n00b, but his lack of brain did not made me less friendly.

That is what I find sad with the people in the community. They are such cynicals and egoists. If someone ask someone for help, unless they knew the person, they will only sneeze him off and call him n00b. Why can not one just help them out and teach them to manage on their own. That would make the world such a better place, where the weak receive help from the strong and no one treats you bad for your inferiority or because of a low number.

Yeah, and I will probably, as I have said before, be on RuneScape on Saturday, server 67. See you then (hopefully)!
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #183
The round mine south of Falador is the Rimmington mine. There's gold in there, tough. And there's 4 coal rocks in the Barbarian Village, they're kinda close. Just.. crowded. Easily.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #184
You're absolutely right, Eagle. Just now I had a gril that looked for a bronze pickaxe. I run a small pickaxe bussiness, looking for n00bs who would want to pay 100 gold for it (and I find them!). Now this girl was a beginner, and had only 15 gold, so, I just gave it to her for 15 gold, instead of being harsch and call her noob. Something that greatly irritates me is this: you are happily mining and then there comes such an enormous pest, such an idiot, a fool a god know what. He asks you for you mining level. i say 43. And then I'm a noob! Only becasue his mining level is 50 and he uses a rune pickaxe! Can you believe that!?

I hope to see you indeed eagle, and you too, Eldibs. Also, i hope to see Wiseman and Alex again? It was fun seeing you as a ghost, alex.

About the mines: Yes, I know the ones in the barabarian village. they are just, as you said, too crowded. I'now mining in the Al kharid mines in the desert. Its more efficient, but the scorpions are really irritating.

[ Friday, November 04, 2005 03:13: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #185
I'm talking about the Dwarven mines. The entrance is in Falador itself, on the east side of the town.

If I converted the time correctly, 18:30 GMT would be 1:30 p.m. Central time, so I should be able to show up. What world?

quote:
Something that greatly irritates me is this: you are happily mining and then there comes such an enormous pest, such an idiot, a fool a god know what. He asks you for you mining level. i say 43. And then I'm a noob! Only becasue his mining level is 50 and he uses a rune pickaxe! Can you believe that!?
Yeah, that happens more in the free worlds than in the members worlds. It's also really annoying when someone steals your ore. Personally, when I see a lower lv person (lower than me, anyways) stealing ores from an even lower lv person, I steal all the ores, and then give it to the lowest lv person.
They need to make it where you can hit someone with your pick if they steal ore from a rock you were on.

quote:
i say 43. And then I'm a noob! Only becasue his mining level is 50 and he uses a rune pickaxe!
That's what I hate about the majority of Runescapers. They don't know the difference between newb (inexperienced) and noob (stupid), and they consider anyone below them a noob, which would make them a noob, wouldn't it?

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #186
Okay, that's settled then. You can always find me in world 67. Otherwise in world 52. but only in world 52 when 67 is having problems.

I'll go to Falador again and see how it all looks like. I was several times in the dwarven mines, but I only saw iron. I think I probably didn't explore it well enough. i was only looking for a better pickaxe.

What you were saying about stealing ores, that's a good thing what you are doing, although i would have probably rejected your offer. I would have mined everything by myself for the xp, even if I would have waited for an hour. Its really a pity that so many people are so egoistic, like Eagle already said. Um... is there something I could bring you, Eldibs? As a sort of welcoming (well, not really welcoming...) present? Is there something you really need? I'm quite good in finding what I need... That's what I discovered over the past few weeks.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #187
The only things I need would be too expensive to find as a gift, unless you know someone selling 2k coal for 160 each. That would save me from ahving to mine it for 2 or 3 days.

Edit: Nevermind, I'll just mine it and save 320k.

Edit 2:
quote:
Also this month we will be seeing a continuation to the Demon Slayer storyline featuring another nasty demon trying to take over the world!! This one's got much more of a comedy slant to it although care must be taken, as always, when demons are involved. Watch out for Evil Dave, probably the worst evil villain ever in the history of villains. He’s like sooooo evil!! Rewards for this one include a new and improved Silverlight!!
I hope they make that quest f2p, since the quest it's based upon is. And if you're level 20 and haven't done Demon Slayer yet, you should. The demon isn't that hard, Silverlight kills it in one hit.

[ Friday, November 04, 2005 06:08: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #188
*rolls eyes* This is very simple.

The Dwarven mines, the Falador mines, and the mining guild are all the same thing. They are all connected. There is an entrance to this cave in the mountians northeast of Falador; this entrance is known as the Dwarven mines. If you go south and little west through the mines you can go up a staircase that leads to the very eastern part of Falador. Barely south of the Falador east bank there are ladders that lead down to about 70 coal rocks; this is known as the mining guild. It is seperated from the rest of the mine only by a single door that you must be lvl 40 mining to use.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #189
Actually it's level 60 mining, and I wish it was 70 coal rocks, then I wouldn't have to get upset at idiots who think they own the place.

--------------------

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #190
60 in mining? Damn, then I'm short 6 levels... :(

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #191
http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=dwarven_mine.htm

A map. ^ Also, 60 mining, 37 coal rocks. That also gets crowded? I only have 52 mining, and I remember that the Mining guild was members.. Has that changed, because I was really sure about that?

E: I know. So, there has been _no change_, and I must've been thinking about some other guild? Crafter's maybe? .. No, that's free too. Huh. Maybe I got it mixed with Magician's guild. *puzzled* o.o

[ Friday, November 04, 2005 07:29: Message edited by: Pien' Kiusanhenki ]

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"

Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #192
If you get to 59, you can get in by drinking a Dwarven Stout. Luckily, I'm at 68 mining, so not only can I get in, but I can almost mine Adamant as well. Woohoo!

No, the mining guild isn't members only, but the best coal place in Runescape is: The coal carts. I wish f2p could go to the coal carts.

[ Friday, November 04, 2005 06:54: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #193
Eldibs, I finnally found it. Thanks very very much. Its indeed a very good place. I owe you something.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #194
No you don't. Information on locations should be free.

--------------------

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #195
Alex and I went to hunt players today. It wasn't very successful - Alex almost got killed, and I couldn't get any loot out of guys running around with no equipment. Then I barely escaped the clutches of a high-level player killer. :\

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #196
How barbaric! :0 Serves you two right. :P

[ Friday, November 04, 2005 12:12: Message edited by: Pien' Kiusanhenki ]

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #197
Well, I have to do something after earning all the best arms and armour free-to-play has to offer (without the money for pay-to-play).

Oh, and Alex just isn't good for fighting other players. He's not aware enough :P

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #198
You could try and get all the trimmed armor, and all the holiday items.

--------------------

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #199
That's true, but I also want to beef myself up so I can kill other players and stuff, as an impure :) Right now, my ranged and magic skill are quite underpowered so I would tend to get owned in the wilderness :(

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.

Pages