Runescape anyone?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Runescape anyone?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #325
Yes, that's right, but why would you get a game you don't like? You would at least have tried the demo and see what you think of it. Then, when you decided you want to buy the game, you spend a sum of money to play the game for eternity, and not $60 for every year. That's like buying Flight Simulator three times. And also, getting a machine that will play your game isn't such a big problem too. i can play dark castle for Mac OS 6, on my Mac OS 9, with a simple emulator.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #326
Personally, I get bored of most games after less than a year anyways. It would take at most a year to master Runescape, so you wouldn't have to pay for eternity, just quit paying whenever you feel like you've accomplished enough and want to move on to another game.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #327
Maybe I should take another example: Avernum. You pay $25 once and can use it always, without a limit of time. With Runescape, whenever you feel like playing, you'll have to pay $5 a month. in the end Runescape will probably cost more then Avernum, and still you can't play it for eternity.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #328
I get what you're saying, it's just that nobody will be playing it for eternity. It would take me maybe around $60 to get bored of it, which is only slightly more than I paid for UT2004.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #329
Why not? My father bought Dark castle about 16 years ago, and i'm still playing it now and then.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #330
@alex: is it possible to use chaos as payment, 1 rune = 100 coins? F2P's can't craft them and they would be a big boost in gaining magic lvls.

[ Wednesday, December 07, 2005 09:54: Message edited by: Infernal666hate ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #331
Sorry, I use my chaos runes. Besides, currently I am mass producing nature runes to increase my runecraft level.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #332
Seeing as none of you are ever on at the same time, I was wondering if this could be a place I could broadcast sales.

If so, i'm selling willows 30 ea. time is usually 1500 gmt, I have 1460 left after not-yet-completed deals.
If not, ignore this.

[ Sunday, December 11, 2005 06:01: Message edited by: Infernal666hate ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #333
Normally you would have seen me, but as I decided that I started to find Runescape boring, I stopped playing it. You might see me sometimes, but not often anymore.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #334
Um, yes Thralni, you made that clear about 10 posts ago.

EDIT: I'm also buying a rune kite 32640, same as high alc

[ Sunday, December 11, 2005 09:57: Message edited by: Infernal666hate ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #335
This really, really isn't a Runescape discussion board. While finding times to meet up with other Spidweb community members is fine, please realize that this board is primarily for discussion of Spiderweb Software and its games, of which Runescape is not one.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #336
While normally I would agree with you, the Runescape message boards are only usable by members, and if they weren't they would be full of beggars asking others for items they can easily get themselves. So, by using this forum, I am complimenting spiderweb by saying that this is a site where even the lazy slobs who just download free demos without ever conidering that they might buy the product are still capable of intelligent conversation. (At least until TM pops his head around here.)

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #337
quote:
Originally written by Infernal666hate:

While normally I would agree with you, the Runescape message boards are only usable by members, and if they weren't they would be full of beggars asking others for items they can easily get themselves. So, by using this forum, I am complimenting spiderweb by saying that this is a site where even the lazy slobs who just download free demos without ever conidering that they might buy the product are still capable of intelligent conversation. (At least until TM pops his head around here.)
There is something intensely ironic in that.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #338
quote:
I'm also buying a rune kite 32640, same as high alc
There's no way you're getting a Rune Kite for that much. The lowest I've ever seen is 40k, and it can go up to as high as 60k. 45-50k is usually the price that they go for.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #339
Are you offering or just saying?

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #340
Just saying. Usually, you won't get anything for the high-alch price.

Go into World 1 and start saying "Buying Rune Kite, 45k" arround one of the Varrock banks.

[ Sunday, December 11, 2005 14:29: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #341
I have to agree with Thuryl that using the thread for buying and selling is just a bit too far off from the purpose of these boards.

While the official forums on the Runescape website may be for members only, there are plenty of sites like Rune Tips and Rune HQ where you can offer buying and selling.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Warrior
Member # 6368
Profile Homepage #342
quote:
Originally written by An array cat:

quote:
Originally written by Infernal666hate:

There is something intensely ironic in that.

hes right...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

anyways, rune kite is worth 75k-50k rune plate is 80-70k boots are 250k full helm is 35k med is 11k legs are 50k-60k rune scimitar is 35k-30k rune longsword is 20k

rune kite:75k-50k

rune plate:80k-70k

rune med:10k

rune full helmet:30k-40k

rune legs:50k-60k

rune longsword:20k

rune shortsword:10k

rune dagger:5k

rune scimitar:35k-40k

rune 2 hander:60k-50k

rune boots:250k-200k

NEXT LIST(dragon items)

dragon med:1100k

dragon chain:13000k

dragon kite sheild:4900k-5200k

dragon legs:2400k-2800k

dragon longsword:100k-110k

dragon mace: 50k

dragon battle-axe:200k-180k(you can buy for 200k in heroes guild after doing heroes quest or you can buy on the street for around 180k)

dragon dagger:30k

dragon dagger (p): 50k-40k

dragon dagger(+):50k-55k

dragon dagger(m):55k-60k

dragon dagger(s):70k-60k

dragon left half:3900k-3800k(is droped by shadow warriors and fire giants mostly)

dragon right half:750k-500k(bought in legends guild)

NEXT LIST(obsidian items)

obsidian maul:100k

obsidian knife:30k

obsidian sword:60k

obsidian staff:10k-30k????

obsidian cape:250k

obsidian sheild:450k

hope this helps

--------------------
MMORPG developed by jagex ltd. Join RuneScape.com today!

hawk kings editor edited by me for geneforge 2
http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=000906#00 0000
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #343
Please note that prices may vary depending on, but not limited to:

Location (in game)
Which world you're in
Time of Day
Time of Week
Time of Year
How many people are selling the same thing
Mother's Maiden Name

--------------------

BANNED
Member # 2385
Profile Homepage #344
Whew....<3 my level 55 runecraft. =D

Too bad I don't play anymore.

--------------------
I am a silly, silly fool.
Warrior
Member # 6368
Profile Homepage #345
if you dont play ne more ill gladly accept that acount, I promise i wont change pass or anything :D

--------------------

http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=000906#00 0000
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #346
I was going to play again, but all of a sudden I felt a strange pain at the back of my head, and thought, a bit irrationally: "What if this is a tumor?"

And I wondered what I would do if I had exactly four months left to live, and I realized that playing Runescape didn't make the list.

Reasoning further that I don't have much more than 180 times that left on this earth in any case, I decided against.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Warrior
Member # 6368
Profile Homepage #347
quote:
Originally written by An array cat:

I was going to play again, but all of a sudden I felt a strange pain at the back of my head, and thought, a bit irrationally: "What if this is a tumor?"

And I wondered what I would do if I had exactly four months left to live, and I realized that playing Runescape didn't make the list.

Reasoning further that I don't have much more than 180 times that left on this earth in any case, I decided against.

are you serious...?

--------------------

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #348
180 x 4 months = 720 months = 60 years

Yea, he's quite serious ;)

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #349
The life expectancy in Germany is 78?

EDIT: Wikipedia doesn't seem to provide an answer, and searching 'Life expectancy in Germany' has gay rights in Germany as its first search result.

[ Monday, December 19, 2005 19:25: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:

Pages