Baltazar the Mad (RP)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Baltazar the Mad (RP)
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #100
The fire lances all struck home, thanks to the long, arduous training Eferas had forced on himself. He chuckled mentally. Those old know-it-all professors back at the academy might know the theory of how to cast these spells, but they would never be able to use them in the heat of battle, Eferas had realized that when he had trained himself how to practically use his fire spells in combat.

Two assassins were struck in the face and killed instantly, another was taken to his knees as the bolt charred his legs. Three others were struck in the chest or belly, surviving but severely injured, their leather armor blocking some of the blast.

Eferas again raised his staff to do another, as a crossbow bolt buried itself deeply in his right arm. I should have known they'd all aim for the casters, Eferas furiously cursed his carelessness as the wound sent a stabbing pain up his arm. Managing to raise the staff with his left hand, he shot six flaming arrows - a pain-distorted shout of "Efer'yil'alaia!" - requiring only little concentration. He did not see the result through the haze of his pain - dammit, why does this hurt so much? - and thought only of getting cover.

Too late, he realized, as a thrown dagger took him straight in the thigh. He fell to the ground, and knew no more.

(OOC: YAY LOL OMG LOLLZ!!11 I got my 1000th post!! IMAGE(biggrin4.gif) IMAGE(biggrin4.gif) IMAGE(biggrin4.gif) . Ahem. IMAGE(redface0.gif) Sorry, had to get that out.)

[ Thursday, September 18, 2003 12:06: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Visit The Santharian Dream and its RP board. Or the Encyclopaedia Ermariana!
Got a brain? Go to Polaris!
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
To a conspiracy for downfall and desperance
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #101
OOC: Firedrake, it was Eferas that did the spellcasting. Namothil's magical abilities are not reliable, and consequently not used unless the consequences of not trying are worse than the possible consequences of casting the wrong spell.

IC: Namothil's blades swept out, flickering into their normal unobservable state. 'Not too many assassains. Easy enough, provided everyone else can deal with their share.' He blocked an assassains stroke, and then slashed the man's throat open. 'Reasonably competent. Probably the equal of a guild journeyman. Not in my league, of course.' He spun to face another attacker, and was suprised as this one blocked his opening stroke. 'Somewhat better than the rest. Could be a challenge.' He feinted, turned, and slashed. His opponent managed to partially parry the stroke, but it left a bleeding gash across his chest. 'Very impressive. Almost parried even without seeing the sword. But, not good enough.' He unleashed a series of rapid strokes, most of which were at least partly blocked. But several still inflicted further wounds, slowing the assassain. Finally, Namothil delivered a last stroke. His opponent collapsed, dead. 'Good. Not good enough.'
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #102
I haven't had time to post in an RP recently, and now that I want to, it's so far advanced that there's little I can do for the plot. However, little is not nothing...

My character is called Delgar. He's an expert illusionist-scryer, but can barely manage the weakest of energy bolts. However, his illusions are so powerful that he rarely needs to fight, instead escaping away and leaving his opponents baffled. Avoiding the usual mage-tower cliché that tends to make mages targets for wandering barbarians and adventurers, he instead had established a very good position as a universal spy, offering his scrying abilities completely above board to those who were rich enough to pay his amazingly high rates.
Just before Balthazar took over, he was one of the richest citizens of the island, if not the richest, and living very comfortably. He almost lost his life in the takeover, but some fast talking combined with half of Delgar's worldly wealth in ready money convinced Balthazar that Delgar was not a significant threat. Delgar still makes a little money from scrying, but hardly as much as he did previously, especially as Balthazar, his main employer, is exceedingly lax about payment.
He knows all about the rebels, of course, or at least most of the pertinent details, but he has not contacted them directly, mainly since he feels their strength is vastly insuffecient to take down Balthazar, and thus it is not worth the risk of helping them.
Now, however, an interesting message has come from one of Balthazar's functionaries: someone appears to be building a tunnel to one of Balthazar's tunnels. Delgar's instructions are to find out as much as he can. However, in the past he has withheld information, making Balthazar underestimate rebel numbers and dismiss them as insignificant. He may well do so again...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #103
The assassins knew Shadow Wolf was different. Five of them surrounded him in an instant. Shadow Wolf sheathed his blade, to their surprise. "You know, assassins, that it is useless to surround a master of the Circle of Thievery," he chuckled.

Shadow Wolf spun around in a jump, releasing a spray of little energy pellets that pelted the assassins in one wave, forcing them to cover their eyes to avoid getting blinded. Using the oppurtunity, the blademaster leapt over their heads, out of the mess. From behind he stabbed one assassin multiple times through the critical organs. "You regret approaching me, I know."

The other four assassins, now recovered, lunged at Shadow Wolf. He evaded the first three, and parried the blow from the fourth. Not wasting time, Shadow Wolf kicked him in the stomach and hamstrung the attacker before thrusting his blade down for the finishing blow. With great speed he slit the fourth man's throat, and kicked the fool away. The remaining two had surrounded him again, crossbows ready, one in front and one behind. "You're not getting away THIS time," they said at the same time.

"Oh, really?" said Shadow Wolf, and he teleported to a treetop, leaving an afterimage that the assassins fired through - and shot each other in the heart. (Phase Shift - SW can teleport to a random, closeby location to escape. he can do it no more than once in the heat of battle, though.)

OOC: yeah, SW is a great escape artist. IMAGE(wink0004.gif)

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #104
OOC:

Posting the tallies so far.

Firedrake - "A few". Six in total maybe? All dead, anyways.

Eferas - Two dead, four severely injured and effectively out of the fight. One of them should survive for questioning. Eferas has cast a second spell, but the arrows all went wild because he was injured.

Namothil - two, also, quite efficiently dead.

Shadow Wolf - five dead.

That makes nineteen. How many are there supposed to be? 25-30? Please, people, kill them sparingly, we want some other characters to have a go too. Milla and Nazgul didn't post anything yet. I'd say leave the rest up to them. IMAGE(wink0004.gif)

Casualties so far: Eferas is unconscious, struck to the thigh and the arm, and both wounds are probably poisoned. He won't be joining the fight so quickly again. Luckily no one shoots at him now since he looks dead.

Edit:

Eve - 1 dead

Total of twenty.

[ Thursday, September 18, 2003 13:04: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #105
One of the assassins advanced on Eve, seeing that she was younger than the others and possibly less experianced. He unsheathed his short swords while she drew her waveblade. They circled each other both taunting the other with quick slashes at there vunerable parts. the assassian respect for Eve grew more as she dodged his attacks. He then moved in suddenly using both swords she was forced to move back so she could keep the waveblade in play. She dodged the blow but was grazed by the second. Eve hissed in pain the in one fludid movement stabbed the man with her hidden dagger. He dropped soundlessly. Andrenline filling her veins she bounded away after another target.

--------------------
"Heads don't roll, they bounce!"

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:www.thespark.com now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a good site
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #106
Delgar looked in awed respect at the fighting abilities of the group. (OOC note: Delgar is scrying, so no-one engage in conversation with him, please...and VWM, even your character can't detect this. Honest.) Of the twenty-four elite assassains that had leapt from cover, only four remained, and they were looking far from certain about their changes of success. Even as they stopped, uncertain, Namothil cut another down, and they turned to flee. Delgar shook his head as the panicking men fled straight down the open path, easy targets for missiles in the back. Now for this tunnel...or maybe it was time to give up working for Balthazar?

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #107
OOC: If you want me to, I'll make something really bad happen to Mancire.

IC:
*As Mancire flies, he hears a voice in his head! It's Juggernaught!*
Juggernaught: You are closing in on my location! I cannot let you do that!*Activates eternal wound.*
Mancire: "AAACCCKKKK!!!" *Falls into a forest, he lands on an asassin, he is surrounded by hostile looking warriors, each one unique in their own way. 1 of them is on the ground.* "No matter, I can just blow you away!" *Attempts to use Sonic Soundwave roar, but all that comes out is a squeak.* "Well, that's not good. And I am too wounded to fly away! PREPARE TO SUFFER!" *Knowing the warriors are not friendly, he flies a few feet into the air, and prepares for battle!*

OOC: Mancire's in a big fight. Be wary the asassins will assist him sometimes.

POST COMPLETED

[ Thursday, September 18, 2003 15:07: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice ]

--------------------
Entertaining songs !Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 200 computers: read more!
"AH-CHOO!"
-George Washington
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #108
OOC:

Zephir: As far as I am concerned you have not left the tower. You shall be freed by Baltazar or MSW once we reach the tower. Be patient.

Omlette: Although I said no more players allowed, I will make an exeption on you, since I think you are one of the good RPs around. What I will ask you to do is that you read the hole RP...yes all of it. Its the least you can do if you wish to join a RP.

Omlette: Character aproved.

IC: (Siris time 12:00AM)

Kel-Aziz was surprised as how the group had handled the fight, he didnt even raise one of his hidden blades. Luckily for him he was not even a target for the assasins, he could not blame them, after all, he looked just like a beggar with those rags and dirty cloak all over him. He was also surprised these assasins had attacked them out of nowhere.

Kel-Aziz: Arcadia, what do you think about this.

Arcadia and Kel-Aziz were standing on a mound and had seen all the fighting from there.

Arcadia: Bounty Hunters...they know we are up to something. I bet we are going to encounter more groups like these before we reach Tunnel Base.
Kel-Aziz: Then we should move faster. Arcadia, can you heal Eferas?
Arcadia: It should take just a few seconds.
Kel-Aziz: Good. Firedrake, Namothil, ShadowWolf, Eve...lets get these bodies out of sight. We dont want any troops to follow our path.

[ Thursday, September 18, 2003 15:41: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #109
OOC: OKay, then! IF you're that stubborn! Mancire is extremely elusive... IMAGE(mad00000.gif)

IC:
*Mancire raced around the tower, trying to find a way out. He observed a window, he sees a fire barrier adn a few demon golems.*
Mancire: "These demon golems block my only exit...their appears to be no way out, but wait, the amazing Mancire can banish demon golems!" *The demon golems get a bit nervous at this bluff.)* "Now then...how does it go again...ah! Now I remember!" *The demon golems start to get pretty nervous.* "It goes some thing like..." *The demon golems are getting scared and dpn't want to be around much longer. They move a bot away from Mancire.* It worked! But how to get through this fire barrier...I've gotta figure it out soon, because those demon golems will soon move back here, and they won't fall for it again.. *He reaches out and pushes his finger through the barrier, it gets burnt badly.* "OW! That hurt! I'm not gonna fly through that! I'd get killed..."

Meanwhile, Alcove starts to get close to Juggernaught's whereabouts.
*Alcove hears a voice in her head.*
Juggernaught: You are getting too close to me, Alcove! I will do to you what I have done to Mancire!
*Several blue sparks of energy race to hit Alcove.*

OOC: You don't wanna get hit by those sparks, they cause Eternal Wound!

Great job, MSW! You rped me into a corner! I can't rp decently until Mancire is freed. IMAGE(mad00000.gif)
I"m not going to use Mancire in the next rp. IMAGE(mad00000.gif)

[ Thursday, September 18, 2003 15:58: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice ]

--------------------
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 200 computers: read more!
"AH-CHOO!"
-George Washington
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #110
OOC: Sorry, people. I would have posted sooner, but I was sick again today and too tired to stay awake for very long. Zephyr, your character will be free when I get back to the tower. It won't take too long, considering how far you were from it when you lost the mage. I will capture that mage before she gets too far.

Zephyr, you are rather impatient, and it is becoming impertinence to me. Calm down and wait a little will you. I am being battered up here by 50 mph winds and the house is crowded with relatives. Well, actually two relatives and their two dogs. Our house was made for three people and now there are five with two added pets. Cut me some slack.

IC: Alcove started scanning for the mage. She didn't have to travel far before she picked up a signal. It was off in the distance, maybe a hundred yards. "I knew she couldn't have gotten very far. Not out here." Alcove chanted some words and cast a few stealth spells on herself. She silently made her way towards the signal. When she was within 50 yards of it, she realized it was in the air instead of on the ground. "Oh, so she CAN fly. That's a surprise. Mancire had been wrong all along."

She moved closer to it and soon she could make out a figure in the air. It wore flowing robes of blue and wasn't looking behind it at all. "This may be easier than I thought." Just then, the figure turned around, as if it sensed something coming towards it and saw Alcove. The figure gave a cry of surprise and sent a fireball out at her. Alcove dodged it easily and continued forward.

The mage continued to throw all sorts of spells at Alcove and she dodged every single one of them with amazing skill. Soon Alcove was within fifty feet of the mage and could see that she was becoming desperate. For the first time, Alcove prepared a spell and threw it at the mage. The mage barely had enough time to react and at the same time threw an ice bolt spell at Alcove.

Alcove's slow spell hit the mage and she seemed to weaken considerably. The mage's ice bolt spell caught Alcove off-guard and struck her in the shoulder. "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!" She screamed in pain. "You will pay for that." Alcove chanted a few more words and threw a statue spell at the mage.

The spell caught the mage in the arm and she suddenly froze still. As she began to drop from the sky, Alcove quickly raved a few words and once again, her eyes glowed cobalt blue. She stretched out her index finger at the mage and a yellow beam shot from it. It struck the mage and wrapped around her. The mage ceased dropping and hovered frozen in mid-air.

Alcove used her free hand to cast another spell. She began speaking the familiar ungodly words and made a motion with her arm and hand that looked like she was bringing a fist down on a table. Two imps appeared in front of her. "Take the annoying little mage back to the tower and I will follow you from behind." The imps nodded and flew to the mage. Alcove released the beam and the imps caught the mage as she was released. They then proceeded to take her back to the tower, with Alcove following behind

OOC: We are currently beginning to feel the effects of Hurricane Isabel and I am not too happy about it. I am on my way back to the tower to free you Mancire, so be patient. Sorry if that was rather long, everyone. I needed to make it so that Mancire would stop worrying. I will free him in the next post, or, he can free himself by showing that Alcove and the imps have returned.

Bye.

[ Thursday, September 18, 2003 17:19: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------
(Looks around in the Study)
Colonel Mustard: "Just checking."
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #111
OOC: FB, being held prisoner does not prevent RPing. Try some character development. Say, how Mancire reacts to being imprisoned for (from his perspective) no reason at all. Oh, and giving the rebels a mage capable of casting offensive spells at that distance does NOT make sense - why bother sending a raiding party if you can do that? (If it's easy for Baltazar, Alcove, etc. to counter the spell, it still doesn't make sense, since the rebel mage should know this, and consequently would not attempt the spell.)

Quick IC just to justify this post: "Check for tracer spells first. Hiding them won't do any good without neutralizing such things. Arcadia, can you..."
"Yes. There was one. It's been dealt with."
"Alright then." They quickly move the bodies into the underbrush, and cover them.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #112
You know I don't have much rp experience. I don't know what Mancire is to do.

MSW, Isabel should wear out soon. It's only a category 2 hurricane. IT doesn't sound like it's gonna last much longer. Good luck.

[ Thursday, September 18, 2003 17:23: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice ]

--------------------
"AH-CHOO!"
-George Washington
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #113
OOC: So we're all heading to some tunnel in the woods right? Firedrake is going to decide to scout up ahead for enemies and to find the tunnel.

"I'll scout up ahead, see if any enemies lie in ambush," Firedrake said.

Firedrake moved up ahead, moving with stealth and silence. He notices that there are several footprints in the ground, quite fresh from last nights rain. He then returns to tell the others of his finding.

"There are some strange footprints in the ground ahead, very recent, 10 mins ago at the most," Firedrake reported. "I sent a few of my soldiers up ahead to guard the tunnel. Now. Let's get moving," said Arcadia.

The group then began to move foward upon the path. However, Firedrake had a bad feeling for some reason, as if being watched by death itself...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ignignok
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #114
OOC: Alright, I'll go ahead and take control of the battle and all. Sorry for not posting early.

IC:
Kyrissian managed a blow on Molek, but was beaten back as the two managed to make a suprising team together. Her army was really starting to feel the effects of defeat as they were thinning in numbers. "Retreat!" She shouted as the remaining forced began to withdraw. The rebels took pursuit on what was left of Kyrissian's army. "I'll hold them off mysself! Retreat back to town!" Kyrissian stopped and faced the rebel army.

10 minutes later...

Molek and Pachu stood at one side. The rebels made a circle around the three again. Kyrissian stood at the other end, Halberd ready. The three clashed once again. Kyrissian was slahed in the arm mid-fight as the pair once again fought with such skills never seen. They grew too headstrong.
Pachu charged foward with confidence as Molek drew back. Her chance came. Gathering strenght, she drove her halberd foward. The weapon came out, blood splurting everywhere. Pachu stood in shock with the weapon through his stomach, blood leaking down the halberd. His blank stare met with Kyrissian's. She pulled out her halberd and Pachu fell to the ground, motionless, and lifeless. Molek raced back and screamed behind him, "Take out that lizard!!!!" The rebel soldiers were immediately upon Kyrissian. Nothing else could be seen as Molek continued to race back toward HQ with the news of his friend's death.

OOC: There we go. What happens to Kyrissian? Who knows? You'll see her another time. IMAGE(wink0004.gif)

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote

Newage3 - Insanitatious Fun in a Browser!
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #115
IC: Eve walk silently, letting her feet do the walking while the rest of her senses were free to explore. This is quite a nice island she thought, listening to the sounds of small creatures going about their lives It is sad that its beauty is marred by all this death and destruction. she continued to listen to the forest when she had a hit of intution, something was wrong.
Of course there is something wrong, this is Siris Island remember? said the human side of her.
No, something different it smells bad like death the other side argued.
Then I will be careful she thought.

OOC: Just had a 2 hour english exam and I still didn't finish the story part of it IMAGE(mad00000.gif) . I don't know what Firedrake is planning but I just let my character have a hit of female intuition.

--------------------
"Heads don't roll, they bounce!"

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:www.thespark.com now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a good site
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #116
OOC: Darn it. I knew I mustn't leave my character out cold for a whole night. This is late.

IC:

Eferas suddenly woke from his unconsciusness. He was lying on the ground, but he could not think clearly for the abominable pain that was in his entire right side from shoulder down to his leg. It must have spread. Poison, he realized immediately. Damn, healing spells are not in my area of study.

Moaning slightly, Eferas turns around to get at his pack that lies next to him. Opening it, he takes out one of the three healing potions and drains the flask in one long gulp. He feels slightly better, but the stinging pain of the poison in his veins remained.

Time for a Purge Blood spell, he thought, lucky I can at least cure poison, as he searched for the sppropriate spell.

((ooc: it's a fire-based cleansing, just so you know))

"Fer'Unan'pha!" - Fire clean blood! - he mumbled, spreading his still sulfur-coated hands over the wounds. A searing pain engulfed him for a minute or two, making him gasp, but as it passed he knew that the poison was largely gone from his blood stream. His wounds now only aching slightly, he found his staff, straightened it on the ground and pulled himself up, stopping to pick up his pack and sling it over his back again.

Standing up, he surveyed the battle scene around him and noted that the remaining assassins had deserted the field. He had had no time to count them, but there had to be around two dozen. He had obviously come just in time for the bodies to be hidden; he counted twenty that were dragged into the bushes. The mage Arkadia then seemed to cast some sort of spell over them, and went towards him.

"You need any healing?" she asked.

"No thanks, I'm patched up all right now."

Straightening his back, he went after the others, who were now heading onwards toward the cave entrance.

((ooc: I edited the post, Nazgul. Hope you're happy now. I'm going to PM you for a suggestion.))

[ Friday, September 19, 2003 10:29: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 1229
Profile #117
Theobold looked blankly after the strange creature disappearing into the darkness of the cave.

"Spiders," he spoke, slowly, nodding as if to convince himself that all he just saw was real. "Talking spiders."

He looked up at Arrianne, and he could see she was frowning.

"Are you familiar with those... things?" Theobold asked, turning his neck toward her.

"I am," she replied, not looking at him. "They are an... odd breed of spiders. Friendly ones. They would not harm us."

"Friendly talking spiders. I see," Theobold replied. He looked down the tunnel, and began thinking. It was worth investigating, he decided, what with a mage scanning the air above him. Perhaps, if his luck held, it would even lead into Baltazar's tower. The Gods knew how those secret passages had been useful to them.

"Alright," Theobold said resolutely. "We'll go down there. And if those 'things' try to eat us, well, I suppose you'll just eat them, won't you? He smirked slightly at Arrianne, the first show of expression he had shown since she had met him. She frowned back at him in return.
"...Why are you insist on taking me with you, human?"
Theobold, who was at this time wading through the leaves toward the dug tunnel, stopped, and turned back towards her. It took a long time for him to answer.
"I don't know. Maybe I actually trust your words. Maybe I'm just asking for a quick death at your hands. At any rate, I have to keep an eye on you, otherwise, if I'm not mistaken, you'll go preying on innocent people. I don't want that."
Arrianne took a moment of looking at the strange man, curiously. After a moment, she said, slowly "And if I decided to feed on you down in that dark tunnel... what will you do then?" This time it was her turn to smirk.
"Then it'd give me a good reason to kill you. Besides, even if you did catch me off guard, I'd still kill you and then I'd kill myself. Now, are you coming, or not?"

OOC: Your turn premonition.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #118
[ooc] Apologies. Was out last night. [/ooc]

Arianne watched Theobold as he turned his back on her and approached the tunnel. Strange mortal, she mused. What does he mean, he'd kill himself? She followed him, cautious but eager to leave the draining light. The spiders had given her hope: annoying as they were, she had known them in the caverns. To see them on the surface... perhaps there was a way back down on this island.

She hesitated. There was blood in the air, the distant taint of magic unleashed: the feel of death and battle. Arianne bared her fangs and growled. She could not last long against the craving, she knew, and the mere hint of fresh blood shed was almost enough to send her over the edge. She would need to hunt soon. Night was soon enough; Arianne wanted to rest first, away from the accursed light. She stiffened, senses well-honed to dangers from a life lived in darkness coming to her aid now.

Moving quickly after Theobold, Arianne entered the tunnel almost on his heels, and felt a rush of relief to be out of the burning light. She turned immediately and stood watching the outside world from its shadows.

"What is it?"

"Someone approaches," Arianne replied tersely.

The archer noted that she sounded more at ease now. She stood absolutely still, her ragged cloak seeming to merge into the rock wall. A giant spider, blessedly mute, bumped against her leg as it tried to cuddle her; she ignored it. Dark eyes, unblinking in the paleness of her face, stared into the forest with a sharp intensity. Theobold followed her gaze, and after a moment saw a hint of movement as the Rebel party came into view.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #119
Investigating the tunnel, Delgar was again stunned by the forces that had gathered themselves together in opposition to Balthazar. Even he could see that a better chance to overthrow the archmage would not come in his lifetime, if ever. Hurrying down to his basement, he lifted all his scrying equipment from its normal place to the cart he'd readied for just such an emergency. Soon esoteric equipment was stacked high, all in preprepared places, and he was ready to go. Reining in his two horses, he departed his house, leaving behind an illusory Delgar of high enough quality to fool even Balthazar, provided it wasn't required to perform before the real Delgar reached his safe house-right now all his attention was on cloaking his cart and horses in invisibility. Leaving the city, he headed north, then, some two hundred meters along the road, turned left...straight into a tree...and through.

Hmmm...The illusion generators certainly haven't decayed with time. I hope the controls haven't either...

As the cart goes further through the woods-occasionally literally, although its invisibility prevents anyone realising this-it descends from a clearing into a cave. A quite natural cave, with a quite unnatural illusory wall blocking it up. Behind the wall, Delgar quickly places his scrying and illusion-generating items in the prepared places, then has a quick meal.

I have work to do.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #120
IC :
Aranea looks back and sees the archer and the vampire following.
Aranea : You want to see the tunnel ? We are not far from it. (Noticing the rebel leader) She is Arcadia she can make bugs appear and told us about some spells.

OOC : Arcadia met gifts during a rebel meeting. Maybe Baltazar went mad after talking with one but I will let The_Nazgul decide.

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #121
OOC: I think Spider will join the party only during the tunnel chapter, it would spoil a serious ending.

IC: (Siris time 1:00PM)

The Party had made it to a very unatural clearing in the middle of the jungle where a huge rock wall blocked further progress.

Firedrake: What now?
Arcadia: Well, we enter the tunnel and meet with the rest of the Rebels who made it here.
ShadowWolf:...and this tunnel is....where?...
Arcadia: Stare at the rock...just for a few seconds...

Before their eyes what apeared to be just another piece of mountain, turned out to be a small cave entrance.

Eferas: Intresting.
Arcadia: Hurry up, we dont want to linger outdoors.

One by one the party members entered the cave, suddenly ShadowWolf stopped abruptly.

Eferas: Whats wrong ShadowWolf.
ShadowWolf: Shhh....someone else is in these caves, I sense three creatures nearby...one of them is faint, I cant quite identify them...
Arcadia: It is probably some of the Rebel Guards protecting the place...

Kel-Aziz who had not spoken or done much during the whole journey besides the recruiting suddenly threw himself towards the cave wall, in an apperently idiotict act he streched his hands towards the wall as if trying to grab it, surprisinlgy he did. His hands grabed into what first seemed to be some weird soft cave substance only to later reveal it was a cloak and under it two humanoids and one spider came flying out.

Kel-Aziz: Who are you?!
Arcadia: Those are not rebels!

Eferas and Firedrake quickly grabed the two infiltrators, Kel-Aziz stared at the Spider wich had been standing there all the time, it was quite big and had a cartain air of intelligence about it. Arcadia noticed the Spider.

Arcadia: Spider!
Spider: Arcadia! This is the human mage I told you about ('Staring at the two unknown subjects).

The hole party was shocked to see this little creature speak.

Arcadia: Tell me spider, who are these people...
Spider: They are cute humans! I heard that they want to kill the bad wizard that kills our bugs!
Arcadia: I see, (staring at the two newcomers)...who might you people be.

Kel-Aziz now took a good look at the infiltrators, the male one he did not know but there was something about the female, even in the dark of the cave, that he knew. She had a familiar beautifull pale face.

Male: Theobold, that is my name.

The female seemed quite reluctant to speak but Kel-Aziz did it for her.

Kel-Aziz:...Arianne, that is her name if my memory does not fail me. She is a vampire.

The party suddenly felt quite uncomfortable with the creature there.

Eve: She explains that strange death precense I felt before.
Kel-Aziz: Do not worry, she is...a good vampire.(see Zombie attack RP)

Aracdia: Ok, we wont continue unless both of you tell me what are you doing here...

(Siris time 1:15)

OOC: Your turn to IC premonition or EataChinchilla.

EDITR: Delgar, extracted from this IC post.

[ Friday, September 19, 2003 09:06: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #122
OOC: Um, Nazgul? Did you read my rp post? I didn't really think that anyone before me posted we had gone on. Please, let my heal myself, I thought I'd written it out so well... IMAGE(frown000.gif)

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #123
OOC: Im sorry I had to hurry up like that but it seems you didnt read the post where I and Firedrake said we should burry the bodies, so there isnt much interrogation to do. Also, premonition and EataChinchilla spoted our group entering the cave so I was forced to hurry things up realy.

EDIT: Omlette: I erased your character from my last post. I thought you had arrived at the same cave that led to the rebel tunnel, sorry about that. Please edit your post and type some RP in its place. Also, wach your grumpy attitude. I was pissed too when you and spider entered this RP too late in the game but you didnt see me posting like you did, not to mention Zephirs posts. IMAGE(rolleyet.gif)

[ Friday, September 19, 2003 08:04: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #124
EDIT: redundant post removed. Apologies to Nazgul. Unfortunately, I can't stick anything else in here, as it's no longer the end of the topic.

-E-

[ Friday, September 19, 2003 09:22: Message edited by: Omlette ]

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Pages