Baltazar the Mad (RP)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Baltazar the Mad (RP)
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #75
IC:

quote:
"You idiot, you wretched idiot!!! You may be the stupidest person I have ever met. What a total numbskull."
Fluffy: "But I'm a wolf..."

OOC: I couldn't resist IMAGE(biggrin3.gif)

IC: *His fear and slight anger made him go into a Feral Rage*
*He starts clawing at the floor, trying to escape when he realizes something, and immediatly returns to normal*

Fluffy *the confused look when you are about to make a connection.*: "Wait there was something I forgot to mention......" *His face lights up* "Thats it of course!"

*He runs out of the room and down the hall*

Fluffy: "ALCOVE, ALCOVE, I'M NOT A COMPLETE IDIOT AFTER ALL!" *stops and pauses* "Wait I'm not an idiot..." *continues* "I overheard some useful information before I killed the man!"

*Alcove takes a breath and turns around. If looks could kill...*

Alcove *Only the lips move like when your mom or teacher gets really mad.*: "What is it, Fluffy?"

Fluffy: "I overheard something about them making a tunnel into the castle."

OOC: Well its your turn, *INSERT RESPONSE HERE.*

--------------------
Live teh fez.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #76
WTH??? C'mon, someone post! It's been 12 hours, for goodness sake!

(Note that I will try to follow up Nazgul's earlier description of the scene back at the inn, but Milla still hasn't posted since then. If any of you disagree with what I might post now, just go ahead and correct it in your post; I'll change it.)

OOC: Thanks Nazgul, you saved me with your IC!! IMAGE(smile003.gif) I know just what I'll do now...

IC:

Eferas looked intently at the scene before him. The man had, as he could quickly see, not been decapitated with a blade, but with claws - the cut just didn't seem smooth enough. On the other hand, the head had been severed precisely, almost carefully, as if the murderer had wanted to keep it for something. He then looked at the suspect, the girl who had introduced herself at Eve, and immediately recognized her for what she was - his training at Ximax had been far more extensive than just fire spells. What stood before him there had to be some sort of a half-human, or shapechanger. He did not recognize the animal she would turn into, but she might possess long claws in the transformed state.

He asked a nearby tavern customer where the corpse had been found, and following that, quickly went down to the tunnel.

Striking a small fire from his fingers and holding it levitating above his hands, he could survey the tunnel slowly. He saw the bloodstain where the innkeeper had been killed, and quickly went over to examine more closely.

What he found confirmed his theories. A small tuft of hair - animal hair - lay closeby; the innkeeper must have ripped it off the attacker in his struggle. He could not easily tell what animal it was from, but it was strong and bristly. He looked around further, and found a foot impression in the soft earthen ground - the cellar did not have a wooden floor. "Bingo." He thought to himself, as he immediately recognized the mark as that of a wolf. A bloody big wolf, and from the marks it left it seemed to have stood on two legs.

Eferas climbed back up the trapdoor and toward the scene where the other tavern guests were still assembled, eager to tell them of his finds.

(OOC: Nazgul, your post would follow this one logically with no problem, though you might put in that about the foot impression. IMAGE(wink0003.gif) )

[ Wednesday, September 17, 2003 12:10: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Visit The Santharian Dream and its RP board. Or the Encyclopaedia Ermariana!
Got a brain? Go to Polaris!
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
To a conspiracy for downfall and desperance
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #77
IC:

Kel-Aziz was running out of patience. There he was, in the middle of a crime scene, leading a group of adventurers to a Rebel leader he had never seen.

Kel-Aziz: Speak woman!!
Eve: I told you I dont know what happened here.
ShadowWollf: She is probably right Kel-Aziz, look at those markings.

Kel-Aziz took a closer look at the body.

Kel-Aziz: Ineed, these are huge claw markings, there is now way this girl had anything to do with this.
Firedrake: But a beast could not take a heads man and carry it away could it.
Kel-Aziz: I believe this was no common beast. It was a smart one...
Eferas:...a werewolf.(He then lifted his arm and showed everyone what he had found nearby. He was holding a piece of grey fur so that everyone could see.)
Sailor: Bah, that could be any dogs fur!! I say we teach this girl a lesson.
Namothil: Wait!

Everyone turned to the new arrival.

Namothil: I have seen these beasts before, they are half men, half wolf...that old man speaks the truth...this was the work of a werewolf.
Eferas: True, besides the footprints I found down there where far bigger than those of a common wolf.

The man that was holding Eve released her.

Eve: I told you I had nothing to do with this.

Kel-Aziz aproached the new arrival and separated him from the group.

Kel-Aziz: You seem to know quite enough of these creatures and by the looks of you I can see you are a man who has survived many battles, what is your name stranger...

Namothil: Namothil...I have indeed vast knowledge in combat and strange creatures such as werewolfs.

Kel-Aziz proceeded to explain Namothil the situation on the Island and the Rebels necesity to hire adventurers for the sneak attack on Baltazars tower.

Kel-Aziz: So...are you in?
Namothil: You can count on it.
Kel-Aziz: Exelent, come with us then.

Kel-Aziz quickly introduced Namothil to Eferas, ShadowWolf and Firedrake.

Kel-Aziz: Ok, this seems to be quite a decent group. We better get moving before noon, or we might have some trouble with the local authority and Bobs remaining corpse.

Kel-Aziz quickly ordered some of the locals to burry the body and go back to the Inn as if nothing had happened.

Firedrake: Where are we going now?
Kel-Aziz: We shall meet the Rebel leader.

And so the new formed party walked out of the port towards the secluded home of the Rebel leader, just outside the city by the eastern beach.

(Siris time 10:00AM)

OOC: I hope I represented each character well. Sorry for playing your character Milla but you took to long to answer. Milla If you want your character to join make her follow us.

IC: As the party cautiosly left town avoiding eye contact with any other local sailor the managed to make it and arrive in one peace at the eastern beach.

Kel-Aziz: Thats it, that the house Bob told me about.
Drakefire: Doesnt look much like a Rebel HQ to me.
Namothil: Maybe thats why they need our help so much.
Eferas: There is more than what meets the eye. These Rebels were smart in choosing such a small unremarcable cottage as a base for their leader.

Kel-Aziz aproached the small cottage and knocked the door carefully, avoiding throwing the weak door over. No one answered, sudenly they all felt a wave swept through their brains.

ShadowWolf: What was that.
Eferas: My guess is that they scanned our minds. Mmm, there is a powerfull mage working for these people.

Suddenly they all heard a voice from inside the hut.

Voice: You may come in. Arcadia was expecting you.

As they entered the were greeted by a rebel guard.

Guard: You cant be to carefull these days. A flying lizzard captured one of our mages this morning at a nearby Rebel base. Please. Follow me.

To everyones surprise the guard started walking towards the wall of the wooden hut, suddenly he passed right through it!

Kel-Aziz: Intresting. Lets follow.

As the party passed through the ilusionary hall they where surprised to see what they met at the other side.

OOC: I will let anyone of the party describe the real rebel base.

[ Wednesday, September 17, 2003 12:38: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #78
*The imps catch up to Mancire. And a fierce battle begins.*
Mancire: "You cannot stop my revenge, the mage that killed my parents will fall." *He uses Power Soundwave, the imps cover their ears in pain. While there distracted, Mancire uses Silver Needle roar, one imp gets sliced up by the needles.* "Run back to the tower, and tell Alcove I will be back with a Rebel mage that knows where the Main Rebel base is, or you will face the same penalty as your partner!" *The imps cower, and flie back to the tower with Mancire's message. Mancire then increases his altitude above the range of the SAMM towers. He flies into the base without making a sound. Most of the base is sleeping in, so Mancire slips wiht ease into the local Rebel Mages room. He pulls his blanket off, and then wraps it around his head and neck. He then runs outside, and with great difficulty, he flies just above the SAMM towers' range. He slowly flies to Baltazar's tower. Soon, the Rebel Mage starts struggling. Manicre moves part of the blanket, allowing the mage to see how high they are. He stops moving.*
Mage: "Where are you taking me? It's you, Mancire!"
Mancire: "If you hurt me, I'd drop you, and you can't fly! Now then, when we reach the tower, you will tell Baltazar EVERYTHING you know, or it's curtains for you! And you will remove my Eternal Wound, or you're dead!"

OOC:I'd say this is good. If it's a b it much, I won't do it in the future. But I'd like this to stay.
POST FINISHED

Oops, you're not done with you're post. Bare in mind I'm still not quite familiar with the contruction system yet. Today just isn't going well.

[ Wednesday, September 17, 2003 11:58: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice ]

--------------------
Entertaining songs !Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 200 computers: read more!
"AH-CHOO!"
-George Washington
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #79
Zephyr, since you're describing a different scene, that should be no problem. IMAGE(wink0003.gif)

--------------------
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #80
OOC:Many apologies I was unable to reach the computer yesterday.
IC:
"Will you join?"
"What?" Eve was jerked out of thoughts of murderers and lynching mobs. The man she heard called Kel-Aziz had asked.
"The rebellion against Baltazar, you look like you have got experiance in fighting,"
"As well as some other talents," the man called Eferas was staring strangely at her. Does he realise what I am? she thought a little fearfully.
"Yes then," Eve answered keeping her eyes averted from Eferas. She had thought something was going on the island and now she was embroiled in it. Kel-Aziz then proceeded to tell her about the rebellion and formally introduced her to the others in the group.

OOC: Ok I've got my character to join the rebellion. Sorry if I wrote someone's character wrong. But I really need to go to school.

--------------------
"Heads don't roll, they bounce!"

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:www.thespark.com now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a good site
Warrior
Member # 1229
Profile #81
The vampire had finished speaking, and Theobold was still standing, looking at her with tension. It would be so easy to reach for an arrow, notch it to his bow, pull back on the string, and shoot her through the heart. *So* easy to do away with the unholy creature.

But something was stopping him. Something, maybe the pleading tone in her voice, or the comeliness of her pale face. Maybe he actually believed what she said (as if he could trust the words from such an evil monster!).

But, mercy conquered him, and so, to the surprise of the vampire, he sat down silently against a rock across from her. Silent, but alert, ready to strike if she tried anything. For, though he had never actually met a vampire, he knew that they were devious, and deceitful. They'd try anything to get what they want.

But now he had a real problem. Since he didn't kill the vampire, he'd either have to help it survive, and leave it to die. But he had to keep an eye on it to make sure it didn't harm the living. So now, not only did he have to sneak into a magical tower, probably loaded to the walls with wizardly obstacles and traps, and kill a powerful mage, but he also had to keep an eye on a vampire. He cursed himself for being so stupid.

Before he could ponder this more, however, the vampire seemed to start. Quickly shifting out of his thoughts and raising his eyes, Theobold automatically lifted up his bow and reached for an arrow. When he found that she wasn't going to attack, Theobold spoke.

"What is it?"
"A mage eye," she croaked from her weakened voice. "We're being watched."
Theobold got to his feet and scanned the sky for any sign of observers. A mage eye? he pondered. Theobold first looked alarmed, then irritated. After all the effort of not being seen, his cover gets blown! Theobold was slowly realizing that this was not a good day.

"We have to get out of this place as quickly as possible. Likely they'll be sending guards to check on us. Can you walk?"

The vampire looked up at him with her brow furrowed, curious as to what he would be planning. Not in any state of mind to inquire, however, she merely nodded.

"Get up then. I want to get into a shaded area as quickly as possible. Maybe we can find some dense woodlands. Or a cave. Follow me."

Arrianne slowly crawled up the rock with her back and got to her feet. Then, staggering a little, she followed the human, eager to be out of sunlight.

OOC: Sorry for controlling your character, premonition. IMAGE(smile003.gif)

[ Wednesday, September 17, 2003 14:04: Message edited by: EatAChinchilla ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #82
The sweeping of the town began and finished like anything else. They serched around the port town and found nothing. Sstrange... this place is alwaysss crawling with rebel idiots. Kyrissian knew something was amiss and decided to do a detailed serch for herself.

10 minutes later, she found the mound where the bartender was buried. Immedietly, everyone was interrigated around to see what was going on. One person in the inn squeaked about the adventurers going to find the rebel leader. He told the direction of excatly where they went. Within minutes, the troop got together and marched in the direction toward the rebel base.

OOC: Waiting for chapter 3... its the only way this character will Really get in.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote

Newage3 - Insanitatious Fun in a Browser!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #83
As Kel-Aziz and the crew moved along, Shadow Wolf began to sense something. Well, two things. He seemed to feel the energies of the same mage that tried to probe his mind from the skies, but failed. He or she seemed to come from afar, too, but in the same island. He also felt somebody trying to track them down.

"I suggest we hide in the bushes for a little while," Shadow Wolf blurted.

"What do you mean?" Kel-Aziz asked, eybrow raised.

"We're being followed. I would try to fool them into following the wrong paths, but there IS no alternate road."

"Can't we just fight them off?" Kel-Aziz ridiculed. "Assuming they're from Balthazar."

"Fighting is the last option, viable only when nothing else can be done. If the fight can be avoided, then it is wise to avoid it. Trust me on this one - I'm a veteran of a ten year war."

"The man's right," Firedrake pointed out.

And with that, the group lay well concealed within the bushes and the trees...

OOC: yeah, Shadow Wolf can feel sources of great magical power as well as hostile entities with his mind. usually he can't actually tell the actual identity, unless the distance is close or unless he's felt the same thing before.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #84
OOC: I have been getting really confused lately. This RP gets weirder and weirder by the minute. I am losing track of everyone's positions. I keep getting Mancire and Fluffy mixed up. It seems that lately when I tell a certain side of the story, people forget what I have posted and take it on themselves to recreate the scene. I am not naming any names, but you know who you are.

IC: Alcove turned around and looked at Fluffy. How in the hell did you get out of your room?!!! I cast a statue spell on you, summoned mice in your room, and sealed it with a magic barrier. How did you escape from your punishment??!! You have some explaining to do. Plus, you don't need to worry about the rebel base information, Mancire is already in the process of botching it up for us."

She then sensed Mancire approaching the tower. She walked over to the window and looked out. She was nearly knocked off her feet when Mancire suddenly came through the window, carrying a cloth with him. He spoke to her triumphantly as he came through the window. "I have brought you a present. It is a rebel mage and she will tell you where the rebel base is."

Alcove looked down at the empty blanket and then back up at him. "Is this some kind of joke, Mancire? That empty cloth is going to give me the location of the secret rebel encampment?" Mancire looked down at what he was carrying. He no longer had the mage in the blanket. "Oh, NO!!!! She must have fallen out!!! I got to go find her!!!" Alcove cast a statue spell on him before he could leave.

?Oh, no you don?t!!!!! Not again!!! I doubt that you dropped that mage, not with claws like yours. It?s more likely that seeing she was going to end up as prisoner, she took her chances and teleported away. What did you think you could do? Just grab a mage and think that you could get them here without some form of retaliation? Mages can do things that you cannot conceive.?

Mancire now frozen in one place, looked somewhat demoralized. Alcove spoke once again in harsher tones than before. ?I can?t trust you to stay put in your room. You killed my imp guards last time. This time I will put you there and make sure that you can?t get out. I can?t keep you there with a statue spell. It didn?t seem to work on Fluffy when I tried it last time, and he is very similar to you.

There is something about your two species that makes you ?statue spell? resistant. No, this time I will put a fire barrier in place on each window and put demon golems in place as guards in front of them. If you try to escape this tower, they will rip you to shreds. You will be free to roam the tower. You just won?t leave it until I return. I am going to go out to find that mage before she makes it back to the rebel base.

Her power is weaker than mine, I can feel it. So, she couldn?t possibly have teleported as far away as I can. She would have teleported to a safe distance from you and started to make the trek back to the base. Teleportation is not a thing to be used lightly. It depletes a user of much magical energy. Now I am off."

She removed the statue spell from Mancire and quickly flew out the window, chanting all the while. Soon Demon Golems started appearing in all the tower windows. Then she raved a few more words and pointed her hand at the tower. All the windows began sealing themselves up with fire barriers. She turned around and looked at al the land around her. "This is going to be quite a challenge. But can handle it." She flew forward and began scanning the land.

[ Wednesday, September 17, 2003 18:09: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------
(Looks around in the Study)
Colonel Mustard: "Just checking."
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #85
OOC: I've got a good idea. Just keep in mind HIS name is Juggernaught(The rebel mage.)
IC:
Mancire: *Stares at a demon golem as best as he can.* Those things look a lot like me! If I can make myself black, I'm home free. Oh...I can't return home. Not in this body. But where can I make myself black?*He explores the tower, where he finds a scroll. He skims over it, and finds out it's a dying spell.* How lucky. *He uses the scroll, it turns black, and then covers him. He then moves to a window, and some demon golems let him out. When they're not watching him, he quickly flies away. His blackness starts to wear off as the scroll remains dissolve of his body, but he is free!*

OOC: That was a good plan! What tower where insane mages onced lived is complete without a dying scroll?

[ Wednesday, September 17, 2003 18:22: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice ]

--------------------
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 200 computers: read more!
"AH-CHOO!"
-George Washington
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #86
OOC:Zephyr,no offense but wouldn't the demon golems sense that Mancire is not a golem and that turning himself black wouldn't trick them? Sorry if I read it wrong.
Maybe someone should post where everyone is so there is no more confusions.

--------------------
"Heads don't roll, they bounce!"

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:www.thespark.com now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a good site
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #87
OOC: Current locations thus far:

Good guys:
Kel Aziz-Rebel Base
Efras-Rebel Base
Namothil-Rebel Base
Eve-Rebel Base
Shadow Wolf-Rebel Base
Firedrake-Rebel Base (To the most of my knowledge...)

Neutral Guys:
Theobold-With Arianne, Heading for cover.
Arianne-Heading for cover.

Bad Guys:
Aclove: Just left the tower, scanning.
Fluffly: Inside the tower.
Mancire: Inside the tower. (More or less, I won't believe the escape post you made.)
Kryissian: Heading to Rebel base.

Hopefully this will be very useful to you.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote

Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #88
OOC: Thanks Tommy IMAGE(smile003.gif) . I think MSW and WiseMan were a bit confused. If you still feel confused, try reading this posting page again.

IC: (Siris Time 10:30)

The party had already made it to the lower levels of the Rebel base. To their surprise, the lower levels of the Rebel base were a huge network of tunnels streching across for a few miles. Luckily a Rebel guard was guiding them throw the tunnels.

Firedrake: Impressive base you have here.
Rebel: Indeed, we must have enough space for all our barracks and supplies.

Soon they arrived to what seemed to be the main cave. A huge cavern that streched high enough as to look like a castle hall. This room was carefully decorated and magical light ball lightened the place. In the center of the hall there was a long wooden table that ocupied most of the cave, on one end of the table a beautifull women in purple robes was waiting. At her left side a huge man with heavy armour, on her right side a slim small man with leather armour an eye patch and an impressive amount of daggers.

Arcadia: Welcome travelers, we have been waiting for you.

...Our heroic adventurers have arrived at the very heart of the rebel base, before them Arcadia was waiting. Long had the rebels waited for this moment, soon they would have the chance to battle the enemy forces. All of it depended on their master plan...The Tunnel. For years they have diged and blown up tons of rock, deep within the Island and finnaly they have made it to the very Tower of Baltazar. The only missing piece of the puzzle was the band of brave adventurers that would fight their way to Baltazar and slay him...luckily for the rebels that piece has just arrived.

CHAPTER III: The Tunnel

The band slowly aproached the table and took their seats. As they did, other rebel high officials entered the main cave and joined the table.

Ariande: Rebel Comrades, free people of Siris, loyal warriors of king Theodus. Today may be the last day we gather under this rock, today may be the last day we live hiding under ground, today...may be the last day we live under the shadow of Baltazar. Gentlemen, the last piece of our master plan has just arrived...meet, the assasins of Baltazar.

All eyes of the table turned to the band of adventurers.

Eye-patched guy (Pachu): They seem more like a bunch of sailors to me.

All the hall cracked up in laughter, exept for the adventurers and Arcadia.

Aracdia: Do not be deceived by their looks Pachu, for I have seen in their minds and hearts since their arrival and they have survived more battles than any of us.
Heavy Armoured Guy(Molek): Is it so...(aproaching the adventurers)...well I hope these so called veterans dont spoil our master plan.
Kel-Aziz: Pardon my interruption but ..what mission are you talking about?

Arcadia quickly briefs the hole party of the tunnel and the mission to slay Baltazar.

Eferas: I understand. I think I speak for all this group when I say we are more than willing and capable for this task.
Molek: So it is done, we shall show you the way to the tunnel entrance behind Siris mountain and escort your way there.
Arcadia: The entrance is covered by an illusion but you shall be able to see the entrance.

Arcadia mutters a brief spell and all the party feels a warm sensation around their bodies.

Suddenly the meeting is interrupted by a Rebel Guard that bursts in the Main Cave almost breathles.

Rebel Guard:...an army....Baltazar....!
Molek: Calm down soldier!
Rebel Guard: ...they are comming this way! They will soon discover our secret base!
Pachu: Quickly, prepare the defenses, sound the alarm!!
Aracdia: The adventurers may not be harmed, they shall travel with me!! We shall leave through the back tunnel!! Any survivors shall meet with us at The Tunnel!!
Molek: I and Pachu shall command the resistance here.
Pachu: Do not worry, we shall give you enough time...now GO!!

The party quickly follows Arcadia through the tunnels and out of the Rebel base and into the wild jungles of Siris Island. Back in the Rebel Base, Molek and Pachu are preparing their surprise assault .

(Siris Time 11:00)

OOC: Ok, no more players may join, let the first battles begin!

[ Thursday, September 18, 2003 06:40: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #89
The amry had reached the small cottage. It seemed as though that was all it was. Kyrissian was displeased. That spiteful moron will pay for leading uss to this dead end... She walked toward the house and began to search it. She came upon the invisible wall by accident: She kicked one of her soldiers at the hut and he passed right through. She immedietly called everyone to attention. They prepared to enter when out of wall, a rebel band popped out and charged! Molek and Pachu were in the front.

The rebels split the whole army in two and surrounded them. Kyrissian knew this would demoralized the soldiers and the archers were in great danger. After stabbing and and cutting some rebels, she headed strait for the leaders. No one, and I mean NO ONE, will ambush me and get away with it! Kyrissian leaped high into the air: more than 10 feet. Everyone almost stopped fighting to look up as her figure continue to float in the air. She spotted the heavily armored man that had charged and drove her halberd strait down. Molek had enough time to react. He deflected her attack and flew off balance. A circle formed around Kyrissian and Molek as Pachu came out.
"You alright?" Pachu asked.
"Yeah... that bastard lizard is Kyrissian..." Molek breathed. "She will pay for all those rebels she has killed thus far."
The three stood and time practically froze. Two pairs of eyes stared right into hers. The sounds of battle grew on around her and the two leaders. "I think I'll have ssome fun with you two..." Kyrissian said with a smile. Both sides charged.

OOC: Ah, yes. Hero battle, right here! =P I don't want to kill anyone in my posts personally, so I'll let someone else show this battle out.

--------------------
-Random Quote

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #90
OOC: Nice scene Nazgul. Just how big is this army, btw - it must be pretty big if you wouldn't allow us to fight it. IMAGE(tongue03.gif)

We might have to fight some wild stuff in the jungle. Tigers maybe? I don't think they come in groups though, and a pack of animals would be best. Just suggest something, or write the scene. Oh, and since we're all in one group now, you have to watch even closer that you don't play the other chars too much. IMAGE(wink0003.gif)

Zephyr, please scratch that escape. Demon golems are not gonna fall for a coupla lizard wings and black paint. I'd suggest you don't keep undoing everything MSW does in each of your post, especially if you describe it so illogically. It's just another way of power-gaming.

Edit: Tommy, what a pity we didn't get to stay there. Would have been such a nice battle. *whines at Kel-Aziz, ehm, Nazgul, for dragging him away from the fighting* IMAGE(tongue03.gif)

[ Thursday, September 18, 2003 06:58: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #91
"Wait." The rest of the party turned to look at Namothil. "I have a few preparations to make. I suggest that the rest of you take the time to be certain you are ready now. It will not do to enter Baltazar's tower unprepared." He took a small bottle and a cloth out of his pack, shook some fluid out of the bottle onto the cloth, and calmly began wiping his swords with it.
"What..."
"Dragonbane. Or, more properly, Dragonbane Extract. We know there's at least one half-drake working for Baltazar. I'm not inclined to give him any advantages." He tossed the cloth to Firedrake. "You might want to coat your own weapons, as well."

OOC: FB, in answer to your question, I would say most of them are complete without a dying scroll. BTW, that sort of lucky find is part of what annoys people in your RPing. Try having some bad things happen to your character on occasion.
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #92
IC :
Soon after entering the wood, Theobold and Arianne are joined by a giant spider. Theobold takes aim. The spider looks at him.
??? : Hi, you are cute ! I am Spider !
Noticing the other person, Spider runs to her but slip on mud (remember that there was a storm) and bomps on her foot.
Spider : Uh? You are cute too !

Suddenly another giant spider join them. Theobold get aim.

??? : Spider ! Go back in the woods ! Now !
Spider : Look, they are cute !

Spider goes into the woods.

??? : Sorry, they are really excited because we found a tunnel while digging a hole. I am Aranea and protect my friends against adventurers! Can I help you ?
Theobold : I want to get into a shaded area.
Aranea : This is O.K. Follow me.We have tall trees and giant webs makes this part of the forest very dark.

OOC : Here, gifts and araneas have quite a symbiosis : araneas protect gifts and gifts give them some of their eggs. premonition and EatAChinchilla can follow Aranea if they want.

[ Thursday, September 18, 2003 11:37: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #93
OOC: SIS, are you going to play Aranea? I was a tad confused there. I can't await the moment Eferas stumbles upon some GIFTS or Araneas. He's a *real* bad arachnophobe. IMAGE(tongue03.gif) (Like me.)

IC: Eferas looked curiously at the substance Namothil was spreading over his blade. "A weapon poison against reptile creatures?" he asked incredulously. He had learned a lot about alchemy and poisons at the academy as a part of his general training, but there were no dragons in the land where he lived - they had died out almost completely and faded to a mere legend.

Meanwhile, Eferas sat down on the soft forest ground to make some preparations of his own. Opening his pack, he gets out a little pouch, and pours some yellowy powder on his hand. A nasty, almost rotten smell was in the air. Eferas rubbed his hands until they were completely coated in the sulfur, while the sweat of his hands did its work and caused the substance to stick closely to his skin.

Eferas got to his feet, and closed the pouch loosely, but did not return it to the pack. Instead, he stuffed it in his belt, readily availably.

With another movement, seeming almost uncommonly lithe for a man of his age, Eferas turned his stark red robe inside out; the other side was a dark brown, almost black, and easily overlooked in the jungle. "Can't be going around wearing fancy colors in the wilderness..." he mumbled to himself.

Gripping his staff tightly, he turns face Kel-Aziz and Arkadia, ready to walk on.

OOC: How about a small ambush now? It would be boring to have the first fight be the end boss Baltazar. IMAGE(tongue03.gif)

[ Thursday, September 18, 2003 09:35: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #94
OOC:

Tommy: I will leave that hero fight up to you. Just be shure to get hurt and suffer some losses. Let one of the rebel heroes to flee so that he may tell Arcadia what happened to the base.

Arancaytar: You can make up the Siris Island forest encounters. Maybe make a huge encounter were we migh be saved by Thebold and Arianne so they can also join the group.!!

IC: (Siris time 11:30)

As the party ran deeper into the jungle they could hear the echoes of battle. For a moment Kel-Azizs battle instincs grew stronger, he felt the sudden need to run back and join in battle, but in his mind he knew he would serve much better killing Baltazar.

Arcadia: Hurry men, we need to get to the tunnel entrance before the sun rises even more and covers all the land...ShadowWold, Eferas hurry! We shall have enough time to prepare for the attack at the Tunnel.

OOC: We will also have more encounters during the Tunnel Trip, wich shall be in Chapter IV, then more encounters while we travel up the tower Chapter V and finaly the last encounter against Baltazar, Chapter VI. So dont worry we shall have a lot of battling to do. IMAGE(biggrin3.gif) IMAGE(wink0003.gif)

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #95
OOC : I am going to play as Aranea (and,probably, some gifts and araneas), an intelligent, very protective yet peaceful giant spider with some spells. Aranea is NOT over-friendly but doesn't want to have foes. It might join but only if correctly persuaded, it is somewhat bureaucratic in its duty. I would have liked to have The_Nazgul approvement.

[ Thursday, September 18, 2003 10:26: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #96
"Wait." Shadow Wolf sensed that mage again. It was still too far to do anything about it though.

"Well, what's going on?" Efera asked.

"Nothing," he answered. "Let's move on, quickly."

After a while the group stopped again, at Shadow Wolf's request. "Assassins," he explained. "I can feel their silent approach from all directions."

Indeed, they were ambushed by assassins, but they were ready to fight...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #97
EDIT: OH NO! Shoulda posted a li'l quicker. Or at least put up a construction post. :rolleyes

Okay. I'll change this.

IC:

Eferas was stumbling after the rest of the party as fast as he could with his hobbling gait, using his staff for balance. Soon, as he was almost out of breath, as Shadow Wolf suddenly called out for them to halt.

"Assassins," he explained. "I can feel their silent approach from all directions."

As if on cue, a dozen black-cloaked men jumped stealthily from the surrounding bushes, knives and crossbows in their hands. They struck swiftly and silently. One bolt had already grazed Eferas' shoulder, before he could do anything.

"We're trapped!" Eferas shouted out the obvious, unnecessarily.

Eferas spent a short moment deciding which spell to use, then settled on Fireblast, wonderfully apt to use with these scattered multiple targets. He raised his hands, his staff in the right, visualizing each of the six targets he could choose. Then he shouted out the words "Ereiá efér!" - flow fire - after the manner of the mages in his homeland. His hands fell down in a swift cutting gesture, his right transfroming the motion into a sweep of his arm, drawing the staff around him in a circle as the projectiles took flight...

((ooc: that's all I should post, probably. The rest of the battle is up to any of the adventurers. Note that Eferas is extremely vulnerable in close combat. IMAGE(wink0003.gif) Also, Arianne, Theobold and the spiders might join the fight at some point.))

[ Thursday, September 18, 2003 11:43: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #98
OOC: I need to know if any of your characters have magical abilities, and how strong.

Firedrake launched several throwing knives at the enemies. Taking a few down he charged, Assasin's daggers drawn, and charges into battle. Namothil casts a fire-based spells, Kel-Aziz moves to attack a few of the closer assassins. Using some quick moves, FD takes a few more out... the battle continues.

OOC: Can't think of anything else right now.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ignignok
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #99
quote:
Originally written by *Milla*:

OOC:Zephyr,no offense but wouldn't the demon golems sense that Mancire is not a golem and that turning himself black wouldn't trick them? Sorry if I read it wrong.
Maybe someone should post where everyone is so there is no more confusions.

Just a stroke of luck the Delom Golems judged Mancire by his looks. It won't happen again.

--------------------
"AH-CHOO!"
-George Washington

Pages