Baltazar the Mad (RP)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Baltazar the Mad (RP)
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #50
OOC: Just to clarify something. Since I know our characters will eventually get into a fight, it wont be very fun for the other RPer if you say something like, *I plunge my sword into the other guy and he shrieks. He trys to retaliate but I parry his blow and strike him again. Utterly helpless the guy screams when the last blow is struck and he falls to the ground lifeless.* You have to give the other RPer credit for being a good fighter. And you dont want to say the guy died. That really pisses people off. Leave that up to them if they want to die or run away. A good idea of a fight would be something like, *Greg lunges his sword at Fred, grazing his left cheek as he dodges the blow. Fred quickly slashes at Greg and catches a good blow to his shield arm. Greg drops his hand to his side, his arm limp, no shield to protect him. Fred smiles with pleasure when Greg flings his sword at him. The sword smashes into the middle of his plate mail and creates a gash in his chest. Fred, shocked at what happened, drops his own shield and sword. He rips the sword out of his chest and it hits the ground. Greg slowly draws a hidden dagger from his boot. Fred is in trouble, he waves his hands and yells out some words. There is a cloud of smoke, and Fred has transported away to safety.* This way nobody loses, and I believe both people come out happy.

IC:
*When Fluffy was scared away, his rage completely dissapated. Curious and a bit frightened he sneaks up to the Throne room to find Alcove exiting*
Fluffy: "So Alcove, what happened? Are we okay?"

Alcove *Still slightly annoyed.*: "Yes Fluffy, there was no danger in the first place. And you have to learn how to control your rage. You almost injured Mancire before he even got to deliver his message to Baltazar."

Fluffy *Now curious*: "Message, what message?"

Alcove: "Some rebels are going to try and kill Baltazar."

Fluffy: "NO! I still need him to change me and my clan back to normal. Those rebels will regret the day they crossed with Fluffard McMuffin!" *A tone of pride in his voice*

Alcove: "Oh please dont tell me you are going to do anything stupid."

Fluffy *Not really paying attention*: "Not to worry. Baltazar wont even have to lift a finger while I'm around. I'll take care of this rebel problem!"

*He speeds off down the corridor and out of sight.*

Alcove: "*Sigh* I should really look into killing him."

--------------------------------------------------
Later-

*Fluffy is walking along the paths in the Port.*

Fluffy: "Now where would I find some information about these Rebels."
*His eyes catch sight of an Inn.*

Fluffy: "Ahh yes, perfect. If I can find someone in there who knows about the rebellion, I could fake to join, ha ha ha."

*He walks into the Inn.*
*Everyone turns their gaze upon him.*

Man: "Hey look, It's Fluffy! Baltazar's slave boy, HAR HAR HAR!"

Fluffy: "Well there goes my cover... If only I could change back into a human."

*He is about to leave when he sees a man leave the Inn through a back door. Fluffy follows trying to go unnoticed. He waits at the door for a few seconds then opens it. He is surprised to that there is no one there. He is about to turn around and leave when he hears voices from below.*

quote:
Kel-Aziz: Rebel?
Bob: Thats right.
Kel-Aziz: What are you rebeling against.
Bob: You better have a seat, Its a long story.
*Fluffy waits until he hears the voices stop. Then a hatch opens up from the ground below, almost invisible to the naked eye. Fluffy hides from view.*

quote:
Bob: One more thing! The more warriors you bring with you the better.
Kel-Aziz: Dont worry, I have an experienced eye when it comes to searching for good men.

With that said, he headed towards the Inn.
*Fluffy growls*
Fluffy: "Heh heh nows my chance."
*He sneaks down into the hiding place.*
Innkeeper *not looking*: "Back so fast? Need more information?"
Fluffy: "*Snarls* Thank you for telling me about the rebels! I'm sure Baltazar will be happy to hear what you have had to say."
*The innkeeper turns around.*
Innkeeper: "Hey your not Kel-Aziz! How did you get in-"
Fluffy: "I might take you to Baltazar by force, but I wouldn't be able to leave the inn without being stopped by someone, if you struggled anyway. I think Alcove or Baltazar might have a spell that can probe your mind even while dead!"

*Fluffy leaps forward claws extended and slashes the man across the neck. He falls back dead.*

Fluffy: "All I need is your head."
*He finds a cloth bag and cuts the mans head off. He drops it in the back.*
Fluffy: "And let this body be a message for all those who stand against Baltazar."

*He leaves, and heads back torward the castle. Blood staining the bottom of the bag.*

--------------------
Live teh fez.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #51
OOC: I'll just add a little twist...
IC:
*Mancire's eyes suddenly become vacant. No pupils, or iris.*
Mancire: It's you again, the mage that killed my parents!
Mage: That's correct, and you know what happens when Rebel blood is spilled on this island.
Mancire: No, don't activate the Eternal Wound spell!
Mage: You know I will!
Mancire: I will gleam with pride when I thrust your head on a SPIKE for all to see!
Mage: AHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!*Activates Eternal Wound*
Mancire: *His eyes become occupied by blue irises, and black pupils.* "AHHHHH!!!! THE WOUND!!" *He clutches a part of his right arm where there is a faint blue mark. It glowed a furious red.* "NNNOOOOOOOOO!!!" *He falls right out of the sky.*

OOC: Uh-oh, looks like he needs to be rescued again.

[ Monday, September 15, 2003 18:08: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice ]

--------------------
Entertaining songs !Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 200 computers: read more!
"AH-CHOO!"
-George Washington
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #52
OOC: This is going to be fun. I can't wait to yell at Fluffy.

IC: Alcove and Baltazar have left the castle and are currently flying over the land surrounding the castle. After flying for half an hour Alcove still hasn't seen a single life form and Baltazar is getting impatient. "Haven't you seen anything yet!?" Alcove, irritated, responds, "No, oddly enough I haven't seen anything yet. If there are any rebels nearby, they aren't anywhere near the castle."

Just then, she senses something. A trace of a life form. Then many of them leading to and from the castle. "I sense something, but I can't lock in on it. The signal is muffled, as if there were some sort of interference messing with the signal. I can't get a lock. There are only two possibilities for a signal like that. Either there is a very powerful mage around who has cast a cloaking spell, or.... no. That can't be possible. Never mind." Baltazar becomes confused and excited. "That can't be what? Well, come on, speak up!! What is it?"

"Well, the only other possibility is a tunnel, which I can't conceive to be possible. How could there be a tunnel three miles long under the surface. The Rebels don't have resources like that. Unless...? She stops flying for a moment and hovers in mid-air. Baltazar starts getting impatient again. "Unless what?"

Alcove continues with a slight tinge of fear in her voice. "Unless, a mage is doing the digging. There aren't many mages on this island. Let alone, powerful ones. I have only ever known one mage who had the power to do such a thing, but she died six years ago. Her name was Arcadia. I know she can't be alive, because..."

Baltazar's patience began wearing thin. "For god's sake, stop being so mysterious. How do you know she is dead?" Alcove turned around, looked at him, and then looked down at the ground. "I know she's dead, because... I killed her myself in a power struggle."

OOC: Alcove can't be sure that a tunnel is being dug. She is leaning more towards the cloaking spell theory right now, but her suspicions have been aroused. By the way, neither one of them has made it to the town yet and scanned it, so I will get to that later. I'll get to yelling at Fluffy soon.

[ Monday, September 15, 2003 18:27: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------
(Looks around in the Study)
Colonel Mustard: "Just checking."
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #53
OOC: About the clothes, she has had some embarassing incidences with that but she wears a shift-like thing underneath her clothes made from enchanted cloth so it changes with her body. So that means that when she changes the rest of the clothes come off except the shift. And the weapons? they have been enchanted (at a great cost) to disppear when she changes and appear at her side when she changes back.

IC:--Inn--
Eve awoke from her slumber and arched her back. It was time for some food. She padded down the stairs into the tavern.

Eve: Excuse me,where is the innkeeper?
Man: Oh Bob? he said he was going around the back to check the stock.
Eve: Thankyou

OOC:I'm just betting that Bob would have said something along those lines.

IC:--Around the back--
Eve went through the back door of the inn. At first she had been thinking of eating at the inn but had now decided to go down to the habour to see if she could get so fresh fish. It so happened that it was quicker to the habour if you went down the back.

Her mind was full of fish when she smelt it- the scent that always sent messages up and down her spine. The heady aroma of fresh blood.
The smell is coming from over there she thought as she walked over to the spot there was no blood stain but the ground looked disturbed. Eve kicked some of the sand away revealing the faint outline of a trapdoor, levering it open her being assaulted by the beguiling smell-It was causing her hair follicles to swell slightly when she silently berated herself
Control...you have learnt it,so put it to good use! Eve took several deep breaths and concentrated, she felt her skin go back to normal. She put up her mental shield and decsended the ladder.

Eve's eyes automatically adjusted to the dark- some feeling had told her to shut the trapdoor for this was a secret place obviously.
Her boots were sticking to the blood on the floor it was pooling around a lump in the center of the small room. When she had climbed down, she had thought it was bundle of cloth but now she could see clearly-it was a body.

Kneeling down to the body she tried to identify it. That was hard because it was decapitated. But she soon recognised the bloody green shirt with yellow buttons, it was the innkeepers.
Who killed you? she asked silently And more to the point, why were you down here? From her kneeling position she started when she heard a noise from above.
OOC: Someone else can decide what it is.

Another OOC: For anyone wondering about the blood, it's simple. Eve's smell is slightly better than a humans but certain smells-like blood always stick out and sometimes triggers a shapeshifting response.

--------------------
"Heads don't roll, they bounce!"

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:www.thespark.com now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a good site
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #54
IC: Having lost Mancire a while back, Alcove sensed he was in trouble again. She scanned the skies and sure enough, she detected a life form in the air 100 feet in front of her. Then it abruptly started to fall. "Oh, that Mancire is becoming a nuisance. He is as bad as Fluffy sometimes. I have had it with him for a while!!"

She chanted a few words and pointed her index finger at Mancire. A beam of blue light shot out of her eyes and fixed on Mancire while a yellow beam shot from her hand and struck him in mid-air. The yellow beam wrapped around his body and he froze in mid-air. She chanted and raved a few words and wove her other hand a few times and two imps once again appeared in font of her.

"Take this annoying little wretch back to the castle and put him in a room of his own. Then stay there and guard the entrance. Try to make sure that the room has no windows. If you fail, I will cook you on the spit and feed you to the lizards. Am I understood.?!!" They grumbled a yes in return and flew up to Mancire's motionless body. She stopped concentrating on his body when they reached him. They grabbed his body and flew him back to the castle.

"Now, Baltazar, maybe we can continue on to the fringes of the island. That includes the inhabited areas." Baltazar looked at her and agreed with a nod. They continued on and started flying towards the mountains and the town.

OOC: Where are the other people on this topic when you need them?

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #55
Kryissian was in a very foul temper at this time. Another rank of desserterss... not again. I'll hunt them myssself if nessaccary. She was doing a routine sweep of the island, looking for any rebels to capture or kill. She was an officer for Baltazar, and a very successful one, too. She was the reason why so many rebels were killed. She was known throughout the land by her name personally. She was in command of 100 soldiers and 30 archers.

"Alright!" She yelled at her grunts. "Whoever tellsss me of where the dessserters are won't die by my hands alone! Until then, rationss are cut and we will march without resst! Onward!" The men couldn't help but laugh at how miserable their lives would be for other people's action. Their next target of sweeping: A small port town on the side of Siris Island.

OOC: Sorry about not coming in sooner. My little sister took control of the computer at night, so I'm only left with morning. That, and Hurricane Isabelle is headed my way.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote

Newage3 - Insanitatious Fun in a Browser!
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #56
FD: Well, there's only one contact I know here who might have any items, and that's on the far side of town. He goes by the name of "Al" and he owns a shop on the left side of the back, in the back alley, third door on the right.

OOC: That's all I have time to post right now.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ignignok
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #57
[ooc] EatAChinchilla: that's fine. IMAGE(smile002.gif) And yes, it is the same Arianne as in the Zombie rpg. [/ooc]

There is welcome heat, and light that is not so desirable, and the sounds of movement nearby. Arianne's eyes open; she takes a moment to study her surroundings. The brilliant disc of light in the endless expanse above and the pounding surf below disorient her, until she remembers. The surface. She can taste, in the air, the salt crystallized on her drying cloak, the mud, the tendrils of smoke rising from the fire, the strange pervasive scent of surface plantlife, the subtle odour of undead. And live meat.

"Are you feeling better?"

Arianne turns her head to look at the man crouching by the fire, feeding sticks into it. He is a mortal, unremarkable save for the darkened skin she has come to associate with surface-dwellers. Her lips part slightly, hungrily. But restraint has become a learned necessity since her arrival on the surface, and she does not act on her craving. Curse all mages.

Theobold returns her gaze steadily. When she does not reply, he continues speaking: "I found you half-drowned atop the cliffs here. Do you live on this island?"

"No," she says after a long moment. "My... craft... did not handle the storm well. I never intended to set foot here." Arianne wishes, not for the first time, for the twisting caves and their fungal glow. She does not like to be exposed in a space so painfully large, in a night that is never dark enough, on a land overrun by mortals. It seems that she cannot travel for one day without encountering them. She growls softly, and her fangs glisten in the growing light of the eastern sky.

The archer does not miss the way Arianne flinches from the light, dragging her hood over to completely shadow her face. Suspicion solidifies into certainty.

Arianne sees his look. She is weak already, and the growing day drains her, even through the magic-strengthened darkness of her cloak. She is not certain she can fight the mortal and survive; though she senses no power in him, she has learned not to underestimate those that bear the self-assurance that Theobold has. "I have not harmed you or yours," she says softly, ignoring the pleading note that enters her tone unbidden. "I seek only to return to my land."

For the moment, Arianne wants nothing more than to find the safety of darkness before the sunlight becomes too strong to tolerate. Ah, but she is hungry.

[ Tuesday, September 16, 2003 03:23: Message edited by: premonition ]

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #58
OOC: I feel for you there Tommy. You will be receiving the full force of the storm, and I will be receiving the after effects. I hope you survive. It's causing quite a stir in Pennsylvania.

IC: In the dark hours before daylight, Alcove and Baltazar were finishing up their scanning. When they started flying over the dock and the town, Alcove automatically started picking up lots of life forms. But that was to be expected. There were plenty of people living in the town and some of the surrounding area. But, Alcove had the power to read their minds at the same time. She began seeing some mixed images.

"Baltazar, I am getting lots of mixed signals. There are plenty of townspeople, but I am also seeing some new signals that I have never seen before. That can mean only one thing, new arrivals and adventurers." Baltazar got an excited look on his face. "Oh, goodie, fresh meat."

Alcove looked back at him and stared. She rolled her eyes and continued on scanning. As she flew over the mountain, she picked up two stray signals. One was unmistakable, a newcomer. The other was just a trace life from. It appeared to be some sort of life, but didn't give off the signal that it should have. That could only mean one thing, undead. But what were they doing on this island? They prefer to live in the caves and don't like the surface.

"Baltazar, I have detected two more life forms. One of them is a newcomer, and the other....? She looked over at him and said with a surprised tone, "Undead." He stared at her in shock, or maybe just disbelief. "Undead!! Bah! What would undead be doing on the surface?" Alcove returned the remark. "How would I know? I just work for you. Undead are free to wander wherever they want. They can survive in sunlight, they just don't prefer it."

Alcove and Baltazar turn around and head back to the castle. They don't want to be still out when the sun comes up for fear that they might be spotted.

--------------------

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #59
Shadow Wolf sensed someone up there - a powerful mage. It seemed as if he or she tried to probe his mind, then failed and moved on as it were nothing. Of course, no mage could read his mind; he was different from everyone, though not in a physical sense.

If somebody's up there in the skies, I'd like a response, he mentally spoke into wherever he sensed the mage...

OOC: SW and Alcove getting to know each other, but without actual knowledge that they're on opposing sides of the fight? that would be cool...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #60
OOC: Back at the inn setting, atm we've got Kel-Aziz (Nazgul), Eve (Milla), Firedrake, Namothil and Eferas (me), are those all? Firedrake and Namothil are upstairs, Eve is in the tunnel under the stables with the dead innkeep, Kel-Aziz is heading back to the inn (small temporal problem there, the time is much too short, so by now he would have to be back inside the inn. Is it okay if I assume that, Nazgul?)

Btw, I've got a lot of time to wrap up here. My char is still in his room, but was about to get up, so I need to set back time for a bit. I want him to be down at the inn approximately when Kel-Aziz comes back from the stable, so Eferas is going to wander through the city for ca. 2 hours.

IC: (6:15 AM) Eferas slowly got up, finding it senseless to go back to sleep now. He dressed himself, picked up his staff and decided to go about the city to look for a magical supplies seller. He found none at first, but he found a small shop that sold healing potions. The trader had widened his eyes when Eferas asked him about energy potions and magical crystals.

"My goodness! Don't you know our wise and benevolent king Baltazar has outlawed the sale of any magical supplies apart from those for healing purposes?" He stretched the 'wise and benevolent' just in the right way for Eferas to feel that he could take a chance here. He reached inside his pouch and took out fifty gold pieces - a hefty lot.

"That is a pity. Do you know of any ruthless criminals that might disobey this order?" As the alchemist saw the gold, a sly glint entered his eyes. "I might." Eferas handed him the gold, and the alchemist opened a little cupboard hidden behind a wall painting, and rummaged inside it...

Eferas left the shop with a few energy potions, five piercing crystals, and two scrying crystals (ooc: Orbs of Sight), and with a pouch that was considerably lighter.

He returned to the inn roundabout at a quarter past eight, as far as he could tell by the sun. He was about to go back up to his room to get the rest of his belongings, when the tavern door opened once more. The man he had briefly talked to yesterday (ooc: Kel-Aziz, who else), was standing in the doorway.

OOC: Nazgul, I'll leave it up to you whether you're gonna try and hire me for the rebellion, but if you do so it would make it much easier, otherwise I would have to search for some other way to get involved.

--------------------
Visit The Santharian Dream and its RP board. Or the Encyclopaedia Ermariana!
Got a brain? Go to Polaris!
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
To a conspiracy for downfall and desperance
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #61
OOC: Nice job everyone, good RPing, keep it up! I only want to clear something up. There will be no combat between the Good and Evil until chapter III. This chapter II will end when most of the "Good" Adventurers (exept those who are far away from the port) meet the Rebel leader. As for the rebel leader I will use the character MSW created, Arcadia. I decided she is going to be the leader of the Rebels and the mage in charge of the tunnel construction.

IC:

Back at the Inn...

(OOC: Wise Man, it is my fault if I didnt mention my characters description before so here it goes. He was not muscular, he has a rather normal stature and never shows his armour of face since he likes to go unoticed, that is why he is always covered in long dirty rags that also covered his face. As far as Wise Man knew he was standing before a beggar.
BTW, Arancaytar the time is more like 8:30AM since the sun is rising.)

Kel-Aziz aproaches his first battle suited men.

Kel-Aziz: You look the sort who can fight. Though you seem kinda scrawny. I could use some help in a certain...mission.

Shadow Wolf: Well, tell me what you need help in, and I'll decide whether or not to help.

Kel-Aziz: Very wel, my name is Kel-Aziz...follow me.

Shadow Wolf: Call me Shadow Wolf.

Kel-Aziz walked out into the town and led Shadow Wolf into some dark fish smelling alley. He briefly explained everything to him.

Kel-Aziz:...and this is why the people of the Island need our help. Besides we wont be able to get out of this place without paying an exesive fee and I dont know about you but I have bearly enough money to eat.

Shadow Wolf: (smiling)...and to dress yourself properly.

Kel-Aziz: Hehe...so you also have a good sense of humor, I like that...so are you in?

As he waited for the answer he noticed the old man who had talked to him yesterday, Eferas. He was hiding around the corner listening to the conversation.

Kel-Aziz: (shouting to the old man)...that question goes for you too old man!

Eferas came out of hidding.

Eferas: I am not that old...and I have a name, call me Eferas.

Kel-Aziz noticed Eferas sleves where burned in the borders.

Kel-Aziz: I see you are a fire mage, right? We could use your help in this...rebelion.

Kel-Aziz turned from both men and walked away.

Kel-Aziz: If any of you two make up your minds meet me at the Inn, I still have some more recruiting to do. From there I will gather a decent group and pay a small visit to this Rebel leader.

He then disapeared in the morning fog and headed towards the Inn. As he arrived he was surprised to see there was no one at the Inn, only the back door that lead to the stables was open. As he ran towards the stable he was received with a horrible scene. Bob, or what was left of him was surrounded by curious sailors and adventurers who stared at the decapitated body. Only a womans yelling distracted him from the bloody scene. Just by the crowd a feline like woman was being hold by one of the local adventurers.

Kel-Aziz: What happened here! Who is this girl!

Adventurer: I was walking around through the stables when I cought this girl over Bobs corpse.

Girl: I have nothing to do with this! and my name is Eve!!

OOC: Your turn Milla.

[ Tuesday, September 16, 2003 11:02: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #62
OOC: Ok, I'll bite.

IC: Alcove and Baltazar start flying away from the town, when suddenly Alcove receives a mind transmission. She looks all around her, scanning the hills and the plains and sees absolutely nothing. She can't make out the signal, she knows it?s a message to her, but it's too faint to figure out. An image flashes through her mind of a creature, but beyond that, she can't make out what the creature is. The picture is all blurry.

Baltazar seems to sense her distress and stops. He turns around and sees her looking back towards the town. "Alcove, what is it?" She turned to him and says, "It is nothing. I thought I received a mental message from someone off in the direction of town. But, that is impossible. I have never been able to receive messages sent to me. No one has ever sent me a message before. It frightens me. There is some sort of creature on this island I have never seen, but for some reason recognize."

Baltazar spoke softly to her. "I better get you back to the tower as quickly as possible. You seem to be weakening right in front of my eyes." He cast a spell on her and it seemed to strengthen her a little. They continued on to the castle and soon arrived. Baltazar gives her a command on arrival. "You need to go and get some sleep. I will watch Mancire for you. Don't worry about it. You are looking very pale and weak. You need the rest. Go to your quarters and lie down. I will not wake you until you are well rested."

Alcove gives him a small smile and heads off to her quarters. She goes in, locks the door, and collapses on her bed.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #63
OOC: Lol, that kind of eavesdropping is exactly what Eferas would do in this situation. IMAGE(biggrin2.gif)

EDIT: Sorry, I took too long posting and didn't notice your edit, Nazgul. I won't remove this though, I prefer to decide the actions of my character. IMAGE(tongue02.gif)

The cue line before this IC would be:

IC:
quote:
Kel-Aziz: (shouting to the old man)...that question goes for you too old man!
Eferas felt slightly embarassed - not for having been eavesdropping, rather for being caught at it: His skill to walk silently had been famed back at the academy - all the more since keeping silent was otherwise definitely not a skill Eferas possessed - but old age had made him rather clumsy.

He raised his eyebrows, blinked owlishly several times, and tried to put on an innocent expression, as though he had just been merrily walking along past the corner for a morning stride. It looked unconvincing to say the least. When Eferas noticed that it was useless to pretend anyway, he walked up to the one he now knew to be named Kel-Aziz.

"I'd be glad to join you in fighting Baltazar; that was what I came to this blasted island in the first place, after all. Name's Eferas Cirthain, I'm a fire mage. Pay is unnecessary," - his pouch jingled ominously - "...I'm in this for the adventure. Though of course I'd like a share of the loot, if there be any."

He paused. Then he gripped his staff tightly, straightened up for a moment as if ready to walk at once, and spoke again.

"I might be too frail to hold a sword, but I can pull my weight in any combat with my spells. Where and when are we supposed to meet, anyway?"

[ Tuesday, September 16, 2003 11:20: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #64
OOC: Ok, then we will just say you followed me to the Inn and that we are in the process of discovering if this "Eve" has anything to do with the decapitation of Bob. This would be a good time for Firedrake and Eve to join the group somehow so we might once and for all visit the Rebel leader.

IC: (Time in Siris Island 9:00AM)

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #65
FD: That's the best I can do Namothil. I just arrived on the island myself, and I'm not a member of any of the local guilds. And Wiseman, there's something wrong when I go to the WM forums. For some reason, my computer is not showing the latest posts, seeing as I just replied to the "Treading Through and the classical age RP (name?) and it's not showing on the main screen.

And with that, FD rose and then left. Walking along, he walked down the street, ready to infiltrate something else. He noticed out of the corner of his eye a few shadowy figures in a alley. He kept walking, as to not to raise suspicion. He then crossed the street, doubling back to evesdrop.

"I'd be glad to help you in fighting Baltazar." (See the posts above for the rest of the conversation)

"Where and when are we supposed to meet?"

Suddenly, FD was pulled around the corner by someone.

Kel-Aziz: Looks like we have some unexpected company. Who are you, friend or foe, evesdropping on us?

FD: Depends on what you mean by friend.

Kel-Aziz: If your under the employment of Baltazar, then you aren't a friend and must be silenced.

FD: I do not belong to any side so far. In fact, I'm here to investigate the island and it's leadership for the mainland. Seems that the King in a mainland country hasn't heard from his cousin, and ruler of this island, King Theodus.

Kel-Aziz began to tell the story once again...

OOC: FD will join up with Kel-Aziz and the others. I just relized that my post conflicts with your last post, so either have me change it or change yours.

[ Tuesday, September 16, 2003 12:05: Message edited by: Firedrake221 ]

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ignignok
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #66
RP NOTE: Ok, we seem to have a slight confusion here, to avoid further troubles anyone posting something long will first post the following....

----RP POST UNDER CONSTRUCTION----

...then he will procede to edit that post and continue writting. In this way anyone thinking on posting something will wait till the other person concludes and then post his own. This should help avoid further confusion.

Back to the RP....

OOC:

To clear things up...

Firedrake, Eferas and Kel-Aziz have joined the Rebel cause. They were suposed to recruit some more men for the rebel cause at the Inn but they only found Bobs corpse and Eve captured by some of the locals.

Shadow Wolf is deciding if he joins or not. If he joins he should meet the others at the Inn.

Ok, thats it. May the RP continue....

[ Tuesday, September 16, 2003 11:59: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #67
*2 loud screams, and then a gigantic explosion rocks the tower Alcove WAS sleeping in. She is awoken, she can tell it came from where Mancire's room. She runs over, she sees 2 imp carcusses, both had silver needles around them. There was a big hole in the wall. And then she saw Mancire!*
Alcove: "How..."
*Mancire immediatly flies out of the hole, and then flies to where the Rebel base he mentioned earlier.*

[ Tuesday, September 16, 2003 13:03: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice ]

--------------------
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 200 computers: read more!
"AH-CHOO!"
-George Washington
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #68
OOC: Zephir, you are about to brake rules 5 and 10 of this RP. Go any further and we shall be forced to kill your character or make him flee out of this RP. This RP is called "Baltazar the mad" not "Mancires Tale". Your character must go around Baltazar not Baltazar around you, so fix that. You can escape yes, but no drake-man mage allowed.

EDIT: Good thing you edited your previous post Zephir, thanks.

[ Wednesday, September 17, 2003 08:18: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #69
OOC: FD - refresh always works.

IC:
If I join their cause, what curse might I bring upon them? Shadow Wolf pondered. Tarloff and Ironskin died when we fought the Great Demon, and I and Gynia were separated. Almost the blademasters I led died protecting the President and Chancellor. But then, I'm not the leader here. It may well have been coincidence.

Having decided, Shadow Wolf entered the Inn, and put a hand on Kel-Aziz's shoulder to get his attention.

"I will assist," Shadow Wolf said to him...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #70
OOC: Someone will now need to find out and prove conclusively that Eve didn't murder Bob, to prevent her getting lynched. Anyone?

Edit: On the other hand, this should best wait until after Milla has posted, I just saw that she hasn't since Nazgul described the scene.

------

Since I don't want to waste another post on this, Zephyr: Looks good now, but you'd need to work on grammar, it's almost incomprehensible. Decide if you're writing in the present or the past, and follow it through. I'd prefer the past, but it's up to you as long as you stick to it. IMAGE(wink0002.gif)

Also, it's carcasses.

[ Tuesday, September 16, 2003 13:25: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #71
quote:
Originally written by The_Nazgul:

OOC: Zephir, you are about to brake rules 5 and 10 of this RP. Go any further and we shall be forced to kill your character or make him flee out of this RP. This RP is called "Baltazar the mad" not "Mancires Tale". Your character must go around Baltazar not Baltazar around you, so fix that. You can escape yes, but no drake-man mage allowed.
What about...a Rebel Mage(NPC) that killed Mancire's parents?

I edited my post. Happy now?

--------------------
"AH-CHOO!"
-George Washington
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #72
Namothil silently slipped into the small store. "You must be Al. I was told you had certain items for sale."
"What sort of items?"
"Magical ones. Say, piercing crystals."
"Not cheap."
"Price is of little concern, so long as it is not outright robbery. What about Dragonbane? And would you happen to have shieldbreakers in stock?"
"Yes to the first. Not much, though. As for shieldbreakers, you have to be joking. I might have seen one, once. Never had any."
"A half dozen piercing crystals, and all the Dragonbane you have, then. How much?"

Namothil returned to the inn, with his increased supplies. 'Very low on spending money. Much more and I'll have to start dipping into my expense allowance. Ah well, an ounce of Dragonbane is always useful. Can always go drake hunting if I need gold.'

OOC: Namothil will be willing to help out if asked, especially if someone can provide hints as to who his target is. I can't think of a good way to have him find out about the rebels ATM, but feel free to recruit him.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #73
OOC: Well Fluffy sure is taking a long time to get to the castle... IMAGE(tongue02.gif)
IC: *Fluffy returns to the castle and bumps into Alcove*
Fluffy: "Ahh Alcove good to see you! I think I actually did something smart. Take a look at this, I thought you might be able to probe his mind with spells."
*Shows the contents of the bag, smiling happily*

OOC: Okay now you get to yell at him Murder She Wrote. Take any liberties you want as long as he doesn't get hurt or killed.

--------------------
Live teh fez.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #74
OOC: This RP is beginning to confuse me. I won't be able to talk much when the hurricane hits.

IC: Alcove looks at the bloodstained bag and rage starts to fill her features. "What have you gone and done now?" He takes out the head and explains. "I decided to do something useful and get some information for you about the rebel base. Here, just search his mind for the info you seek." Her rage starts to flash over as she seeks the right way to yell at him.

"You idiot, you wretched idiot!!! You may be the stupidest person I have ever met. What a total numbskull. I can't read thoughts from a dead human being!!!! Are you that dense!!! Now go to your quarters and don't come out until I tell you to!!!!! You may have completely botched things up for us!! You have just given the resistance yet another reason to hunt us down. Now Go!!!!"

Fluffy turned around demoralized and headed towards his quarters. Alcove followed behind him and when he entered his room, she stood in the doorway and spoke with a still angry voice at him. I will have to punish you in some way, and I think I know just how. She muttered a few words and a dozen mice appeared on the floor.

Fluffy shrieked in terror and then she cast a spell on him, which caused him to cease all movement, like he had been stoned by a basilisk. Then she stepped out into the hall and cast a force barrier spell on the doorway. Before the door sealed up, she saw some of the mice crawling up his leg and the look of absolute horror in his eyes. Then it was sealed and she turned around and walks towards the window Mancire had flown out of.

She mumbled and raved a few words and imps appeared once again. "Go!!! Find Mancire before he ruins everything for us! You just better come back with him or you will face my wrath!!!" With that, the imps flew out of the window and into the daylight to find Mancire.

[ Tuesday, September 16, 2003 17:46: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------

Pages