Baltazar the Mad (RP)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Baltazar the Mad (RP)
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #275
OOC: Zephyr, Fluffy is gone. If I want him to come back I will bring him back in the future. Right now his soul is corrupted and has been consumed by a demon. It is unable to be brought back, and it has been cast into a nothingless void. Please I wanted Fluffy to go out with a campy, sad, and dramatic ending... IMAGE(tongue09.gif)

--------------------
Live teh fez.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #276
Screw the meatshields, Shadow Wolf said to himself as he chopped up a zombie. I'm going straight for the Lich.

Taking a rare oppurtunity, he springboarded off of a skeleton who happened to have his shield up, and over the wall of lesser undead, and landed several paces away from the Lich, who had just conjured a mana shield. Again, he faced the same ice bolt barrage tactic as last time, and he parried and deflected the missile. The two were at a stalemate - Shadow Wolf could defend as long as he wanted with his inner powers, and though the Lich couldn't take the risk of pulling his forces back to deal with the blademaster he also had a seemingly limitless mana pool. A distraction was needed...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #277
Firedrake swings his assassin daggers at the skeletons skillfully and reduces a few of them to dust. A quickghast gets behind FD, and attempts to strike with it's deadly claws. He decapitates the quickghast with a swift slice. Firedrake turns to notice SW in battle with the lich. He concentrates, ignoring the weak attacks of the lesser undead. He begins to cast a spell. A wall of flame begins to form in front of him, starting as a small wall of embers, and growing to a raging fire. He sends the wall towards the undead, burning many of them. The undead then turn to concentrate on the enraged assassin. The diversion had been caused. "Kel-Aziz, Molek, go after the lich, I'll deal with these weaklings," shouted Firedrake. He dug in, and with the other Rebel troops, he continued the battle against the undead.

OOC: I won't be on tommorow, so play FD for me.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ignignok
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #278
Namothil slipped into the room. 'I knew I'd made a wrong turn somewhere. Ah well, back with everyone else now. Er... A lich. Not good. Let the others deal with that.' He slashed into the undead, tearing the nearest apart. 'Simple, fast raid. Right. Why did I agree to help with this?'
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #279
Just how she was lost in the rebel tunnels, Kyrissian was lost in the tower. She had never really been around here and slowly walked around, gazing at the decor. She continued walking until she heard the sounds of battle. Kryissian stopped immediately. The sounds were coming from another room... She ran down the corridor as the sounds came closer and closer...

Kryissian came out on the undead side of the battle for the middle room, and looked in a stupor as rebels and undead were clashing. She knew the rebels were fighting the undead, but didn't expect to be on an undead side. But it didn't matter now. Kryissian jumped into the fray, eager to draw new blood.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote

Newage3 - Insanitatious Fun in a Browser!
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #280
Alcove stared across the massive arena at Arcadia. At this physical distance, landing psychic blows was not easy. If Arcadia had somehow managed to become adept at minddueling, things could go very badly for her.

Marshalling her will, she sends psychic bolts through the channel between their minds. Arcadia responds in kind, but to Alcove's satisfaction she appears to be weakening already.

'Alcove? Why do you have to do this?'

'I haven't forgotten how you tried to oust me from power, and I haven't forgiven you either.'

'But I failed...you ended up in a position of power, and I was forced to hide on the island. Isn't that enough for you?'

'Why should it be?'

'I would never have tried to kill you, Alcove. I only wanted a chance to try and undo some of the things Balthazar was doing to our island. Couldn't you have let me?'

'Couldn't you have done that without trying to get rid of me? No, I've had enough of you, Arcadia. You tried to kill me off before, and you've come back again to do the same thing.'

With that, Alcove delivers a blistering psychic attack. Surprisingly, it bounces off Arcadia's previously weak defences, and the riposte is even stronger. Alcove staggers.

'You never did think carefully, did you, Alcove? I'm not here to kill you. I didn't even want to meet you. I came looking for Balthazar. It's him I want to kill.'

'I don't believe you. You've never told the truth in the past unless it was convenient to you. And I know you hold a grudge against me.'

'You don't know anything about me, Alcove. You've always thought in straight lines, looking for the easiest way to get what you want. And now you're not getting it. It's time to end this, and if you know what's good for you you'll leave the tower so that when Balthazar dies, you won't die too.'

'I'll kill Balthazar myself, Arcadia. You aren't needed.'

Suddenly, Alcove feels Arcadia gathering her will for one final mental assault. Pulling in magical energy, she counter-attacks with a devastating psychic blast, but Arcadia's will seems to have dissipated. As her blast strikes home, she feels Arcadia's pshcyic presence recoalesce around her mind. Arcadia's dying scream only just reaches her through the roaring in her own ears. Choking for a breath that seemingly will not come, Alcove loses consciousness.

At Delgar's hideaway, the imps that were attacking him suddenly and instantaneously disappear. A second later, his winged and glowing protector does likewise. Soon, Delgar's mind's eye is winging its way back to Balthazar's tower. It is not a little disturbed by what it finds.

Elferas is confused. A second ago, Jade had him trapped in a corner, and was weaving a spell that looked likely to finish him off. Now, she has fallen unconcious. As he is looking around for the explanation, Delgar appears.

'Delgar! Did you manage that?'

'Alas, something like that is vastly beyond my ability to achieve. I do, however, know what caused it. Pick up the mage's body, if you will, and follow me.'

'Why?'

'We don't want her out of our sight when she wakes up-even if the charm spell has worn off with the rest, she'll forget everything that's happened, which is possibly an even worse alternative. Come along, do.'

Left with little choice, Eferas follows. Delgar leads the way, passing through doors and then waiting on the other side for Eferas to open them. After a minute or so, they arrive in a large auditorium, with Alcove and Arcadia slumped on the floor at opposite sides of it.

'Delgar! What on earth happened here?'

'They minddueled. Arcadia...died, alas. Before she did, though, she did...something...to Alcove. I can't tell exactly what it is, although it seems like a curse. But we have work to do. Would you remove all Alcove's and Jade's magical items? That would be that sword, their amulets, and Alcove's ring, I think. Now, let me see if I can get a better idea of what has happened to Alcove.'

As Eferas reaches forward to take the Mercury amulet from Jade's neck, Jade begins to stir.

'Ah! I know what that amulet is. Still, we may as well let her recover-I doubt she'll continue to fight. You'll have to persuade her of that, for I shall be busy.'

But Jade appears not to be charmed anymore, and Eferas sits down to explain to her exactly what has happened. Suddenly, Delgar interrupts:

'I know what happened to Alcove. Arcadia has altered her memory, made her forget how to draw in her will to cast magic. All the spells she cast were dissipated as a result, and the effect was passed on to Jade through the amulet-fortunately, the effects only lasted as long as she was wearing the amulet.'

'Will they be permanent?'

'I can't tell that. I imagine she could relearn the process, but whether it will return naturally, and how soon, is anyone's guess. It could only last minutes, although that's rather unlikely. Conversely, it could last the rest of her life.'

'Should we not just kill her now?'

'No. I'll know when her magical abilities begin to return, if they do. For the moment, living will be even worse than dying...she has no power, none at all. Could you live with that? I don't know I could. But she has to. And I'm not sorry.'

Eferas' contented nod echoes Delgar's vicious sentiment. Just at that point, Alcove begins to stir...

OOC: Sorry for the length. In addition, if anyone objects to anything in this post, please PM me and say.

-E-

[ Thursday, October 02, 2003 03:52: Message edited by: Omlette ]

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #281
IC:

Kel-Aziz was about to strike the Lich Lords when a huge slith bursted into the battle hall and standed on the undead commanders way.

Molek: Its the Lizzard beast!!!...It killed Pachu back at the rebel base!! Kel-Aziz, leave her to me, I have scores to settle with this beast.

Molek smashed the undead forces waving his broadsword viciously, smashing skeletons and decapitating zombies as he went for the kill.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #282
OOC: Is it just me, or did you never get around to removing all of the magical items from the bodies yet. Remember the golden phoenixes all over Alcove's robes? They will play a prominent part in my story. Also, the metal ring around Alcove's neck will become important in this post.

IC: Alcove feels drained of energy and hears voices in the room. She thinks she hears Arcadia, but the voice seems different. She sits up and opens her eyes. At first, she can see nothing. Then a blinding white light becomes visible. She grimaces at it and then tries to stand. She feels too weak and falls back down. Then images start becoming visible. She hears footsteps and looks in that direction. She sees the image of a man stooping over her and then he tries to reach into her pockets.

He gets a nasty surprise though. Even though she is almost completely drained of all her magical energy, the golden phoenixes on her robes flash and he is sent flying across the room. She forgot to warn him of the magical defenses of her cloaks. All images finally come into focus, and she sees that it is the strange mage from the other room. She looks over to where Arcadia was and sees her lying motionless on the ground. She then sees the image of Delgar standing halfway across the room.

Then she sees Jade moving around and trying to stand up. Alcove is confused and her mind seems blank. She attempts to heal herself, but is unable to. Her powers appear to be gone. She remembers the mind-duel, but nothing else. "What happened? Delgar, is Arcadia alive?" Delgar hears her asking questions and hurries over to answer them.

"Alcove, you were engaged in a mind-duel with Arcadia. Alas, she is dead. With her last bit of magical strength, she has cast a temporary curse on your mind. The curse killed her, but you will be unable to cast any magic for an undeterminable amount of time. Jade appears to have been released from her charming, but still has some of your powers. When you get your magical powers back, we will need you to release her from the grip of that amulet you put around her neck. She is a danger to herself as long as she has your powers."

Alcove stares at him with horror on her face as she hears his explanation. She then looks over at Jade and sees her finally get to her feet. Jade walks over to her and Alcove is surprised to see that she has a smile on her face. Jade speaks to her. "I understand that you had me charmed, to help you destroy Arcadia. While I don't approve of such a thing, I realize that you had to do, what you had to do. I still have some of your memory with me and I can see now why you hated her so much. But we must forget about that now and try to remove that curse she placed on you."

Jade searches her mind for a spell she might have received from Alcove. She then sees the pyramid shaped power crystal and the Ring of Endless Magery. She realizes that the power crystal can dissolve the curse and the ring can restore Alcove's magical energy back to normal again. "Alcove, do you still have the ring and the power crystal? Alcove looks at her in a confused manner and then speaks. "What ring and what power crystal?" Delgar looks over at Jade and then at Eferas, who meanwhile had managed to get back up again and join them. He is slightly singed.

"I'm afraid that the curse has erased more of her memory than I had first anticipated. Alcove, just empty your pockets." Alcove does as he asks and pulls a few red crystals out, a ring and a pyramid shape crystal. Jade picks up the ring and the power crystal. She notes that the power crystal has a metal ring hooked through it and then observes the golden metal ring around Alcove's neck. "Alcove, does that metal ring around your neck come off?" Alcove fingers her neck and then a clicking sound can be heard.

The golden metal ring comes off and she hands it to Jade. Jade attaches the power crystal to it and hands it back to Alcove. "Now put it back on." Alcove reattaches it around her neck. "That should soon release her from the dumbfounding curse. It will reverse what Arcadia has done. But it will take at least an hour to do so. Put the red crystals back in your pockets, Alcove. And put this ring on. We need to take you to a room where you can rest.? Eferas, and Jade help her to her feet and lead her off to a spare room with a bed.

OOC: Sorry if that was rather long. By the way, you did a very good job in that previous post Omlette. And don't forget to check you PMs. I sent you one a while ago that you can delete. IMAGE(rolleyey.gif)

[ Thursday, October 02, 2003 09:26: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------
(Looks around in the Study)
Colonel Mustard: "Just checking."
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #283
OOC: Enraged, this fights on the fourth or fifth floor, just so you know. I'm waiting for the others to post another combat post.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #284
IC:
Eve still in cat-form had followed the rebels to the undead legion. Great, there's no time to get my armour but they need help. The cat closed her eyes and concentrated.
Soon Eve's normal form stood,her wounds healed
wearing a brown mind thigh shift at least she wasn't going into combat naked. She looked around her, as if looking for something. Then with clang her weapons materialised at her feet. Eve picked them up smirking It was so worth it to get my weapons in-tune with my soul and getting clothes that shift wit the body, thank the world for ambient mages.
She bounded into the fray, slicing through fetid flesh, destroying minor undead left and right. She half hoped for someone to die and leave some armour because she felt she would be needing it soon.

--------------------
"Heads don't roll, they bounce!"

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:www.thespark.com now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a good site
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #285
The Lich, seeing that he would soon be overwhelmed while Shadow Wolf had him busy, cast a cone of ice at the blademaster.

Shadow Wolf saw the spell coming, and Phase Shifted out of the way. "Nice try, but no cigar," he taunted. "Or, in this case, no popsicle for you."

The Lich was smart enough to turn away from him instead of missing any more spells. Kel-Aziz slashed with great force at the Lich, cleaving its frigid frost armour with his dual waveblades. Kel-Aziz backed away after he saw Shadow Wolf behind the Lich.

Shadow Wolf quickly lunged at the Lich, and stabbed it multiple times in the back, shattering the back armour. He quickly pulled his sword out of the monster, and leaped away as Kel-Aziz charged again, to time another attack...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #286
OOC: Jeez. I guess I had it coming, not being on for about three days. IMAGE(rolleyey.gif) Sorry, but I don't really like having my char played, so if you don't mind I'll give the scene from Eferas' point of view again with no conflicts to your post, MSW.

IC: A low, rasping moan could be heard, more of a cough than an actual sound. With some effort, Eferas managed to pull himself to his feet by his staff. Still wheezing heavily with the shock, he walked back to where the other mages stood.

"Oh my. That was some shock, to say the least."

((ooc: Next bit follows after the end of MSW's post.))

After the other mages left the room where Alcove was now resting, Eferas spoke again.

"Now. We obviously need a new plan. Since the two archmages, the mightiest enemies Baltazar could ever fear to face, wisely decided to effectively eliminate each other in a personal feud---"

Eferas halted, allowing the sarcasm that the last comment was dripping with to sink in,

"---, it's up to the rest of us to take on Baltazar. Which, to all practical intents, means Jade and me, since you aren't really here, Delgar.

"We could wait for Alcove to regain her power, but an hour is one hell of a long time in our situation. We're occupying a hostile building, and Baltazar's forces can be on us any moment. I feel a few undead presences some way off. They're not near enough to harm us now, but they might come for us. And the guards are also far from defeated. We need to either strike quickly against Baltazar himself, or abandon the attempt. We could also try to find some other rebels for reinforcement."

Eferas paused, waiting for other suggestions.

((ooc: wow, that sure was quite a bit of dialogue. ah well, Eferas likes to talk a lot at the most inappropriate moments... IMAGE(tongue09.gif)

Btw: I might do another IC before Sunday, but after that I won't return till Saturday the 10th, of next week due to my fieldtrip. Rejoice. IMAGE(biggrinA.gif) ))

[ Thursday, October 02, 2003 13:46: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Visit The Santharian Dream and its RP board. Or the Encyclopaedia Ermariana!
Got a brain? Go to Polaris!
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
To a conspiracy for downfall and desperance
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #287
'The lich is almost down. Good.' Namothil continued to shred undead soldiers as they advanced. 'This is getting to be a little monotonous. Why is it that evil magi never seem to have any creativity? Always the same hordes of undead, mabe some demons, possibly a few golems. Does no one remember the ancients? Shrogs, now there was something with a little imagination in it, even if the name was horrible.'

OOC: Anyone recognize the book referred to?
(I know, this was a short post. I'm kind of busy. Will post more this weekend.)
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #288
OOC: This one is going to be short, since my character will be resting for an hour. This is a continuation of my previous post.

IC: Jade and Eferas help Alcove to a room with a bed and just as they are leaving, she asks Jade for a favor. "Jade, if I am to be undisturbed and be able to recuperate successfully within the next hour, you will need to seal off the room." Jade nods her head and goes outside the room. Eferas leaves as well and when both are out of the room, Jade faces the door and begins chanting and raving. She holds out her arms and hands perpendicular to her body.

A bight purple light explodes from her hands and stops at the doorway. Soon a bright purple barrier starts forming. As she finishes the spell, the entire doorway is covered and the room is sealed. Then Lightning shoots from her hands and strikes the barrier. The lightning starts flowing through the barrier like blood in arteries and veins throughout the body. Then the lightning ceases from her hands the spell is finished.

OOC: You won't be hearing from Alcove for a while. She needs time to recuperate. She will be brought back in when the rebels begin getting close to Baltazar.

--------------------
(Looks around in the Study)
Colonel Mustard: "Just checking."
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #289
At Baltazars chambers...

Baltazar had watched all the fighting between Alcove and Arcadia and was quite surprised at their progress in battle but he was also quite pleased to see both mages shock themselves dead in a mind-duel.

Baltazar: Everything is working as I planed it would, soon they shall all pay for their insolence.

He then glanced back at his throne. With a hand gesture the wall on his back slowly turned, revealing a fiery red portal on the other side, with ocasional fire bursts comming out of the fiery gate.

Baltazar: Soon those pathetic mortals shall meet the minions that served in my conquest of Siris Island...

Back in the middle levels...

Kel-Aziz moved forward and back with incredible speed, swiching with ShadowWolf in a perfect timing as he Phase Shifted around the Lich.

Suddenly, to ShadowWolfs surprise, the Lich made its own Phase Shift and apeared with its cold hands around ShadowWolfs neck.

Lich: You mortals play with the arts of the nether world as if they were simple toys for amusement. I shall show you the real power of the VOID!!!

The Lich Lords hands started to cover in frost wich quickly moved over to ShadowWolfs body, who in vain tried to Phase out of the Liches mana shield that now surrounded both of them. Kel-Aziz inmediatly charged towards the Lich but as he was a few steps away from its shield the Lich Lord turned towards him and shouted.

Lich: BEGONE MORTAL!!!

To ShadowWolfs surprise, Kel-Aziz vanished out of the battle in a second. One second he was charging towards the Lich but the next thing he knew Kel-Aziz was not there anymore.

Lich: You see mortal...none of your friends can help you.

As he said this a band of Rebel soldiers who had managed to pass the Undead force now slowly surrounded the Lich Lord.

Lich: You mortals never learn...

As ShadowWolf was almost totaly covered in frost by now, the Lich Lord opened its skeletical mouth imposibly wide. A low keen sound could be heard, it abruptly turned into a high pitched scream that made all Rebel soldiers in the Hall scream in unison as the unholy shout hurt their very souls. This was a great chance for the unaffected undead who slashed at will the suffering mortals.

But this was not all, as the sound decreased in volume it turned into a more wind like sound. To all rebel soldiers near enough to witness the horrible scene it was a total shock to see as tormented souls came out screaming of the Lich lords mouth.

The souls flew into the battlefield moving between the dead as if searching for something, then one of them found what it wanted.

The sould pierced a nearby rebel soldiers, the soldier screamed and then fell on his knee as the soul came out of him this time in a new form...the form of the rebel soldier. As if following the example of the first soul all other souls pierced nearby living bodies and came out as their copy, only in ethereal form. Soon the odds turned against the rebels as a whole army of their doubles was now supporting the remaining undead force. Even Molek and the Slith had to stop their combat since they now had a new enemy in front of themselves. The dark side of their own soul.

Lich: Do you see now mortal...(speaking to ShadowWolfs ear as he tightened its grip around his frozen neck)...that is the difference that separates us from you pitfull mortals.

ShadowWolf: Y..you mean we...we...hav..e...not sold...ou...our..ssouls...t...to the demon...?

Lich: Insolent fool, I do not know why you were not pierced by one of my tormented souls but that makes no difference. I will deal with you personaly.

As the Lich gathered much more frost around ShadowWolfs body he screamed in probably the last scream of pain before he lost all sense of pain in his frozen body.

[ Thursday, October 02, 2003 19:48: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #290
OOC: no, you may not kill my character.

IC:
Ten more seconds... Shadow Wolf spoke to Din through the PsyComm. Release the Psychocharge, Din, and I will have that ten seconds.

A last strand of warmth began to flow through his body, preventing him from death. "What you know not... Lich," Shadow Wolf laughed weakly, "is the desperation forces of the blademaster, namely those who have mastered the Circle of Thievery." Gathering his last ounce of strength, he channeled soul energy into his hand. The blue glow blended well with the ice. "And I am a king of stealing..." he hissed, "foolish Lich!"

The Lich, arrogant at its seeming immortality, suddenly found a hand through its chest. Even if it has its icy grip on Shadow Wolf physically, its mana is drained off and converted into healing energies. If one can sever one of the Lich's arms, he will be free, though critically injured by the ice magics...

OOC: as of now, Shadow Wolf's still in critical condition, but he's barely hanging on, living off drained energy from the Lich. it's basically a battle of wills for existence, and it's an even match - while the Lich may be powerful, a blademaster like Shadow Wolf is a master of the soul and hence has an iron will.

--------------------
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #291
OOC: I think that was rather unfair. You practically just shifted the whole battle to the undead's advantage, and tried to kill off SW. That's not fair. At all. Time to counter this... I'm gonna pull a FB, kind... IMAGE(tongue09.gif)

Firedrake stood face to face with himself. Knowing that fighting wouldn't solve anything, the two nod, and the dark half reunites with the light half of Firedrake. He was now at his full power. Concentrating, he quickly began to cast a powerful holy spell. He casted Ritual of Holyness, pulling nearby undead into oblivion and stunning the souls that had left their bodies.

The nearby undead stunned, Firedrake watched as SW ripped the lich apart...

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #292
IC:
Eve almost stumbled in shock. Infront of her was standing a figure that looked very familar. Her other half smirked as she took advantage of the pause, moving her blade so fast that the blade was sure to hit it's target.

Unless the said target shared every memory with the attacker. Moving just as quickly to block, Eve gave her own her smirk. The dopplehanger scowled as they began to dance,blades flashing of each other.

Around the two others were having similar battles.

OOC: I'll get around to posting what happens after firedrake's spell in another post.

[ Thursday, October 02, 2003 17:19: Message edited by: *Milla* ]

--------------------
"Heads don't roll, they bounce!"

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:www.thespark.com now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a good site
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #293
OOC: Ah, great opportunity to bring in a little more background information.

IC: 'Fool of a lich. None know my own darkness as well as I. But I thank him for the temporary gift.' He lashed out, even as Firedrake's spell stunned his doppleganger. 'For one who has paid as I have, such holds no terror, and no danger.' The doppleganger stumbled, holding his blades awkwardly. 'This was purged before I ever began to study weaponcraft. He may have my innate powers, but only with the same curse that I bear.' A flashing stroke ended the battle, and the doppleganger's existence. Namothil glanced around the battlefield. Thanks to Firedrake, the rebels held an advantage over their opponents, at least for now. The lich appeared to be trapped in some form of combat with Shadow Wolf. 'Probably a mental battle, since they don't seem to be moving. I might be able to disrupt it, but the results are unpredictable. Better not try, unless Shadow Wolf's obviously losing.'
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #294
OOC: IMO, this battle should end in about 3-5 posts.

IC:
"How does it feel, immortal Lich, to die by your own powers?" Shadow Wolf hissed. "Your holding me inside a mana shield is your own undoing."

The Lich realised this; had it kept with conventional combat, it would not be suffering a slow death now, with his energies being stolen and used to heal by his opponent. Still, the battle was even. While Shadow Wolf stole the Lich's mana and converted it into healing energy, the Lich weakened Shadow Wolf constantly with his ice magic.

Then, for a while Shadow Wolf seemed to be losing, as he became very, very gradually paler. In contrast, the blademaster was also smiling.

"You like antifreeze, Lich?" Shadow Wolf taunted it.

"I can freeze you with ease, little human. You will make a fine trophy." The Lich further strengthened its icy grip.

"Wrong. Your destruction ... will make a great story to tell!" Blue energy suddenly erupted from Shadow Wolf's hand inside the lich's chest. The Lich's energies started to burn because of the instability. "As long as you attempt to crush me with your ice, you will burn from within, arrogant fool!"

[ Thursday, October 02, 2003 18:36: Message edited by: Wisemancraft III: Reign of Cheese ]

--------------------
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #295
OOC: It is not unfair and I did not pretend to kill SW. Namothil said earlier that it was too dull to have a fight against normal undead, so I decided to add a little more enemies and action. WiseMan, Eve and Namothil responded great to the new scene however Firedrakes Holy Spell was a bit of a spoiler but then again its your character so do what you will.

IC: (I will post this later)

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #296
OOC: I took it as you killing off Shadow Wolf, at least that was how it sounded the way you typed it. So I guess that that was my mistake, and I'm sorry. And Firedrake has no powerful spells left, so I guess that balances kinda. Sorry if I've messed anything up.

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #297
OOC: Um. Are we done with this rp?

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #298
OOC: no, i've just been occupied with my 12U Chemistry project and WC3 Bnet.

--------------------
--------------------
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #299
'Eferas! Jade! Hurry! We must go to the aid of the rebels, they've got a lich in front of them and three more hunting them down.'

'We're coming, Delgar. We just can't quite see, or walk, through walls.'

'Can't you run, at least? Oh, and give Jade back that sword. It's heavily enchanted, so it ought to be able to do something to the liches. No, not that door!'

But it is too late. Eferas and Jade are already half-way through the door before they realise there is a liche standing on the far side. Its back is turned, but for such an undead being this means little, as they realise when it begins casting a spell without even bothering to turn around...

OOC: C'mon, people, we've got to give this RP a decent ending...it's nearly there!

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.

Pages