Baltazar the Mad (RP)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Baltazar the Mad (RP)
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #325
As Balthazar begins to prepare spells to destroy the rebels, a huge (OOC: illusory) head peers out of the growing portal behind him.

'Who has awoken me?'

At the loud voice behind him, Balthazar jumps and turns around quickly. When he sees the head, he jumps again.

'Who...who are you?'

'I am Zorn, Lord of the Nether Pits. Who are you, that you would summon me?'

'I...I am Bal...Balthazar. I am the ruler of this island, and I require your aid! Yes! I have summoned you, so you must obey me!'

'The Lord of the Nether Pits does not obey the commands of mortals. What will you offer me, if I give you my aid?'

Balthazar stops and thinks. As he does, the rebels burst through the door behind him, forewarned about the illusion Balthazar is talking to and ready to destroy the ruler of Siris Island, ending his evil reign forever. Balthazar points, frantic.

'Destroy those men! I'll give you anything you want, just get rid of them!'

But the giant face in the portal only laughs.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #326
I can't bring Alcove back in until she is needed. Let me know when you need her again.

--------------------
(Looks around in the Study)
Colonel Mustard: "Just checking."
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #327
OOC: You weren't very clear. Is the demon guy helping Baltazar or not?

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ignignok
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #328
OOC: Um, Firedrake, there is no demon. It's an illusion.

IC: "I trust you weren't planning to send demons against us."

"Well, actually..."

"You see, it would be a decidedly pointless act. Few demons can harm me, and I doubt that you have the power to command any of them. Considering that those few tend to tear their summoners apart first, it might be a little foolish for you to try summoning them." As he was speaking, Namothil slipped a small object from a pouch at his side. Suddenly, he threw it at Baltazar, and drew his swords. A crackling nimbus appeared around Baltazar. 'Hmm. He may be more dangerous than I thought. Didn't expect even a partial counter to a shieldbreaker. He probably designed that spell to deal with the imitation.'

[ Monday, October 13, 2003 17:13: Message edited by: Namothil ]
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #329
IC:
--Pre-battle--
Eve stood perfectly still and centered herself, She couldn't let doubt and fear of death enter her mind when she was so close to her goal. The final battle awaited and the atmosphere was filled with nervousness and adrenaline. Eve gave herself a look-over, checking her armour was in place and drew her weapons, trembling slightly with barely contained energy.

OOC:Didn't read Namothil's post through and is going to wait for others to post.

[ Monday, October 13, 2003 22:06: Message edited by: Milla ]

--------------------
"Heads don't roll, they bounce!"

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:www.thespark.com now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a good site
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #330
It took some time for Baltazar to notice de head was but an illusion, there was no demonic aura about it or any other sign of power emanating from it. Baltazar smiled at the illusion while the rebels broke in, in larger numbers.

Baltazar: You fools, your small weapons and pathetic trics are nothing more than pirotecnics. Let me show you the real power of Baltazar!!

Baltazar waved his hand throwing the nearby rebels and adventurers towards the tower walls. Then he turned to the illusion.

Baltazar: There is only one person in this Island capable of suck a trik...Delgar!!

Baltazar closed his eyes and right above him, what seemed to be a squared gate of some sort opened revealing the universe in the other side.

Baltazar: This magical technique will find the illusionist no matter how far or hidden he is.

Baltazar pointed his finger towards the stars on the other side of the portal and a thin red beam shot out of his finger and into the portal.

...Somewhere in Delgars secret cave.

Delgar:...that cant be possible...

Just as Delgar observed what Baltazar was doing an identic squared portal opened right above his current location, revealing the same universe on the other side.

Just as Delgar noticed the portal, the same beam shot a while ago came right down in front of Delgar.

From the outside of the cave a huge explosion could be heard.

Back at the tower...

Baltazar: If that did not kill him, it will shure keep him away for a while...now, what will I do with you rebelious people until the demonic portal is complete and my horde slaughters you.

Molek: You are a fool Baltzar, what makes you believe the demons will listen to you. You are an archmage!! You should know demons dont respect anyone, not even their own kind!!

Baltazar: What do you know grunt.

Baltazar lifted molek in mid air and then threw him at a bunch of recovering rebels.

Baltazar: There is nothing you can do to stop the countdown.

Baltazar then proceded to summon a shock field around him and the portal. Sparks and lighting here and there blocked the path of the rebels as they watched the portal growing stronger every passing moment.

OOC: Omlette, if Delgar was not in his cave or somewhere else, then I will EDIT the post.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #331
OOC: No problems at all...although I hope I'm allowed to do what I'm about to; I don't particularly want Delgar to die, after all.

IC:

Delgar lifted himself painfully from the ground, head ringing. Looking around, he groaned.

'My magical equipment! All destroyed! This is a bit much...one thing to attack me, quite another to destroy all my hard work. Without it, I can hardly project more than a few metres. Still, enough to make me invisible...with luck I should be able to sneak aboard a ship. I don't think the rebels will have that much of a chance if he can do that...'

But just as Delgar is about to leave, already cloaked by invisibility, he stops.

What's wrong with me? Running away again? I should at least stay-maybe there's something I can do, although I don't know what...I'll get back to my manor, anyway. There's some equipment left there I can use, I think...

Delgar sets off on his journey, fully conscious that at his slow speed of walking the battle will likely be finished before he can intervene again, but determined nonetheless to see the rebellion through if he possibly can.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #332
Firedrake concentrated as Baltazar put up his shockstorm, surrounding the barrier. "Hey Baltazar! Deal with this!" and he tosses a fireball at the portal...

OOC: You can decide whether or not it hits Nazgul, and also, if your not going to include any demons in the final battle, you should create some reason the rebel soldiers disappear from the fight such as Baltazar warps himself and the adventurers to his own private arena somewhere. After a fight in the throne room or something.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #333
The fireball crossed the barrier and struk the portal with a mighty explosion.

Baltazar: Noooooo!!! You fool!!

The smoke slowly lifted from the portal area only to reveal the portal was intact and not only that, but there were two bulky winged demons, both holding two hell-hounds with some huge chains.

Demon: Baltazar, what is this!! You are supposed to keep and protect the portal until the link between the planes is established!! Our Demonic Lord has made a great effort to send us through this unstable portal.

Baltazar: I am carefull, it was just a lucky shot. Stop whining and destroy that scum!!

The two demons released the four hell-hounds as they flied over to meet the adventurers and rebels in combat.

Baltazar: Onyl a few more minutes...

Baltazar now proceded to mass haste his new reinforcements and mass cursing the rebels and adventurers. The effect was inmediate as the Hell-hounds leaped over the rebels and teared them off in seconds ready for their next prey.

Molek: Curse the beasts!! We cant waste any more time, the portal will soon be ready!! Firedrake, Eve, Namothil, ShadowWolf...all of your party must stop that portal.. I will take these demons attention away from Baltazar and the portal...

The party watched as the demons were skillfuly led out of Baltazars chambers. Now there was only a shok wave separating them from Baltazar...and quite a strong one.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #334
Shadow Wolf put his hand in front of him, palm facing against the shockwave. What could have been a bone-shattering shockwave turned into a strong gust of magical but harmless wind that blew his hair back violently and made him stagger back a few paces, nothing more. A blue glow could be seen on his gloved palm. The party advanced on Balthazar, for the final battle...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #335
OOC: Time to give Alcove a little action. Though she won't be leaving the room yet.

IC: Alcove has been listening to the battle intently for more than an hour and then suddenly there is complete silence. "Oh, no, what has happened to the rebels?!" She gets up from the table and heads towards the door. She listens intently with her ear up against the stone. She hears footsteps off in the distance. Lots of them. "Good, the rebels are still alive." She turns around and is about to head back to her chair, when she hears the mighty door to Baltazar's chamber being bust open.

"My god!!! They have already broken in!! They have no idea what they are facing!" She faces the door again and attempts to open the bolts. Before she can get her hands on them though, she hears the sounds of the rebels being thrown against the wall and then feels a strong twinge of magic, even through the wall. Without warning, she hears a booming noise outside the window. She rushes over to it and sticks her head through the illusion. She surveys the surrounding land as best she can through the tiny window and can just make out the faint glow of an explosion far off in the distance.

Then a dread falls over her. The feeling that Delgar's illusions have ceased working and that something has happened to him. "Enough of this nonsense. Baltazar has to be stopped, and I have the feeling that the rebels will need my help." She rushes to the door and once again is about to open it when she hears another explosion and the booming voice of Baltazar. "Stop whining and destroy that scum!!" Then she hears an ungodly howling.

"Oh, dear god!!!! He has opened a portal and has sent out Hell Hounds!!!" She turns her attention back to the bolts on the door and attempts to open them, but to her horror, she finds that they won't budge. She steps back and send bursts of energy out of her hands at the door trying to knock it down, with no success. Then she smirks to herself, "Well, Alcove, they don't call it a strong room for nothing. Now how do I...? Before she can complete her thought, an illusionary head appears in front of her. It's the head of Baltazar and it stares directly at her.

"Ha Ha Ha!!! I don't think so my pretty!! Do you really think that I never found out about this room? I know everything after all!!! That window is far too small for you to climb out and I have magically sealed the door!! Consider yourself trapped my dear!!!! BWAH HA HA HA HAAAAA!!!!!? With that, Baltazar's head disappears and Alcove is left alone. "DAMN YOU BALTAZAR!!!!! I WILL KILL YOU IF I GET OUT OF HERE!!!!" Alcove goes back over to the table and sits back down in the chair to relax and think of a way out of the room.

OOC: I will find a way out for her in my next post. At least give me a chance to attack Baltazar a little. If I can?t help, at least get someone to retrieve the power crystal from the room Alcove was sealed in originally to help her get her powers back from the Power Crystal. Please give the crystal a use at least. After all, it is a Power Crystal.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #336
Reaching his manor, Delgar hurries to the cellar, and looks into his scrying mirror.

Help! They actually haven't got a hope!

Thinking fast, Delgar scans the tower, looking for something...anything that will help the rebels. He finds something, although it's not quite what he's looking for.

Alcove! How did she get her power back so quickly! Never mind, that's not important. If she actually means what she's thinking about helping the rebels, I'll almost forgive her for killing Arcadia. But how to get her out of that room?

Delgar stands in silent agony for a second or two. Never before in his life has he done something so rash as to willingly go closer than he has to to someone who wants to kill him, but now it looks like he has to.

Alcove is sitting in her strong room, thinking desperately, when another head appears on the wall. Standing up to hurl abuse at Balthazar, she realises it is in fact Delgar.

'Alcove. No time for a protracted conversation. I'm coming to the tower to try and get you out, but I need to travel fast. Can you summon an imp and send it to my manor, with orders to carry me to the tower? I ought to be able to do the rest.'

'But inside?'

'Can't you summon through walls?'

'No, I need to be able to visualise.'

'Right...let me help.'

Suddenly, one wall of the cell disappears and the sky can be seen. Alcove reaches forward to touch it, but the wall is still there, just invisible.

'Just cast the spell, and fast...the portal will activate within minutes!'

Alcove nods, and begins casting. After a few seconds' rant, an imp appears outside the tower. At a telepatic command from Alcove, it turns and wings its way towards Delgar's manor.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #337
OOC: I had a plan for getting Alcove out, and you just made it easier somewhat.

IC: Alcove, having finished summoning an imp and sending it to Delgar's aid, sits back down in her chair at the table. She begins thinking of a way out of the room again. Then she remembers something. There is a secret exit built into the room somewhere. For the next 15 minutes, she searched for the secret exit with no success. Then she notices the rug on the floor. She pulls it back and sees a trap door. "Yes!!! There is my ticket to freedom. Even Baltazar was oblivious to it."

She unlocks the bolts and lifts open the trap door. She sees a hidden shaft and makes her way into it. She closes the trapdoor and begins crawling slowly through the tunnel. She comes to a blanks wall and pushes on it. It slides out and falls to the floor with a loud thud. She crawls out of the tunnels and finds herself on the level beneath Baltazar's throne room. She begins making her way towards the steps leading to the last level for the final battle.

OOC: I await more posts of the battle.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #338
As the imp carried Delgar off to the tower, he wondered yet again why he had let himself get so involved...why not simply take the first boat off the island? Yet now he had no way out, no way of escape if everything went wrong. And he had to help Alcove...

At that juncture, the imp landed, dropping Delgar in through a window. In the room he landed in, there was a Power Crystal on a table.

Hmmm. Presumably, once Alcove has this, she'll be able to escape from that room...so she told the imp to drop me here. Logical. Now, where is she?

At that point, Alcove bursts into the room and picks up the crystal.

'Delgar! At last! We must hurry, the rebels cannot help to survive alone!'

'That's all very well, but I'd perfer to remain here.'

'What? Why?'

'Because I can preject an illusion just as easily from here, and this is about as close as I'd like to get to Balthazar...'

'If you're going to play it like that, you'd better hide in the strong room. Quickly, this way...'

Alcove shows Delgar the way to the strong room, where he will hopefully be magically shielded from Balthazar. In return, he cloaks her in a powerful invisibility shield, and sends her on her way.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #339
OOC: Sorry, guys, I've been preoccupied with school for a long time. Am I with the other guys in Baltazar's throne room? I won't continue with this post until I know. If yes, then I'm basically boned - Eferas knows only fire spells, and presumably these would not be effective against demons. He might try to do something nasty to Baltazar though, and he *is* a rather powerful mage, even though he is limited to fire.

::IC under Construction::

--------------------
Visit The Santharian Dream and its RP board. Or the Encyclopaedia Ermariana!
Got a brain? Go to Polaris!
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
To a conspiracy for downfall and desperance
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #340
Somewhere else in the upper levels of the tower...

Kel-Aziz: Curse this tower!! I have been wondering for an hour without meeting any one.

Suddenly Kel-Aziz stoped. Slowly he leaned to the grown and placed his palm on the stone floor.

Kel-Aziz: Six...no, five men are running this way...the other creature is not human.

Kel-Aziz leaned even more, now placing his ear against the floor.

Kel-Aziz:...mmm....my asumptions were correct. Five men are escaping from a four legged creature, by the sound of it a big one.

Suddenly Kel-Aziz heard a distant scream and th houling of an infernal beast. He then noticed his waveblades were shining.

Kel-Aziz: That can mean only two things, undead...or...

Inmediatly four rebel soldiers apeared around a corner of the hall and came running in his direction, right behind them a huge horned hellish beast.

Kel-Aziz: Demons!!
Rebel: Run...run for your life...!!!

To the rebels surprise Kel-Aziz did exactly the oposite. He remained standing, totally still as the beast came running at an horrific speed, growling as he went.

Once the beast was only a few feets away from Kel-Aziz he inmediatly drawed both his waveblades and waitied in a strange combat position. What happened next was too fast for a common eye to see but as both human and beasts crossed path only a strong light could be seen, probably caused by the fast move of Kel-Aziz´s waveblades.

As the rebels turned to see what had happened they found the beast staring at them, standing totaly still, while Kel-Aziz was standing further past the beast, giving his back towards both the beast and the rebels as he lowered his waveblades.

Rebel: What are you doing!! The beast is still alive!!

Kel-Aziz turned his face to them and smiled.

Kel-Aziz: The best is dead.

He then disapeared running through the passage the rebels came from. The rebels stared surprised at the inmobile beast when it suddenly, and quite literaly, split in half, revealing all his internal organs and a fould smell. The surprised rebels ran back to join their group, still harrased by the remaining demons.

OOC: Nice to have you back Arancaytar, be shure to read, at least, from the intro of the final chapter.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #341
"Go for the portal! If that stabilizes, we're in trouble," shouted Firedrake. He then dove out of the path of a lightning bolt. Firedrake went into a roll and stood. He began to cast another fireball, this time right at Baltazar. Baltazar deflected it, but was distracted, concentrating on trying to hit Firedrake...

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #342
The portal, flickering madly, suddenly began to shrink. Faster and faster it (OOC: illusionarily, if that's a word...) shrank, until it had disappeared completely. Aghast, Balthazar stopped what he was doing, and tried to turn and run, only to realise that he had nowhere to go. Turning, he began to cast spells wildly, simultaneously trying to figure out what had gone wrong with the portal. (OOC again: Nothing is wrong, but he can't work that out instantaneously...)

Meanwhile, Eferas heard a voice beside him...Delgar's voice.

The portal's still there, but I don't think Balthazar's shielding it any more. If you cast the biggest fireball you can manage at where it was, the magical energy should destabalise it for several minutes more, or even destroy it if you've got that much energy left.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #343
Firedrake stopped for a second, concentrating all of his magical energy into a final fireball spell. He aimed it at Baltazar, but at the last second tossed it towards the portal...

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #344
OOC: remember, SW's friend Din is still up in the skies around the tower, in an armed piece of aircraft.

IC:
All the random spells Balthazar has cast has created some sort of instability in the room. There was a shroud of mixed magical energies around the mage king, and a non-physical projectile would either kill or maim him. On the other hand, he could be blown out of the tower, with an easy escape if Din would not be able to shoot him down.

But for now, it's a critical weakness - one that would last no more than a minute. A Soul Lance formed on his hand...

Soul fail me not, Shadow Wolf said to himself. "Or this may be the only oppurtunity that I got!"

As if time itself were slowed, the bluish lance of energy soared through the air, right at the shroud of unstable energy. None may predict what could happen, for better or for worse...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #345
OOC: I need to get Alcove in the room. But there are still some Hell Hounds around. I think I will destroy them along the way.

IC: Alcove rounds a corner and comes face to face with three Hell Hounds ripping and tearing at the flesh of some unfortunate rebels that were unable to get away. They stop devouring the flesh and turn their attention to Alcove. Suddenly they start running towards her, thinking she is an easy target.

Alcove has dealt with vermin like these before, so she isn't very frightened. She chants some words and holds up her hands, with her palms facing out, just as the Hell Hounds bound into the air in an attempt to land on her and rip her to shreds like the others. A blue flash of light pulses out from her hands and then strikes the Hell Hounds in mid-air.

When it hits them, they freeze in mid-air and seem to hover. She rants some more words and a red light shoots out from her hands and hits the Hell Hounds. As it strikes them, their bodies begin to shudder and then they begin convulsing in mid air. Alcove begins stepping backwards several paces at a time, until she is at least 25 feet from them. Then, without any warning, the convulsing of their bodies reaches a fever pitch and they explode with tremendous power, blowing pieces of themselves all over the place.

Shut puts down her hands and proceeds to walk past the shattered Hell Hounds, taking care to not get any of their filth on her robes. When she is clear of them, she begins running down the hall again. As she rounds another corner, she can see the opening in the wall that leads to the door of Baltazar's throne room. She takes out the Crystal of Tomechlia and clutches it in her hand as she walks towards the door. She can hear the sounds of battle coming from within and can see flashes of magical energy lighting up the wall opposite of the door.

OOC: I will have her enter the throne room in my next post. Let's not let the portal be destroyed with fireballs right away. The Tomechlia Crystal, or Crystal of Tomechlia must be used. The controller of Delgar helped make that clear. I will get my next post in as quickly as possible. Sorry for the length of this one. That's why I need another post.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #346
OOC: Here is the other half of my story part. Please don?t consider this storyline to be me hijacking the plot. I tried to make it fair for everyone.

As she enters the doorway, she can see no portal but can see a mage preparing to throw a strong firebolt at a blank space. "What is he doing?" she wonders. Then she hears a whisper in her ear. It is Delgar. "Alcove, I have turned the portal invisible so that it forces Baltazar into a panic and gives the rebels a chance to destroy it. You need to use that power crystal to close the portal for good. But how do we get you over to it? You will have to take your chances Alcove. Quick!!! Rush over to it while Baltazar is distracted!! Fireballs will weaken it, but they can't destroy it.?

Alcove realizes the gravity of the situation. She casts a protection spell on herself and makes a run for the portal just after a fireball and a blue lance of some sort were hurled in separate directions. The fireball hits the portal and causes a large explosion. But to the horror of the adventurers, the illusion fades for some reason and the portal reappears.

Alcove stops in her mid-run, now able to see the portal, but its sudden appearance almost scared her. She fears that either something happened to Delgar, or that fireball disrupted the illusion. Then she sees the blue lance thing hit Baltazar in the throat and it creates a medium explosion and a lot of smoke. When it clears however, the adventurers, and remainders of the rebels were expecting to see Baltazar lying on the ground dead or half dead. To their surprise, he wasn?t there at all.

The mages begin looking around the room cautiously because they know Baltazar is full of tricks. The rebels on the other hand, begin cheering because they mistakenly think that Baltazar was blown to smithereens. One even yelled out, ?He spontaneously combusted!!!? This brought laughter to the Rebels. But none of the adventurers or mages were cheering or laughing. They were too busy trying to figure out where Baltazar went. They knew well enough that they would soon find out.

Alcove, knowing the danger isn?t over yet, runs over to the portal and thrusts the edge of the crystal into it. The portal automatically starts bubbling, popping, and hissing. The images in the portal begin to fade as she stares directly into the eyes of a huge demon that is trying to get through the now shrinking portal. He roars loudly at not being able to get through.

Then all of the sudden, something appears to be running towards the portal on the demon side and is going to come through to the throne room side. Alcove barely has enough time to move out of the way, as a figure pulling another figure come hurtling out of the portal and land in the middle of the room.

Alcove keeps the crystal edge thrust in the portal, but attempts to turn around. Her eyes open wide with surprise when she sees that the two figures are Mancire and Fluffy. ?What the?!!!?? is all she manages to get out because she is too shocked by what she is seeing. The two lost and previously dead characters get up off the floor and look around.

Then as Alcove turns her attention back to the portal, she feels two hands trying to strangle her. Her eyes grow wide and her face contorts to that of a person overcome by complete horror as she sees that Arcadia has come out of the portal and is now trying to kill her once again.

?I TOLD YOU I WOULD GET MY REVENGE!!!!! HAH HAH HAH!!!! DIE, ALCOVE, DIE!!!!!!? The adventurers in the room all turn to look at the horrific sight of a woman extending halfway out of the portal strangling the woman trying to close it. Alcove then drops the crystal on the floor it bounces once, and rolls a distance away. Alcove puts all her concentration into trying to free herself and keep Arcadia from strangling her to death.

After the crystal was removed from the portal, it rapidly began to grow larger again. If something isn?t done quickly, it will grow back to its original size.

OOC: I leave it up to the other people of the RP to help me. They must also decide where Baltazar has gone and when he reappears. Someone else will have to close the portal for me. Mind you, don?t thrust the whole crystal into the portal. Imagine the crystal as looking like that of diamonds you see in cartoons. It has a cone shape to it. Just stick the pointed end in the portal. Being hard like a diamond, it wouldn?t shatter if it was dropped on brick or concrete. But it would instead bounce a little and just roll away.

Sorry about the incredibly length of this post. I wrote it in Microsoft Word this time and miscalculated it's size.

[ Thursday, October 16, 2003 21:49: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #347
OOC: I consider that taking over the plot. Where did Omlette say that we needed a crystal to destroy the portal?

quote:
Omlette:
The portal's still there, but I don't think Balthazar's shielding it any more. If you cast the biggest fireball you can manage at where it was, the magical energy should destabalise it for several minutes more, or even destroy it if you've got that much energy left.

That's what Omlette, who is Delgar, said. Nothing about a crystal.

IC: I'll do it later, I can't think of anything right now...

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #348
OOC: Your post was fine MSW, but that was your last double post in this RP. A lesson you need to get for doing RP, is to play with the action-reaction. If you ever post in a scene were there are more players only post an action or a reaction to another players post. Dont do both of them.

Now back to the action, have to make a reason for Baltazars disapearence...

OC:
As Kel-Aziz grew closer and closer to the last level of the tower, he could hear the sounds of battle closer to him. Suddenly Kel-Aziz stoped.

Kel-Aziz: Who are you...
Voice: What! This is not possible.
Kel-Aziz: I can feel your precence.

Kel-Aziz inmediatly slashed his waveblade to his right. A scream followed the invisible strike as Baltazar himself apeared holding an improvised magical shield just fast enough to avoid being decapitated.

Kel-Aziz: I should have known it was you...Baltazat, am I right?
Baltazar: In person...who might you be...
Kel-Aziz: Your doom...

Kel-Aziz inmediatly double swinged his waveblades at Baltazar only to find he was hiting an invisible barrier.

Baltazar: Impressive speed!!...but futile I must add. This arcane shield is enough to protect me from you or any of your foolish friends. No magic in this plane is able to lower this shield unless I command it to.
Kel-Aziz: Nonsense.
Baltazar: Oh realy...then why dont you try a few of your swings again...

Kel-Aziz did not wait for him to end his sentence when he was already swinging his waveblades viciously at the invisible barrier surrounding Baltazar. The very barrier trembled at the savage blows.

Baltazar: Impossible!! How can you be harming my shield...the arcance shield...there are no weapons or spells in this world capable of harming it exept for...

As Kel-Aziz pulled back surprised of the archmages power, the also surprised Baltazar raised his trembling finger towards Kel-Aziz. Baltazar recognized the man in front of him.

Baltazar:...You..., it cant be, there are no more...you...you are one of the Darubian Royal Guards...so...the legends were true...there are still Darubian Inmortals wondering this world...

If Kel-Aziz was surprised before, he was even more now when he realised Baltazar knew who he was. He then noticed the man in front of him was more than a mad archmage as he first thought, but he was a learned one. Only a few couple of erudite elders he had met in his inmortal life had any recolection or knowledge of the Darubian Empire, let alone the once feared Darubian Royal Guard.

Baltazar: What would I give to learn the secrets of inmortality without having to sell my life for the nether...you are a lucky one Darubian...
Kel-Aziz: I would gladly trade this horrible curse with you if it was possible.

Baltazar was too facinated with the living museum that stood by him. Sowly he watched the intricate carvings on the armour, the simbol of the Silver Moon of Darubia with both waveblades crossing in front of it, his eyes glowed in fascination, marveled as those of a small child. For a second Kel-Aziz fell pitty for the mage, yet another mortal mage consumed with the greed for power. Baltazar was now observing his waveblades.

Baltazar: Ah...so these are the famous Darubian waveblades, crafted by the Darubian smiths in times were the world was young. Mmm...se these are the only weapons capable of piercing the Darubian Kings, Arcane Shield.

Kel-Aziz staggered back in surprise. Baltazar noticed his reaction.

Baltazar: Oh..so you remember them...Well yes, I now about this and many other matters of your culture thanks to the tome. Thats right, I have in my power one of the ancient tomes of the Darubian Kings.

Kel-Aziz eyes opened in horror as all the pieces made sense. The rapid promotion of Baltazar to power, the effective power he used to quickly remove the former King and gain total control of the Island, the Lich Lord, the former Darubian King who mentioned he arrived to this location for personal reasons. It all made sense now, he wanted the tome Baltazar had in his power, the same tome that gave him his power, the runic shields, the spells...everything.

Baltazar: Surprised! I found it on one expedition I made to your former lands, now only a huge desert. After much dungeouns and catacombs I made it to the tomb of a Darubian King, all of my students died on that voyage, but it was well worth all the trouble...just look at me now.

Baltazar suddenly opened his eyes wider from wich a fast and surprising lightnig ray hit Kel-Aziz and sent him to the other side of the corridor.

Baltazar: So...my fears have come true. technicaly you are the only one capable of killing me, you know the Darubian Magic better than me!! What shall I do with you...Aha!!

As Kel-Aziz recovered from the shock Baltazar flew over him and fixed his eyes on Kel-Aziz´s eyes.

Baltazar: This is another of the few spells I have mastered from the Darubian Tome...Life Control!!

From Baltzars eyes a new slow purple beam shot out to meet Kel-Aziz. Both remained static as the beam remained. Once the beam disapeared Baltazar slowly desended by Kel-Aziz who was still inmobile, his eyes fixed straight forward, only with a slight malice about them that would stir the most hardened warrior. Baltazar smiled.

Baltazar: All too easy. I escaped the battle looking for some new trinkets to use against those foolish adventurers and look what I found. What better guard for me and the portal than a Darubian Royal Guard!. Once I finish with those fools I may use you for some translation tips on the tome and then maybe, I shall have the great power of the ancients Ahahaha! Darubian King Magic and a Darubian Royal Guards combat skills...all mine!.

Baltazar continued laughing as he walked back to his chambers, Kel-Aziz slowly but firmly behind him.

[ Friday, October 17, 2003 14:10: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #349
Sorry, I misread Omlette's post. And I am sorry if I made my point too strong about the power crystal's use. But at least the portal will be destroyed. I said I tried to make it fair for everyone else in the RP, not that I was trying to take it over and change the plot. I was trying to make it interesting. An idea came to me and it seemed like it might work, so I posted it.

As I can see from Nazgul's post, my hunch about my idea making the story more interesting worked out. His touch on the story is excellent. If I had just let the story be the way it was, his terrific addition would never have happened. I congratulate you Nazgul on a very well done post. I never would have come up with that. That was pure genius.

Also, I can't help it that I am a glutton for details in an RP. I can't just say that the opening to the doorway to the throne room was in sight and not have her enter it until several other posts later. I was afraid that my window of opportunity of getting the Power Crystal to the portal would pass me by if I didn't post my second post right away. I was actually hoping someone would post in between them so it would be more legitimate. But no such luck.

Arcadia had a score to settle with Alcove as was made clear with her curse on Alcove and her trying to kill her through the body of the Lich. There are other reasons for my posts. Mancire wanted to be returned to the real world, Fluffy was dead, but the curse on his clan still remained, and Omlette did give a hint about my using the Power Crystal for my own purposes.

Here is the hint, even though he didn't say it directly. It's where I got my assumption.

quote:
Written by Omlette
At that juncture, the imp landed, dropping Delgar in through a window. In the room he landed in, there was a Power Crystal on a table.

Hmmm. Presumably, once Alcove has this, she'll be able to escape from that room...so she told the imp to drop me here. Logical. Now, where is she?

At that point, Alcove bursts into the room and picks up the crystal.
Omlette never mentioned anything else about it. In my opinion, because he didn't state any more, he was simply leaving the Power Crystal's use up to me. But I think we should hear it from Omlette, not me.

Sorry for the long comments.

--------------------

Pages