The Avernum RP, OoC Thread

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Avernum RP, OoC Thread
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #50
Damn I'm good, I have a map of Valorum. It looks awesome, too. I made everyone flags as well. Again, just let me know if there are any inaccuracies.

Behold.

Sarachim: Lt. Sullust's faction is the yellow one, the Disciples of Khoth. Note the dragon on the flag.

[ Friday, January 11, 2008 13:51: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #51
You are very good at picking up symbolism for the flags. Anyways, I'm pretty sure the Anama have Softport, and the mountain range in Krizsan has a few passes you neglected to show. Nothing else immediantly jumps out at me, so good job.

EDIT: Just realized... if I want to make any serious expansions, I'm going to have to fight Sanctuary or the Anama eventually. The Anama not necessarily for the island, but for the Bay of Bigail. Southern expansion might be wisest, for the short term anyways. Man, that sucks. If I had some allies, I might pull it off, but as it is it's a lost cause.

[ Friday, January 11, 2008 14:18: Message edited by: Goldenking ]

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #52
Great map, but a couple discrepancies.
  • Thralni's FNF faction was destroyed just before the Time of the Star. It no longer exists (unless Thralni decides to bring it back).
Also, I'm not sure if the Looters were disbanded/destroyed or not. I'll have to check.

[ Friday, January 11, 2008 15:48: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #53
I commend the map ET, but you left out the Thieves Guild's valley in North Valorim(same one in A3). It's no big deal though.

Oh what joy I had writing the thieves' conversation.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #54
I love the maps, especially the Avernum one (obviously, I keep track of Valorim better, having my faction placed there).

I'm going to post a new summaries/roster thread right away, even though it is a bit early. Could everyone who's in this post a quick summary of every post thus far (doesn't have to be long, you could even just sum up the page). If you're busy and haven't made an IC yet, could you just make a "WILL EDIT LATER" post in that thread?
(For myself, I'm wondering whether or not my favourite neighbours, the Alliance and the Anama, will be in. I believe both of you said you're in, but just to double-check. Space in southern Valorim is at a premium.)

Alec/Nikki, as per my last (and only :o ) post, I have a group of agents doing recon in south-east Valorim. Incorporate them into your ICs if you want, but it's not that important.

--------------------
Stop quoting me!
- Jimmy Henderson
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #55
All holdings in Karnold have been abandoned-- the Anama will be having problems enough on Bigail.

I promise I'll get an intro up sometime.

--------------------
"NOW PASS ME MY BOOTS. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A FACE." -Nikki

Tales From the Tabard Inn: Now if only there was a 3600 Hour Contest.....
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #56
Dintiradan: Good call.

Excalibur, for the record, this is not a Victorian prose competition. When you want to say "There's a corridor with spiders, and somebody stepped on one,"

quote:
The spider squirmed frantically from its entwinement, scuttling haphazardly towards the wall. The approaching torches illuminated the vapid sedimentary rock it yearned for. The spider raised its pedipalps at a descending moccasin. The fangs became intermingled with its sister organs.
Is a slightly long-winded way of saying so. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, your posts are hard to read. Or, it's a trying task to divine the true meaning of the materials you have distributed. :P

And I'm still generally alarmed at how little people seem to think that things have changed since A3.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #57
#1 - Faction introduction.
#2 - Vantanas spy Nedar reports Clearwater's death, and Iocabe orders him to open diplomacy with Order of Krell. Brazen Sanctuary priestess publicly denounces the Hunters in Sharimik.
#3 - Iocabe holds discussion with advisers, revealing that Sanctuary economy is weak, and that their only option is to expand. A possible tunnel under the mountains that existed during the time of the Plagues piques interest, and Iocabe sends scouts to the ruined Troglo castle to investigate. Vantanas spy receives orders and proceeds to Ivrel.
#4 - After an initially poor reception, the Vantanas spy/emissary lays out Sanctuary's offer. Iocabe reveals that he may have a divine artifact from Telkavoth, and also steels himself for a possible future war with the Hunters. On a lighter note, Sanctuary has a mage capable of blowing up his own house in Angel's Rest. Searches for the tunnel at the Troglo castle turn up nothing thus far.

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #58
I'll change the name. I was pleased I'd come up with a decent sounding name from nothing, but it turns out I'm actually just getting better at stealing things without realising. :P

Dintiradan: Done.

Ephesos: Things have changed! I invented a whole new town!! :P

Addit: ET, love the map. I'm just imaginging that there are going to be a few more towns/cities in Valorim. I mean, for one, I invented a new town just in my little corner... What I'd suggest is adding towns/cities/cool bits onto the map later, so it always reflects the world.

Addit 2: I've just realised that Valorim looks a bit like a mashed up Great Britain. There's Ireland, the bit that sticks out (Devon/Cornwall), and a great big barrier chopping it off from another land (Scotland).

[ Saturday, January 12, 2008 02:04: Message edited by: Slowly Downward ]

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - forget about your house of cards, and I'll deal mine.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #59
I'm afraid I'm forced to drop out of this at least until further notice. A large number of things have come up RL and I just don't have time to read everything and intergrate it with my own line. The Vale RP is about all I can accomplish at the moment.

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #60
The Vale RP is pretty much dead, so don't worry about it.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #61
Jeran, here's a simple fix: move your faction off of Valorim so it doesn't heavily interfere with the others. It already sounds like your faction won't be the kind to be fighting at the gates of its HQ, and it'll be more the type that operates through long-range, finessed missions. So if you move a bit, even up to Pralgad, you should have no trouble going semi-inactive.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #62
Heads up people! Does anyone at anytime plan to take control of the Looters? If they do, now would be a good time, because I'll be in that area shortly (shortly here meaning within a few ICs).

If not, I'll just say that they're just a fractured remnant of what they used to be when I move on the area.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #63
Some notes for version 2.0 of the maps:

All people who have not yet reintroduced their factions will be removed (The nephilim faction, the Looters, the Islands League, and that undead faction in Avernum). Damn, I made such cool flags for you guys, too. I'll leave Alec's faction in since he supposedly plans on participating, wherever he is.

Excalibur: I forget what valley you are talking about in Northern Valorum, can you explain to me where it is exactly?

Nikki: I'll put Perrin around where Gunkbar's Pit was in Avernum 3, that about right? Also, I'll make a new flag for your completed faction.

Tyranicus: I thought Dharmon played a part in your old King's assassination. Are they now under the new Kings rule (you said the whole Great Cave was)? I'll throw Patrick's tower under your rule as well. Does Alec still have Fort Saffron?

Guardians of the Star: They seems isolated enough to not need to move out of Valorum due to inactivity.

Note that there are tons of lands in Northern Valorum up for grabs. Get conquering!

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #64
That was the pit where the Faerie was trapped, right? Yeah, go for it. So long as it's got a fair amount of land for (runined) cropland, it's not super-important.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #65
Dharmon and Blosk both plotted to kill the king, but they were all but destroyed and rebuilt after his assassination. I have everything from Fort Remote to ToM. I would presume Alec still has everything he had before.

[ Sunday, January 13, 2008 07:32: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #66
quote:
Excalibur: I forget what valley you are talking about in Northern Valorum, can you explain to me where it is exactly?

Upper right corner, the large one

The Church of Divine Lucre has a monastery in that valley also, but no one's playing them.

[ Sunday, January 13, 2008 13:41: Message edited by: Excalibur ]

--------------------
For Carnage, Apply Within
Member # 95
Profile #67
quote:
The Church of Divine Lucre has a monastery in that valley also, but no one's playing them.
Don't tempt me, man. :P

--------------------
The BoA Arena: Two collections of ones and zeroes enter. One collection of ones and zeroes leaves.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #68
quote:
Originally written by Sarachim:

quote:
Don't tempt me, man. :P

Do it. Do it. Do it. We need the Divine Lucre. Do it. Perfect replacement for the Looters. DO IT! Mercenary church... used by non-theocracies... DO IT ALREADY!!!

--------------------
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #69
Eh, but the Church of Divine Lucre is spread all over Valorim.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #70
quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

I read this as "no one's paying them" which made more sense.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #71
I had my first day of classes today, yet I still managed to get an IC up and finish version 2.0 of the maps.

Avernum & Valorum

What's your excuse?

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #72
You might want to adjust the maps in light of my last IC. Sorry to make them outdated so soon.

I've sent letters to a dozen literary agents, and completed a manuscript of my book, AND started designing another BoA scenario the day after releasing another one.

I think I win so far. :P

P.S Pretty, pretty flag, Tully. :)

[ Monday, January 14, 2008 11:16: Message edited by: Caroline. ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #73
What? My new map is already rendered obsolete due to a new city and changes in territory?

I suggest the rest of you follow Nikki's example.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #74
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

What? My new map is already rendered obsolete due to a new city and changes in territory?

I suggest the rest of you follow Nikki's example.

Done. I'm expanding north, and now I'm expanding west. I'd expand south as well, but I RP their being Rakshasi bands roaming in that area, preventing me from going there.

I'm trying to get a connection from Farport to Krizsan. So, I was going to expand west and try to get the Unicorn Pass area. Then I noticed that the rivers were connected where they weren't before. Most have been a magical battle between the Rakshasi and some of Dint's agents during the Time of the Star *wink wink*. So, I figure I'll still expand west a bit, but instead of trying to get to the pass, I'll take control of the river and sail to Krizsan, along with taking control of the road to the west of it. That'll ease things up a bit.

So, ET, I claimed an island. You had it under the Anama, but I doubt he ever claimed it. It had no settlement, and according to his posts he's far to busy on the main island to even think about this place. Wasn't this island the one with the iron laden ship that crashed? If so, it might be a bit big on the map.

--------------------

Pages