The Avernum RP, OoC Thread

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Avernum RP, OoC Thread
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #275
I think its clear by now that everyone hates everyone else, so let me recommend something.

1: Your not gods, stop acting like them.

2: One players opinion should not influence the style of everyone elses. If the RP was going well with all these individual styles then there's no reason to change them.

3: Stop acting like childern throwing mud at each-other. This is a Forum not the celestial tribunal. Manners cost nothing and make you sound more mature.

4: If you cannot get anything together, then let the RP die with the dignity its linage deserves then move on with your pathetic little world-domination plans somewhere you won't harm the kittens.

5: Grow up

Jeran, who can say from experiance this kind of crap is the best way to break up a forum, and is disgusted by the immaturity currently being displayed by the so-called great writers. Therefore he will now crawl into a corner and ignore this thread, so don't bother flamming me, it just displays further your inhability to deal with the situation.

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #276
Is this a joke?

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #277
quote:
Originally written by Jeran Korak:

...yeah... :rolleyes:
Ha ha ha.

Right everybody, lets stop the fussing and the feuding. Tullegor, Nioca - write posts as long as you like. If it's mega-long and somebody misses something in it, then you'll have to deal with it, and let them know or something. This isn't me being snide either, I'm just saying that not everybody will have unlimited time to read everything.

I'd like to also bring up one point in particular. Tully - people haven't got an aversion to reading, which is a fairly poor reading of what's been said, itself done in a clumsy way. It's that people have limited time, and when they do decide to post here, they don't want to spend 3 hours catching up with everything else that's going on. I think setting yourself a target length would be a nice idea. That way, you can go over it without people weeping, or crying into their tea, but you're more likely to be concise.

Also, Dip should be allowed to join, as a new faction if needed. If only because I can't decide whether or not he's being sincere either. :)

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - forget about your house of cards, and I'll deal mine.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #278
It's not his whining that pisses me off, I've learned to live with it and I would have continued making long posts regardless of what he thinks. What pissed me off was that he is now attacking me personally when all I tried to do was keep the RP going. And he'll get away with it too, because the bastards in power look out for their own before they look out for other members. The worst part is that Ephesos was kind of cool before he became a churlish, self-important moderator prick.

And no, I'm not trying to take over the boards, Ephesos, nor do I hate people simply for being mods or for being here longer than me. I think someone is taking Dikiyoba's stories a bit too seriously, yes?

Edit: Nikki, isn't there a summary thread just for the people you described? It doesn't even seems like Ephesos was attacking post length anymore, but changed his argument to simply insult Nioca's writing style, which is a completely uncalled for attack. The guy is being unreasonable, and it makes me think he is having personal problems or something for him to undergo such a change in character.

[ Monday, March 03, 2008 04:57: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #279
Aren't all the attacks becoming a little personal? There's less content and more invective.

Let me give you all a friendly suggestion. Put away your machismo, remember that everyone has different ideas of how things should work, and that you all need to be open to LISTENING to other ideas respectfully, if you want to have any hope of doing any RP at all.

But if nothing else, please put away the machismo before you wake up this board's moderators.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #280
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Edit: Nikki, isn't there a summary thread just for the people you described?
Fair point, but like anybody uses that still. :P

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #281
On the off-chance that I still have any semblance of dignity left, I'm bowing out of this RP. I hope that there's a chance, however slim, that future endeavors are more successful. That said, I hope this particular RP burns.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #282
This RP has been lingering in a state of near-death for a few weeks now. The trouble is people become too invested in their storylines and aren't quite ready to let go. Perhaps it is our fault for trying to resurrect it in the first place...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #283
Well, I'm feeling vindicated. I'll have my next IC up as soon as I make an illustration for it.

Lt Sullust: Are you leaving as well? You're faction's leader is currently in my faction's main base. If you leave, bad things might happen!

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #284
I just want to say that, for varying reasons, this will likely be my last RP for a long time.

As in relation to this one, I'm waiting for Nikki and Tullegolar's next moves before I proceed.

[ Monday, March 03, 2008 11:51: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #285
It's up. That's right, I introduced more characters. If I'm gonna be moving to the surface, I'll need some people who know their way around, yes?

To make up for it, I'll update the maps later today or tomorrow. I know there's a sort of stigma on these boards when it comes to promising things like that, but has Tullegolar ever let you down?

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #286
Isn't it a bit late to ask if I'm leaving? I haven't posted anything since January...

To be honest, I think things really got off to a bad start when Alec never joined in the RP. He was one of the primary members behind resurrecting it, then he just up and vanished...

[ Monday, March 03, 2008 14:06: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #287
Speaking of the summary page, I really need to update that.

Now is the time to introduce Diprosopus. As of right now we have four contributing members and a puppet faction.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
BANNED
Member # 13806
Profile #288
Can I be the puppet faction? I am, I assure you, a magnificent puppet master. :D
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #289
Actually, the puppet faction is the Hunters. You see, Goldenking pulled out, so his faction is controlled by everyone else.

Frozen Feet did start a new RP if you want to join that. I don't have any objection to you joining here, but I'm just one of us.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
BANNED
Member # 13806
Profile #290
I was under the impression that his RP was a joke-in-progress of whose punchline I was not party. My apologies. :o
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #291
quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

As of right now we have four contributing members and a puppet faction.
Five. Dintiradan hasn't bowed out (yet).

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #292
As promised:
Valorim
Avernum

Wow, Goldenking leaves just as he achieves the biggest victory so far in the RP? He must have something pretty important going on elsewhere. Anyway, Nikki is still officially in Delan, pending evacuation to wherever. I recommend Footracer. I'll keep the Anama and the Hunters on the map until someone makes a move for their territory. Other than that, the Lady has arrived. It's on.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #293
ET: I won that bit of Silvar too by flanking him.

And I left because of the people. Ephesos's idea was outrageous, especially given his position in nowhere, Avernum is yours, Nioca keeps coming up with crazy ideas, Nalyd's doing nothing, Dint is inactive, and now Disp wants in.

The whole scene is just asking to be killed. No offense. I departed before the fecal matter collided with the airway ventilation unit.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #294
quote:
Originally written by Kinggolden:

...Nioca keeps coming up with crazy ideas, Nalyd's doing nothing...
What does Nayld have to do with anything? He never even joined the RP.

Also, how are my ideas nearly as crazy as you aligning with a dragon, deciding to destroy the Phoenix Empire for no IC reason whatsoever, or trying to get necromancy?

--------------------

Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #295
Wow ET, you even showed the Guild in the Keep of Tinraya, though I unintentionally never mentioned it. Great job!

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #296
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Also, how are my ideas nearly as crazy as you aligning with a dragon, deciding to destroy the Phoenix Empire for no IC reason whatsoever, or trying to get necromancy?
Hahaha. The kid has a point.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #297
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

quote:
Originally written by Kinggolden:

...Nioca keeps coming up with crazy ideas, Nalyd's doing nothing...
What does Nayld have to do with anything? He never even joined the RP.

I meant Excalibur. It was late.

A dragon that did nothing, an empire that was encroaching on my rightful territory, and not having necromancy, you mean? As opposed to crystal shards lying around in the Troglo Castle for years, the invisibility thing, (I'm still uneasy with that) and getting this super potion/grenade out of nowhere?

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #298
I think the only thing that Goldenking did that was overboard was the disease, but I didn't like Nioca's potion either. With those two things, your both still even in my eyes. Come on Goldenking, your faction is too powerful for you to leave now. There is no rush to post or anything, I have no problem with a few days of inactivity now and then. Just as long as you come back eventually. I'll acquire a necromancy book for you if your do (totally legit).

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #299
Well, I had to find something to combat your enormous army. Besides, it encourages a relationship between Sanctuary and the Thieves Guild. And I wouldn't exactly call it a super-potion either.

[ Wednesday, March 05, 2008 14:26: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Pages