The Avernum RP, OoC Thread

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Avernum RP, OoC Thread
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #200
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Dintiradan and Goldenking, you both fail.

If people don't start posting, I will simply invade the surface and conquer the whole thing without you.

I'd like to see you try. ;)

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #201
Do not doubt the Emperor. You can doubt Tully, but not The Emperor. ;)

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #202
Hey, c'mon. I follow through on my promises... several days later.

Yeah, I know. I fail, indeed.

Nikki, hopefully you don't mind what I've done with Brand.

I also didn't touch Laz's character. I'll leave that up to him.

Update to summary thread tomorrow-ish.

--------------------
Demetrius wants you to be his tool!
- Dominion of the Learned recruitment poster
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #203
Nikki! I'm not done talking to you! Check your PM's!

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #204
I wouldn't expect a reply tonight, Goldenking. Nikki works on either GMT or GMT +01:00. That means that it's currently sometime between 10:30 to 12:00 PM for him.

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #205
Dintiradan: No, that's fine.

Goldenking: I was at work from 2pm to 12am last night, and from 11:30 to 7pm tonight. So I've not checked my PMs. Sorry.

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - forget about your house of cards, and I'll deal mine.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #206
Nikki, as I told you via PM, it's either you or me. And seeing as how you're allying with the Sanctuary, I need to move know to destroy you. I'm hoping that my mass attack, along with the surprise factor, would be enough to get me victory in the War of Krizsanian Unification.

Meanwhile, I'll be doing all in my power to prevent Sanctuary and the Phoenix Empire from having further contact. Even if it means killing diplomats traveling through my territory. But if you can find a way, maybe around Bigail, then I'm more then willing to be forced onto a two front war. But until then, the Great Game against the Sanctuary will do.

--------------------
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #207
Been hitting the quantum laxative a little hard? I have no problem about most of what transpired, but there is one thing I disagree with.

A month?!

That's pushing timetables a little too fast, don't you think? Unless you have any objections (and probably even if you do), I'm not making the month that passed in your IC canon just yet. Know that I'm not snubbing you, but I prefer time to pass at a fairly stable rate. Thus, my next IC will probably start shortly after the refugees arrived.

Also, I'm a little concerned about the amount of power you're gaining and bringing to bear here. A massive army of goblins? An alliance with a dragon? Assaulting five cities simultaneously? To be blunt, I'm a little skeptical of this.

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #208
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Been hitting the quantum laxative a little hard? I have no problem about most of what transpired, but there is one thing I disagree with.

A month?!

That's pushing timetables a little too fast, don't you think? Unless you have any objections (and probably even if you do), I'm not making the month that passed in your IC canon just yet. Know that I'm not snubbing you, but I prefer time to pass at a fairly stable rate. Thus, my next IC will probably start shortly after the refugees arrived.

Also, I'm a little concerned about the amount of power you're gaining and bringing to bear here. A massive army of goblins? An alliance with a dragon? Assaulting five cities simultaneously? To be blunt, I'm a little skeptical of this.

A month. Sure, I went ahead of schedule a bit, but that's just a timetable of symptoms, death, and infection. In the time until the month comes, feel free to RP the Plague spreading around like the filthy Plague it is. You don't have to skip ahead a month by any means.

The Dragon and the Goblins are there as plot devices, for an eventual revolt that will occur, not for any combat purposes. The Dragon may end up doing something eventually, but the goblins are definitely just filler. They wouln't do me any fighting. As for attacking five cities, its with forces I've already detailed existing, and with the exception of the Imperial Navy were already nearby. In fact, the only ones I feel sure about are Delan, New Sumar, and Silvar.

I certainly don't expect to win all of the cities on the first try, but I do think I'll win a few. And from there I can expand into the Krizsan with reinforcments. Since it's not to difficult to defend my northern or eastern borders.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #209
I think you're being unreasonable with the amount of military prowess.

Amadis told me about some plans, but I'm not sure how I'll incorporate his ideas into my next post.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #210
:'(

*Goes off to check the maps of Northern Valorim*

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #211
*stares slack-jawed at post lengths*

Come on, people, no need to write a novel with each post. And you wonder why things have slowed down. :P

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #212
Interestingly, the people writing long posts are writing them more frequently than the short posters. I certainly don't intend to slow down, and I like my novels. It's all in the character development. My latest post was particularly entertaining, I think.

[ Friday, February 08, 2008 10:26: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #213
I have an excuse, though. I have a whole crap-load of stuff I need to attend. Besides, longer posts will hold people over longer than short snippets. :P

And you're one to talk Ephesos, considering you haven't posted since early page 2.

---------------
An Excerpt from my next IC:
Debris, horses, and people flew everywhere.

[ Friday, February 08, 2008 10:30: Message edited by: Nioca ]
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #214
quote:

I have an excuse, though. I have a whole crap-load of stuff I need to attend. Besides, longer posts will hold people over longer than short snippets. :P

And you're one to talk Ephesos, considering you haven't posted since early page 2.

1. No they won't, they'll just scare away people who don't have enough time to read everyone's novellas.

2. I have a life. And I just posted. So there. :P

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #215
Goldenking: I guess one of the problems I have with it is that I can't do anything to affect their fate. I'd at least like the kit to make it.

Oh, and PM.

EDIT: I have a new gimmick for the Avernum RP. Watch the signature in my OoC posts for sneak peeks at my next IC.

----------------------
"We've also had Wevern take a few apprentices under his wing, though we are praying that he doesn't blow up part of the church in the process." - Faenelle

[ Friday, February 08, 2008 16:32: Message edited by: Nioca ]
For Carnage, Apply Within
Member # 95
Profile #216
Update: I'm not dead!

Also, sorry for disappearing for so long. I, too, have a life, but I'll post something soon.

--------------------
The BoA Arena: Two collections of ones and zeroes enter. One collection of ones and zeroes leaves.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #217
quote:

Goldenking: I guess one of the problems I have with it is that I can't do anything to affect their fate. I'd at least like the kit to make it.

Oh, and PM.

EDIT: I have a new gimmick for the Avernum RP. Watch the signature in my OoC posts for sneak peeks at my next IC.

Jake, Mrrphrrhrr the Third's son? Sure. He can develop a resistance to it, or something, and be the tool the clergy use to cure it. But he will be near death for a while.

Responded.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #218
Alright, my next IC should be up as soon as Goldenking gives it a once-through. I want to avoid what happened last time I posted an IC.

AMEND: My mistake. Nikki needs to make his move first, then I'll have the IC up. Oh, and Ephesos, you might want to brace yourself. It's 5-and-three-quarters page lengths long. Sorry, but I want character development too.

--------------------
[Faenelle] then doubled over slightly. Iocabe got up and prepared to rush around the table, but Faenelle shook her head, straining to speak. "Don't... bother! It'll... pass... shortly..." A few moments later, her breathing evened out.

[ Sunday, February 10, 2008 15:37: Message edited by: Nioca ]
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #219
You know, one of the perks of a factional RP is that you don't need nine pages of backstory for every peripheral character. :P

Sara, it's cool... I was similarly inactive. Figured I'd wait to do anything with Sister Nimbus until you showed signs of life.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #220
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

You know, one of the perks of a factional RP is that you don't need nine pages of backstory for every peripheral character. :P
True, but having the leading characters have a personality and backstory makes for a far more interesting experience. Unless, of course, you're playing a collective-hivemind faction.

----------------------
I am Iocabe of Borg. Resistance is futile. :P

----------------------
Several guards climbed down into the sewer system to look for the escaped thieves. Shamgar, Ferrrald, and their mysterious rescuer all picked up their collective paces. - #10 - Predator and Pray.

[ Saturday, February 09, 2008 08:58: Message edited by: Nioca ]
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #221
quote:

AMEND: My mistake. Nikki needs to make his move first, then I'll have the IC up.
My bad. Life has got the better of me. Will try and up something today.

Well, there you go Nioca, your go.

Dintiradan: I'm not going to address you in this post, but feel free to run with Brand if you want. Basically, I just want to be your friend. :)

[ Sunday, February 10, 2008 04:39: Message edited by: Nikki. ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #222
Ephesos, rejoice! It's half-a-page-length shorter than I originally thought! :P

I made a couple last-minute changes regarding the Phoenix Empire. Nothing extraordinary, it just addresses a few things I thought needed addressed. I also made the passage of time a bit more obvious in the Sharimik part of the post.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #223
Nioca: Amadis contacted the Sanctuary of Telkavoth via an acolyte in Dellston. (Post IX) You might want to edit your post.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #224
Fixed. Oh, and there's now also an angry peasant with a pitchfork. Because no RP is complete without an angry peasant with a pitchfork. :P

Excalibur, I sent you a PM you might be interested in.

[ Sunday, February 10, 2008 21:49: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Pages