The Avernum RP, OoC Thread

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Avernum RP, OoC Thread
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #175
Nioca, before you make your next post, I'd like to continue the interrogation a little longer.

And Cally, mind if I take control of your characters briefly? I want to ask them if they're Guildsmen, they refuse, I torture them briefly before the kitty breaks out and admits they are. Then Nioca can make his move.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #176
Agreed, but don't call me Cally.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #177
You have secured your place in the annals of Spiderweb lore as. . ."Cally".

:P

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #178
quote:
Originally written by Goldenking:

Nioca, before you make your next post, I'd like to continue the interrogation a little longer.
I feel I've waited long enough. I'll have an IC up tomorrow, regardless of an interrogation. (though I won't rush the interrogation thing)

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #179
quote:
Originally written by Agrajag:

You have secured your place in the annals of Spiderweb lore as. . ."Cally".

:P

That's lame. :(

I'm loving the pictures ET.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #180
Nioca: Fine. I wanted to get some quality, though ultimately unneccesary, torture in, but if you want to move along, go ahead. I can do it by guess work, I'm sure Amadis will ring a few bells with someone, plus the Skribbane selling is basically monopolized by the Thieves' Guild.

ET: I agree. The pictures are brilliant. I'm tempted to incorporate something like that into my posts, but: That's plagairism, and I don't have enough skill. At least I have my footnotes*. My only critique is that the last picture had gray movement marks, which I originally misconstrued as a massive blade.

Avernum: I want to submit a few queries on geography:
1. A5's Northern Frontier, is it canon for this RP? If so, I doubt it's frontier anymore, and it'd be perfect for a faction.
2. The Unsettled Lands are extremely near the Great Cave, and have at various points been inhabited. Would they really still be unsettled? Same goes for the Northwestern Tunnels and the Honeycomb.
3. Would Upper Avernum have expanded throughout that whole mountain range, perhaps even taking the Unicorn Caves and the Cult Lands?
4. Would Vahnatai Lands have been settled as well? Like Avernites starting to settle the Black Waters, and other Vahntatai Lands, forcing the Vahnatai down lower.

*One of my posts took unneccesarily long due to a footnote on Hunter currency that took a lot of research.

--------------------
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #181
4. I doubt it, they're far too remote to be practical, especially when the Vahnatai would disapprove of humans encroaching upon their territory.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #182
Posted. Goldenking, I left it up to you just how much the interrogator got out of Ferrrald before having his head turned into a battering ram.

That said, I also express condolences for your loss, Nikki. *points at Goldenking* He did it, not me. :P (you're also getting Sarrin back for now)

That said, I did not intend for this IC to clock in at 5.75 pages. I apologize, and swear that it wasn't that long when I wrote it.

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #183
Nioca: No. Your Embassy was not held in a "hostage situation", it was merely seperated from the rest of Sharimik. It's on the outskirts, so you should be able to come and go as you please. As for Sister Beumont, why would I kill her? I let the Thieves Guild messenger go, and I'm trying to maintain a positive image with the Sister. More then likely I would have protected her on her journey. At least tell me you got Nikki's permission to take control of, and kill one of, the main characters. You know, the ones that are marked under "Main Characters".

Your post made me angry, and so I apologize in advance for any brashness.

EDIT: Now that I've cooled down, I suppose that your anger at the Sharimik walls is okay. I'm not sure how you would have found Sarrin, and I know you at least need Nikki's permission to kill of the Sister, and some good reason why she would die. Of course, don't blame me if I stop you from getting your messenger to the Empire.

[ Saturday, January 26, 2008 14:53: Message edited by: Goldenking ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #184
quote:

Nioca: No. Your Embassy was not held in a "hostage situation", it was merely seperated from the rest of Sharimik. It's on the outskirts, so you should be able to come and go as you please.
My mistake. I misinterpreted the following quote:
quote:
Walls. Barriers of wood or stone meant to keep someone or something in or out. This definition was fulfilled to the fullest in Sharimik.

First, the walls had been hastily, but expertly, built on the perimeter of the city. Conveniently boxing in the Sanctuary embassy, all though a gate was given to let them come and go. [...] Preventing the Hunters, or the Non-Humans from fleeing from Hunter territory to Sanctuary held territory.
I hope you can see where the confusion resulted, and I'll fix my post accordingly.

quote:
As for Sister Beumont, why would I kill her? I let the Thieves Guild messenger go, and I'm trying to maintain a positive image with the Sister. More then likely I would have protected her on her journey.
From your perspective or an semi-omniscient perspective like the one held by the players, that's entirely reasonable. But take a look at it from Iocabe's perspective. He sees a looming threat and an unannounced enemy. So, naturally, if something important about Sanctuary mysteriously goes wrong due to human intervention on Sanctuary's southwestern front, the first conclusion Sanctuary is going to jump to is going to be the Hunters. And unfortunately, that's fairly typical politics.

That said, no evidence or proof was brought forward that it was the Hunters, merely Iocabe's hasty (though understandable) assumption. So it could easily have been a brigand attack that the Hunters were completely oblivious to.

quote:
At least tell me you got Nikki's permission to take control of, and kill one of, the main characters. You know, the ones that are marked under "Main Characters".
...Nikki marked Clarice off as a main character?

*checks summary*

Crap. I need to check that more (though unless Nikki has a complaint about it, I'm not changing it)

quote:
If this is about the 'War with the Hunters isn't if but when' quote, you really need to look at past relations between the two. Conflicting ideals, territorial tension, simple disdain towards each other... The whole situation is a pile of tinder waiting for a match. That doesn't mean Sanctuary's going to start it right this second either, or even in the near forseeable future. But the two will have it out eventually, simply because they're a complete mis-match for each other.

AMMEND: First, fixed the wall thing.

Second:
quote:
I'm not sure how you would have found Sarrin
My previous IC addressed this. She was the imperial soldier that was attacked by brigands that Sanctuary rescued.

[ Saturday, January 26, 2008 15:30: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #185
Double post; hit quote instead of edit.

[ Saturday, January 26, 2008 15:29: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #186
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

I hope you can see where the confusion resulted, and I'll fix my post accordingly.
Yes, I can see where the confusion came from. Which is why the bit on the gateway was in their. Totally understandable.

quote:
From your perspective or an semi-omniscient perspective like the one held by the players, that's entirely reasonable. But take a look at it from Iocabe's perspective. He sees a looming threat and an unannounced enemy. So, naturally, if something important about Sanctuary mysteriously goes wrong due to human intervention on Sanctuary's southwestern front, the first conclusion Sanctuary is going to jump to is going to be the Hunters. And unfortunately, that's fairly typical politics.

That said, no evidence or proof was brought forward that it was the Hunters, merely Iocabe's hasty (though understandable) assumption. So it could easily have been a brigand attack that the Hunters were completely oblivious to.

Yes, I can understand that for all intents and purposes, the Hunters would be the most likely perpetrator. Right now, its more that she's dead. So yeah, Nikki needs to do some resolving.

quote:
quote:
If this is about the 'War with the Hunters isn't if but when' quote, you really need to look at past relations between the two. Conflicting ideals, territorial tension, simple disdain towards each other... The whole situation is a pile of tinder waiting for a match. That doesn't mean Sanctuary's going to start it right this second either, or even in the near forseeable future. But the two will have it out eventually, simply because they're a complete mis-match for each other.

Yes, I know we're at odds with each other, and I've been planning for the possibility of war. It just seems like you keep trying to push the war prematurely.

And if you think the Hunters will fall easily, you're sadly mistaken. Maybe I should start doing some espionage on you.

EDIT: Fixed quotes

[ Saturday, January 26, 2008 16:15: Message edited by: Goldenking ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #187
quote:

quote:
quote:

Yes, I know we're at odds with each other, and I've been planning for the possibility of war. It just seems like you keep trying to push the war prematurely.

I'm pushing the tension between the two.

quote:
And if you think the Hunters will fall easily, you're sadly mistaken. Maybe I should start doing some espionage on you.
I don't think the Hunters will fall easily. As for espionage, I'm actually a little surprised you didn't start earlier, really.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #188
Alright then, I believe I have a proper grasp of this conversation, but my IC is posted regardless.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #189
Heh. Clarice was only useful in that it'd have meant Nioca would know I'd be sending troops if he wanted them. She's only major in so much as she's been given a name. :P

Sarrin... Ummm. Yay? I did have a purpose for her later on (much later on), but whatever. It'll be nice to have a family get-together.

I will do my darndest to get an IC out today, too.

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - forget about your house of cards, and I'll deal mine.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #190
quote:
Originally written by Hey, Jude.:

Heh. Clarice was only useful in that it'd have meant Nioca would know I'd be sending troops if he wanted them. She's only major in so much as she's been given a name. :P

Sarrin... Ummm. Yay? I did have a purpose for her later on (much later on), but whatever. It'll be nice to have a family get-together.

I will do my darndest to get an IC out today, too.

Hey, what about New Sumar? I tried to get a cow to tip over a lamp there, remember? Just reread my last post and edit it in, if you'd be so kind.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #191
Bleh, you will be the death of me. Bye bye, New Sumar. :(

Edit: And just so you know, Barleycorn WILL NOT be returning to Hunter lands any time soon.

[ Monday, January 28, 2008 04:35: Message edited by: Hey, Jude. ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #192
Bump. IC in progress, by the way.

--------------------
Looked up the elevator shaft
To see
If the car was on the way down.
It was.
- Harry Edsel Smith's Grave
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #193
Yay. Good!

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #194
Sorry I've been neglecting this. I'll tell you what, since I've been procrastinating this, I promise to post after Dintiradan.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #195
Whew, I thought this was going to go down under.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #196
I'm not entirely convinced that it hasn't...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #197
We're certainly not going to let it die so soon. Someone, not to point fingers, just needs to post.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #198
Dintiradan and Goldenking, you both fail.

If people don't start posting, I will simply invade the surface and conquer the whole thing without you.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #199
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Dintiradan and Goldenking, you both fail.

If people don't start posting, I will simply invade the surface and conquer the whole thing without you.

I'm negotiating with Nikki over my next post now.

--------------------

Pages