The Mountain of Shadows RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Mountain of Shadows RP
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #50
OOC: Alright then, let's just say Andros was sure he saw one of the two running around, but he wasn't completely certain.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Warrior
Member # 5302
Profile #51
OOC: Erk, sorry I haven't been around. Major internet issues.

IC: Cyrus looked bemusedly at the suit of armor. "Hmm. Somehow familiar. I'm sure I've seen armor like that before." He muttered to himself, "Damn fleshies. Always trying to push us life-impaired around."

OOC AGAIN: More later. No time.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #52
OoC: While I wasn't aware that Davida could drag my character off or speak for him, I'm glad to be along for the ride. I'm actually pleasantly surprised... that was pretty much my what my character was going for.

Two posts a day sounds good... I may only be able to make one.

IC:

Brother Sequoia was very puzzled. Two assassins in one night... one wanting to travel with undead, one trying to kill them... it was all getting a little strange. In fact, he still wasn't sure why he had followed Lisha (who had given a rather unpleasantly curt introduction), but it was better than sitting in the tavern for yet another night.

Honestly, Brother Sequoia was just glad that nobody died... he had never had a taste for bloodshed, and needless killing simply wore on his nerves. Still, Lisha seemed a bit suspicious to him, and she looked as if she had seen a lot of killing in her time.

Neither of the undead (Brother Sequoia was sure the armor had to have something in it) had spoken in a while, and Lisha had stayed silent as well. Brother Sequoia could only guess Lisha's motives, but he had noticed that their path led towards the Mountain of Shadows. This was all that held Brother Sequoia's interest, as he had hoped to not make this trip alone.

"Where are you leading us, Lisha?" he asked, not really expecting an answer. She didn't answer, simply continuing to lead them deeper into the forest.

Annoyed, Brother Sequoia muttered a short few syllables, and his staff began giving off a dull red glow, just enough to light his path beneath the thickening treetops...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #53
Lisha walked on in silence, keeping up a fast pace so as to put as much distance between herself and the Aramite town as possible. The druid, she noted, had barely left her side. She had been midly surprised when her idle invitation was taken up, and became increasingly more so with every step he took on her path rather than that of the greedy adventurer she'd happily left behind. What reason he had to follow her into the dark wilderness in the company of two undead warriors she knew not, but it all but confirmed her suspicions that the man was not a permanent resident of that particular village. Would a simple gold-seeker or a man merely bored with life take such a risk, though? His confidence bespoke powers greater than those with which she had originally credited him. As a chill wind swept through the clearing, disturbing the leaves, she wrapped the cloak more tightly around herself. Perhaps he could be of assistance.

Turning without a pause, Lisha sought the attention of her semi-willing undead charges. The druid, she decided, was unlikely to use any discoveries she might make against her. Besides, there were ways of keeping a man silent, if need be.

"You, skeleton," she began. The host halted. "What was your name in life?"

"Cyrus; in death, too. And y-"

"Whence were you raised?"

"In childhood or in-"

"From your grave."

The skeleton thought, puzzled. "A few towns over... not far from here... I wasn't in a proper grave, mind you, and I've made-"

"Not far from here, you say. Hmm. Who is your master?"

"I have no master," replied the grinning skull with a touch of pride. "I returned from the ground with a mind of me own."

"Of course, of course," she replied, distracted. "No special runes or aught like our friend here?"

"What business is it of yours?" interjected the sullen spirit. "Who cares where he's from?"

"In all my years," Lisha replied, turning, "I've come across few truly conscious undead, and none without the telltale residue of necromancy. You've both been cursed, powerfully cursed, or my teachers of the arcane deserve death by fire. Why Cyrus here lacks the accompanying hostility, however, and why it is but pale in you, I can hardly fathom. That you were both risen in the area surrounding King Albert's mountain, however, leaves little doubt in my mind that Órloki had a hand in this."

"Órloki?"

"Sister," spoke the druid, ignoring the spirit, "what do you hope to accomplish by this course? These undead have harmed no one, and are thus unlikely to do so in the future. What can you possibly gain by bringing them to Órloki?"

"To the master of my swords? Then-"

"What makes you think that is my purpose?" asked Lisha with a smile. "I need their knowledge, not their aid - or presence. But it is safer for them here, away from both the villagers and the demon-"

"I will go to Órloki and have my runes removed," asserted the spirit, beginning to move in the direction of the mountain. "If it is he who engraved them, then I shall soon rest in peace!"

"And what makes you think he will remove his own curse from his own automaton?" The spirit stopped. "He brought you back for a reason, and is unlikely to relinquish his power willingly. No; I do not trust such powerful necromancy, but I have no reason to harm the sentient undead, and you would do well to stay by my side. I, too, must find the master of your swords; together, we have a greater chance of success.

"We mortals, however, have no chance of success at anything but carelessness and suicide if we are not well-rested. I have been awake for too long, and cannot go on without sleep. You undead have the advantage of eternal vigilance; if you wish to pool our efforts, then, first guard my rest. Our rest, if you wish it," she said to the druid as the undead moved off, speaking quietly among themselves, "though I hardly feel safe unprotected against such monsters of the demon's creation. If you wish to take turns sleeping, I beg for the first shift."

Brother Sequoia raised a bushy eyebrow. "I am always safe in a forest," he responded, indicating the surrounding flora. "We have adequate protection, whether we need it or not." And so, hands gently resting on dagger hilts within her cloak, Lisha lay her head on a pile of leaves and allowed her eyelids to slide together softly but firmly.

OOC: Technically it's a new day. :P Any fewer than two posts per day would be difficult and somewhat counterproductive.

Ephesos, one of the most important aspects of RPing is knowing what one can and cannot do with the characters of others. It's always risky to put words into the mouth of someone else's creation and to pull puppet strings other than your own, but the lack of such risks makes for a boring RP. I try to integrate other characters in my posts as much as possible without interfering with an RPer's idea for his or her character, and I always stay within limits. For instance, had you wanted to accompany Ironman instead, you could have easily had Brother Sequoia turn aside after walking through the hedge rather than following Lisha far into the forest. I always try to leave my posts open enough to accommodate the ideas of others. At this point, Sequoia, Cyrus, and Caecus could easily abandon Lisha and return to the village if they so desired. I specifically did not send the druid to sleep, nor did I state that the undead kept watch all night. The trick is finding the right balance between good RPing and exerting undue influence over the actions of other characters. I only hope I've got it right.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #54
OOC: FF, I was going to be Lord Karrases, but it seems that Brail would have more action.

IC: Brail, and his assistant Weech, walked around the perimeter of their part of the mountain for a couple of days, without any luck. A few messengers came past telling them about undead in nearby towns, but they did not investigate. They seen a lone man jourenying up the mountain one day. They stumbled onto his body the next.

Brail was getting restless. After many reports to Karrases about nothing, he was starting to get angry. Then one day, he decided to leave and go to a town for a drink and possibly some women. Weech protested, but Brail ignored him. He started off. After a while, he encountered a couple of wolves and slew them. Eventually, he noticed signs that there were people nearby: less trees, less animals, and after about five minutes he reached a town and saw that they were all gathered near a well for some reason. He walked over.

OOC: A lot of posts since my last one, I see. I might have another one in a couple of hours.

EDIT: Thanks, Aran.

[ Thursday, August 04, 2005 22:20: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #55
quote:
Originally written by Lady Davida:

"I will go to Órloki and have my runes removed," asserted the spirit, beginning to move in the direction of the mountain. "If it is he who engraved them, then I shall soon rest in peace!"
I had intended for Órloki to be the runes' master, but since he was trapped, I wanted one of Órloki's servants to be the one who engraved them.

And Caecus had a different name in life. I just thought you should know that.

--------------------
*Blue screen error*
NONEXISTANT WINDOWS ERROR
Windows detects no current errors, so Windows has decided
to screw around with the files until one occurs.

If you never rise against your oppressor, then you've already lost.
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #56
OOC:
One night of sleep and already I get confused here!

IC:
Bumberville seemed very quiet. this wasn't right. In this time of year, when many travelers went to the big city temple to pray, this city shouldn't be so quiet. he decided to go into the Blood and Vessel (He always found this a stupid name, but there you have it), the pub of the city, to inquire. When he came in, the already quiet people said nothing anymore. You could easily hear a needle drop. He walked on. Followed by 60 eyes. He sat at the bar. Slowly people continued there stories, while looking suspiciously from time to time at him. "What would ye' like to drink?" the owner asked him. "A glass of your hous wine please." "That will be a glass of Caberne Souvignon then sir?" "That's fine with me," Filbert answered. "What's going on here? Its so quiet for the time of year." "I know," the owner answered. "Strange magic, the undead walking around. In a city not far from here, an undead was spotted. We fear for more." Filbert and the owner looked around them. As soon as the people here heard "undead," they again started looking terrified at Filbert. One of them ran to the loo. He couldn't hold his breakfast in his belly anymore.

Filbert paid for the wine, drank it as soon as possible and went away. "I don't like it here," he said to himself upon leaving the pub. He'd better leave town and sleep in the fields, because sonner or later, he would be arrested in the place. He left the city. Followed by the eyes of three suspicious guards. he looked at them."BOE!" he said. The guards immediatly ran away, terrified by the thing Filbert just said. One last time he looked at the city. At the gate, and the long road in front of him. Only to see a big mountain, slowly getting bigger as he came closer. "I'll catch these undead. They will pay for what they did, although I don't know what that was." He began to walk. On to the big mountain in front of him.

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #57
As he walked on, he came to a tiny village. Many people were standing on the forum. A big man tried to calm them down. probably some sort of officer, Filbert thought. When he came closer, they noticed him and immediatly they became silent. Not again, Filbert thouhgt. When they saw he was human, however, they turned to the officer and started shouting again. Filbert came closer. he stood somewhere behind. he asked one of the elderly ladies what was going on here. "Undead, that's what they were! See the well there? That's were one of them sat. Some old stupid druid made a some oversized plant around it and tried to save it." Filbert looked at the well. Indeed, there still were some branches lying there. So this is where they were discovered.

He slowly wlaked to the well. inspecting everything. he looked into the well. A rope was hanging down the well. he decided to clime into it, and see if there were any traces left. A piece of armor and a piece of robe were lying there. he took them up and presented them to the officer. "See these pieces of robe and armor? The robe is from a druid. A druid, coming from Krell. The armor is from the undead. It was some sort of skeleton. More than that I can't tell you, yet." The people were silent. The officer looked at him. "Who are you?" I'm Filbert from the city of Morack. "Morack? The place were the school of Blades is?" "That's right" Filbert answered.

A man watched the crowd from behind. As soon as the crowd started to spread, he walked over to Filbert and grabbed him by his shirt. "You! go away, these undead are not what you think. they're special. One of them has a glowing sword, runed and with a wil of his own." "Let go of me! Who are you!?" Filbert said, starteled by the stranger. "I'm Cain, now leave this place." He answered. Filbert starteled by this man, slowly wandered of, into the woods. The woods were also a small group had dissappeared. A group containing two undead.

[ Tuesday, August 02, 2005 23:38: Message edited by: Marvin, the paranoid android ]

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #58
OOC: The past tense of "to see" is "saw", not "seen", Spring. Unless it's an Australian dialect, but I've never seen anyone else here use it.

Also, it's time to bring Melóra into the party; or I'll be sneaking after you the whole time. :rolleyes:

IC: It was said that the Shadow elves worshipped Silence as a goddess. That was untrue, but it was plausible - Melóra's approach had been marked by less than a whisper in the cold air.

Still, her presence did not go unnoticed - not when one of the guardians of the camp possessed the Sight. As she drew near, Caecus seemed to sense her presence and reacted immediately.

With a hissing curse and the hollow clanking of iron, the spirit rose up, his twin blades drawn. They gleamed with an unearthly light under the crescent moon, and it seemed as if they moved the armored harms that held them, rather than the other way around.

Fortunately for her, Caecus made a mistake. Perhaps due to his long solitude his state had imposed upon him, he did not think of rousing the sleeping party members, but rather moved quickly toward the place he had felt her presence, his swift stride belying the hulk of his armor.

Melóra, too was swift to react. Even as Caecus approached her, she stepped to the side and raised her hands. Órin'fíer gurán!
The low-level confusion spell had the desired effect: While Caecus' mind was too subtle to be thoroughly addled, his powers were numbed. Temporarily blinded, Caecus was disoriented for a moment, and Melóra rushed past him toward the other Undead, who was fast approaching.

Encumbered by a physical body, Cyrus was not as quick as Caecus, and Melora was able to disarm him. Putting a stranglehold on his iron neck, she raised a dagger to his visor.

"Fool," she whispered. "I mean you no harm. But make a wrong move and you are dead." Should have put that more tactfully, she reflected. Cyrus, unfazed by this rather hollow threat, wrenched free. Melora attempted to use another spell to incapacitate him, but before she could succeed, the other one had caught up with them, his sight restored. Seizing her roughly from behind, the iron strength of the armored ghost immobilized her. Cyrus aiding his companion, the two Undead bundled the nightly intruder together and dragged her off to the camp.

OOC: Seemed the most realistic. Melora might be powerful, but she can't take someone on in melee.

[ Wednesday, August 03, 2005 03:26: Message edited by: Aranfoolcaytar ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #59
OOC: Ok, it’s update time:

Somewhere In the Mountain of Shadows:
- (Fz) Guy. Mysterious dweller of the Mountains.
- (Sullust) Sullust. Mysterious warrior searching for Órloki
Both are moving to somewhere else.

In the forest towards the Mountain:
- (Zephyr) Caecus. Undead Spirit, held by twin swords. (Might be linked to Orloki.)
- (Arachnid) Cyrus. Undead Skeleton heavily armored. (Might be linked to Orloki.)
- (Ephesos) Brother Sequoia, Druid of Krell.
- (Lady Davida) Lisha, Assassin from the "eastern lands".
- (Aran) Melora, Shadow Elf. While resting in the woods, both undead capture Melora sneaking in and take her to Brother Sequoia and Lisha.
- (Wise Man) Andros, mutant fleeing from Guild of Blademasters. Peeking on the others above.

In Village:
- (Nazgul) Cain, assassin. Near well, reclaiming reward for "getting rid" of undead.
- (Marvin) Filbert. Leaving village, walking into forest.
- (Spring) Brail, and his assistant Weech, Aramian spy, servants of Karrases. Entering village, walking to well.
- (SirSherlock) Edith, noblewoman. Returned to Tavern?
- (Frozen Feet) Tuulentekija, mysterious foreigner. In Tavern.

Phew, there are a lot of players in this RP. You are all welcome btw. I suggest those of us in the village get together somehow and make a parallel journey with the group in the forest. Both groups could meet late in the RP, which could be interesting.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #60
OOC:
My character is just walking out of the village. is it alright if he keeps on walking, and then the others would catch up on him and capture him somehow? I'd still like to let him be alone a while.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #61
OOC: Start of the next day by those in the village. Marvin do whatever you want, you could join the group in the forest.

IC:

All in a days work, Cain thought as he woke up in his promised shelter. The house belonged to a local that had attempted to climb the mountain but never returned. Cain had spent most of the night reading through some of his notes hoping to find something of interests regarding the treasures of the Shadow Mountains, most of it was tedious legends and myths, the sort he already knew about. He did find something of interests, a story he had not heard about before, a treasure, no, a powerful artifact hidden somewhere in the mountain. Cain smiled and took that paper with him for later reading.

The day was relatively clear and welcoming; it would be a good day to start the climb. Cain walked to the tavern, he would need some assistants, a couple of foolish and expendable adventurers would do. He would need a couple of meet shields for his quest. He knew of the thing that guarded the mountain, he knew he could not take that thing alone. Hopefully, his new earned gold would serve as bait for young foolish adventurers.

Cain confidently stepped in the tavern, big pouch of gold in hand.

"Anyone interested in a little hike to the mountains?" He asked to those inside.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #62
OOC: Stil the same day here.

IC:Filbert set his first steps into the forest. suddenly he heard a scream! It was coming from the forest. he began to run, not knowing where too, he just ran.

He started walking again, tired of the running, on a path, when he saw a short of cloth on a bush. he picked it up. He started walking into the bushes. There were foot steps here. whatever has been here, it must have been large and rather clumsy, he thought. Many broken branches and footsteps marked some sort of a struggle. However, There was something missing here. In a struggle, people usually fight, but there wasn't any blood...

Filbert sat down to think. how couldn't there have been blood. That couldn't be, unless it was an undead. He started laughing about tthat thought, when he remebered it certainly good have been an undead! he immediatly shut up.

He heard voices somewhere behind him. Two raw voices, a women's voice and... Was it an old man? He didn't know, and he didn't dare to come closer. If there really were undead here... He thought of the village. He decided he'd better go to seek assitance.

He ran back to the village. In the mean time it started raining. When he came there it was already past midnight. He ran into the tavern and slamed the door open. All people looked at him with big startled eyes. "You... You must help me. the undead... I found them." some people stood up, others kep sitting, terrified. "Help me... Help me to find them..." Nobody dared to answer... A baby started crying.
He walked to the bar. he asked the man for a pint and a room and went to bed. It seemed who wouldn't get assitance here.

The next day was a beautifu day. He went down to have some breakfast. People looked at him as he sat down. At that moment the door went open...

There was that stranger. Cain... Filbert thought. Maybe he could help me...

[ Wednesday, August 03, 2005 06:37: Message edited by: Marvin, the paranoid android ]

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #63
quote:
Originally written by Marvin, the paranoid android:

Not if you see the signs of our struggle. That occurred in the middle of the night. If it is day, it must be the next day.

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #64
quote:
Originally written by Aranfoolcaytar:

quote:
Originally written by Marvin, the paranoid android:

Not if you see the signs of our struggle. That occurred in the middle of the night. If it is day, it must be the next day.

i know you're struggle is at night. That reminds me, Why did I make the sun set?

Anyway, I fixed it now.

--------------------

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #65
OOC: Time to join the party.

IC:

I knew there was a shadow elf running around, Andros said to himself. It's time to break up the fight. These people are better off fighting alongside each other, not getting at each other's throats. If they have throats.

After making sure his crossbow is loaded, Andros leapt from the tree he was hiding on, landing a few metres away from the elf and the two undead. "Hey, break it up, people. We're all abnormal people and we're all probably on the same boat. And if you wish to keep fighting, I can shoot y'all right now."

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #66
quote:
Originally written by Wise Man:

OOC: Time to join the party.

IC:

I knew there was a shadow elf running around, Andros said to himself. It's time to break up the fight. These people are better off fighting alongside each other, not getting at each other's throats. If they have throats.

After making sure his crossbow is loaded, Andros leapt from the tree he was hiding on, landing a few metres away from the elf and the two undead. "Hey, break it up, people. We're all abnormal people and we're all probably on the same boat. And if you wish to keep fighting, I can shoot y'all right now."

I suppose you missed a couple of posts, but actually, this can't be done anymore. In previous posts the struggle is already over.

[ Wednesday, August 03, 2005 06:34: Message edited by: Marvin, the paranoid android ]

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #67
"Sorry, madame. I'll gladly by you a new drink... madame?"

Tuulentekija stared at the woman. She had frozen from horror. The expression on her face brought up memories... terrible memories about...

Melody Tuulentekija gasped.

"Uh, I'll buy the drink later on, if that is alright with you..." he said. Edith remained silent. Tuulentekija walked past her, grabbed his backpack from the nearby chair, paid of a one night's sleep to the tavern keeper and hurried to his room.

-----

"Who are you?" shouted Tuulentekija to a gigantic figure infront of him. "I am the master of this mountain" answered the giant. "I'm glad that you have finally arrived, O' greatest of the warriors!"

"Enough of the sarcasm!" Tuulentekija cried while flying around the giants head. It reminded him of a wolf's head. "Tell where I am and how do I get out of here!"

"Oh, but you haven't even come to me yet" laughed the giant. "You are still sleeping in your own room, in the Winged Pig, completely unaware of your surroundings!" "I... I am?" asked Tuulentekija and then he woke up...

---

Now that was a weird dream pondered Tuulentekija while eating his breakfast in the shadiest corner of the tavern. Maybe I should go to the monastery after all. These kinds of things need quick answers. Just while these thoughts crossed his mind, the amateur he had seen yesterday stepped to the tavern.

"Anyone interested in a little hike to the mountains?" the amateur shouted. Tuulentekija knew that it'd propably be a mistake to join some random band of adventurers, but he also didn't want to climb the mountains alone.

"Sure" he shouted back. "Just as long as you have all the necessary things to climb the mountains. I already have bought all necessary equipment myself, but I don't feel like buying them for a beginner like you."

Tuulentekija chuckled when he saw the expression on the man's face. Now that hit a spot he thought. However, the man didn't do anything which Tuulentekija would have considered as 'stupid'. Instead the man simply said: "Fine then, I'll count you in. Any others who want to join us?"

Tuulentekija was very satisfied with the man's response. Now this one could have some potential in him he thought and a wide smile spread across his face under his mask. This trip could turn out intresting. Intresting indeed...

[ Wednesday, August 03, 2005 07:16: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #68
when Filbert saw somebody actually was going to join him, his courage grew. he went to Cain and the man who just joined and said: "You there. I you really need my help, count me in."

Cain answered:"You are that little idiot who wanted to kill the undead! This could be interesting! Fine. You shall join me. BUT! You pay for our drinks and buy your own supplies. GET IT!" "Yes, sure." So now he maybe had assistance...

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #69
OOC: Marvin can you please calm down a bit. I know you are enjoying this but you're just about every other post on this page. I hope fz posts here soon I don't want to drag his character around without him knowing...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #70
Marvin, I am sorry I seem to end up correcting you every time you post something, but you are so hasty in posting and drawing conclusions that that is inevitable.

When I said "it must be the next day", I was following this logic: The fight happened in the night - you come upon the scene after it and during day => It must be the next day.
When Wise Man decides to join the party at that moment - in night time - there is no problem with it.

I know this is beginning to sound like a list of "No, you can't do this, but everyone else can", but there's a reason in every of these points.

Imagine how much I felt like a fool when I tried to join my first RP around two years ago. :D

[ Wednesday, August 03, 2005 08:39: Message edited by: Aranfoolcaytar ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #71
There were several whispers coming from the nearby forest. Caecus percieved the scource. "Well, if you shoot me, how could I tell you the secret to defeating animated armor? It would be much easier if I just old you instead of you figuring it out yourself," Caecus said boldly. As if
by cue, several suits of armor jumped out of the forest, followed by one human. The armor had runes carved in them. Caecus let out a ghastly wail to wake the others. "Do not attack yet. I know this human," Caecus said.

Caecus walked up to the human. "It's good to see you again, Aerdiu," the human said.
"I had that name in life, but it is no longer mine. I am Caecus now. And you owe me a rune removal, Blackrune," Caecus responded.
"I can't remove them. You'll have to find Orloki for that. I was made to carve them, hence my name," said Blackrune.
"Then what use are you? I mean, besides for commanding metal husks," said Caecus sharply.
"You were the one meant to do that, Aerdiu," hissed Blackrune.
"Just kill him!" whispered the runes.
"For once, I will listen to them," said Caecus as he unsheathed his swords and beheaded Blackrune. Blackrune's spirit went back to the mountain.
"He was never a warrior. Break the helmets and the armor shall fall," Caecus said as the suits of armor approached. "And don't worry. Without spirits to control them, they're as dumb as posts," he added.

OOC: Now you know more about Caecus.

[ Wednesday, August 03, 2005 08:50: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
*Blue screen error*
NONEXISTANT WINDOWS ERROR
Windows detects no current errors, so Windows has decided
to screw around with the files until one occurs.

If you never rise against your oppressor, then you've already lost.
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #72
quote:
Originally written by Aranfoolcaytar:

When I said "it must be the next day", I was following this logic: The fight happened in the night - you come upon the scene after it and during day => It must be the next day.
When Wise Man decides to join the party at that moment - in night time - there is no problem with it.

Imagine how much I felt like a fool when I tried to join my first RP around two years ago. :D

OOC: I'm sorry for posting so much. And Arancaytar, I understand you felt like a fool. At the moment I feel i can eat my stupid hasty fingers for posting all the time. Sorry. (i'm trying not to be post to much, but it doesn't seem to work).

Now hang on a minute Arancaytar. what you say here in the quote, I thought it was this:
The struggle in the night => the two undead drag her with her into the woods (struggle over (?)) => My post: Filbert finds traces and finds undead camp => runs back for assitance => goes to sleep => next day.

I thought, by the time Wise man (maybe he is wiser than I am) posted, the struggle was already over and Melora was taken by the undead. this is right, isn't it? because otherwise, I didn't understand a thing of this part of the story.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #73
"Uh... Miss Edith?" After waving his hand in front of her face for a minute or two and shouting at her, he decides to try something else. He grabs her shoulders and shakes her a little. "Miss Edith, ma'am, are ya in there? Come back to us Miss Edith!"

She finally comes around after a more violent shaking.

"Oh! I, uh... yes. I-I'm alright." She looks around for a few seconds, but sees no sign of the man in the iron mask. "Amos, on second thought, I'm feeling a little faint. I think I'll take one of your rooms today instead of going back to my lodgings. The USUAL, if you please."

"Ah, right away, Miss Edith. Sally! Sally, me girl, lead Miss Edith to the cella' suite."

One of the barmaids takes Edith down the basement stairs and off to a secluded room, surprisingly clean in mild contrast to the rest of the filthy basement. As she gets herself settled in, the barmaid brings her a jug of water and a clean mug and then leaves her for the night. Edith sleeps rather well, yet at the same time, somewhat uneasily. Pictures of the man in the iron mask haunt her dreams and twice she wakes up in a cold sweat.

In the morning, a different barmaid comes and wakes her up.

"Miss Edith, time to wake up. It's morning. Would you like some breakfast?"

"(Yawn) Well, Ellie, tell you what. I'll come upstairs to the bar for once as a change. I get tired of eating breakfast down here alone every time I sleep here. I'll be up in a few minutes."

Ellie eagerly runs back upstairs to tell Amos while Edith freshens up. After about 15 minutes, she is at the bar ordering her breakfast. Just as it comes and she is about to take her first bite though, a man appears at the door to the bar and shouts.

"Anyone interested in a little hike to the mountains?"

She takes a bite of her food and turns her head to inspect him. He has the air and authority of an assassin, and yet his overall appearance is that of a thief or of a rather cunning man with a bit less brains than his cranial development should have allowed for. Just when she has decided to ignore him, she hears someone else in the bar shout back.

"Sure."

Not particularly listening to his other words, she turns her head in the opposite direction after taking another bite of her food and ceases to chew when she sees that its the man in the iron mask.

For a minute, Edith sits stunned and stares blankly at the man. Eventually, however, she comes out of it, quits staring at the man, and starts thinking intently to herself. Lost in thought, she doesn't hear the rest of the conversation and turning back to her food, she starts chewing again. After a minute or two, she comes to a decision within herself. Between swallowing and taking another bite of food, she raises her hand and gives a single, loud response, all the while not once looking up from her plate.

"I'll join."

[ Wednesday, August 03, 2005 10:16: Message edited by: Sir Sherlock Holmes ]

--------------------
"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes

Gay Christian Network
The Polaris Board
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #74
OoC: Alright, I get it now. Good job on guessing my character, Davida. I hope I do everyone elses' justice here.

IC:

Brother Sequoia awoke to Caecus's wail, followed by a sharp scream and a sword's swish. Jumping up from behind a broad oak trunk, he quickly took in the scene. Hearing Caecus's warning, he picked up his staff and ran over to the suits of armor, who were rapidly advancing on the half-asleep Lisha.

"Can't get a decent night's rest out here, I see." he said to himself. Still, he was surprised by how stealthy the mobile armor was. He'd never had given the wail a second thought it weren't for the scream...

He shouted at Lisha as he ran past her tired form, and she was running with him in seconds.

"Why are they here, and how do we kill them?" Lisha said quickly. A 'good morning' would've been nice, but oh well... thought Brother Sequoia.

"Don't know, but Caecus said to break the helmets."

"Good." she said, drawing a silver dagger and chucking it at the nearest helmet. It shattered, and the armor below it fell to the ground lifeless.

When Brother Sequoia and Lisha reached the melee, they found that Caecus had already shattered two suits of armor. Brother Sequoia was surprised by his sudden agility, given how clumsy he had looked walking through the forest.

Cyrus was nowhere to be seen as Brother Sequoia began chanting a short spell. Once he finished, his staff glowed the color of rust, and the three suits of armor nearest him were quickly rusting away. Three quick blows from his staff shattered the helmets.

Lisha had retrieved her first dagger, and was now wielding two as she snuck up on some armor suits attacking Caecus. Two loud clanks signified the armor's death (if it could be called that).

Caecus had by now defeated five more armor suits, his two runed swords flashing brightly in the moonlight. Only three remained.

A rust spell, a dagger, and a runed sword quickly accounted for each remaining suit.

"This is just unnatural..." Brother Sequoia said with a hint of disgust in his voice. The three warriors stepped out of the field of unoccupied (and in some cases, terribly rusted) plate mail.

After Brother Sequoia reduced the remaining armor to piles of rust, Cyrus approached the three leading what looked like a shadow elf behind him. The elf looked female, though her cloak made it hard to tell in the dark. She looked as though she'd been dragged a short distance.

"Good, you're all awake." Cyrus said, not immediately noticing the piles of rust. "Now Caecus, why'd you run back here after I knocked her out... wait, what happened here?!"

"First explain the shadow elf." Lisha said abruptly. "Present problems before past."

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.

Pages