The Mountain of Shadows RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Mountain of Shadows RP
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #350
OoC:

One side note, Zephyr. If you do stay in, I personally hope that you deal with evil Caecus yourself. Clean up your own mess, as it were.

Looking forward to a reformed storytelling method...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #351
OOC: Step 1 after a natural desaster - look for other survivors and group up. We're running in all kinds of different directions right now, and unless we form a party, the roleplay has lost its purpose. We can't each tell our own story.

Btw, Melora is not actually possessed, at least not by Orloki.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #352
OoC: Yes, very true. But for the moment, we've got that set up in the last IC I posted, and I think it'd be best to wait for Sherlock and FF to post something.

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #353
I'm hoping FF and Sherlock would maybe try to post their opinions on this matter quite soon, becasue I'm really getting into the mood to fight the party with Filbert. Espacially to fight againt Caecus or Aerdiu. I love it when one of the party members turns evil! :D

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #354
Or, like, half of them.

Thralni, if you want to keep things moving, don't wait for them to post. I'll post as soon as I get a chance, regardless of who else has posted in the meantime.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #355
OOC: I'm sory guys, I just can't resist the urge to just post.

EDIT: This post has ben changed, in order to give the story more sense. I'll start with the moment woke up in that room. Its after he was moving by something he didn't see. He now wakes up.

IC:

His head was acking and all things looked blurry. His hearing was still good, though. Otherwise he wouldn't have heard the harsh, strange demonic voices, the hissing of lizards and the agonizing shouting of zombies, followed by the rather hi-pitched voices of spirits. It all sounded like there was a ceremony somewere in his near vicinity.

Slowly by slowly, he could see better. First he saw the door of his small room, it was black and looked quite thick. It would be impossible to bash it open. Then he saw a small bench, supported by chans hanging on the wall. A skeleton, half zombie, because the flesh wasn't quite eaten away by small strange insects of which I wouldn't say what they did. He was scared. It loked like he was captured by something. Then he slowly remembered what had just happened: an intense fury, and a voice saying in his mind "hate, Cain, hate, Cain..."

He heard a click and the door slowly opened. There they were. The spirits he heard. they took him out of his cell and brought him to a large room. It was ghastly. Big warped pillars, big black walls. On the walls were hanging torches, but a green light, a green fire burned in it. Strange. And there he was. At least, if he could understand what the undead were shouting, it was him. The demon. Orloki.

Filbert was brought to the big black marble altar, and layed down in front of it. Orloki slowly began to speak:

"Undead, my mighty army, this, is Filbert. He has a great strenght, but they didn't see it. The mortals. Yes! He was part of their team, until Cain and he invaded the temple, the place were you, part of my mighty undead army, were trying to break it open. My crystal prison. I possesed him, Filbert. I possesed him, and tried not to tet part of my essence go to Cain! But it happened. The hatred, against the party, Cain, is what fed me. And it will feed me again!" he took a small jewel from the altar. then he grabbed Filbert and held him in the air.

"What... What is...." Filbert uttered... And then an intense pain shooted troughout his body. from his head to his feet and back, an enormous pain spreeaded in his limbs, he shouted... he screamed, it was no use. The pain went on, and on, and on... it was like it would NEVER stop....

But it suddenly stopped. Everybody was quiet. Orloki syill held Filbert, and looked at him with his big red eyes. The undead army looked at him, the Uruk hai, four of them against each wall, were looking at him... And was just held there by Orloki. Orloki put him down. "AWAKE!" he screamed at Filbert. He stood there. His head bent down, but his eyes glowed with an intense red light... Hate, CAIN, hate THEM all, YeS, HatE them ALL!!! . The voice kept repeating itself in Filberts mind. he slowly straightened his head, and looked at Orloki. he walked to the altar, and took the sword that was lying there. Then he kneeled in front of Orloki: "My lord... What is your first task for me?"

Orloki looked at him, and a grin found its way to his face. "Yes. I AM your mighty lord. Kill the mortals. Kill Caecus. Kill Cain. Kill them all."

The ceremony was interrupted whne loud bangs echod through the caves... "What was that!?" orloki shouted. "The mortals! They are ruining the caves! Quick! Filbert, you, and you (he pointed at Filbert and two Uruk hai's) Go to the mortals and CRUSH them!!

OOC: I hope this is better then the previous thing I wrote.

[ Saturday, October 15, 2005 23:13: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #356
OoC:

Uh... Thralni, I've been meaning to ask this, but what soldiers? We had decided that the huge marching army of them was another illusion (or at least invisible). Look back at Aran's post regarding them.

So are these soldiers undead? I'd like to know before I post... there are too many soldiers floating around this mountain.

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #357
No no no! These are other soldiers! soldiers of Filbert's homeland. That illusion has nothing to do with Filbert and these soldiers. Were Filbert was dragged too, that room, its a smaller cave with a small room they found. These soldiers are a small army. Filbert is now their leader. I'll change that in the post were I mentioned them regarding Filbert's awakeing after he got possesed.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #358
OoC:

Uh.... :confused:

Can't wait to read the explanation of this... just make sure you explain how they got there, Thralni.

(Aside: that's the first time here that I've been at such a loss for words that I've had to use a graemlin of any sort)

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #359
What an atrocity against humanity this RP has become. Thralni, even Zephyr two years ago had better explanations for his deus ex machina armies than you just posted. There are times in an RP when you fix a contradiction by coming up with an explanation - there are other times when it is better to go back and edit.

Sorry, I'll be gone for another week or so for a "hostage extraction" - trying to rescue 30k something posts from one of those nasty ezboard thingies. :rolleyes:

After that, I hope to come back here. No promises; though.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #360
OOC: I am SOOOOO sorry that I have been too busy to get to the site and read the RP. In a way, I am glad that I didn't post anything new because now I can decide on my own course of action from the recent happenings of the RP. And it’s also a good thing that no one posted as to the whereabouts of my character, because I had my own plans for my character from the cave-in point of the story.

As for my opinions, on some things I shall remain silent or lenient. I have changed my ways on this site and would prefer to NOT cause an argument. So, for the sake of remaining neutral, I will say the following.

Zephyr should STAY, only as long as he is more careful in his writing, cleans up his own tangles, and tries to keep things quieter and simpler.

Cain SHOULD RETURN to the RP ASAP. I know he wanted to drop out, but there is A LOT of potential behind his character and without it, I don't feel the RP is destined to finish. I had ideas for my character interacting with his that have been ruined because of him dying off.

Wise Man and the others left back at Verwey should also get back into the story as well. Their loss is going to contribute to the death of the RP as well. I don't care if they come up the ramp tunnel or pop out of a secret door somewhere as long as they RETURN.

As for me, I refuse to see such an interesting RP degrade into everyone leaving one by one just because they are too weak to tough it out through thick and thin. If anyone here is a REAL RPer, you will grit your teeth and bare it through the low points of this RP in order to see it come to a proper and successful conclusion.

I REFUSE to leave this RP until I either see it expire completely or see it reach its desired conclusion.

My IC will follow this post.

--------------------
"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes

Gay Christian Network
The Polaris Board
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #361
IC Tomorrow

--------------------
"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes

Gay Christian Network
The Polaris Board
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #362
So glad you're here, Sherlock. Seriously.

I'll try to post Sunday... probably won't have time before then.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #363
I got home from work about half an hour ago, which would be 1AM EST. I'll think of something during the weekend.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #364
OoC:

So glad to hear that most of us are still in... let's get this rolling again!

I'm ready to post IC whenever, though I'll at least wait for Sherlock.

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #365
I'm really sorry. I'm so extremely sorry. I guess I got carried away by the idea of fighting the party, and that just gave such a thrill, that I losst it and wanted to rush to get to them. I shall rewrite that post almost immediatly. I don't want this RP to die out, and already enough bad has happened Cain leaving. Sherlock! i'm so glad to see you. Sorry for the confusion. yes it was, stupid. I'll rewrite it. Okay?

EDIT: I just rewrote it. I hope this is better. At least it makes more sense to at least myself now.

[ Saturday, October 15, 2005 00:37: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #366
OoC:

Slight point of contention: Orloki was the one who caused the ceiling to collapse (intentionally), so "the mortals" weren't ruining the caves.

Thought I should let you know.

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #367
Yes that's true, but with the fighting and throwing of rocks...

--------------------

Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #368
Wow, this is a bit of a train wreck. Um, since the RP craze has died down a bit since when I originally called for the rules on it, maybe in future you guys should have separate IC and OOC threads? It'll reduce the confusion by a lot.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #369
That might be a good idea, honestly...

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #370
This still alive? Just wondering:D *welcome back me*

--------------------
...well I thought it was funney...? didn't you?
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #371
I see you have returned... :P

And yes, I'm suppose to be posting an IC, but I'm just too lazy at the moment.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #372
(ooc... :) Glad to be back as well:D and more then willing to start sparking some conversations:D So's if anyone'd like to fill me in on anythign that's happening I'd love to jump right in if I can get a quick preview rather then haveing to go back and read everything...limited schedual ya know:D

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #373
OoC:

Hold up a second, Mung... who were you in this?

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #374
Who was I? Heh. As of yet I haven't benn anyone in this current little rpg. But I think that I might just be able to pull something like this off. I've been a member of a couple of the boards rpgs if anyone remembers. Heh. So yeah, more then willing to jump in. If no one minds that is...

--------------------

Pages