What do YOU want to see in G4?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What do YOU want to see in G4?
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #175
New weapons will be needed, of course. New spells, new creations.
All and all, this game needs a whole new set of things to combine and work with the old, not just a few tweaks to the allready existing objects.

If we recieved like three new weapon types I would be delighted.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
BANNED
Member # 5941
Profile Homepage #176
What do YOU want to see in G4?

I want see ocean around Terrestia full of Shapers enemies blood.
I want see how shapres will slowly tear to small pieces stupid Ghaldrig.
I want see that Council reveal Shaper's ancestors abaility to shape any living thing from distant(as they do in GF1)
I want see more big and ugly battles.
Summary:
I want see total eradication of every non-loyal being, everyone who dared to go aginst Shapers or even think about it

[ Wednesday, June 22, 2005 22:55: Message edited by: Itsuart, the altered ]
Apprentice
Member # 3681
Profile #177
More extensive characterization from important NPCs (merchants, captains, trainers, etc).

More factions/guilds, and the ability to choose only one or two out of group, with no ability to change later.

Important NPCs should change their responses to reflect changing conditions, particularly as your fame grows and events take place.
Apprentice
Member # 6007
Profile #178
I'd Like to have more options in choosing my characters apperance other than the color of their clothing. Then again- it would be confusing if you could make shapers look like anything. Then you wouldn't be able to tell who was a shaper and who wasn't by their apperance.
Apprentice
Member # 6017
Profile #179
How about class-specific creations?

For example,

shaper: shaping skills that alters / modifies existing, natural creatures(provided there are a lot of natural creatures in G4), making them vicious killing machines. / or the power to combine existing creatures to make something more powerful (a la impossible creatures)

guardian: creations that can be combined with armor, sword, helmet... , making the weapon/armor better, grants special abilities, but which slowly drains your essence or health. also, as someone said earlier in this pole, something that can be ridden.

scout(...or whatever the last class is called): small, incredibly fast and mindless creations that follows you everywhere and make you invisible / faster / venomous / submersible / gives special attack option.

Also, what if creations can be upgraded as they level up? If fyora's level goes over 10, then it becomes flamora(I know the name sounds stupid...) which is much bigger than fyora, can fly, can't be attacked by melee creations, can cast area-effect fire magic spells, etc.

[ Saturday, June 25, 2005 01:32: Message edited by: Inebrianus ]
Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #180
I want sub-factions. On the shaper side, you could have the agents guild, the item crafters guild ect. On the rebal side there could be the cultests, the army of free serviles, the shaping sub faction ect. This would keep with the nice simplicity of the 2 sides battleing it out, but with more depth.

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”
Apprentice
Member # 6018
Profile #181
Sub-factions would be cool, so if you join the rebels, for example, you dont have to be a power hungry guy who wants to destroy the world, perhaps there could be characters within each faction you could allign with and to their ideologies.

Sometimes in G3 it is annoying having to be either authoritarian oppressive loyalist or authoritarian oppressive freedom fighters, it's like the choice between facists and communists. Would be nice to have a more moderate option in the form of sub factions.
Apprentice
Member # 6019
Profile #182
quote:
Originally written by Le Martyre de la Terreur:

Finally! Then we won't have dialogue that consists of "press 1 for Shapers, 2 for Rogues, 3 for Medium"?
That's what started to bother me the most...

All the dialogs had the 'i like shapers' or the 'i like rebels'.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #183
It would be good to have more than two factions. Shapers, Serviles, and Sholai. Adding in subfactions would be cool as well. I think the Sholai are in this game. I think the Sholai are the mages who are trying to gain shaper knowledge in code. I also think there is a Sholai Lord Rahul's keep. In addition, I have a feeling that some of the tradespeople may be functioning as sholai infiltrators. It would be cool to see some of the mages and tradespeople turn out to be Sholai infiltrators in Geneforge 4.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #184
The ability to forge swords.
Warrior
Member # 1040
Profile #185
I have a bevy of ideas. Probably none of them will see the light of day, but it's worth a shot. :)

A new branch of magic skills: Dark Magic

- Curse your target.
- Drain Life from your target and use it to heal yourself. I see it as a direct-damage spell, but it could become a vampiric enchantment of some sort instead.
- Slow your target down. Useful against those speedy clawbugs.
- Mass Curse.
- Mass Drain -- not only does it heal you, it heals your allies, too! And it drains from all enemies in sight. Very essence-intensive, though.
- You can be Clad in Shadows, making you harder for enemies to see and allowing you to be stealthy. Also makes it harder for enemies to hit you. And it even has its own (death metal) theme song! :D
- Kill is moved here from Battle Magic, being a death spell after all.
- Mass Slow. A powerful spell with many tactical uses. But very expensive.

To replace Kill on the Battle Magic roster, perhaps something like Blizzard or Lightning.

The ability to light enemies on fire (with the Flaming Sword, Aura of Flame, or some other such thing) and have them take fire damage periodically. But remember, you can be on fire, too. Basically, poison with a different name.

Expanded Item Forging. I loved this idea and thought it was a very nice addition to the game. Perhaps, though, some items could be blessable more than once, through the use of a rare and special tincture. Only really for items the player is pretty sure he's going to be keeping.

Having certain (N)PCs in the party could affect things outside of combat -- e.g. a loyalist NPC in a rebel camp starts making people very unfriendly towards you. Or taking a rebel character to that same camp gets him recognized by (and talked to by) someone in the camp that normally wouldn't give you the time of day, thus conferring bonuses of some sort (cheaper services perhaps, or insider info).

Inventories (or at least equipment sheets) for humanoid party members (humans and serviles).

A Crafting skill tucked under Leadership and Mechanics.

With metal bars, the player could be able to make non-magical items of their choice (increasing in quality proportional to the Crafting skill). "I'm not the most powerful person, but I can make damn good armor and weapons for myself! So there!"

If your skills in various fields are high enough, some NPCs might want to learn from you. Of course, you'll get cash or something in return, but you'll also draw the ire of the Shapers for selling restricted knowledge to outsiders...

[ Tuesday, June 28, 2005 15:24: Message edited by: Kalnnas ]
Warrior
Member # 3629
Profile #186
I liked that GF3 brought down the number of factions to two: I like to get the majority of a game in one play through - as I'm sure most casual gamers do too. Also, I think Jeff created GF3 this way because it is simply too much more work. By adding factions linearly, you would have to add dialogue options exponentially: probably okay for two or three though. But GF2 was a mess, IMO. Also, curse magic I agree would be interesting. Although it might seem too much like necromancy, which we learn is uber-forbidden ;)
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #187
That is why having the option to learn Necromancy would be intresting.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #188
It would be cool if there was instead of a third or fourth faction-- the option of being insanely power mad and blood thirsty, basically self centeredly evil and doing what you think is in your best interest and not the factions. The idea would be to make moves which would ultimately put your character in control by building alliances. You would end up with your own loyal base of shapers and creations and kill everyone else.

--------------------

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #189
I've always been a bit disappointed with the GF games in that the creations are set in stone. I'd like to have the opportunity to make an Ur-Drakon with Eyebeast eye-stalks for eyes, personally. I know of a game called Impossible Creatures that lets you mess with creatures in that kind of fashion, so it's been done before.

--------------------
Wu wei... it's the only way
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #190
I have to repeat myself: Since noone that produces this game even reads what we have to say, what does it matter? Someone mentioned that the post is here to "root out" the bad suggestions from being emailed to Jeff, but Jeff most likely won't read any mal coming from us anyway.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #191
Jeff has to read email -- he gets quite a few registrations that way, for one thing. Whether or not he takes suggestions into account, of course, is another matter entirely.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 3629
Profile #192
quote:
Originally written by Contra:

That is why having the option to learn Necromancy would be intresting.
I agree that it would be interesting, but I think that it might take away from the whole story arch too much. I mean, there's no logical reason why either the shapers or the rebels would dabble in it: they both see strength in shaping, which is kinda like the opposite of necromancy. Unless Jeff considered making undead drakon lords or something (which is probably a bad idea ;) ).

So that's why I think curse magic is good, but NOT necromancy. I.e., if curse magic was actually already a part of the entire shaper magic repetoire, but had just never been implemented in earlier games.

(Bah, thats some confusing verb tenses :confused: )
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #193
quote:
Originally written by Travers:

I agree that it would be interesting, but I think that it might take away from the whole story arch too much. I mean, there's no logical reason why either the shapers or the rebels would dabble in it: they both see strength in shaping, which is kinda like the opposite of necromancy.
Well, in Geneforge 1 we learn that the Shapers' ancestors turned themselves into shades to gain power and extend their lives. It didn't work so well for them, though.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #194
Suddenly I realize that the eventual Geneforge editor must be called "Shades of Geneforge".

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #195
Why not "Scales of Gray"?

[ Saturday, July 02, 2005 13:20: Message edited by: Contra ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #196
Something which could be an interesting way to modify creations would be to put runes on them. We have runed serviles and runed thads. It would be interesting if you could spend essence to put various runes on the serviles, items, or yourself to give them special effects-- hasted, blessed, healing, etc. Or even your own character. Runes would correspond with the fields of magic and would be a special kind of Sholai magic.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #197
Sounds funky enough. Kinda like a new special abillity called "Runecraft" which allows you to do diffrent kind of runes on creations, or weapons, or even the ground.

You have to admitt that it is a good idea. Shapers are in no way unfamiliar with magic runes, so why not allow the character to learn how to use them?

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6065
Profile #198
I would like there to be a spell like essence orbs, but instead shooting the spell searer several times, thats a kind of spell that I'd like to have, I wouldn't mind playing as a character other than shapers but that seems complicated, I wouldn't mind being able to allow creations carry inventory, cause it seems wierd that the creator is the pack mule, why can't some thad be the pack mule, and if he dies the inventory doesn't disappear, this'll also be good, because something you can't carry an item since you inventory is full.

--------------------
I like swords!
-Fighter
Apprentice
Member # 6069
Profile #199
Things I'd like in GF4:

1) Ability to carry more individual items.
2) Charms not be counted individually in pack - they could be added to a special necklace or bracelet.
3) Ability to minimize screen.
4) Completed quests left on list but checked off, so you know what you've done as well as what still remains.
5) When saving the game, ability to edit individual letters in the name or select the whole name and replace it instead of having to backspace/delete each letter.
6) Acquisition of (or ability to make) really heavy duty equipment BEFORE final encounters (getting something great off the last guy you kill, so to speak, isn't much use).
7) Easily accessible "storage locker" to keep items in that you don't want to carry but might need to use without travellling a far distance to get them.
8) Differentiation in cannisters, i.e. labelled with contents or colour coded to show improved spell stats, improved fighting stats, or improved shaping so you can tell at a glance whether you want to use it or not.
9) Ability to keep unlimited $$.

I thought that big improvements in GF3 were that stores had unlimited $$ when selling, and that entering friendly areas healed and rested.

Pages