What do YOU want to see in G4?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What do YOU want to see in G4?
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #275
Why not add this new rogue creation called the (havn't thought of name). it will be an upright standing giant humanoid wolf with wings.
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #276
a flying werewolf you mean?

it'd be really nice if you could switch between turn-based and real time in combat like in "baldurs gate 2" giving you some time to think about your strategy

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #277
Basicaly.

People won't be happy about my return.
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
Warrior
Member # 6222
Profile #278
frankly, i'm surprised no one's complained about your thread necromancy yet.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #279
Thread necromancy is acceptable when the topic isn't that old or the necromancer has something interesting to say or ask.

Unfortunately, neither of those appear to be the case.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #280
Oh.
Apprentice
Member # 6506
Profile #281
Lots of good ideas and lots of.. umm.. "not good ideas". Hope none of them gets implemented though, 'cause then it wouldn't be one man's brainchild, the Geneforge, anymore. I pretty much think most of the creating happened in GF1 and 2 and 3 has been just what inevitably followed 1 and 2, and 4 will be obviously what inevitably follows 1, 2 and 3. The world created is living a life of it's own - is basically what I'm trying to say.

A few things I have to note on. Shapers? Everyone on this topic acts like they were some kind of weird race, but aren't they just humans who have been strictly closed to some facility from early childhood to learn The Art of Shaping? I mean, sure they call others humans like they were something else, but to me it seems more like it's an attitude and not some genetical difference. They are Shapers because they became Shapers by years of harsh training that most couldn't do, so they're just the elites of humanity. Eh?

Other than that? I don't see why there couldn't technically be a servile PC. In GF2 I think I remember the Awakened ones using specifically made canisters to shape themselves so they'd become more powerful. Correct me if I remember it wrong. Also (and this I'm sure about), in GF3 there were some servile cultists who summoned creations with weird chants. So I see two ways to allow a servile PC with magic and shaping if the need arises. Though the ideological background proves more challenge in this case.

Also, aren't Sholai just humans who are called Sholai because they are from other continent? Like Europeans are called Europeans because they are from Europe.

I've wanted to see Geneforge so that pretty much all weird creatures are created by Shapers. It makes the game much more exciting when you can think it could, with a little good will, be applied to our own history. Plus that's a more scientifical and logical reason for things like drakons (could call them dragons as well) existing (and for the dragon myths in real history, of course ;D). (Haven't yet delved deep into GF1 so don't know about the history of serviles and fyoras, but if they were beings not originally created by shapers, it would eat some of the foundation from my theory). Anyways, Shapers could be seen as gods, but also just as mere humans. It's an interesting allegory to our present time. Also, it gives a view to the god->creation -relationship. How would you be if you were a god and created something? The question has been asked three times already, and different options to answer it have been given.

Also, I think the paradox of power is interesting. First one needs power to fulfill ideals, but when one has enough power, ideals don't matter. Just the plain power in itself matters. And it calls for more power. It's even scary how the feeling of the game infects the player. Some little villages fighting each other matter not. Some petty "fetch me a few items" -quests matter no more, because there's no gain. Only getting to bigger and better equipped research laboratories and killing more powerful creatures matters, 'cause gain comes from there.
Hope I'm not the only one who actually puts his soul into the game like this. I could be a bit mad.

Oh, and may I point: ornkotaurs? I mean aren't ornks cowlike creatures? The suffix 'taur' means a bull already, so ornkotaurs would be cowlike.. cows. Eh? And the word 'mino' in minotaur comes from the mythical King Minos, so minotaur would basically mean something like "Minos' bull". If you'd like to see powerful, axe-wielding, two legged and intelligent ornks roam the world of GF4, you would have to be more original when thinking of a name. Oh, ignore this last part of my post.

--------------------
Happiness is a bunch of smoking human steaks.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #282
Minornktaurs? ;)

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6703
Profile #283
More new monsters to summon with greater variety.

I was hoping in GF3 if I saved the records about how they were making Golems, that I would later be able to make one of my own.

Also I'd like to be able to use others instructions about how to summon and bind Demons, and force control over a Demon to fight for me.

In GF4 I want to see the whole Shaper society wiped out. In the other games you can fight against them and depending on your ending it seems as if you mostly do wipe them out (In GF2 I was a God of a God of a God and could wipe out whole cities with a blink of my eye and had plans to totally remove the Shaper council, but the next game follows along the lines of a different ending than the way I play the game). In GF4, the Shaper council and society and all Shapers should be totally wiped out from the planet.

The reason for this is to pave the way for GF5. I want GF5 to be us reforming the world in our own image. I want GF5 to be where we remake the Shaper council and society ourselves. We go around to other towns, recruiting them and turning the towns to our side, teaching others and gaining apprentices. We find all the lost Shaper powers for ourself and we become the new top dog/leader of the Council. We gain super power and respect and are at the very top of the totem pole instead of being an Apprentice at the very bottom. We can choose how to rebuild the Shapers, we can be a cruel dictator or work for a fair democracy or various other things. But we turn towns to our side and gain pupils and followers, we are the top person instead of the bottom and we totally rebuild the shattered society in the way we see fit.

Since I want to see that in GF5, I need the whole Shaper council and people to be destroyed in GF4.
Warrior
Member # 6222
Profile #284
really, you could start GF 5 by crushing the shapers, and then finish it by rebuilding however you want, you know :P
Apprentice
Member # 6703
Profile #285
You'd be the one crushing them though, that's not what you'd want to do for a society you wanted to rebuild because of your admiration for it.

4 would need to be the one where they got crushed. Especially since they say you won't be playing a Shaper, it would be easy to have us be something that was going to destroy the Shaper society. 4 would be based on Crushing, 5 would be based on Rebuilding.

These are just hopes and things as usual though, I don't actually expect things like that to happen just it would be really cool for it to.

It would be even more cool if we had like at least one city where we could customize it ourselves as we built it up. Choose if it's built with stone or wood, shapes and types of buildings, traps that are set up there (even have us get assaulted and have to to a major defence of it sometime with our own set up turrets and stuff). We'd have this one home base city that we could totally customize what happens, or even one that automatically changes based on our actions. If you're more evil the town reflects this somehow, etc.

Now that last part I'm just living in a dream world and going all off imagining stuff, but the earlier stuff about destroying and rebuilding I think could be possible for their storyline that's happening.
Apprentice
Member # 6720
Profile #286
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Jeff has to read email -- he gets quite a few registrations that way, for one thing. Whether or not he takes suggestions into account, of course, is another matter entirely.
Many a good sequel has been made from the developers listening to what the fans want and using the best of the feasible ideas.

quote:
Originally written by CFG:

3) Ability to minimize screen.
I seem to be able to minimise the game OK.

But that could be 'cause I play the Windows version and alt+tab minimises practically everything...

As for ideas for the next GF game: -

Keyboard Shortcuts:
- An "Attack Nearest" key. So many times have I quickly moved my mouse to click on an enemy with one of my ranged attackers and accidently clicked the ground near them instead, so they waste the turn moving instead of attacking.
- A "Pick Up All <Item type>" key. One key to pick up all nearby potions/spores, and another to pick up all nearby crystals, and another to pick up all nearby Living Tools, etc.

Creations:
- Third Tier Creations. I don't appear to be alone in this either, since everyone seems to want their Battle Gamma :D
- New Creation Types. Just one for each category would still be good, and it was done from GF1 to GF2, so we know it's a possibility.
- Creation Abilities. Make them able to cast bless, heal, cure, curse, haste, etc on other creations/allies/enemies. And limit it in some way, like using up 75% of their energy so they cast it once or twice per battle only.
- Packmule Type Creations. Popular idea it seems, and it's been done in other games (Dungeon Siege anyone?), so it could be possible.

Equipment:
- Weapon/Armour/Jewelry Sets. We've already had a "Horadric Cube" type idea in the form of the Magic Anvil, so why not port another Diablo II type idea into the game? It won't be the first game that's done so.
- Shaped Equipment. Things like tools and batons would be good, but put a limit on how many shaped items you can have at any one time, and a large essence cost. Plus put the ability to do this as a learnable skill at mid-game (a low level character wouldn't have anywhere near the essence required to shape even one of these things, so what's the point of having the skill so early?)

As for plots, I don't have any ideas nearly as imaginative as those that have been suggested already, so I'm not going to bother even trying to come up with something.

--------------------
"I told you, there isn't an 'any key' damn it!"
-----------
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."

Pages