What do YOU want to see in G4?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What do YOU want to see in G4?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #125
quote:
Originally written by Ald:

Tell me, does anyone that is responsible for development read the forum, or should I send them email with the ideas?
They don't. Send email if you want. Interface ideas have a better chance of being listened to than plot ideas, but in general Jeff Vogel does his own thing anyway.

quote:
Scroll the screen with right mouse button.
Probably not going to happen -- Jeff designs on a Mac, Mac users make up half his audience, and most Mac users are still using a one-button mouse.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #126
If noone reads and noone cares, why this topic?

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Apprentice
Member # 5880
Profile #127
The topic is probably to filter out the worst suggestions. No I won't send request to add second mouse button scroll option....

But how come Mac only supports only one mouse button? Isn't it a lot more convinient to have four mouse buttons plus a wheel?
Come to think of it, I would like to have two wheels and three buttons...
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #128
There IS a mac-mouse with several buttons, but it is old, clumsy and does not work with todays computers.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Warrior
Member # 3357
Profile Homepage #129
something like item enhancements but for creations would be good.
Warrior
Member # 3629
Profile #130
I want to see:

-Dialogue/banter interaction with companions, and possibly romance ;)

-Ability to set gender, and have people actually call you by name, instead of "Shaper"

-Support for higher resolutions

-More creations. Not necessarily more powerful, but more variety.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #131
quote:

But how come Mac only supports only one mouse button? Isn't it a lot more convinient to have four mouse buttons plus a wheel?
Nowadays you can usually plug any multi-button USB mouse into a Mac and have it more or less work. But since the Mac OS is designed around a single-button mouse, most people don't really have any reason to do so.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 5667
Profile #132
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:

Nowadays you can usually plug any multi-button USB mouse into a Mac and have it more or less work. But since the Mac OS is designed around a single-button mouse, most people don't really have any reason to do so.

ctrl + click acts as the more-or-less equivalent of right click, although I only use it once every 2-3 weeks, so it's not much of an issue. No Mac users wants Jeff to mess with right-clicking; it would be a pain. I might have to go out and buy a two-button mouse just to play a game.
:mad:

--------------------
Whatever happens, happens.
Apprentice
Member # 5925
Profile #133
I kinda like the idea of romance...hehehe....

Some new creations would be nice too. i'm getting kind of bored of the low number of creations you can make. We need something new people!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #134
Ah, romance in Geneforge IV. Two young creations meet in the steaming swamps and fall in love. The cruel Shapers who control them forbid their union, on the senseless grounds that a mating of Submission Vlish and Rabid Roamer could bring no good. Plot complications build, alarums and excursions, and in the fifth act everybody gets re-absorbed.

[ Wednesday, June 08, 2005 16:51: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5880
Profile #135
Bravo!

Cmon, we are deciding the direction the world will take in the near future in G2 and G3. Probably the same in G4. A Shaper (with capital letter), the Chosen One understands, controls and directs his feelings.
Apprentice
Member # 5929
Profile #136
1-No minotaurs, please {it's a sci-fi game; not mid-evil}

and no more plot ideas; jeff probably already has his mind made up for the next 2 already;

you remember in G2, if you play a shaper, shanti teaches you how to make an artila. there is actually hand gestures and movements to it. how about, if you have to do, like a keyboard combo start- 1 2gh yif -end; and if you do it wrong you have a retard on your hands

and make the sex for the classes interchangeable?

the only thing i hate is only making 4 different creations

and you can only wear one ring- i read many people complain about it, but the magic only works if you wear one, they'll cancel each other out.

and the graphics are fine, i can't have the graphics to great or the game will be all choppy.

even G3 is a little choppy.

maybe have the stuff you wear actually visible? i dont know.

and creating serviles would be cool :D

--------------------
Nothing beats Star Wars
Warrior
Member # 5731
Profile #137
quote:
Originally written by lowbaca:

the only thing i hate is only making 4 different creations
hmm... I've seen this sort of thing stated before (saw it as a 3 somewhere). I'm able to have 5 different creations with my shaper (or 4 + alwan). Does this have to do with intelligence of the character or the level, or are people just miscounting when they post?
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #138
You are allowed to have six different creatures in your group, including you and Greta/Alwan. You can either have four different creations and take Alwan or Greta, or you can have five different creations and not take Alwan or Greta.

[ Thursday, June 09, 2005 10:54: Message edited by: Azul ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5929
Profile #139
4 different typescreations

but can make 7 creation

alwan and greta count as 2 types of creations

ex; alwan and greta, fyora and artila. after that, can only create more fyoras and artilas.

--------------------
Nothing beats Star Wars
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #140
That's what I said. Dose what I say take too much processing or something?
Apprentice
Member # 5929
Profile #141
yeah :P

--------------------
Nothing beats Star Wars
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #142
Well the translation of what I wrote:

When you have made too many different types of creations the game says “You can only have at most six types of creations in your group.”

The game counts you as one of your creations.

Alwan and Greta are each a creation, and each will fill a slot.

So, if you do not have Alwan or Greta, you can make up too five different types (you can of course have multiples of the same)

If you have one of the two (Alwan or Greta) you can make five different types of creations.

If you have both Alwan and Greta you can make up to four different types of creations.

[ Friday, June 10, 2005 07:43: Message edited by: Azul ]
Apprentice
Member # 5938
Profile #143
I want the central question of the game to be something other than "How should Shapers treat their retarded midget servants?" Because I don't ****ing care.
Warrior
Member # 1016
Profile #144
Serviles with the ability to shape would be cool. I could imagine rebels using the geneforge to change serviles to give them that ability and the abilty to use canisters. The player could also possibly be a hybrid offspring of a servile/human/shaper (one pair of the 3) that fell in love and had a child. New creations once you get your skill in the creature up to 5 are a must. I want my battle gamma!

Instead of GIFTS there can be a hidden dungeon full of talking ornks! Or an insane servant mind that wishes to take over the world! or can at least leave its tray and walk around some, able to eat stuff other than the protien goop that they normaly eat.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #145
Perhaps less madness? Someone with the abillity to shape that actually realizes that if they continue to alter themsleves and the world then the **** will hit the fan, as it obviously allready has.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 549
Profile #146
-Dual wielding.
-Two handed weapons like halberds and maybe a thorn bazooka.
-A new magic craft skill, which lets you build different types of golems. A skill that should be availible to all three characters and easier to acquire than shaping but golems should be expensive to build, costing gold and resources, they would be unable to gain levels but you can upgrade them by investing more resources and they can't heal on their own unless they have been upgraded with that function but can be repaired with living tools.
-Shaper/guardian/agent only items.
-Pack mules.
-An apprentice of your own.
-New Agent graphics.
-Changes in your appearance based on your actions, for example you should get an insignia on your clothes based on the faction you join and you begin to glow if you use lots of canisters.

[ Saturday, June 11, 2005 12:47: Message edited by: vicheron ]
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #147
A thorn bazooka.
That's AWESOME. Heh.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #148
In G3 Akari said that ghaldring sent out more drakons than just himself to make geneforges. Couldn't another drakon get that close to making a GF.

[ Sunday, June 12, 2005 07:38: Message edited by: Ghaldrings_doom ]
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #149
In G1 a servile named heustess said that shapers attacked his kind. That means that Shapers didn't discover how to make serviles but enslaved them and studied them so they could make more.

Pages