What do YOU want to see in G4?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What do YOU want to see in G4?
Warrior
Member # 4345
Profile #225
The battle system's fine, lets not touch it.

--------------------
"Damn Scots. They ruined scotland!"-Groundskeeper Willy, the Simpsons
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #226
"The Shapers are the oldest, most respected, most secretive, and most powerful of the magical sects"

First one to figure out the obviouse and most logical/intresting plot advance from this sentence gets a cookie.

I am surprised that it has not been brought up on before. I was kinda expecting it in G2.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #227
I want to find a magical sect(like the minotaurs) that were there long before the shapers and are trying to conquer more land and crush all enemies who oppose them as the most powerful people in the world.

Now give me a cookie Contra!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #228
Ah yes - the other magical sects. We may see them in GF4.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #229
Can you tell us more or does your contraact thing not allow it.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #230
Well, for this I'm just speculating.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #231
Oh. :( :(
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #232
You do deserve your cookie, Ghaldring. But if you keep bringing up minotaurs I am going to ride you like an unsellable trowel.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #233
quote:
Originally written by Contra:

I am going to ride you like an unsellable trowel.
I keep re-reading this, thinking there's some sort of violation of the Code in here, but I simply cannot find a genuine one. Carry on. :P

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #234
Minotaurs should be in G4 it makes perfect sense. They are an old magical sect that is thousands of years older than the shapers. The shapers are saying that they are he oldest and strongest of the magical sects so the minotaurs get mad. They threaton to invade the shapers if they do not admit that they are not as strong and old as the minotaurs. The shaper refuse. The minotaurs invade.The reason behind the Sucia Island reasearch was to come up with a way to become stronger so that they could destroy the minotaurs.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #235
Spontaneously appearing Minotaurs are too out of place. Note that the Drakons came from Drayks, and Drayks came from Fyoras, so there is a pattern there. The occurrence of dominant creations is fallowing a lineage (but I hope the next will be something other than Ur-Drakons).

Unless Shapers created Minotaurs they don't really make sense.

[ Friday, July 15, 2005 07:37: Message edited by: Dolphin. ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #236
An even older sect who morphed creatures created minotaurs from bulls but made them to smart and they revolted. They were far more powerful than that sect and crushed them.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #237
Jeff generally prefers to create his own races and sects, though, which is why none of his games have elves, dwarfs, halflings, etc.

--------------------
====
====
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #238
Thinking about necromancy. A way to do this would have a set of necromantic shaping starting with shade, then ghost, warrior shade, then mage ghost-- a ghost that shoots essence orbs as the final stage. Also you could add a few forbidden spells-- life drain, aura of terror-- a mass terror spell, vampirism-- gives all your creations life draining attacks, bone wrack-- slow, stun, and damage, and a few others.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #239
There's putting your foot in your mouth, and there's being hoist by your own petard. Beyond either, any threat that implies habitual riding of trowels, however marketable, has already done more harm to the threatener than it threatens to the threatened.

Which being interpreted means, :eek:

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #240
Which was the point.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #241
Then change them from minotaurs to onrkotaurs. :D
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #242
quote:
Originally written by Contra:

Which was the point.
I should think the edges would be almost as bad.

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #243
Don't forget the handle! It can be the most painful of all.

--------------------
====
====
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #244
I was merely speculating, but you speak with dismaying authority.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #245
Now, who can really handle a handle?

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #246
I say, leave it to the ornkotaurs. Perhaps this explains their aggressive attitude. It would also explain why these trowels, which otherwise look so fine, are unsellable.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #247
By the way, if anyone is confused about the talk about trowels, it is due to comments made in this topic:

http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000356

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Shock Trooper
Member # 549
Profile #248
If the Sholai does play big part in GF4, they should be a neutral party plus they should have their own branch of magic and since they're explorers they should be utility spells like farsight, scry monster, detect life, stealth, etc.
Apprentice
Member # 2581
Profile #249
<vague ramblings>
I think we need to add lightning damage to the game.

We've got fire and ice already, yes? I guess there's the generic "energy" damage, but that comes off more as, well, generic, not as electric. With the addition of this new and exciting elemental force comes a third level of creations, that, uh, are either somehow more metallic or shoot lightning from their various energy-emitting orifices.

The, uh, Zapora (okay, it's lame, but not as lame as Litora or Electora, the latter of which sounds like something involved in an election process) would be yellow. And shoot lightning bolts. And maybe have one or two more AP than a Fyora, because of the whole quickness association with lightning. Quicksilver Artilas, Copper-laced Thahds, etc.

Ooh, and if someone mastered the art of creating the elemental creatures, they could move on to the highly-forbidden final level of creation, which might be Prism or Star or, um, Tera. These pan-elemental creatures utilize combined forces and do semi-generic damage that is less resistable. They also shimmer, and freshen up the room for you without being oppresively floral. Get rid of that vinegary just-shaped smell.

Also, give the poor Agent a new graphic, for the love of pete. I was thinking, "Hey! New stuff! Cool!" and then looked and saw the Agent has the same, dumpy-looking graphic as before and became just a bit sadder than I started as. Nice touch on the vaguely Harry Potter-esque stripes on the Shaper robes, though.

</vague ramblings>

--------------------
Stuff? Don't mind if I do, thanks.
This may, in fact, be a long, rambling post without much bearing on the topic of the thread. Consider yourself warned.

Pages