What do YOU want to see in G4?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What do YOU want to see in G4?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #250
Heavens above. Why don't you just ask Jeff to put Pikachu in the next Geneforge game and be done with it?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #251
A very minor change would be to allow us to customize the colors on our main characters graphic. A minor change.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #252
If we are going to have Pokémon, can I play Ash?

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #253
nah no pokemon try dragons,celestial samurai,and blue imps

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #254
Yes, and why not force one of the main characters to be named Cid aswell?

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Apprentice
Member # 4112
Profile #255
quote:
Originally written by I'll Steal Your Toast:

A very minor change would be to allow us to customize the colors on our main characters graphic. A minor change.
That is already possible. At least in the windows version.
Well, you can change the main character color. Changing them to color-it-yourself pictures isn't.

--------------------
AKA xKiv : I/O,I/O, it's off to disk I go ...
Apprentice
Member # 5232
Profile #256
I think it would be cool if we could create serviles

--------------------
Dying tickles
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #257
We probably won't get to do that. Afterall, Serviles are made because they can thin, talk and operate tools. But we make creations to fight in combat with, so the serviles will never be useful. That is why Jeff won't bother to let us create them.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5731
Profile #258
quote:
Originally written by Contra:

We probably won't get to do that. Afterall, Serviles are made because they can thin, talk and operate tools. But we make creations to fight in combat with, so the serviles will never be useful. That is why Jeff won't bother to let us create them.
Well, we could make our serviles the "war-bred serviles." Those guys are pretty tough and can do some nice damage-- I wouldn't mind having one or two on my side.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #259
They would still be thinking, living creation with a mind of equal capacity of a human. That mean they should talk in special encounters and such (like Greta and Alwan)

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 1016
Profile #260
But doens't creating serviles require a HUGE amount of essence? That's why they were given the ability to reproduce, since creating new ones is such a pain. Otherwise the shapers could just knock out armies of them.
Apprentice
Member # 5057
Profile #261
what I would Like to see In G4 is making new creations that serve you like serviles and creations like turrets that carn't move

--------------------
Jibrada
Warrior
Member # 5731
Profile #262
I was thinking I'd like to see night-time. GF3 has a day-counter that tells me it takes me 150-250 days to finish the game. But what is my little shaper doing every night? I'm not going to a "safe" town where I can rest, so I guess I'm just sleeping on a roadside somewhere hoping no rogues decide I look like a nice midnight snack.

So I'd propose 2 things:
1- make night occur while I'm playing. If there's a counter somewhere keeping track of what day it is, surely something could keep track of what time it is. Then, when I enter an area at night it should be darker. This would make sneaking about easier as view ranges would be reduced. But, if you get caught, it would make combat a bit tougher since you can't see your target(s) real well. Then maybe the Fyora has good night vision and isn't effected much but the Thad stumbles about not knowing what the heck he's trying to hit.

2- perhaps add some random encounters. The type of "While you were sleeping a bandit entered your camp and was trying to steal your money -- what do you want to do?"
OR maybe just pick a few random rogues and have them charge into your camp.
Heck, this could even be a scripted encounter, since there's nothing random in the GF games. So you can have some servile come into your camp at night and either try to kill you or maybe try to warn you about some other serviles who are coming to kill you.

Any thoughts?
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #263
That's an awesome idea.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #264
That reminds me of one part of Baldur's Gate that I loathed and that basically made me unwilling to put in the effort to finish the game — random encounters traveling from section to another. And while the party rested, I think.

If that gets implemented in GF4, count on me never playing a GF game again.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5679
Profile #265
USE THE GENEFORGE USE THE GENEFORGE USE THE GENEFORGE USE THE GENEFORGE USE THE GENEFORGE USE THE GENEFORGE USE THE GENEFORGE USE THE GENEFORGE USE THE GENEFORGE USE THE GENEFORGE USE THE GENEFORGE USE THE GENEFORGE USE THE GENEFORGE
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #266
Actually what you could do is have a night nime where your sight is much shorter but extended if you have a lot of the skill
Vision(which should be in the next game) which extendes sight line. It also works on sight penalties such as snow which we should have.

In the night you should have three options, keep walking, deep sleep which heals you but alows you to get caught aware by bandits and light sleep which heel you slower and gives you knowledge of bandits before they strike and gives you another three options. Keep sleeping, get ready to be attacked or if you have a high woodmens skill(another skill we should have)hide yourself in the surrounding territorey. If you are in a forest it will require less woodsmens skill than if you were trying to hide in a dessert. ;) :D :P ;) :D :P

[ Wednesday, July 27, 2005 15:51: Message edited by: Shapers_doom ]
Apprentice
Member # 6168
Profile #267
I have a few suggestions for Geneforge 4:

1) Multiplayer. A few players condem this but this could offer more oppertunity for modders. This also allows people to own shops, sell creations, become questers, sell anvil and shaper made items, the list goes on.

2) More inventerory options. (Like Altimus said earlier on in the post, maybe a "pack-mule" like creation that carries your things, or maybe in each friendly town you have the option to buy a house or vault like thing.

3)NIGHTTIME!! We have light, y not dark?

4) WEAPON MAKING! Why cant we be able to make our own weapons? There should be and screen quiet like the magic anvil were you combine certain metals, tools and magic spells to create custom made weapons.
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #268
I think it would be a good idea to add a bit of improbability to some places. For instance, (inspired by Waylander's idea here)
on a sea voyage from, say, Harmony Isle to Dhonal's Isle, on the boat you get attacked by some rogues, but somtimes on the same voyage that does not happen. It could or could not happen, by chance. Or even by date; if the voyage is undertaken on Day 8 nothing will happen,bt on Day 10 it will happen.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Apprentice
Member # 5279
Profile #269
I don't know if anybody's Suggested this yet or not. But I would LOVE to be able to shape thorns I'm always running out. In fact despite haveing 95% hit and doing a lot of damage I'm lucky if my thorns last me ONE zone. Also it would be nice if you could create living tools. Some sort of pack mule type creature would be neat. It'd save me lot of weight and room in my inventory. Recipe components take up a lot of room.

--------------------
Gotta keep Dancin' the weasels have almost got me!!!!!
Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #270
quote:
Originally written by JadeWolf:

I think it would be a good idea to add a bit of improbability to some places. ..... It could or could not happen, by chance. Or even by date; if the voyage is undertaken on Day 8 nothing will happen,bt on Day 10 it will happen.
I had offered a similar recommendation as far as making the latest GF game much different from prior versions. I see the only problem with improbablility is that Jeff would spend a LOT of time working on a section of game that most won't even get to play due to timing. I don't think he'd want to spend a week on a section that only a small % of folks would get to play...
Shock Trooper
Member # 3683
Profile #271
Further on in the game, I would tend to forget where I leave things and what I have done so far. It would be nice to have a log feature add in the journal section.

Also, how about increasing the max no. of canister using for purist - maybe 9-10 for an easier mode?

I like this G3 more than G2. Traveling from island to island makes the game seem quicker and more accomplished on my part. I don't feel exhausted and bored like I did in G2. If anything G3 seems a bit easier than G2 - for a not-so-good player like me anyway.
Posts: 266 | Registered: Wednesday, November 12 2003 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6222
Profile #272
i would agree with those who want to see more variety in creations.

for example; worms, crawlers, turrets, pylons, and golems are all types we can never get.

it would also be nice to be able to make the modified creations (ex charged fyoras, the unstable thahd in the infested pathway, domination and submission vlish, battle gamma, warped fyora, etc are all types of creatures we currently can't make, but which already exist)

mines, batons/thorns, spore boxes, living tools, servant minds, etc would also be kinda neat. presumably, they would not be easy to create, of course.

serviles and ornks would also be handy. (for carrying stuff and whatnot). serviles mainly for pro-rebel players of course (since pro-shaper would mean you don't give them weapons, or training in combat).

the pack beast that has been suggested would also be extremely nice (or perhaps, just allowing us to have creations carry stuff for us... i see no reason why a thahd couldn't have a larger backpack too).

however, i would have to say... much of the above would be most useful if they were to make a strategy game based on geneforge, rather than a standard geneforge game.

i for one would also like to see the experience for creations reworked (specifically, based off of the creation's level rather than the character's), and the ability to make fading creations (the ones that are temporary), presumably costing a little less essence, and hopefully also not taking up the player's XP. maybe even possible to create in battle because they don't take as much effort to shape.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3683
Profile #273
Maybe a character as a full shaper, which means starting with stronger stats? No more school but more job related plots.
Posts: 266 | Registered: Wednesday, November 12 2003 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #274
I think it has been decided that you won't be playing a Shaper in G4.

--------------------

Pages