Runescape anyone?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Runescape anyone?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #0
I just started playing it a week ago, amd I start to like it. I was wondering who else plays it? maybe we could post usernames and such and maybe get in touch somehow in the game? My username is Benthol. I would have chosen Thralni, if it weren't already taken, but I hate names who are already in use.

[ Friday, November 04, 2005 05:56: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #1
People actually liking Runescape makes me sad. :(
Warrior
Member # 3870
Profile Homepage #2
1. Does it cost money?

2. Does it suck?

If both can truthfully be answered with "No", then I might give it a try.

--------------------
"Toleration is not the opposite of intoleration, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."
---Thomas Paine

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #3
Its free, but if you become a member (which I'm not) you have many bonuses which should make it all much more enjoyable.

I don't think so, excpet the stupid login server is almost all-day off-line, which makes me very irritated. But its nice to trade with people and fight some things, although Avernum will always be on top of my list.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #4
1. Does it cost money?

Yes, but they have a free to play (f2p) version as well, but it has about only 1/3 of the world map, and only 1/2 the features. The core elements of the game are still intact, however.

2. Does it suck?

That's a matter of opinion. Some people love it some loathe it. Personally, I like it. Those who hate it claim it's hard to get into, it's to slow, and the community is bad. I find it somewhat easy to get into, if you try. Those who claim it's slow never fought Elvarg the Dragon at 4 levels lower than the recommended lvl, wearing crappy armor.

How are you having trouble logging in, Thralni? Did you try switching to another world? I never have trouble logging in, so maybe it's your internet connection.

BTW, Thralni, my in-game name is Eldibs7. I'll be logged in 6 hours from now. Come find me and i'll hook you up with full steel and a mithril mace (or a steel weapon, if you can't wield mithril yet).

[ Wednesday, October 19, 2005 05:03: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #5
Eldibs, thanks very, very much for your offer to give me full steel and such. An other friend immediatly supplied me with all steel armor and weapons and 1000 gold, but I died, losing almost everything. That was the point when my attitude toward the game changed. With steel plate legs, steel body armor and a steel shield I didn't have a weapon and a helmet. I decided I'd try to get it myself, preferably making them myself. Now I made myself an iron helmet and iron longsword and my amount of gold grew from 255 to 6500. And that was a short story of 6 days playing Runescape sometimes. So I think I can say it goes rather fast. Thanks, Eldibs, for the offer, but my major goal is to eventually make my own steel armor and then make my own mithril armor. I already earn a lot with the armor and such that I make and then sell. I'll try to find you though. Maybe we could trade or something, though I doubt I can give you anything new.

About logging in, its quite strange. Sometimes I manage, but most of the time i can't. This problem started today. At logging in I get a message saying the log-in server is ofline. I also have problems with my friend and ignore list. I tried other worlds, but it didn't really help. Which world are you in? maybe that will work.

Oh, and I almost forgot to say that in 6 hours I'll probably lie in bed asleep, so I probably wouldn't be able to meet you.

[ Wednesday, October 19, 2005 05:16: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
System problems due to power failure
Due to repeated power outages at one of our hosting facilities some of our systems are still offline. This means some users will be unable to login, and some areas of the website are unavailable. We are working to fix this as soon as possible.
From the Runescape website.

What world I go to depends on what I plan to do. If I'm mining or trading, I go to the most crowded world, but if I'm fighting, then I go to the least crowded world.

I'll go to world 74.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #7
Once you get to level 60 like me, things will get VERY boring. So I only play Runescape when I have absolutely nothing better to do.

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #8
I'm still at level 20, so I still have lots to do, like selling bronze pickaxes to stupid idiots who will pay 30 gold for it!

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #9
I'm in the lv 50 range, but I don't remember what lv exactly. I think like 56 or 58. Right now i'm trying to earn enough money for full Guthix. I still need everything but the helmet, and I have around 500k, and 100k worth of iron ore. I haven't been playing much lately, however, otherwise I'd already have enough cash for the armor.

--------------------

Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #10
RuneScape is an FIORPG (others would say MM) and generally I hate them. I play it, but I only started some weeks ago, and I haven't logged in for about a week now. It's not so bad; sure, 99% of all players are complete idiots, but I usually have public chat turned off so they don't bother me. Mm, and trade too. I avoid other players as much as I can. Shield of Arrav quest? That took a while, mostly because I refused to just go and ask someone to help me out. I don't know them, dammit, and I want nothing to do with them.

Anyway.. it would be better if people actually played, instead of hoarding on everything possible. I mean how hard is it to share? I have a rune pick, but I never hoard more stones if there's someone else wanting to pick as well, even if they only have an iron, or even a bronze pick. I don't need more stones. I'll fill my inv sooner or later, and there will be time.

Admit it, if people valued common courtesy and politeness there, that game would rock.
Since they don't... Well. Gaming goodness which would in other circumstances bring forth mirth and merriment turns into frustration for being bullied by dicks with better picks. Or something else. Fancier equipment. Higher levels, especially. And etc. :\

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #11
Bronze pickaxes and 30gp? Wow. I remember those days. Nearly three years ago. I’m lvl 72. I admit that it gets boring at high levels, but there have been many updates in the last several months and I am lacking in other games to play so I actually reinstated my membership just yesterday. Feel free to add Archmagealex.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Warrior
Member # 3870
Profile Homepage #12
I'll go try it. It's been ages since I've played a mmorpg of any quality whatsoever.

--------------------
"Toleration is not the opposite of intoleration, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."
---Thomas Paine

Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Anyway.. it would be better if people actually played, instead of hoarding on everything possible. I mean how hard is it to share? I have a rune pick, but I never hoard more stones if there's someone else wanting to pick as well, even if they only have an iron, or even a bronze pick. I don't need more stones. I'll fill my inv sooner or later, and there will be time.

Admit it, if people valued common courtesy and politeness there, that game would rock.
Since they don't... Well. Gaming goodness which would in other circumstances bring forth mirth and merriment turns into frustration for being bullied by dicks with better picks. Or something else. Fancier equipment. Higher levels, especially. And etc. :\
Yes, the community is terrible. It's a shame when you get called a noob by some 13 year old who is a higher lv but knows less about the game than you. Every time I see a lower lv person stealing ore from another, I go take it all, then give it to the person getting stolen from. There's a bit more courtesy in the member's worlds, but not much (I was a member for a while). It would seem that Runescape is a magnet for pre-pubescent middle-schoolers who have no friends and think they're better than everybody else.

BTW, Thralni, if you need a better way to make money, do the Rune Mysteries Quest and mine rune essence. Get like 1k of it, and sell it for 30k.

[ Wednesday, October 19, 2005 06:18: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #14
As much as I like playing Runescape, I must say that most of the community is really terrible. That's why I like the SW boards. Everybody (except one or two persons are decent people (that's at least the impression i get). But at Runescape, you sometimes encounter these stupid persons who indeed know nothing of your levels and start calling you a noob, even though your smithing level may be way higher than theirs, but you can't see that level, so they start calling you a noob, because the attack level is lower! You also have to be very careful with certain people. One their was this jerk who wanted to give me mithril plate mail for free. He said it was at his "friend." I started following him to his friend, but when we came to the border of "the wilderness" (the place were members can kill each other), my mistrust won it over my avarice, and I simply left, him shouting at me and calling me a noob (of course. he probably doesn't know any other word then noob). You also have these people that start out friendly but become enormous jerks if you won't give them your very expensive steel plate body that you yourself made with enormous difficulties! I'm very strict at trading. I ussualy don't give anything for free. I hate that. Free giving. I once gave a new player who was totaly lost and wanted better equipment, my 9 bronze bars and a hammer, so he could make some things and earn money. He gave me the money he earned, and I gave him the bronze 2 handed sword that I had made for him. We are atill friends. But other then that, most people are jerks.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 5802
Profile #15
i rather pull my own teeth out then play runescape

1. i got banned for somthing i dident do

2. it costs FIVE dollers a month to be a member

3. it gets boring FAST

i quit at level 83 the day when i quit so yeah its not worth it AT ALL dont play this game its bad its hypnotic and wasts time i could be doing somthing usefull.

[ Wednesday, October 19, 2005 07:06: Message edited by: Archmage Mycroft ]

--------------------
If Skribbane dosn't kill me, canisters will.

"You suck." - TM
Apprentice
Member # 5555
Profile #16
Halfway through the tutorial. Browser-based games are the suck, because the memory goes straight to the rooof exspecially if I have other tabs open. Firefox is straight out, I won't use IE even if I'm paid for it, which leaves me with Opera.

That said, for what it is (browser-based game), it manages a level of graphics that is astounding. It's a bit like playing Myst on a pocket calculator. With all the performance issues that come with that.

Edit: I'm in world 74 for now. Anyone there?

[ Wednesday, October 19, 2005 09:42: Message edited by: lightningmaster2016 ]
Warrior
Member # 6368
Profile Homepage #17
its an awesome game =) im level 94 and got bout 10mill, pretty fun game but it does get boring if you dont do slayer and stuff, slayers fun and castle wars is and fight pits and all sorts of stuff.

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/7370/rscape0eu.png
my picture up there ^
necromancy coming out soon! :D

[ Wednesday, October 19, 2005 09:21: Message edited by: green kid ]

--------------------
MMORPG developed by jagex ltd. Join RuneScape.com today!

hawk kings editor edited by me for geneforge 2
http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=000906#00 0000
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by lightningmaster2016:

Halfway through the tutorial. Browser-based games are the suck, because the memory goes straight to the rooof exspecially if I have other tabs open. Firefox is straight out, I won't use IE even if I'm paid for it, which leaves me with Opera.

That said, for what it is (browser-based game), it manages a level of graphics that is astounding. It's a bit like playing Myst on a pocket calculator. With all the performance issues that come with that.

You can download a small program from the website, with which you don't have to use the browser anymore. Just look on the website under "extra files."

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #19
Aside: How sad is it that this topic is moving faster than our political debates have?

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #20
... no, that would be insulting. I'll say nothing. ^

I'll add that I'm Riibu over there, but I won't be logging in for a while. I won't play it on my own computer, you see. Too slow. The playing numbs the brain, and same goes if I try to play some AdventureQuest. I have to go use my mother's computer, and I can do that only when she's not around. That's basically no time for me, because I'm away when she's away, and I'm here when she's here. Work, and.. life in general. Anyway.

Anyone feel free to add me. I usually try to reside in world 81 or 82, depending on how crowded they are.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Apprentice
Member # 5555
Profile #21
That program uses IE, in fact.

Anyway, I can't log in - says the login server is down.

Edit: Can. It was a temporary issue; the number of players has also risen from 60,000 to 100,000 in a matter of minutes, so the problem is probably fixed.

[ Wednesday, October 19, 2005 11:12: Message edited by: lightningmaster2016 ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #22
I've never had a chance to play it. It won't open on any computer I've tried to play on. It doesn't even say servers are down. There's just this blank gray screen. I've given up.

Oh, and if anyone sees a 'blueisrunescape' on there, please tell him that Ariana couldn't get onto runescape and ask him to e-mail me(nicothodes @ myway . com). Thanks!

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #23
Wisemanism on 17 or 37 if you want to find me, but I haven't logged in in about 2-3 weeks.

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #24
ack runescape i got bored of it so quickly just becaus of all the back tracking you have to do besides why play runescape when you have avernum and geneforge?

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums

Pages