improvements for geneforge 3.... your thoughts

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: improvements for geneforge 3.... your thoughts
Apprentice
Member # 4585
Profile #200
1) We must be able to finish the game without being used by one sect or the council (as it was the case in geneforge 1 when you used the geneforge). I played the whole game with the goal of using it. The possibility that the geneforge was unusable was so sad for me that I've tried many time to become a drayk believing this was the solution. It is a strange thing since I've taken more canister than Barzhal (I am more powerfull with less experience as a shaper). So I should be as thirthy of power than him ?

2) There is no need for a door or whatever which will not open. Because some players will lose a lot of time trying to open it. And it is another thing in this game which make me feel that the end is not a real end. If a mystery must remain, why don't use a speech from one of the key characters ?

3) The game must be more difficult. GF2 is very easy to win, and requires no brain or strategy (including killing the boss and clearing all zones) at all. Apart trying to open that f....d door ;)

4) The process of shaping creations should be more complicated, and should allow combination of elements, as for the spells in FF7.

5) I would like to play with a keyboard.

6) The combat mode and normal mode should be made coherent. When you travel a poisoned zone in combat mode, you lose some life point; the same in normal mode is often fatal (Life points are losen faster)

7) When a character ask for components to make an item, it should be added to the quest list, because when you forget who ask for a demon claw, trying all the "learned serviles" of the game is very ...

8) The items should be storable somewhere. I'm tired of using the ground near the entry of medab or one other city to put all my garbage, trying to put sword near other sword, making distinctions between what I want to keep and what I want to sell...

9) The characters should be more different from one game to another. When I was seeking to show to Trajkov..ah, no Barzhal that I was no friendly to servile, I was knowing that somewhere, a learned servile could help me doing so, because, it was already one in GF 1, and that GF 2 is very similar...

10) When you travel to a new zone, and when there is a safe way to a friendly city from the place you currently are, you should be able to rest without coming to the safe city ang going back to the new zone (because there is no difficulty doing so, it's just a loss of time)

11) When I sell or give something to a character, I would logically get it back when I kill him .

12) The luck attribute should be emphasized, as mechanic or leadership are.

13) The opinion should be more complex. Perhaps two axis (pro serviles and against serviles, pro shapers and against shapers, ...) would be more interesting...
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #201
Here's some of my comments on the suggestions made by mystiprisme

2. IIRC the game made it clear that you would be unable to open the door. Sounds like you got frustrated when you continued to try to open the door after that. That's not a flaw in the game, in my opinion. BTW, in case you haven't worked it out yet, the door is intended to be a 'teaser' for GF3, unanswered questions and all. I don't see which 'key character' could deliver the speech you mention - different games end up with different key characters being dead.

5. Me too! Greater use of keyboard would be great (it would be nice if the game recognised the enter key as being the same as clicking on a 'tick' mark).

6. I think that's a flaw that's inherent in combining real-time movement and turn-based combat system. This combination is one of the plusses of the GF engine for me, even if it does have unintended side-effects.

7. You can record character speeches - I did that for all the EQ quests, and deleted their speeches from my journal as I completed those quests. Those quests are different to normal quests - you are not doing a favour for them, they are doing a favour for your character.

8. Items are storable - wherever anybody wants to store them. That means you can have up to around 150-200 (I think) different items in every single zone (including items already there that you didn't loot). Even if you only store of fraction of the limit per zone, if you multiply that by the number of zones - then you've got a LOT of storage. I don't see why you'd want to limit that very extensive storage ability to a 'storage room' or 'storage closet' just for the sake of neatness.

Kyna

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #202
Here is the list of all things on this topic

I am sorry if i said anything twice or missed things.

You can e-mail me so i can make additions at: tornado@athenet.net

Here it is:

make 'EXIITZONE' Cheat part of the game
creations should carry things
creations shoul wear things
make an easier selection technique
fix obstacles
male/female graphics for your character
more creations
pack mule creation
fire creations get more power
no occasionals
dual wield weapons
eyebeasts weaker
class spesific skills
primary stats influence other stats
talk to your smart creations
drayks carry coinc without places to put them
have the door unlock window include the spell 'unlock'
more living tools
hire mercinaries
default attack for the creations with both a melee and missile attack
shield energy
on guard ability
more colors of clothing for your character
charms shouldn't take up any room in your pack
items disappear
have a home
have a storage chest of your own
more slots in your pack
put things into cabinets and things like that
better descriptions of items
shaper lab
more ways to get aroud fights
disguises
more sound effects
more different weapons
helmets
more different armor
necklaces
not parry magic/acid balls/fire balls with parry, those need a different skill (magic parry vs. regular parry)
sparks when you parry
weapon durability
faction should help in battles
more diferent aniation
stunning blow, piercing missile, or critical strike
creations that can create creations
fuse creations
enhance creations with potions
make weapons and armor
ranks in factions
splash damage weapons
better graphics
translucent walls when your character approaches so you can see your character
make mines and turrets
more stats
another category of creations
AI settings
different pictures for special items
able to shape more powerful creations from the begining of the game
fix the economy (shops) replenish supplies
Life Drain=Take Enemy HP when you hit them and heal you with thier HP
boats
mutate creations
network support
flying creations
cooking skills
smithing skills
alchemy skills
arenas
larger cities
specialize smaller creations
different plot
stealth
scenario editors
arcive the custom scenarios
music
internet play
balanced difficulty
'pin' notes on map
bank
money wieghs some thing
get the skill 'anatomy' back
apprentice
able to create more creations than just seven
online play
'adopted' creations are talkable
character editor
finish game without going back to the shaper council
play with keyboard
left/right hand advantages
leg armor
more complex opinions
luck should be more emphasized
trash should rot and be created by people
-------------------------------------
things you do need to have noticable effects whether or not you do them as part of quests. For example - Recently, in my game, I killed Barzahl, and... Well, weird things happened. Not surprisingly, the Barzites started attacking me on sight - but surprisingly, so did the Awakened sympathizers and Awakened spy in North Rising Gates! Hostility needs to be painted less broadly than region by region - I don't know enough about programming to really know what I'm doing, but it seems to be like it should be possible to make more specific changes - attacked by the guards and not by the civilians, for example.
you can do that because you did it in the benerii-uss power supply - the Power Golems don't attack you even if they're right next to Guard Golems or Miner Golems who are attacking you, and they also don't attack the other golems or vice versa. If you applied that script to 'noncombatants' in towns, things would have more versimilitude

By: ??????????? :confused:

If you are the writer of this or know who wrote it, please contact me. I want to give them credit.
-------------------------------------
Your welcome
:)

[ Tuesday, June 29, 2004 11:52: Message edited by: Tris10101 ]

--------------------
Hi. Why is the universe so BIG? Why am I human? How come hot dogs come in packages of 10 and buns 8? This will all be solved in time young padawan. Your quest for the ultimate Aztec manuer is coming to a climax. May the force be with you!!!
······························································
This is where I want you to click! Rate me! Ha Ha
Check out some cool Mac OS X Apps that were made by me here!
10101 Software - You can take my iMac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the wireless mouse!
Apprentice
Member # 4585
Profile #203
quote:
Originally written by Kyna:

I don't see why you'd want to limit that very extensive storage ability to a 'storage room' or 'storage closet' just for the sake of neatness.

The major advantage would be a sortable menu with all you item. It would be advantageous if you need to choose something (the better sword...).
Now, i'm using the same method as you. But I lose many time sorting items. Ex: When I have 10 mined crystal here, and 12 others near them, I must take them to have 22 grouped, and put them down. And for the roleplaying spirit of the game, I am not sure that putting all your garbage in the takers lands would leave it untouched .. ;)

For the door, I am frustated... but i have looked on the ressource fork of the game and now I think it is openable, since the program code of the game mention what is behind... (the final creation of eass)
Apprentice
Member # 4605
Profile #204
So far we've seen a lot of very technical suggestions. Some of them are good ideas and some are not. However, I have not seen much talk about expanding the spirit of the game. What I'm refering to is the leadership option. It is one of the most interesting aspects of the game. It seems that neither G1 or G2 utilized this feature to the maximum extent. Leadership was useful for getting out of specific situations, but was not particularly useful in determining the outcome of the game. I see no need that we should be forced to pick one sect and one sect only. It should be possible with enough charisma to broker a peace between opposing factions. I picture a Geneforge 3 in which descension exists within the Shaper ranks. Whatever sect you join, part of your job is to convince others to side with you. I know, this adds a layer of complexity to the game, but I think it will make for a far more engrossing story and over all good game play.
Apprentice
Member # 4498
Profile #205
Just one thought...
I think we should be able to wear cloaks and robes. I mean, the under armor is nice, but in reality it is possible to wear a robe and a cloak. Besides, it's more armor.
Apprentice
Member # 4560
Profile #206
Some of my thoughts on the subject:

1) A lot of people seem to have a problem with the appearance of their character. Why not dissociate the type of character from their appearance. There would still be guardians, shapers and agent, but your agent could look like a shaper (or the opposite, if you like the swimming suit of the agent better :) ). In the endings you always look like a shaper anyway.

2) I like to play with "free creations", it makes me feel less alone. It would be nice if their AI was making them follow you, instead of fighting every enemy in sight. It would make it a lot easier to keep them alive, I am so sad when one of my friend dies, I miss the friendly rat a lot :( )

3) I agree with the limit of two skill points from a trainer, but the quest rewards, books and perhaps even canisters should not be taken in account for that. I know it has already been told, but I find it really important. When I reached Learned Guas in outer Gazak-Uss, I found out I could only buy him battle and mental magic (I'm playing as a guardian :P )

4) Talking about money, trainers and also nice equipment, they should be available sooner in the game. I understand you have to deserve them, but if you get the best armor in the game by killing the last living thing in the game, what's the point :rolleyes: ? About money, I needed a lot in GF1 to buy luck and mechanics, and I spent a lot of time selling things like thorns, javelins, robes... because I wanted those skills as early as possible (when they still make sense) and at the end of the game, I was not even taking the money from the guys I killed...

5) About the last two areas in the games ( crypts in GF1 and Gazak-Uss in GF2), I don't really see the point of them, except for having a good fight of course :P well, if you like it... In GF1, I went in the inner crypt and had Danette'belt before dealing with Trajkov and Goettsh, so it helped a little, but was really unnecessary. In GF2, I already finished the game with different endings, but I've not explored Inner Gazak-Uss yet. And I don't really want to do it because I hate eyebeasts and there would be no change in the endings (that I know of). It would be nice if those areas had something interesting (but not really necessary) for the endings (as there is nothing else left in the game at that point).

6) I agree with Shellbullet about the conversational or diplomatical part of the game. You should be able to share your opinion and perhaps influence some characters with enough leadership. For exemple, if you are allied with the Awakened, you should be able to convince some other serviles of their rights and make them join the Awakened.

7) For the easy and perhaps normal mode players (that's what I am :rolleyes: ), be careful with the damage done by the enemies. Some things are really too difficult to beat compared to others. I really don't like the acid or flaming bushes (especially when you play with free creations), and eyebeasts are just too strong (a lot of damage, multiple damage + dramatic decrease of your AP :mad: ) Some players may become completely mad, perhaps I am already :P

That's all for now. I hope some of my ideas are not too bad...
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #207
I think that if somehow your character gets modified(the Awakened, GF2) you should automatically get a new ability you can train in. I mean, who has the kind of money to buy the spells from the guy who was obsessed with power? The skills could have a starting cost of ten skill points and the cost go up five skill points per level instead of one.

[ Friday, July 09, 2004 08:53: Message edited by: Nicothodes ]

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #208
quote:
i would like to see inns being more useful, like a universal inn system used not for just sleeping but storage, changing clothes (not just into townspersons clothes but different robes and styles)
In GF2 I moved all my stuff from Drypeak to the inn in Medab for a better view :cool:

[ Friday, July 09, 2004 08:25: Message edited by: Nicothodes ]

--------------------

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #209
If there is internet play in the game than there's a chance that it would cost more for the time and energy used to set it up. The other thing that might happen(unlikely) is it's not part of the game and that you pay per hour or something. That would be like The Sims, and the GF series is definitly not The Sims.

--------------------

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #210
Guys,

Here's my list of new things for either GF3 or BoG;

* Male/female graphics for your character

* Supreme Living tools - worth 5x Living Tools.

* Default attack for the creations with both a melee and missile/magic attack

* More colors of clothing for your character

* More slots in your pack

* More sound effects

* Weapon durability - it gets damaged. etc.

* Creations that can create creations -{Apprentices)

* Another type of Creation. Eg. Water Shaping / Air Shaping

* Make your own AI scripts

* Different pictures for special items - one or two different ones are SO boring!

* Boats to help you travel across water zones

* Mutate creations - attempt to make your own creations, like your creations are originally made. This could be good - or bad

* Flying creations

* Scenario editors - If not for GF 3 then BoG

* Music - (For when you do something major)

* Make your own apprentices as creations.

* Able to create more different creations than just four

* Online Arena play against or with other players.

* Character editor - Definitely!

* More opinions available - and more complex

* Luck should be used more - such as when you lie. eg. When you lie to someone if you have high enough luck - they beleive you - otherwise - off with your head!

* You should be able to restart the game with the same shaper and creations, so that you don't have to start again.

* The difficulty levels should determine how many monsters there are as well as how hard they are

* The Start-Up Picture should be made to look nicer. I personally preffered GF1's to GF2's.

Thanks,

Please tell me if I should have put any other important ones up. But I mean, some of them were just totally riduculous.

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #211
I would like to restate my idea from much earlier.

If Gazers, Drakons, and Serviles can think and talk, why can't you be one? Why not in GF3 have you be a Gazer, Drakon, or Servile minion of the mystery monster behind the door? You could decide to aid it or betray it to the shapers. If you think about it, little would really would need to change. Drakons can shape, Gazers can control creations, Serviles can do magic.

Actually, It could be done like Nethergate. Choosing to be Shaper or Creation like you chose to be Roman or Britainian (or whatever they were). Besides, is being a Drakon that much different from being Slithzerikai?

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #212
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex:

I would like to restate my idea from much earlier.

If Gazers, Drakons, and Serviles can think and talk, why can't you be one? Why not in GF3 have you be a Gazer, Drakon, or Servile minion of the mystery monster behind the door? You could decide to aid it or betray it to the shapers. If you think about it, little would really would need to change. Drakons can shape, Gazers can control creations, Serviles can do magic.

Actually, It could be done like Nethergate. Choosing to be Shaper or Creation like you chose to be Roman or Britainian (or whatever they were). Besides, is being a Drakon that much different from being Slithzerikai?

That would be an interesting idea, it's similar to mine of 'Apprentices', because if you, as a Drakon, can shape things, all Drakons that you make will have that same ability. It sounds intersting...

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #213
Actually the drakons you make don't have the same ability. None of the drakons I shaped in GF2 were able to shape and it makes sense that if you are making them to be your servant that you not give them the ability to shape.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Warrior
Member # 3932
Profile #214
well, one thing for sure... MORE LIVING TOOLS!!! and perhaps make them weigh less... even in the demos, which is all i can use, there seems to be a massive shortage of living tools... so i tend to spend most of my points on mechanics, and so my characters cant use the things that i steal with the living tools without a massive penalty...

--------------------
Clowns are baby eating murderers.

My science teacher says so.

And life keeps going --->
Apprentice
Member # 4774
Profile #215
I am guessing that a good developer like Spiderweb will be looking closely at player feedback, so I am going to throw in a summary of small but important changes that I support. Most have these have been mentioned, if not all, so this is mostly a post to the developers saying “yep, that is something that at least a few people are worried about.”

Trainers should not be capped at base +2. If a limit is needed, make it a total number of trainings limit. Melee characters will train their skills past that before they get to the appropriate trainer. Characters should be able benefit from these without “out of game knowledge.” The idea that my Guardian should wait to boost his fighting skills until reaching Mr. Blade, four or five hours of game play into the game, does not seem intuitive to me.

Losing all your action points if you attack first, even though you might have some left over. I understand that clicking, “end of turn” when I only have two points left might get annoying, but if I kill someone with my sword and have a point or two left over, I want to walk towards them. I also like the suggestion of the cursor with the number of points left, but that is not as important to me as the first idea.

Cash running out in the stores. I am not sure it adds to the game and I am sure it does get annoying. May I suggest that it be dropped for a simpler, if less realistic, eternally rich merchant?

The hotkey “G” bring forth a nice box of goodies to pick from. I may be missing something, but I have to click on the “X” to close that box. If the box could be closed by clicking anywhere outside the pop-up box, it would be a nice touch. Very small point, I know, but tendonitis makes me notice extra mouse clicks.

Generally, it is a lovely game and, if beta testing is needed for III, I would be interested in lending a hand.
Apprentice
Member # 4748
Profile #216
I believe someone mentioned more lowlevel creations. Here's a couple of ideas for level zero creations requiring no shaping skill (handy for agent). These are more or less just off the top of my head. I've put a little thought into them, but they could be bad for gameplay instead. More isn't always better. These wouldn't be for fighting, but niche roles, support roles. If something similar was implemented, it would probably need to get more powerful every level rather than every other, because these would be by design very weak at level one. There would need to be some reward for every level of shaping skill just to keep them from becoming completely obsolete.

Magic: Eyeball. Not eyebeast. Just a measly little eyeball. Perhaps just making an alarm crystal. No attack ability, and no maneuverability, at least until three skill upgrade. Cost of maybe 1 or 2 essence. Only purpose in life is recon. Makes it easier for a low essence character to watch his back.

Battle: Perhaps a turret? Would not be a viable option for a mobile force, but would allow for a fallback position in case of retreat, or allow for a trap. Would give a Battle army a little ranged support, but doesn't fit the up close feel. However, a turret does seem rather suited to the theme of warfare, thus Battle. While it would have to grow with shaping skill to stay useful, perhaps the cost would need to grow also?

Fire: Maybe rats? Not strong enough to take out an enemy on their own, but nah... Doesn't fit the theme I'm going for. How about mines? With the creation limit, someone couldn't really go overboard, and might get caught in the blast also. It'd be like a stationary pyroamer for a spellcasting agent? Or perhaps they stun, instead? They would quickly run out in case of a battle, but would be an interesting way to trap a guard and keep them for running for reinforcements.

Geneforge is very combat focused. I'd love to see a house for my character, with some storage area. But rather than just using an inn, you could allow Shapers to retire creations- after all, some people do get rather attached to those Fyoras. I'd have to believe the Shaper society has some method of detaching creatures from their personal essence and still keeping them loyal. If you could even let them rejoin the party later ala Avernum, that probably wouldn't unbalance the game. In fact, it might make AI for the free creations less of an issue.

EDIT 1: Also, food. I like the idea of food when I'm spending all my early essence on creations. However, does it have to all be the same? Withered fruit- 2 HP. Beef Jerkey - 4 HP, same weight. Shaper Enhanced Fruit - 8 HP. Pop-Tarts 20 HP? It seems pointless to duplicate them the way they are now. Is it just for atmosphere? Nobody will ever feed a Battle Alpha, they subsist on a diet only of healing spells.

Less seriously, give us two more hidden creations- a donkey and an elephant. I'd name em Bush and Kerry, and they'd fight to the death, or maybe just debate. That way, whoever wins, we can vent our American anger.

[ Saturday, July 31, 2004 11:26: Message edited by: bovine_cannibal ]

--------------------
Moo.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #217
There are a few things I would like changed for GF3.

1. I am sick of orange-yellow crystals. Why can’t we have newly enhanced green ones, or perhaps blue?

2. I have found myself many a time typing a name and making a mistake in the middle. I then have to delete half of the word, very time-consuming. Rather, I would like to be able to highlight words and/or use arrow keys to move to a different place in the word.

3. I enjoyed using Sharon’s Bracelet in GF2 to be able to kill experimental creations to enhance it. Maybe certain pickup creations could be enhanced the same way?

4. I’d like to have an item that when used, it gives you a certain creation depending on how skilled you are in certain types of shaping. For example if you have more fire shaping that any other shaping skill it would give you a certain fire creation based on how much skill you have in fire shaping. No essence would be necessary.

5. I have always enjoyed GF1 as a very creative and unique game that distinguishes itself from the Exile and Avernum series. Then, in GF2, the similarities began appearing (i.e. items, abilities, etc.). Is it possible in GF3 to bring back that unique world free of all other influences? This would help a lot, for it’s like making a game over again that is exactly the same. In GF2 the sound effects for actions like biting, firebolt, and many more were similar or the same as in Avernum. GF2 also offered you the choice to buy spells and abilities as in Avernum. What I like about the Shapers’ world is that Shapers rely on canisters and not scrolls to grant them abilities. Most of all, the items almost completely reflected those of Avernum and Exile. There were boardgames, dice, candles, and plants, to name a few. In short, GF2 very much reflected Avernum and Exile, which I really don’t want the GF series to become. If you want to buy all of Spiderwebs games, just buy one, they're really all relatively the same...

6. I heard an earlier good idea, which I would like to add to. Someone suggested we be able to create turrets. This may not follow through with the GF creation theme, but is it possible to advance a creation, making it a whole new one, rather than infusing them with ice? My idea was something like turret to pylon, pylon to spawner?

7. I think that the demo for GF3 should be larger than most GF demos and also foreshadow more along the lines of how the plot will turn out. The GF demo tells you almost nothing about Goettsch, Trajkov, or what the heck the Geneforge is! And the GF2 demo told me almost nothing about Barzahl, or what the heck the Geneforge 2 is! :D :D

8. I would like magically empowered weapons, perhaps to poison someone when struck by your enhanced sword?

9. Would it be possible to be maybe not so darn weak??!! I had a vague idea of a SHAPER: 32 hp, 50 essence, 50 spell energy, Create Fyora, Thahd, and Artila, firebolt, searer, heal, cure effects, 100 coins, and maybe a weak fyora, to start? Not to mention 5 healing pods, a robe, chitin armor, boots, belt, gloves, bronze sword, 2 javelins, iron shield, some icy crystals, and a healing spore. It would also help to begin in a town, and be in a place you’re familiar with, perhaps your home town on mainland?

[ Monday, August 09, 2004 15:37: Message edited by: fire_shards251 ]

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #218
I would like to be able to start as a servile-- there should be two types of serviles the character could be warrior servile and craftsman servile. Craftsman serviles should be able to make stuff like living tools, potions, wands and have good spell casting ability, etc but should have very limited shaping skills. In fact it would be interesting if they were the only ones with strong alchemy skills.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #219
A few more necessities:

1. I have always liked huge battles, rather than just you. Is it possible to program more of them, perhaps a town vrs. an army of creations?

2. I have always hated how if you don't have enough action points to attack, your turn ends. Couldn't it say "not enough action points", so you could use an item?

3. A useful creation on a high level would be a morpher. It would start at 70 esscence and have 120 health and does 10-20 damage. Not too good. But it has one inventory slot. You give it an item and it does the given action. Example: an icy crystal would make it spit ice, a living tool would make it unlock stuff, and a rock would make it do absolutely noting!!! :)

[ Sunday, August 08, 2004 18:28: Message edited by: fire_shards251 ]

--------------------

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #220
Oops! :eek: One more thing!

No offense to Spiderweb Sotware, but their 2D graffics are sort of lame. It would help to, if not 3D, make more fantastic effects. If you're a measly fyora and you take a huge blast from a drakon, and if alive, still be in the same exact place? Wouldn't it fly back?

Wouldn't it feel good to be realistic here? Does a drayk have really have the same range as a fyora? And shouldn't food restore essence too? Just asking.

Also, it might be nice to be able to disguise. If you kill someone and take their clothes. Then, when you put them on, the others might be friendly to you.

Oh, and though I wanted better effects, please please bring back the tiny ball of fire from GF1 instead of the huge spray of fire from GF2!

[ Sunday, August 08, 2004 18:53: Message edited by: fire_shards251 ]

--------------------

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #221
Woo, that just reminded me of something. The big battle outside the ziggurat in A2, the one where the vahnatai help you break through Empire battle lines -- it would be really cool to have a big battle along those lines in a Geneforge. I don't recall any, offhand. Drayks and drakons and glaahks and stuf battling, with you caught in the crossfire. That'd be pretty neat.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #222
The geneforge item system is annoying, the whole when you click on the item it goes to your backpack sucks, it was better in Avernum 3 where u could put the items on from the get screen, whats worse is Jeff put it in BOA, which means you have to select the character first before giving them items grr. Unlocking doors should change to a blend of both Geneforge 1 and 2, make it when you click on a locked thing it comes up with a dialog box that lets you choose to use unlock or living tools, there could be a box where you type in the number you want. The bosses are also stupid, kinda strange where I can just cast Kill on Eass for example, it does 200 damage and stuns him so he dosnt attack me anymore, which makes killing him as easy as an ornk. THERE ALSO HAS TO BE A GENEFORGE IN THIS ONE, I probabaly wont buy it if theres not, the power crazed, glowing, all power full shaper god is so fun :)
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #223
I don't meann to be so naive, and I know this isn't an improvement, but is it prounounced "Jini-forge" or "Jeen-forge"? :confused:

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 4278
Profile Homepage #224
For the longest time, I thought it was "Ge-ne-forge" (3 syllables), but then after hearing JV in an interview, I now know that Its "gene-forge" (2 syllables)

--------------------
Pathological Jerk
Jerking at Spiderweb since 1999

Pages