improvements for geneforge 3.... your thoughts

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: improvements for geneforge 3.... your thoughts
Apprentice
Member # 4829
Profile #225
WHA????!?!!!
Oh, nonono! JENNA-forge is much better than gene-forge. Ooh well, most things are usually better in my head anyway.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #226
When did you hear Jeff in an interview? :confused: Was it on TV or something?

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #227
Radio, actually. Give me a moment to track it down.

And yeah, until I heard this, I thought it was three syllables, too.

EDIT: The Gamesome Mac interview. (April 05 is the one with JV.)

[ Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:35: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #228
To return to the topic, I think we should be able to create Ornk Lords like the one in The Sentinels (GF1) if we get 3 of Create Ornk. I mean, Ornk Lords are tough. They'd be good upgrades to a lazy old cow. Although their appearance could be better. The Ornk Lord in GF1 looked like an Ornk who had been rolling around in marshmallow sauce! :D

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #229
Back to the topic: There should be a third tier of creatons. When you get Create Fyora to 3 you can then make a Cryoa. I think that when you get it up to 6, you should be able to make something else. A charged fyora, an acid spitting fyora, a fyora with paralyzing bite, something like that.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #230
Do you think that there should be anything beond a third or fourth section?

--------------------
Hi. Why is the universe so BIG? Why am I human? How come hot dogs come in packages of 10 and buns 8? This will all be solved in time young padawan. Your quest for the ultimate Aztec manuer is coming to a climax. May the force be with you!!!
······························································
This is where I want you to click! Rate me! Ha Ha
Check out some cool Mac OS X Apps that were made by me here!
10101 Software - You can take my iMac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the wireless mouse!
Warrior
Member # 3667
Profile #231
My advice,
bring back the canisters, like in GF1 there were tons in the unregistered area!
Make luck worth something!!
Why does the agent have to be female?
Why Do shapers and guardians have to have male apearences?
Why Cant there be like a new class Adept, or Rogue, that is an all around character, sharing the strengths and weaknesses of all of the classes?
Why can't the people who are unregistered get like a special dungeon or quest or easter egg, that wont be possible to get if you arent registered. That way, you could do that for a while, i mean in all of the Spiderweb games i've gotten, I havent registered a single one, and yet i've probably been more thorough because of it. When you've got nothing better to do than look around for new quests, than why not search the gray spaces on the edge of your map?

--------------------
plz feel free to email me answers at stargazer_do@hotmail.com
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #232
There shold be a GF3 edior like there is for BoA.

--------------------
Hi. Why is the universe so BIG? Why am I human? How come hot dogs come in packages of 10 and buns 8? This will all be solved in time young padawan. Your quest for the ultimate Aztec manuer is coming to a climax. May the force be with you!!!
10101 Software - You can take my iMac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the wireless mouse!
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #233
(Sorry if someone mentioned this before) I think we should be able to change the colors of the creations. Also, we could combine parts of the creations. An arm of a fyora. A leg of a battle alpha, a body of a vilsh...

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Warrior
Member # 5159
Profile #234
quote:
Originally written by plazma:

[quote=FZ]
Maybe Jeff is trying to make a point here? ;) Especially as the *really* powerful creations requires some dubious morality and loss of sanity (through canister abuse) to acquire.... Something about power without control?

your probably right but ive beaten the game withought augmentation or canister use and its quite fun ive also learned how to make fairly strong monsters :cool: [/QB][/quote]Yea...
but i like taking every canister in the game. i even made a list. i was hoping that my character would start glowing if i took every canister. i was sorely disappointed.

on the actual point, i think there should be a skill that allows you to change your creations in odd ways. maybe a mutation factor. all the sudden you are messing around with a fyora and it become a flying one. something of the sort. but that will probably never happen.

[ Friday, November 05, 2004 11:36: Message edited by: Captain Obvious ]

--------------------
"The whoopie cushion shall rise again."
- Anton Szandor LaVey
Founder of the Church of Satan
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #235
i wish i can create a servile........

--------------------
This apple? no. That apple? no. What about that orange? no. "What DO YOU WANT!!!!" 'Wink' "I want the apple you are eating."
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #236
i wish i can create a servile........

--------------------
This apple? no. That apple? no. What about that orange? no. "What DO YOU WANT!!!!" 'Wink' "I want the apple you are eating."
Warrior
Member # 4345
Profile #237
Well, if he's going to be changing the graphics a little, there are some things that didn't really make sense. For example, Drakons use the essence orbs attack for their missle attack. However would it be possible to have the firebolt picture for each attck, rather than the essemce orbs picture? Cause in the drakons description on the making a creation page they said they sprayed bolts of fire or something like that. Also, shouldn't essence orbs look a little more like.....orbs? In GF2 it hardly looks different from the ice spray attack. Other than that, I guess there's nothing else for me to say that hasn't alreadt been saud. For all I know THIS has already been said.

--------------------
"Damn Scots. They ruined scotland!"-Groundskeeper Willy, the Simpsons
Apprentice
Member # 5170
Profile #238
My thoughts are your creations can carry thing wear armour ect and that your creations have a better choice of skills

--------------------
Do not fear Jib is here!
Apprentice
Member # 5170
Profile #239
Another thing I would like is you can merge creations and you can create serviles

--------------------
Do not fear Jib is here!
Apprentice
Member # 5180
Profile #240
I think ther eshould be a multi player mode where you fight and join and trade wiht other sects and clans like those everquest games i think also that you should try and get your games out into shops so people who dont live in america can buy these truly awsome games without all the hassles of changing the money and ordering. and we should also be able to create SERVILES! because these little dudes can carry stuff and talk.
thank you
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #241
quote:
I think ther eshould be a multi player mode where you fight and join and trade wiht other sects and clans like those everquest games i think also that you should try and get your games out into shops so people who dont live in america can buy these truly awsome games without all the hassles of changing the money and ordering.
Give Jeff say a million dollars then ask him to do that :P . Reading this topic I can see where all those emails sent to Jeff about how fun it is to hack and slash came from :rolleyes: But on topic, I WANT TO USE THE GENEFORGE! I want to be a all powerfull glow in the dark shaper with no "humanity", also if there is demons in it again I Hope they arnt stupid like the demons in Geneforge 2, looking at the demons from the Avernum trilogy (what they say and do not what they look like) would be much better
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5187
Profile #242
i think you should be able with a high enough level of say leadership be able to control rogues make them your pets even but the stronger the rogue the harder it would be some could even be imposible with out some magic item that only works once this way having creatures wouldnt always count against your essence infact if all your creatures were former rogues it wouldnt cost you any essence at all :)

--------------------
~~SaltyDog~~
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #243
I think there should be another way to become really powerful that doesn't come from the geneforge. It would be neat if you could learn the meditation techniques of the insane taker cultists and become very strong magically. A kind of enlightened wackyness.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #244
quote:
Originally written by Buttered Crispy Toast:

I think there should be another way to become really powerful that doesn't come from the geneforge. It would be neat if you could learn the meditation techniques of the insane taker cultists and become very strong magically. A kind of enlightened wackyness.
Try putting the Fiesty Slap of Pain people in G3 :D

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5193
Profile Homepage #245
I wish you could use the geneforge after all it is what both games are about. Me want to bo glowy! ;)

--------------------
Size matters not for the force is my ally and a powerful ally it is-Jedi Master Yoda
my grandpa was a wise man he said John, you can't milk a dead cow
Apprentice
Member # 5193
Profile Homepage #246
I think there should be no level limit like there is in the other games also I think that creations should be better, like the drakon should cause 76-150 right now it only does 35-64
also more canisters!!! more power. My precious......

sry 'bout double post :( :( :(

[ Saturday, November 13, 2004 07:54: Message edited by: Mata Nui ]

--------------------
Size matters not for the force is my ally and a powerful ally it is-Jedi Master Yoda
my grandpa was a wise man he said John, you can't milk a dead cow
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #247
I think that the more canisters that u use, the more you should glow. . .

--------------------
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #248
The creations should be balanced so that there is no "one type of powerful creature everyone tries to get." It was dissapointing to see the creations like Fyroas and Artillas become useless. Maybe unique creature skills, that would add a certain aspect of strategy to the game? For instance, a Cryora would have the ability to freeze a monster for a turn or so, and the fact that it was frozen would make it much more vulnerable to fire (I.E. a Fyroa). You could create serviles which would be weak, but they could use and carry items... Ornks could be adept at "finding" hidden items, etc.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #249
I think that if you could make serviles, they could act as seperate party members, with all the equipment and such. They couldn't use spells though.

--------------------

Pages