improvements for geneforge 3.... your thoughts

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: improvements for geneforge 3.... your thoughts
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #275
sure the friendly outsiders don't use them but what about the hostile ones? Bows and arrows could be effective against shapers.

--------------------
Hi. Why is the universe so BIG? Why am I human? How come hot dogs come in packages of 10 and buns 8? This will all be solved in time young padawan. Your quest for the ultimate Aztec manuer is coming to a climax. May the force be with you!!!
······························································
This is where I want you to click! Rate me! Ha Ha
Check out some cool Mac OS X Apps that were made by me here!
10101 Software - You can take my iMac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the wireless mouse!
Warrior
Member # 5363
Profile Homepage #276
Not exactly sure, but from the way it sounds, batons
are superior weapons to bows, javelins, im not so certain. But in a world where magic dominates, wouldn't most people rather hurl a large fireball than an arrow.

--------------------
Learn from others mistakes. Its safer
and more entertaining than learning on your own.
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #277
Shapers maybe. Probably.

BUT!

is an outsider army going to train all of it's worriors how to do magic?

I think that Shapers should use magic and shaping. Outsiders should use more conventional tecniques.

--------------------
Hi. Why is the universe so BIG? Why am I human? How come hot dogs come in packages of 10 and buns 8? This will all be solved in time young padawan. Your quest for the ultimate Aztec manuer is coming to a climax. May the force be with you!!!
10101 Software - You can take my iMac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the wireless mouse!
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #278
Outsiders should not get acess to batons, wands, or crystals. (Unless smuggled, stolen, etc.)

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #279
Shaper tend to disdain the use of crystals and leave them to the outsiders. There are just plain wizards apparently.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #280
Are you sure? :confused:

I thought crystals were used a shaper only items. I seem to recall a dialoge box somewhere (I think in one of the beginning stages) saying "There are two crystals. Shapers infused these gems with deadly power, only for magician use only" or something like that. I thought outsiders generally didn't use them.

[ Thursday, January 20, 2005 06:25: Message edited by: Holy Toenail Remix ]

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #281
Well in GF1 at least when you first find a crystal it tells you that Shapers consider crystals beneath them. Sorry I can't give you any direct quotes from this computer.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #282
Maybe cristals are for use by Shapers that can't do magic. (ie, guardians)

By "conventional techniques" i meant bows and arrows / swords

[ Wednesday, January 26, 2005 14:00: Message edited by: Tbg10101 ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5397
Profile Homepage #283
i believe that there should be a way to make other creations like guardian drakons and other things. Say like a merc camp i could live with that. But what bugs me is why cant you make serviles? :confused: I meen like they where probably the first type of creation made. Its like why cant you make a servile caster hmm?! Or a ornk? Come on i mean like the ornk could be the perfect pack horse!

[ Sunday, January 30, 2005 14:56: Message edited by: Flaming_valkrye ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #284
You CAN make ornks. The canister for them is a bit of an easter egg, though, and it's not very useful.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #285
I wanted to add this just because it is annoying me at the moment. Maybe it’s just me… I have a two-button scroll mouse, and the scrolling wheel can’t be used in the game. That would be nice, so I wouldn’t have to use the arrow keys all the time.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #286
how'a'bout if jeff just updates the ornk to be a pack animal?
that would be fine with me.

--------------------
Canned
Member # 5490
Profile #287
yes,i find inner gazak uss,abit too challenging,my guardian is level 35,and can cause over 300 damage with one attack (thanks to quick action),ive beaten bot hthe rotting demon,learned pinner,and the bound one,yet still i fail at every try with inner gazak uss,i feel offended that only something like a shaper could get through inner gazak uss,the whole bloody place is filled with eyebeasts!and tis impossible to defeat those things,even with a three strike ability per turn

--------------------
comminiscor ea superus san` coetus,momen athrad ea superus san` institio,uniformis ea superus san` complesso,superus honestas,superus dominatus,superus.ta ea superus a` imperator san` a` succedo
Canned
Member # 5490
Profile #288
in geneforge 3,id also like to see the abiltiy to make creatiosn that can atleast open doors for you and carry one item to and fro,and another thing,id liek to see the limit on different creation types in your party erased,i had just enough essence to create a gazer and it wouldnt let me because of that limit

--------------------
comminiscor ea superus san` coetus,momen athrad ea superus san` institio,uniformis ea superus san` complesso,superus honestas,superus dominatus,superus.ta ea superus a` imperator san` a` succedo
Canned
Member # 5490
Profile #289
another thing which sets me off,why isnt it possible to cast that weird spell that eyebeasts do?ever other spell that monsters use,you can use,but not the one that the eyebeasts cast

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4345
Profile #290
That attack is essentially aura of flames, except aura of flames is a fire type attack and the eyebeast would seem to have a energy type attack.

--------------------
"Damn Scots. They ruined scotland!"-Groundskeeper Willy, the Simpsons
Canned
Member # 5490
Profile #291
well yeah,but unless you got 3 gazers that can hit 200 each attack,you cant fight eyebeasts with any efficiency,unless you got a terror wand

--------------------
Canned
Member # 5490
Profile #292
and another thing,i cant use the armor pods because i sapped the shops of em all,and i already wiped out the awakened and the barzites

--------------------
Canned
Member # 5490
Profile #293
my most powerful guy is a level 32 huge roamer who`s highest stat is str at 25

--------------------
Canned
Member # 5490
Profile #294
the only way i can even defeat one eyebeast is by forcing it into melee,and thats hard,specially when you got three of those bloody things nippin at ya heels

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #295
Please don't quadruple-post. Use the Edit button on your posts instead.

[ Sunday, February 13, 2005 15:46: Message edited by: Sagieuleaux ]

--------------------
Canned
Member # 5490
Profile #296
blah,im a member here just like anyone else,and who cares if i make abunch of short posts,its not like runescape forums where everything goes to hell if a person posts too much,its not like my posts push anyone else`s to oblivion,so put a sock in it,im not going to take this from you or anyone else

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4345
Profile #297
That may get you banned buddy. lol. In any event, there are ALWAYS going to be difficult enemies. Live with it.

--------------------
"Damn Scots. They ruined scotland!"-Groundskeeper Willy, the Simpsons
Canned
Member # 5490
Profile #298
ye,i agree with ya,but may famine and fire rain on my enemys! lol,anyways,i need help with inner gazak-uss,im stuck just near the drakon master`s chamber,and east from the slimelord,i cant afford to go west since i cant defeat three eyebeasts at once,i dont have anything to work with ceapt level 3 blessing magic and 4 essence pods,and a party of 6,i cant bear any casualtys,i do have one thing that can stop eyebeasts,given a little luck,its the stun blade,it`s damage type is stun touch{damage 6-30} i can subdue only one eyebeast at a time wit hthat,so i need some help,and suggestions on how to beat the drakon master,my party consists of alpha hyrk,heust blade,freindly rat,abandoned vlish,huge roamer(level 32,very nice,403 health),and a cryodrayk of my own creation,any hints or helping ideas?

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #299
You mentioned that you're using a level-39 Guardian, didn't you? For IGU, that's on the low side. If there's anything else in the game that you can do to earn more experience and haven't done yet, do it first.

You might also consider using a weapon that does better damage, so you can actually kill your opponents efficiently instead of stunning one at a time.

[ Monday, February 14, 2005 18:18: Message edited by: Sagieuleaux ]

--------------------

Pages