improvements for geneforge 3.... your thoughts

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: improvements for geneforge 3.... your thoughts
Infiltrator
Member # 3776
Profile Homepage #50
I would like to have a creation that can shape other creations.

--------------------
Some stupid laws

If it is mine,it is mine.
If I had it a second ago,it is mine
If it looks like it is mine it is mine.
If it is your's and you keep it down,it becomes mine.
If I like something,it is mine
If I see something,then it is mine.

Please click here
Do not visit this Page

Want to visit the misc.boards-This is the only WAY

-Stinging Munster
Infiltrator
Member # 3776
Profile Homepage #51
It would also be good to have a spell like a Mental barrier that protects creations from mental effects and stops them from going rouge on me during the most difficult battles.

--------------------
Some stupid laws

Please click here
Do not visit this Page

-Stinging Munster
Apprentice
Member # 3284
Profile #52
What about the abioloty to fuse 2 or more creations to geather. Like 2 leval 1 fyoras to make 2 leval 2 fyoras?
Apprentice
Member # 3660
Profile #53
do you mean two level ones make one level two? otherwise itd be kinda dumb

--------------------
Malfunction: Error message: youre a dink
Apprentice
Member # 3797
Profile #54
im not sure if any of these have been mentioned before but i would like to start off as an undefined shaper aprentice, on the shaper home land and become an aprentice of maybe one of three masters, go too three seperate islands (giving it a must have replay value - you cant visit all three in one game) and set up my own faction, being able to buy upgrades for it (fencing to wooden walls to stone walls... etc) invite people to join my faction, have a shaping hall ( needs workers to be hired) which can build mines turrets and creatures without using my essence. and the choices i make through the game define what kind of shaper i become. i would like class specific enhancements (agent gets a super magic boost, shaper can create super creations, gaurdian can maybe forge weapons by combining many materials and such) it would be cool if with the founding your own faction idea that you can only have a limited amount of people in there so that each time you play you can put different people with different skills in your faction. i would like to see contact with the shaper council and also an ending possibility of complete unification. i would like to be able to enhance my creations with items (like and item that increases the percentage of poison that a clawbug deals) better evolution so you dont have to absorb outdated creations. also what would be really cool and maybe not possible would be cutscenes and better sounds... even though that may turn a 15mb download into a 70mb download. and uh yeah... many things i can say but have forgotten, if geneforge 3 comes i will probably buy it whether or not you use any of my ideas :)

~skrewet

--------------------
23(2+3=5)
King Kong died for our sins
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #55
So you're asking Jeff to turn Geneforge into an Age of Empires-clone?

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #56
Yep. Skrewet, you are describing a strategy game in your post, not a RPG. Perhaps you should be playing Galactic Core, not Geneforge.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Apprentice
Member # 3797
Profile #57
i dont want that .AoE really really sucks just by the way. i want to have a faction not join one. maybe adding a slight strategy element would broaden geneforges range of players? i have never seen a strategy game where you actually found a place where you can go back too. another idea it says all this stuff is being built and crap could maybe places change after a certian amount of time?

[ Friday, December 19, 2003 10:20: Message edited by: skrewet ]

--------------------
23(2+3=5)
Apprentice
Member # 3803
Profile #58
I would like to be able to move up the ranks in a sect (like the awakened) and also be able to make ornks, but it would take loads of Essence and you would need lots of gems or something.
Apprentice
Member # 3803
Profile #59
I would also like it if the first sect you meet was not the awakened. You sould be able to make thorn plants, living tools and batons. Just like with the Ornks it would use gems and stuff, that will also make the gemstones usefull for something else then selling them.
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #60
I want a weapon that would hurt every thing around it, like a gernade.

A graphics upgrade would be good.

I wish Jeff would do somthing about those walls. I can't see anything that is behind them. Maybe make them translucent when you come near them or something.

:)

--------------------
Hi. Why is the universe so BIG? Why am I human? How come hot dogs come in packages of 10 and buns 8? This will all be solved in time young padawan. Your quest for the ultimate Aztec manuer is coming to a climax. May the force be with you!!!
······························································
This is where I want you to click! Rate me! Ha Ha
Check out some cool Mac OS X Apps that were made by me here!
10101 Software - You can take my iMac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the wireless mouse!
Apprentice
Member # 3803
Profile #61
And you could be able to make mines and turrets!! also you could find exploding and flaming thorn batons!!!!! :cool:
Apprentice
Member # 3803
Profile #62
I hope the creators of Geneforge are looking at this board!! ;) ;)
Infiltrator
Member # 3776
Profile Homepage #63
quote:
Originally written by skrewet:

i dont want that .AoE really really sucks just by the way. i want to have a faction not join one. maybe adding a slight strategy element would broaden geneforges range of players? i have never seen a strategy game where you actually found a place where you can go back too. another idea it says all this stuff is being built and crap could maybe places change after a certian amount of time?
AoE never sucks. :mad: its my favorite.in GF2 u have creations that obey u but in battle they fight freely. in statergy like AoE solders die for u whereas in GF2 creations are dumb.

[ Saturday, December 20, 2003 08:14: Message edited by: glaahk ]

--------------------
Some stupid laws

Please click here
Do not visit this Page

-Stinging Munster
Apprentice
Member # 3797
Profile #64
AoE sucks beyond comprehension glaahk, worst interface ever, replay value of 0 online play is horrible (even AoE 2) because the only people you play are 13 yr olds or who have the capacity of a 13 yr old, one of the best strategy games still living is myth 2, huge communities and 100% editable, AND it requires REAL strategy not just building more units than the enemy and rushing them. a long time ago when i baught AoE 1 AoE 2 came shortly after and that was even more dissapointing - its not a new game because you make things different colours and name them different things, using exactly the same engine with no improvements, it needs a gripping storyline and a reason for you to want to keep it after you beat half the scenarios in 3 hours.

--------------------
23(2+3=5)
Infiltrator
Member # 3776
Profile Homepage #65
Grrrrrrrr.........
You mean I wasted money on 5 AoE Cds.Never. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

--------------------
Some stupid laws

Please click here
Do not visit this Page

-Stinging Munster
Warrior
Member # 3746
Profile #66
skrewet, let's try not to tick off the board members. Generally, that ticks off the moderators, too.

To be brutally honest, I don't like AoE 1 at all. AoE 2 was better, but I think I wasted money on the first one.

Having never bothered playing online, I couldn't tell you whether you're playing idiots or not. but you might try Starcraft. I know 20 year olds who are still playing that. Warcraft 3, too.

Kinda pity he who goes against that 20 year old, actually... :D

Knock yourself out, if it interests you.
Apprentice
Member # 3797
Profile #67
heh - i apologize i really really dislike that series. when i saw gameranger packed with AoE 2 games i went to great lengths to find AoE 2 as mac games are rare where i live and i was most considerably dissapointed for my ?40
1) the file it self was little over 200mb - file size usually means nothing to me as geneforge is an excellent game and only 20 or so mb but i paid ?40 and that is alot for my small gaming budjet and for that amount of money i usually wish to see a huge game.
2) when i went online to game ranger and joined and played games i was constantly annoyed at my lack of understanding of semi-l337 speech i can understand perfectly normal l337 but it was so skrewed up and... giving it me the same impressions others must get when thinking hackers and such are primitive vandals.
3) only briefly did i really feel the need for strategy and that was when i was vastly out numbered on one of the missions.
4) at the same time stronghold came out for mac and that i bought also. and it seriously impressed me as it wasnt like star wars galactic battle grounds which is just star wars units on the AoE engine it was a totally new and improved version of the engine, with only small parts of it reminding me of AoE.
maybe i should have given AoE 2 more of a chance but it was slightly dissapointing for a sequel to AoE.

heh, i used to love star craft, but i was not very into multiplayer at the time, shame i dont have it anymore.

5 cd's? i count 4
AoE, Rise of Rome expansion, AoE 2 and Conquerers expansion, 5th?

--------------------
23(2+3=5)
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #68
I see spam people.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Apprentice
Member # 3660
Profile #69
people talking about OTHER games? people double posting? this doesnt sound like a SWS board at all...shame.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #70
Blah blah blah. Yeah...

[ Sunday, November 07, 2004 08:09: Message edited by: RC ]

--------------------
Austrian Alex
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #71
I don't know if ppl have mentioned this before, but I find the zone-based travel kinda restricitive.

Also, more item types and more attack animations. As of now we only have 2 attack animations and 5 weapon types

1. Throwing javelin
2. Thrusting sword/knife/wand/baton and casting spell

More stats. GF2 has the same number of stats as GF 1. Maybe a new category of creatures or new catagory of spells.

Various AI settings for your creatures, like
1. Rush forward and attack
2. Snipe from range
3. Protect the shaper
4. Attack whichever enemy the shaper targets (good vs bosses)

Different pictures for special items. Rignt now a flawed shard of crystal looks like a perfect shard, and a fyoraskin cloak looks like a regular cloak, and so on.

Thats all

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #72
Time for my 2 cents.

First, more differences between the three classes. Maybe a new skill or an innate ability, they need something to make them more different.

Second, the ability to join factions earlier! Maybe Zaph can take your oath for Rising or Ty can take it for the Takers. He could still make it so that you didn't get the big benefits of the faction until later, but we could start doing missions earlier.

--------------------
I hate signatures.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #73
^
|
|
|
agrees with person above

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Apprentice
Member # 3660
Profile #74
a lot of these suggestions would be good for a NEW series, but i dont think many of them are good for geneforge. such drastic changes as different map types, and a whole new load of new weapon types, new helmet items and such, i think that theyd make a great new game, really. but geneforge is fine the way it is. (imho)

--------------------

Pages