The Silvar Inn

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Silvar Inn
Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #25
*Hands 10 gold to Alex* "I gonna take a room too. A warning though: I've got a nasty curse that make me say nonsense at random ti-Stinky dervish sex with a goattt!!!!"

"*sigh* Get the idea? So dont worry if you hear something this night. Fortunately, it should be gone in a couple of days. Fortunately. "*finish his coffee, then go sleep*

OOC: BTW I'm really going to bed now. See ya next morning!
OOC2: It rain in Exile? :confused:

--------------------
You go in, You go out, Repeat if necessary. - The Official Moron Guide For Sex

Be disgusted! (Not really)
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #26
*A slith carring a long, crooked staff enters the bar. He's young and wiry, and seems to be full of energy. He eyes the mages and the surfacelings with vague distaste, then looks at Alex and scoffs angrily.*

Slith: Seems as if the only people around nowadays are the baskers. Did you bother to find out what the old proprietor's special was?

Alex: Uh, old proprietor?

Slith: Yes. Old proprietor.

Alex: You know, when I bought this place it was a burned-out wreck. They didn't say anything about an inn --

Slith: See, you might not have known it to look at it, but this here inn has been around almost as long as Exile has. The first few owners didn't do anything special, but then a couple came in and bought the place. Turns out one of them was a demon-mage and the other was her, ahem, familiar. They brought no end of trouble to this town, and eventually it caught up to them. The two just disappeared one morning.

Alex: Wow.

Slith: That's only the beginning. The next set of owners were all fools, and eventually the rooms got closed off one by one because they gave all signs of being haunted. Then one of them came along, a real shrewd one, who decided to lay off most of the housekeeping staff and sell the haunted rooms as having 'extra features'. He did just fine until the prohibition movement came along.

Alex: I bet that killed the place, huh?

Slith: No, not really. A group bought it after him and converted it to a used furniture store. They held meetings of the local chapter of the Legitimate Businessmen's Club there every couple of days. Membership skyrocketed for some odd reason. Of course, that's probably because all of the other entrepreneur's clubs burned down about that time.

Alex: Really! How'd they --

Slith: Grain dust explosions. Every last one of them. Most of them were restaurants that didn't exactly keep their noses clean as far as health regulations were concerned. We're still scratching our heads about the one that happened in the clock shop, though. Of course, turns out the Legitimate Businessmen's Club wasn't keeping its nose clean either. Their kingpin, Big Al, was arrested for --

Alex: Murder?

Slith: What? No. Indecent exposure. The inn remained unmoved for a while until a bunch of religious types bought it, concerned about the activities they had heard occured there. They burned it to the ground the same day the dry spell stopped.

Alex: Ah. Did that get rid of the ghosts?

Slith: Oh no. The Legitimate Businessmen's Club had the ghosts exorcised. They were just burning it down on principle. But it gets worse here -- one of them didn't get out in time, and he perished in the fire. And they say his ghost still haunts this very inn.

Alex: Wow. Did all that really happen?

Slith: Naw, not a bit of it. It was a livery stable until the owner defaulted on property tax and burned the place to the ground for the insurance money. The guys you bought it from got it at a BIR auction, marked it up a few times, and sold it for more than it was worth in the first place.

Alex: ...oh. What about the old proprietor's special?

Slith: Well, the guy running the livery stable did run a bar on the side, and people hung out there from time to time. He sold overpriced beer and wine and his own special cocktails.

Alex: Really? Then I'm afraid I was never told about it.

Slith: Good. They tasted like piss. How much'll a nice, tall beer set me back?

Alex: Five.

Slith: All right. *He slides the money down the table and Alex disappears. The slith looks out and listens to the conversations and actions going on between the patrons of the inn.*

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #27
Alex gave the slith his drink then went about the inn offering everyone cookies made with various unusual (some magical) ingredients.

[ Monday, June 16, 2003 19:21: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #28
Firedrake: Alex, gimme a room. How much is it? Ten gold? G'night. You might want to place a few wards to keep a certain person away *cough*fb*cough* so that this topi... I mean inn, is not lock... I mean standing tommorow by the time I get up.

OOC: Current Character Status:
Class: Elite Assassin
Equipment: 2x Assassin Daggers
Light Bow and Arrows
Scale Mail
Small Wooden Shield
Helm
Rope and Hook
Boots

Good night anyone still on.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #29
FB, go ahead. And I don't want any of you giving him a hard time - just tell him whether his character/story is acceptable or not.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #30
"I'm here. Any jobs that need doing?"

OOC: Mage assasain - same character as the NSI topic.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #31
A young mage walks into the inn, his robes identify him as an apprentice. He proceeds to walk to the center of the chamber and shouts, "Never fear, the bold Trevor is here." However, his introduction does not go as well as he had intended; the room is completely silent.

Trevor musters the courage to shout out to the people again. "I said that the great and magnificent Trevor is here. I am a mage of great--." Before he has a chance to finish a large mug strikes him on the head and knocks him unconcious. A few others carry him upstairs and lock him in a room.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #32
Wise Man got up, refreshed. He went down for breakfast, then went to visit his sister's home.

The moment he entered, she threw a friendly punch at him, and he responded likewise. "Long time no see, bro," she greeted. "Come on in."

Wise Man entered, and the two sat down to talk at the kitchen.

"Old Kalnus is really insane now, Kyla," Wise Man sighed. "He became more and more mad as time passed. It's a good thing you weren't there when he figuratively fried his brain trying to infuse the powers of captured demons and rakshasi into himself. Now he's on a rampage to gain all the superpowers in the world, killing everything in the way."

"Why didn't you stop Father early on? I mean, you never liked him. You don't even call him 'father'."

"I've never been strong enough to do so. Every time I tried, he beat the crap out of me and I almost end up dead. Even now, I do not have the power to defeat him. Which is why I came down here to train."

"Poor you, bro. Everything happens to people around you when it involves Father, doesn't it? Mother dies, our siblings die, Camilla dies when you and she were engaged... "

"Enough of this talk. I could use some equipment, you got any spares?"

"Of course. What do you need?"

Wise Man asked for a grappling gun, some shurikens and 2 enameled bracers. After receiving the equipment he went back to the inn to collect what he had earned when working with ef, and bought a milkshake...

OOC: I'll just copy FD and do some character status crap:
Class: Elite Blademaster, mastered Circle of War
Condition: Living
Height: ~ 5'9"
Weight (or should i say mass? :P ): ~140 lbs
Equipment: Mythril-bladed Glaive
Samurai Shortsword (forgot the actual term, heh)
Enameled Bracers under shirt sleeve
Enchanted Headband, gift from deceased mother
Black Leather Gloves
Ninja boots
Grappling Gun

[ Tuesday, June 17, 2003 06:25: Message edited by: Infamous Wise Man ]

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #33
OOC: The problem, Drakefyre, is that in the past Zephyr has not responded well to us telling him that his character wasn't acceptable. If you agree to personally make Zephyr listen to us, then I see no problem with him joining.

IC: Alex happily gave Wise Man his milkshake. His mouth might have tasted like cucumber and beans for the next several hours, but he was greatly invigorated.

"Nope, sorry Namothil, no jobs just now. Although something is sure to turn up soon. Here, have a cookie..."

--------------------

Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #34
After weeks of boring travel, Riibu arrives back at the old NSI. It's empty. All she finds is a little post-it note on the counter saying: "We got bored, went to underworld."
" Aww.." Riibu sighs and turns to leave the inn, and heads then to the place where everyone else has gone.
*action takes place*
Mysterious shadow slips inside the Silvar Inn, and hovers near the doors. Then it leaves.
Riibu enters, exhausted. She spots Alex right away, and goes to complain to him about being left all alone in heaven knows what wilderness, there could have been beasts there.
Then she calms down and asks for a milk. Alex offers her a milkshake, which Riibu by knowing his tendencies to do quite extraordinary milkshakes, politely declines.

Finally somewhat content after resting a bit (and getting normal milk for drink), she approaches ef.
"Hiya. So you left, eh? Hmm, well I don't mind. I was getting a little bored too, out there, nowhere myself. I'm going to have to say this though.. I'm taking a break. A hiatus from work. A very long one. I don't think I'll do much scouting anymore. It was nice to try, but it just isn't my deal.
I would still like my wage naturally."

OOC: Character status? Hmm... Well, why not:
Class: Apprentice Druid (or Witch)
Equipment: [1] Wooden Staff, with a blade inside
[1] shirt, normal
[1] pants, normal
[2] shoft leathery boots
[1] leathery bag with Stuff(tm) inside

[ Tuesday, June 17, 2003 06:11: Message edited by: Riibu ]

--------------------
Ah! My Homepage - In Finnish and English
Geneforge - The Maps
My Elfwood Gallery - Stories I've written in english
The WALL - Forums in Finnish
Waiting for medication. I could really use some.
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #35
Shaper was already at the goblin den by morning. He saw the entrance to be heavily guarded and that it looked actually more like a fortress.
Shaper-"Here goes."
He created 2 Drayks and they charged forward, obliterating all goblins in their path. While on their way, one drayk was hit enormous times and died. Shaper felt pain with the death and would mourn later. The other Drayk destroyed the guard entrance. Shaper healed the Drayk and they were on their way forward.
It took about an hour of tunnels, but they finally reached the inside chambers. Actualy, more like a huge goblin village. There were goblins everywhere, trading, guards, regular townsgoblins. They must;ve been unaware about the guardpost onliteration, for they didn't seem worried at all.
Shaper created another Drayk and they approached carefully. On Drayk guarded the entrance they came from while another went to the south entrance. The Shaper raided all of the guardposts, killing the goblins and raiding them of their good stuff. Why let it go to waste? When he was finally done with that, one Drayk blew a flame of fire and it caught a house on fire. They killed all who resisted and left the others, then went to the south entrance. It took about 30 minutes to go through the tunnels, but they came at a valley. It was beautiful. Shaper saw some houses in a village. It must be a town. But the grass was different. There were real trees. Green grass. He was on the surface! He wondered whether the goblins knew about this. Probably. He went forward to the town. It said Inn of Blades.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #36
Imban walks back in from whereever he went and notes the increasing amount of people in the inn, who he nods a hello to.

"Hey, if there's anything... or anyone... you need me to deal with, I'll be here."

OOC : I agree with Drakey. If FB's character is unacceptable, you can expect it to vanish.

Class : Wizard Slayer / Thief
Condition : Living
Equipment : Ravager +6
(assorted armor, mostly green leather or studded leather)
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #37
I'll listen, but make it simple(I've a migraine.). Thanks Drakefyre!
I'll use a necromancer. He's stll neutral. Just like the Spidweb cabin Necromancer. His name is Si-er. Do I have to tell you anymore? BTW: His robe is so long it covers his face and hands, so don't say something like: "Your eyes are going cross", or "Your hands are burnt!" to him.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #38
IC:Shaper walks to iob. It has some guards. He walks in. When he goes in the bar a mage comes out to greet him. He tells him that he has a quest that he'll give him a spell book if he finishes. He tells him to get lumps of metal outside of town north. When he goes he gets attacked by mages. Shaper's Drayks kill 2 each while he kills 2. When he gets back he gives him the spell book.
Shaper returns to Silvar inn. He asks if anyone can decode the spellbook.

OOC: eh, I guess I'll do that character crap.

Name: Shaper
Type: Shaper
Condition: living
Height: 6'0
Allies: 2 drayks (for now)
Equipment:
Robe
Pants
Belt
Boots

Other char.
Name: Julie
Type: Elite Warrior/Elite fighter/Elite archer
Condition: living
Height: 6'1"
Allies: no one(for now)
Equipment:
Shirt
Shorts
Knee-high boots
Two Greatswords

[ Tuesday, June 17, 2003 06:14: Message edited by: Cement Cube ]
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #39
OOC: We don't usually talk about hands and eyes anyway. Try to only post IC posts! Instead of telling us about your character, post an IC of him. Example: "A figure in long dark robes entered the inn..."

IC: Sad that no one would try his cookies, Alex went back behind the bar to serve more drinks.

--------------------

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #40
For lack of something to do, Wise Man went to practise in Kyla's dojo. "Hey, you got any special training areas?" Wise Man asked Kyla.

"Check the back, the training areas there are the best places to train for people like you."

Wise Man went to the riverside at the back. There were multitudes of large wooden logs, sticking out of the water, with different heights and distances between each log. At the side, where he was, there was a large selection of weapons. As he put down his mythril glaive for a regular steel glaive, Kyla approached him. "It's harder to trin alone here. Want to spar?" she asked.

"Sure," Wise Man answered. Kyla then took a sabre, and the two leaped to opposite sides of the course...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #41
IC:
*A black robed character walks in, then he walks up to the Inn owner.*
Black robed guy: I am called Si-er, hw much for a beer and a room to stay for the night? *Everyone notices a strange symbol on his back.*

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #42
Shaper-I'll try your cookies. I'm tired after my long journey anyway. I'll have a steak if you have any. And I'll rest up for the night.

Shaper gives Alex 30 coins.

Shaper-that should be enough. If not I'll pay you more. I have enough gold, after the goblin raid.

OOC: Zephyr, are you trying to be a Shaper?

[ Tuesday, June 17, 2003 06:26: Message edited by: Cement Cube ]
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #43
OOC: he's supposed to be a necromancer i believe.

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #44
An apprentice necromancer to be more exact.
IC:
Si-er: You've got cookies? I'll try some, how much will a room, a beer, and to try some of your cookies cost?

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #45
*Goes over to Zephyr

Shaper-do you know if you can decode this book? I don't understand any of it.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #46
Si-er: Hmmm..... it's of no use to me...but here you go: *Chants a ritual to Shaper, Shaper then memorizes it amd learns a new spell.* I'm not sure which spell it is, but it's not a necromancy spell.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #47
Julie walks in the bar. She goes over to Shaper and tells him something.

Julie-you wiped out the golins there?

Shaper-yep. With my two trusty Drayks.
*pats Drayks on the head

Julie-well, there's a mission you can do. Go down to lower exile with me to the castle and the king will tell you about it.

Shaper-sure. I'm gonna spend the night here, though.

Julie-I'll wait, then. There's no rush.

They spend about an hour conversing, Julie telling him what the mission is about. There is a section of exile that has been taken over by demons, and they could wipe out everyone if action is not taken soon.

Shaper-hey wait.

*goes over to Zephyr.

Julie tells Zephyr about the mission. There is a reward of free access anywhere in exile(excluding monster dens) and a nice reward of 30000 gold.

Julie- do you want to join us, Zephyr?
Warrior
Member # 2893
Profile #48
The door to the inn bursts open from a mighty kick. A large man with many scars carried away from too many battlefields stands in the door way surveying the room. His eyes move from one to the next. He is obviously looking for someone. His eyes settle upon a thin figure in dark robes.

"You! Si-er! I have followed you across many leagues and even down here to the bowels o' the earth and now I've found ye!" He points a thick, calloused finger toward the robed figure who is now cowering in fear, attempting to think of a dark spell to save himself from the death he toys with. "I told ye above, and I'll be tellin' you now here'n below, ye had no cause, nor right, to dig up me Mum and use her for yer sick and twisted ways."

Si-er's mind is racing to remember the event he is accused of. Yes there were times he'd had to dig up those who'd passed on, but, was that not the way? The dark ways demanded this, cried out for this. He'd needed to practice, he had to learn control, and to learn the art of controlling the dead did he not need a body?

"I know not of what you speak", Si-er mumbled, as he edged toward the back door. Cowards live on, he thought to himself.

"Aye, but you do and yerl pay da price", the mighty warrior said with a chilling, vengeful tone. He drew his mighty axe, one that bore the nicks and stains of battle and strode toward the necromancer.....
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #49
*shaper steps in.

Shaper-what the hells this all about, men?

Pages