The Silvar Inn

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Silvar Inn
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #0
That's right! It's not the "New" Silvar Inn. This inn is in Exile! Alex, the great archmage, was tired of the surface and moved down into Exile to start his own inn.

Welcome to the Silvar Inn! Come on in and have a drink! Or feel free to peddle your goods and services! You'll not find a better inn in all the underworld!

(Off-topic posts not allowed! I ask that a kindly mod please delete posts that are off-topic {or by Zephyr/FB} rather than just locking the thread. Thank you. Imban is bored. Imban's summer vacation just started. Imban will do so.)

[ Monday, June 16, 2003 17:08: Message edited by: Imban ]

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #1
Wise Man entered the inn, and greeted Alex. "Why hello, Alex. Normally I wouldn't want to come to the underworld, but I have a few ... relatives here."

"Weren't you fighting your insane father just now?" Alex asked.

"Ah, he was too strong. Barely made it back to safety. I believe Firedrake got away too. I came down here so I can train for a little while, and visit my sister while I'm at it. Anyway, got any normal beer?"

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #2
"Normal beer you say? Remember, we are in Exile. Normal beer here is made from mushrooms and doubles as weed killer. Perhaps you'd like a milkshake? ;) Or maybe a beer imported from the surface? More expensive, but it doesn't take the skin off the inside of your mouth."

EDIT: (P.S. thank you Imban)

[ Monday, June 16, 2003 17:15: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------

Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #3
*Suddenly, Shaper walks in*
This RP won't be ruined, will it? If so, I'm leaving.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #4
"RP? You must have the wrong place? this here is an inn. Would you like a drink?"

(Hey! I said no off-topic posts!)

--------------------

Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #5
*A man in green armor walks in, carrying a halberd. He puts the halberd next to the door, then sits down and orders a glass of milk.*

I can't stay for long, but I'll be watching. I don't think anything's going to happen to this inn - and hey, how many fine eating establishments can you think of in Exile?
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #6
Oh, well, that changes everything. Still someone might come in and ruin it.

*The Shaper is wearing a robe pants and boots. He orders 5 swigs of wine.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #7
"I must admit, I am hoping that the rarity of good food will bring people to my fine inn. Here, have another glass of milk, on the house."

OOC: How much is a swig?

[ Monday, June 16, 2003 17:27: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------

Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #8
*I'll be a male and female character :P
I mean two different characters.

Suddenly, a group of goblins comes in the bar. They make a feeble attempt to rob the place. The Shaper sits there, drinking, while 2 goblins try to kill him. Wise man and the man in green armor take out the rest while shaper cracks the necks of the two goblins. They dump the bodies out of town and return to the bar.

[ Monday, June 16, 2003 17:32: Message edited by: Canned ]
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #9
"Yes, I meant normal surface beer. And why am I sitting down holding my glaive?" Wise Man put his glaive down and Alex gave him his beer.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #10
"Wise Man, Archmage, I missed you." ef went in, smiling broadly.

"Archmage, I brought my whole supply of coffee from the surface, your customers will jubilate, but I want one too. The surface is a mess and I'm tired of skribbane. I thought I'll rusticate for a while and then see what comes up and what I might do."

--------------------
Polaris
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #11
"You can call me Shaper," Shaper says. "Btw, do you happen to have any of that Skribbane with you? I can buy some if you want."
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #12
OOC: I just wanna wrap up things real quick. Hopefully this RP will be okay.

Intro: Firedrake catches up with Ilofekh and performs an Assasin move! Ilofekh doesn't block and dies! The wyrm riders sink his fleet! The other guy (Wise Man's Father) disappears! The world is saved! Sick of all the fighting on the surface, FD heads down into the caves of Exile, to the Silvar Inn.

IC: Firedrake enters the Silvar Inn.

FD: Hey! There's only some of us here. Were's everyone else?

ef: Not here yet.

FD: Well, I'm going to look around and buy some gear, my current stuff is getting a little rusty.

OOC: Hopefully this rp... I mean "topic" will remain ok until tommorow.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #13
"No, sorry, I made a deal with Ilofekh. He got the skribbane and I got all our wordly goods. Ha, I saved all our money, jewelry and what other things we had, plus I survived a revolution. I'm very satisfied with myself today.

Ilofekh's dead? Too bad. I liked him, you know. Oh well, wouldn't be too sure that he's really dead. That man has so many tricks up his sleeve. Oh well, we'll see. Have a drink, before you leave, Firedrake. It's on me."

[ Monday, June 16, 2003 18:10: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #14
Shaper-Can I still make a Skribbane deal with you, ef?

It starts raining. After about 30 minutes a lady with brown hair and blue eyes comes in. She wears very tight bloodstained shorts. Her shirt also has some blood on it. She is muscular and wields two greatswords. She captures the attention of everyone in the bar.

Alex-care for a drink?

Mysterious Lady-I'll have some milk.

Shaper-what happened to you? By the way, my names Shaper.

lady-I'm Julie. I got in a fight with a goblin den about 10 miles south. There are still a lot there.

Wise Man-are you wounded?

Julie-Just a little, but I'll be fine.

She finishes her drink and sits down to talk.
Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #15
"Damn that unstable new teleporter prototype!" *Daco suddently walks in*

"Anyway...Gimme some coffee please."

--------------------
You go in, You go out, Repeat if necessary. - The Official Moron Guide For Sex

Be disgusted! (Not really)
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #16
"Coffee it is!"

--------------------

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #17
"I know old Kalnus is still alive though," Wise Man said in response to FD and EF. "Part of the mutation I possess allows me to feel the life force of those in my immediate family... It's a haunting feeling how I am constantly reminded that the man I have sworn to kill will always be there, until I can manage to defeat him.

"Anyway," Wise Man turned to Alex. "I need a room. How much for one night?"

--------------------
--------------------
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #18
"For an old friend, the first night is free. a cheap 10 gold per night after."

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #19
"That reminds me. I said I saved all our things. So whatever I still owe you, salary, bonuses, what else, I pay.

And Shaper, sorry, but I've no skribbane with me. Don't know if it is sold down here. Anyway, I'll probably change trade for a while. I used to be a healer. I might be one again."

--------------------
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #20
Let me make just ONE post. I'll only use a simple necromancer, nothing special. Every few pages I'll upgrade him a tiny bit. Which means no endless crap and stuff like that. Give people a chance to read this post if it will be deleted.

BTW- I said NEW Silvar Inn topics, not Silvar Inn topics. I'm waiting for a response, and I've got an interesting idea to add to the plot.

[ Monday, June 16, 2003 19:05: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Windwarrior ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #21
Wise Man looked in his coin pouch. There wasn't much left. "Thank goodness it's free the first night. I'll have to find my sister's home tomorrow and sleep there, it sucks to be poor. Anyways, I'll go find my room now."

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #22
"Don't be ridiculous, Wise Man. I know you never wanted to be bothered with money and hardly ever went to get your salary, but I keep records. You are very well off, if I remember that right. Come to me in the morning. You need not visit your sister's place as a poor relative. Rubbish."

--------------------
Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #23
"Haha, lucky me. By the way, she has a training dojo at the south end of town, right beside the river. Anyways, I gotta go." Wise Man left the bar and went to his room for some much-needed shuteye.

--------------------
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #24
Firedrake enters the local blacksmith.

O'rien the blacksmith: Wha can I get ja?
FD: Um... I'll trade in all this stuff.
O'rien: That'd be 750 gold.
FD: I'll take that scale mail, the small wooden shield, those expensive looking assassin daggers, that shortbow and some arrows, a large cloak, and that helmet thing.
O'rien: That'll be uh... 751 gold.
FD: That's all.

FD leaves and heads back to the inn.

"Time for me to go back to my adventuring ways," FD thought.

FD then checked the inn for jobs.

Jobs list:
--------------------------------------------------
Wanted - Bandits in the area. Have hit several caravans of supplies and are hiding in the local hills. Talk to Valor for detains and reward.

Worgs terrorizing local farms. Need strong adventurers to deal with them. -Silvar City Counsil

Young Mage seeking help to take out some bothersome goblins and a pesky mage in a nearby tower. Talk to Melissa at the Silvar Inn for details.
--------------------------------------------------

FD: Hmm. Choices. Choices. I think I'll take job No. 3. Sounds easy enough. How tough can the goblins be? I'll ask Wise Man if he'll go. And that shaper guy. Mabey even that person in the green cloak. ef too.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok

Pages