Avernum V ideas

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Avernum V ideas
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #225
quote:
Originally written by Rent-an-Ihrno:

er... if jeff does the programming, what do the other two do? share the story-part?
The second person is his wife, who does some design work from time to time.

The third person is his secretary, who is responsible for processing orders and other administrative duties.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #226
but seriously, avernum mostly consists of storyline, texts, messages etc., does jeff do that on his own too?

btw, where does the name krizsan come from? (since his wife was mentioned, and i believe i heard thats her name... or was krizsan a girl of jeffs past... hm)

oh wait, im getting too much ot. uhh.... oh yes! assuming that a5 will take place after a4, i think avernum should be sealed off again. by some kind of accident maybe. to get that exile-feeling back, you know? and solberg and micah should be replaced. i like the guys, but 4 games are enough, theyre too old.
and i would like to see x in a more active role.

oh! and i would very much appreciate a more flexible dialogue.
i mean, apart from the much-discussed option of typing in things to say etc etc etc, i would like to be adressed correctly. a singleton should be spoken to as a single being, and maybe filling in <PN> (=player name) would be nice.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #227
Mariann Krizsan is Jeff's wife. All the provinces in A3 are named after women from Jeff's life, and Krizsan got the mildest plague. (I still wonder what a certain Footracer did to him.)

—Alorael, who also is pretty sure that Micah is already dead and replaced by Starrus. On the other hand, Jeff has insinuated that Solberg's role will be expanded.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #228
i know, i just wondered where he found all those weird names. i mean, theyre beautiful and everything, (except footracer maybe), but wouldnt it be weird to be introduced to a ms. midori?

anyway, any more clues on solberg? (i wont ask about starrus since i suspect his role is explained in a4)
will he still be in the triad? who else?

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #229
quote:
Alorael, who also is pretty sure that Micah is already dead and replaced by Starrus. On the other hand, Jeff has insinuated that Solberg's role will be expanded.
Pfft. I want more Cheeseball.

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
Although it would provide amusement, I will not confess to the hero's rival that I was the one who committed the heinous act for which he blames the hero.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #230
A4 explains a lot of this, you know. Like the Triad being more or less a name only without a Tower of Magi, and like Solberg's no longer being a member anyway.

Starrus is, by the way, Micah's son and the new king of Avernum. I think Chevyn was quietly fed to giant lizards, much to everyone's relief. Or maybe his own pet lizard?

—Alorael, who must introduce you to Ms. Midori.
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #231
oh. hm. that gives me a lot to think about. maybe i should read everything that happens in a4 before i open my unnerving little mouth again.

and im sure you cant introduce me to ms. karnold!

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 7375
Profile #232
I like having a seperate shadow plane for lost puppies and maybe a land run desolete with death and hell but in the original plane of existence.

Also I think A5 and Everquest should have armor that nullifies magic to make warriors the most powerful masters of the universe

"If at first you don't succeed, beat it with a kendo stick and force it to work"
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #233
If you want to nullify magic, get a null bug. The best we can hope for is increased magic resistance. Oh na d why did you bring Everquest into this, eh?

--------------------
Pass the sauerkraut and chips please.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #234
There was an antimagic spell for a while in the game. You could always forcecage the mage if that spell comes back form A3.
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #235
Ahem!

quote:
Originally written by Spidweb:

I will also point out that the article was specifically about MMORPGs. I defy anyone to go to the official World of Warcraft or Everquest forums and find that that are a generally useful and intelligent place.

The people on the Spiderweb forums are generally friendly and useful, and I engage them on and off for actual feedback. Anyone who's been in the Geneforge 4 forum know that I have been taking and implementing actual suggestions from the community. Avernum 5 will incorporate suggestions from Avernum 4.

But anyone who wants to take quotes out of context from a humor column and turn it into a big emo drama is welcome to, I suppose.

- Jeff Vogel

quote:

Avernum 5 will incorporate suggestions from Avernum 4.

quote:

Avernum 5

Now if this isn't proof I don't know what could be.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Loyal Underling
Member # 13
Profile #236
Didn't we already know that?

--------------------
[i]Great Potato[/i]
"Unless by the force of eloquence they mean the force of truth; for if such is their meaning, I admit that I am eloquent." -- Socrates
Posts: 126 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #237
He has said before that he's going to make an A5. A4 sold extremely well, so it's pretty unsurprising that he'll do another one.

A character editor is my biggest request. I don't use it, but some people do need it when they mess things up or put all their skill points into Nature Lore or something. Height is my second-biggest, because it just makes everything look better.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7392
Profile #238
I didn't read all the pages (I'm such a lazy) but I think the Vahnatai (sp?) should have a bigger role in the next Avernum, much like Avernum 2. I like how they are strangely unusual, and the way they act, also their closeness to the crystals.

If anything happened to them in A4, don't yell after me, I didn't finish it yet, I'm at Fort Avernum right now.

EDIT: I'm working on it, I'm on my way to Fort Dranlon (And Cetra) right now. Had some rough times, but for now it goes well.

[ Thursday, August 17, 2006 14:12: Message edited by: Conqueror of Geneforge ]

--------------------
If there was only one last shaper alive on Sucia Island...

~Formerly known as Genexile~
Loyal Underling
Member # 13
Profile #239
You should finish Avernum 4.

--------------------
[i]Great Potato[/i]
"Unless by the force of eloquence they mean the force of truth; for if such is their meaning, I admit that I am eloquent." -- Socrates
Posts: 126 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #240
to be honest, im sick of the vahnatai. yeah you spelled them right.
i hate plagues and diplomacy and stuff, i miss the warfare-feeling.
and i hate rentar. im so glad she dies at the end of a4.
HA! that was for you guys telling me the vahnatai were responsible in a3.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #241
I think Jeff said somewhere back in the first 3 pages that the Vahnatai wouldn't appear in A5. Of course that could always change after he gets through the debate in this thread on whether they should come back.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #242
It wasn't in this thread, so it must have been in the other A5 thread.

Dikiyoba knows that Jeff said there would be no vahnatai PCs and no more Rentar-Ihrno, but Dikiyoba can't remember what he said about vahnatai in general. Dikiyoba will check.

Edit: Jeff said he thinks there will be vahnatai.

[ Thursday, August 17, 2006 19:48: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #243
Ack!! Poor vahanatai.. Gone from A5. Well, at least there's new things added. Wait.. Was there already a post that Jeff will be thinking of adding a new race that the PC(s) will meet??

--------------------
Oh you're a cute Adze-Haakai you are..
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #244
Read Dikiyoba's previous post again. Click on the link and read that post, too, while you're at it.
Apprentice
Member # 7392
Profile #245
quote:
and i hate rentar. im so glad she dies at the end of a4.
Thanks very much for the obvious spoiler, I just hope it's not a really big one. (Even though I don't know who's Rentar... yet. Or I forgot.)

I'm gonna click the link now. (Eyebeasts hurt!)

--------------------
If there was only one last shaper alive on Sucia Island...

~Formerly known as Genexile~
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #246
I can't imagine why there would be spoilers about A4 in a topic about A5. That's insanity!

—Alorael, who also can't believe anyone would be reading the topic without having played, say, A2, A3, or A4.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #247
Rentar only dies in some endings. It depends upon your choices in both fortresses. You can let him go to bother other people.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #248
Her, and out of three possible choices you get two options where she lives.

—Alorael, who isn't sure whether one or both of them can become unavailable depending on choices made in dialogue. The bloodthirsty ending is always available, although "bloodthirsty" is a tricky word when your foe is technically a rock on a podium.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #249
Well.. What ending is better? The ending where Rentar dies or the one the she lives?

--------------------
Oh you're a cute Adze-Haakai you are..

Pages