Official Election Final Round Voting

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Official Election Final Round Voting
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #350
Nobody else wants to show off your beautiful singing voices? :(

Or do I have to post my own recording to lower the bar? :) (Some people simply have no musical talent and I am one of them.)

Ef, German accent might be similar to Russian because the two countries are relatively close together and used to have a lot of cultural links:

Many Russian emperors brought in German officials to organize the government and German officers to run the military. Germans had a reputation for good organization and some Russian emperors tried to copy everything German from governmental and military structures to styles of clothing.

There were also some German villages in Russia, populated by Germans whose ancestors were brought in by Peter the Great to help westernize Russia and start its industry.

Even Russian capital had a Dutch name "Sant Peterburg". (Its name was changed to Russian "Petrograd" only during World War I.)

[ Thursday, July 28, 2005 20:20: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #351
I have sent my voice file over to Kel. I'm just saying g'day, pretty much. No singing.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #352
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

Nobody else wants to show off your beautiful singing voices? :(

Or do I have to post my own recording to lower the bar? :) (Some people simply have no musical talent and I am one of them.)

I'll give it a shot. Of course, I'm no longer any kind of singer like I was six years ago; my voice cracked and everything sort of stopped in terms of singing afterwards.

Be careful what you wish for, Zeviz. ;)

I'll give any interested parties/people the chance to vote for one of ten lovely tunes, which I will later butcher vocally! Check the related poll!

[ Thursday, July 28, 2005 22:57: Message edited by: Slp006 ]

--------------------
Wu wei... it's the only way
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #353
I could sing a song - but I warn you, I'm pretty bad.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #354
I would like to hear you sing, Ash :)

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #355
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

I could sing a song - but I warn you, I'm pretty bad.
Pfft. Let us be the judge of that. Besides, I also consider myself pretty bad. I'm expecting more laughs and biting comments than words of praise.

Warm up those cords, Ash! :)

[ Saturday, July 30, 2005 00:09: Message edited by: Slp006 ]

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #356
Oops. Yes, Spring, I got your e-mail, but I forgot about it until now. Anyone who wants to hear Spring's voice, go here.

EDIT: Thanks, Thuryl.

[ Saturday, July 30, 2005 22:07: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #357
I don't know, but I'm just copying the link into my browser. I'll see how it turned out.

EDIT: I can't even really understand myself. Ah well. Oh yeah, thats my dog barking in the background.

[ Saturday, July 30, 2005 17:53: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------

Polaris
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #358
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

EDIT: Uh, why does that link not work?
I think maybe it doesn't like the space.

Experiment:

here

here

EDIT: Bingo. The space it is. Replace the space in your URL with %20 to make the link work.

[ Saturday, July 30, 2005 22:03: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #359
Not singing, but playing the piano.

If I ever have the time, I might record something else, but not now.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #360
That's wonderful, Aran :)

--------------------------------------------------------
I'll post this here because I'm not sure where would be a better place…

I'm going to be posting a lot less frequently for a couple months. My Rottweiler passed away a couple days ago, so we go a puppy so our remaining dog wouldn't be alone. Time is spread thin between school and the puppy, so I don't have quite as much time to get online. She is nine weeks old, so I'd say it will be about two or three months before I will be able to post at a steady rate again.

Here is a picture (she doesn't have a name yet). You can't really see her face, but she doesn't stay still for more then a second (especially with a camera pointed at her). She is a Rat Terrier; I have never had this breed of dog before, but they seem like good dogs.

--------------------
Nena
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #361
I'm sorry about your Rottweiler. Losing a friend is usually very hard, and dogs are often the best of those.

Good luck with your Rat Terrier. She's extremely cute, as a good puppy should be. I think you're being too generous with the three months scenario. I would give it eight, maybe six if she mellows out a little. My male Jack Russel (now known as a Parson Russel Terrier) had a very long puppy phase that lasted almost a year and a half. However, male terriers are very naughty creatures.

Keep the toys handy, because you have a destroyer of things on your hands, and tennis balls everywhere. I have yet to know a terrier who can resist a good tennis ball. Or a bad one.

Oh, and they're smart too. Watch out. You're going to be exhausted after the first couple of weeks. ;) I think you picked an excellent breed.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #362
Marlenny's voice

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #363
Just felt like recording something else, so here it is:

My rendition of "Edelweiss"

I, too, will likely be slowing down a bit in my posting over the next couple of months. The approaching semester will be crucial for me, and need to get off to a strong start. As the likelihood of me managing to cut down on all the boozing and partying is slight, something else just has to give. :P Unfortunately, that "something else" will have to be this forum.

The new clips are interesting. Marlenny and Spring sound much as I had imagined they would, although Spring's got a pleasantly nonchalant delivery. Aran's piano playing is superb. I'd try to record myself playing the harmonium, but lack of practice has degraded my technique to an absolutely shameful level.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #364
Well, we'll see ya around, Stug. Just remember to make your less-frequent posting worth it by getting yourself some good grades.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #365
Sorry to hear about Zeus.

Good dog...

*this message sponsored by Odin*
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #366
I don't think Zeus is a rottweiler. I believe it's one of her other dogs that has died. My condolences, Dolphin.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #367
Very nice, Stug. Makes me wish I'd taken lessons myself...

Anyone know how to turn up the sensitivity of a built-in mic on an iMac?

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #368
Well, first, go to System Preferences, then Sound. Now increase the input volume. I assume you're using OS X. I hope that solves the sensitivity issue.

Now, get ready. It's time for the Spam Song, Slp edition! :P

Only a few unlucky people will be able to download it from the following reliable link: http://home.ripway.com/2005-7/364759/Spamslp.wav

If you get an error message, use this one, though it might not work at all:
http://www.savefile.com/filehost/files.php?fid=3657286

Who needs dignity? Not me. Not even a shred. Believe it or not, this is the 5th take of my singing of this one.

[ Sunday, July 31, 2005 17:26: Message edited by: Slp006 ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #369
Thank you very much for your kind words Slp, Salmon, and Stugie. The Rottweiler was named Cleo; Zeus is alive and well, but very afraid of the new puppy.

Stugie, very awesome.

Slp, that's hilarious, nice.

--------------------
Nena
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #370
Poor Dolphin. My condolences. I hope your new dog is as good as your old.

Stug, you have an excellent singing voice. Unfortunately I have never heard the original, so I can't comment on the similarity, if any.

Marlenny, you sound much as I thought you would.

--------------------

Polaris
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #371
Yes, Cleo. Zeus must have seemed more of a rottie name to me.

I know I would be devastated if either of my dogs died, and I feel for you.

*this message sponsored by Benny and Sadie - for Cleo*
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #372
My condolences Dolphin.
*puts @>->-- on Cleo's grave.

t Slp: funny take. Did you sight-sing?
:) es-el-pi? I always spelled it "sloop" ...
And your voice is not bad. It only needs some training.

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #373
Somehow I doubt that you mentioned the death of your dog specifically in order to get everyone's sympathy, but you have mine, regardless.

Oddly enough, Slp, there is no mention of input volume in the Sound section of System Preferences. I am using OS X.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #374
quote:
Originally written by Lady Davida:

Somehow I doubt that you mentioned the death of your dog specifically in order to get everyone's sympathy, but you have mine, regardless.
No, I didn't mention it for the sake of sympathy, or I would have mentioned what caused her passing. It was more to say why we got the puppy. I am truly touched that people care, thank you so much for your kindness :)

quote:
Oddly enough, Slp, there is no mention of input volume in the Sound section of System Preferences. I am using OS X.
Did adjusting the input volume in Audacity not work?

Edit: Also, on a Mac: go to System Preferences - Sound - Input.

[ Monday, August 01, 2005 20:31: Message edited by: Zaiu ]

--------------------
Nena

Pages